PDA

View Full Version : Broncos: Team gets feeling that Kubiak will roll with Sanchez to start and go from there

Northman
07-21-2016, 12:19 PM
http://www.12up.com/posts/3493050-report-broncos-player-says-gary-kubiak-has-chosen-denver-s-starting-qb?a_aid=40607

Broncos defensive lineman Sylvester Williams appeared on ​Sirius XM NFL Radio (https://www.facebook.com/notes/siriusxm-nfl-radio/broncos-williams-kubiak-has-indicated-sanchez-will-start-at-quarterback/10154303081837510) and said that Kubiak has, "kind of let us know" that veteran Mark Sanchez would be leading the team come September.

"But I think, going into the camp, I think Coach Kub kind of let us know he's going to go with Mark and give Mark the opportunity to see what he can do and then go on from there."

The Broncos drafted their QB of the future in Paxton Lynch during the first round of the 2016 NFL Draft, but he needs some time to develop before taking over the starting role. there had been talk that Trevor Siemian would be given a chance to start, but it seems Sanchez will be given the reigns.

At least to start.

BroncoJoe
07-21-2016, 12:20 PM
Not a huge surprise, and I agree with that tactic.

MOtorboat
07-21-2016, 12:21 PM
I think it's the right move. I imagine it's the case unless something astounding happens in camp with either of the other two.

SoCalImport
07-21-2016, 01:38 PM
Once it became obvious that Simian was the closest thing to veteran competition for Sanchez, this was a given.
I'm all for it.

TXBRONC
07-21-2016, 06:20 PM
It's not a surpise.

Joel
07-21-2016, 07:43 PM
Breaking: Defending SB Champ roster unanimously smarter than a fifth grader. If not many posters who were still accusing our coach of "playing not to lose" even at the end of our Championship Season. But if "power is the ultimate aphrodisiac," victory is the ultimate analgesic.

FanInAZ
07-21-2016, 08:34 PM
Isn't this old news :confused:

blamkin86
07-22-2016, 10:24 AM
Dear God, please don't let us turn into the Texans.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-22-2016, 12:36 PM
Dear God, please don't let us turn into the Texans.

Sanchez is better than anyone the Texans had.

blamkin86
07-22-2016, 01:54 PM
Sanchez is better than anyone the Texans had.

I was talking about the carousel at QB the Texans went through last year. I know Sanchez will likely be replaced during the year, or will he?

I just don't want that.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-22-2016, 02:06 PM
I was talking about the carousel at QB the Texans went through last year. I know Sanchez will likely be replaced during the year, or will he?

I just don't want that.

Well, we might not have a choice for a couple of years, at least not until Siemens or Lynch show themselves ready.

Personally, I think we'll be fine. We won't ask much from our qb's this year. Their job will be to not turn it over, and I don't see how they can do any worst than last year.

slim
07-22-2016, 02:07 PM
Didn't he say it would be an open competition?

If I was a player, I don't think I would like being lied to like that.

Joel
07-22-2016, 11:37 PM

I just don't want that.
The reason they went through a QB carousel last year is the same reason Kubes lost his job there: Because McNair never let him go out and get a starting QB worthy of the name: Even when it was obvious Schaub sucked, and Kubes DESPERATE to replace him, the best alternative he was allowed was a 5th round pick (with whom he STILL won the franchises first playoff game while the guy was a ROOKIE) followed by a UDFA.

Does ANY aspect of Elways history suggest he'd make the same mistake, or has?

We can keep debating whether Kubiak or Wade made our Championship Season, but they were BOTH in Houston for the Schaub era yet never (quite) reached a Conference Championship game, let alone WON a SB, so maybe it's a moot point. All I know is injury-prone Manning+Von Miller>flameout-prone Schaub+JJ Watt. Regardless of WHY, that makes me comfortable with and confident in our future.

MOtorboat
07-22-2016, 11:59 PM
The reason they went through a QB carousel last year is the same reason Kubes lost his job there: Because McNair never let him go out and get a starting QB worthy of the name: Even when it was obvious Schaub sucked, and Kubes DESPERATE to replace him, the best alternative he was allowed was a 5th round pick (with whom he STILL won the franchises first playoff game while the guy was a ROOKIE) followed by a UDFA.

Does ANY aspect of Elways history suggest he'd make the same mistake, or has?

We can keep debating whether Kubiak or Wade made our Championship Season, but they were BOTH in Houston for the Schaub era yet never (quite) reached a Conference Championship game, let alone WON a SB, so maybe it's a moot point. All I know is injury-prone Manning+Von Miller>flameout-prone Schaub+JJ Watt. Regardless of WHY, that makes me comfortable with and confident in our future.

You simply cannot put none of the blame on the head coach for the quarterback problems in Houston, especially considering that coach came up the ranks as a quarterback coach and an offensive coordinator. Granted, I simply don't expect Elway to allow what Rick Smith allowed as I think Elway is a stronger and smarter general manager than Smith, but you can't place all of the blame on the owner for quarterback problems. But, that said, Elway has seemingly placed a band-aid on the situation and drafted a rookie who needs some time to sit, something Smith never really did as he kept applying band-aids and never drafted the next guy for development (and I still think he's applying band-aids with the signing of Osweiler.)

Was Kubiak given the best situation? Hell no, but come on. I expect he learned his lesson in Houston and that helped him to make the right decisions last year down the stretch. Ultimately, that pissed off the guy who was supposed to be the next quarterback for the Broncos and led to him leaving town, but I think Kubiak made the right decision (Note that he didn't have to win the Super Bowl for that to be the right decision).

Tned
07-23-2016, 12:09 AM
Breaking: Defending SB Champ roster unanimously smarter than a fifth grader. If not many posters who were still accusing our coach of "playing not to lose" even at the end of our Championship Season. But if "power is the ultimate aphrodisiac," victory is the ultimate analgesic.

Translation requested.

Simple Jaded
07-23-2016, 11:18 PM

vJz8IcViM4A

Simple Jaded
07-23-2016, 11:25 PM
Translation requested.

I think he's saying that winning is the key to a healthy colon.

TXBRONC
07-24-2016, 07:19 AM
I think he's saying that winning is the key to a healthy colon.

I think he was saying this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk2fXsnzirI

Denver Native (Carol)
07-24-2016, 10:15 AM
VALLEJO, Calif. – All signs point to Mark Sanchez.

All signs except the official endorsement of Denver Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak. Does Sanchez want it? Need it to become an effective starting quarterback?

“Listen that will take care of itself,’’ Sanchez said here Saturday at teammate C.J. Anderson’s football camp. “The most important thing for me is to just absorb the coaching. Take that all in. Put my best foot forward, really focus each and every day on how to move this team down the field. How are we going to get first downs? How am I going to lead these guys? That’s what I’ve been doing, working hard and studying , and all the rest of it is going to take care of itself. I’ve learned that in my short eight years.”

That’s seven more NFL years than rookie Paxton Lynch, the Broncos’ first-round quarterback of the future, and six more than Trevor Siemian, who will push to become the quarterback of the present when the full team reports for training camp Wednesday.

rest - http://www.9news.com/sports/sanchez-not-concerned-about-kubiak-endorsement-as-training-camp-approaches/280206374

TXBRONC
07-24-2016, 03:15 PM
rest - http://www.9news.com/sports/sanchez-not-concerned-about-kubiak-endorsement-as-training-camp-approaches/280206374

It's the safest choics but if Lynch strong camp things could change in a hurry. I'm not expecting it but you never know.

DenBronx
07-24-2016, 03:26 PM

It's the safest choics but if Lynch strong camp things could change in a hurry. I'm not expecting but you never know.

I feel the same. He's an unknown, much like Osweiler was. Is Lynch has a great camp and preseason then Mark will be on a short leash.

Marks got some seasons under his belt and experience so all he has to do is manage the game. No one is expecting him to play like a pro bowler. Just let the defense do what they do and offense not turn it over. I see us still winning the division and a 10 win team.

Our offense can't be any worse than last year right?

Simple Jaded
07-24-2016, 03:57 PM
Sanchez needs to play well enough to get Broncos another Comp pick, that's what needs to happen.

TXBRONC
07-24-2016, 06:58 PM
I feel the same. He's an unknown, much like Osweiler was. Is Lynch has a great camp and preseason then Mark will be on a short leash.

Marks got some seasons under his belt and experience so all he has to do is manage the game. No one is expecting him to play like a pro bowler. Just let the defense do what they do and offense not turn it over. I see us still winning the division and a 10 win team.

Our offense can't be any worse than last year right?

If Lynch that good of camp he'll be the starter right away. Again I do not expect it but you never know.

NightTerror218
07-24-2016, 09:56 PM
Lynch will have to straight up the job though, nit get it because he is a 1st round pick. I hope he can pull a Russel Wison and just win the job and run away with it.

Joel
07-25-2016, 12:21 AM
Translation requested.
The team usually understands Kubiaks decisions, and trusts even those they don't understand. That instantly makes them smarter than all the people who spent our first championship season in nearly two decades constantly complaining about how Kubiak was dooming us. Fortunately, a Lombardi with its "new car smell" still intact removes a lot of the sting of being badly mistaken.

Simple Jaded
07-25-2016, 12:53 AM
The team usually understands Kubiaks decisions, and trusts even those they don't understand. That instantly makes them smarter than all the people who spent our first championship season in nearly two decades constantly complaining about how Kubiak was dooming us. Fortunately, a Lombardi with its "new car smell" still intact removes a lot of the sting of being badly mistaken.

Enjoy it while it lasts, I think the over/under on "We're screwed" is Week 3 when the run on first down one too many times. People think they know play calling, it's only a matter of time.

Wait til Denver has that game with more run that pass and this place'll lose its collective shit.

Simple Jaded
07-25-2016, 12:56 AM
"Kubiak didnt win shit, it was all Wade Phillips".

Joel
07-25-2016, 02:40 AM
Wait til Denver has that game with more run that pass and this place'll lose its collective shit.
Well, I spent years saying something similar about a completely different event, and take considerable satisfaction in knowing that 1) we can NEVER know if I was right and 2) the coaches I wanted from the start are THE reason why. Remember when I said Manning should go to Houston because they were a great team just one decent QB away from a championship, which would eventually get Kubiak and Co. fired? All worked out in the end; just too bad for my hometown. :(

TXBRONC
07-25-2016, 08:57 AM
Well, I spent years saying something similar about a completely different event, and take considerable satisfaction in knowing that 1) we can NEVER know if I was right and 2) the coaches I wanted from the start are THE reason why. Remember when I said Manning should go to Houston because they were a great team just one decent QB away from a championship, which would eventually get Kubiak and Co. fired? All worked out in the end; just too bad for my hometown. :(

The Houston wasn't great. They had some very good players overall they weren't a Super Bowl contender.

NightTerror218
07-25-2016, 09:14 AM
Houston under kubiak had closer to 50:50 pass to run ration. Look at 2012 when they were 12-4. 544 passes to 508 rushing attempts.

I expect to see the same balance here and not more runs then passes unless our running game is carving Someone up.

Simple Jaded
07-25-2016, 07:28 PM

You were saying he should go to Houston because you're gay for Tebow and have since been proven 100% wrong.

Suck it WORLD!

Joel
07-26-2016, 03:35 AM
The Houston wasn't great. They had some very good players overall they weren't a Super Bowl contender.
C'mon: With a 5th round rookie QB they STILL made the playoffs for the first time EVER, and got within a game of the AFCCG. They had Andre Johnson, Arian Foster and Owen Daniels in their prime, before their bodies got beat to Hell trying to carry Schaub to a SB. Duane Brown's STILL a top 5 LT, and Chris Myers was a stud C then, too. All they lacked were a secondary and QB, but Wade fixed the first when he took them from second worst to second BEST D in a SINGLE season.

None of that could fix Schaub though, and McNair was all in with that bum. Again, ROOKIE TJ Yates won Houston as many playoff games as Schaub; with a franchise QB worthy of the name, that team would've been not only a SB contender, but a FAVORITE. And in the midst of all that their leading division rival releases the GoAT, but McNair keeps riding with Schaub (but lets Kubiak sign Keenum as an UDFA.)

So Manning goes to a couple more SBs, retiring after Kubiak and Wade help him win his second, while Houston goes into a tailspin, still riding QB carousel four years later. I'd call it justice, but Houston doesn't deserve that after what Bud Adams put them through when Wades dad was leading them to consecutive AFCCGs despite sharing a division with the Steelers dynasty. McNair TOTALLY deserves it though.

Joel
07-26-2016, 03:39 AM
You were saying he should go to Houston because you're gay for Tebow and have since been proven 100% wrong.

Suck it WORLD!
Nothing's gayer than LITERALLY OFFERING YOUR PENIS TO THE WHOLE PLANET. Not that there's—nah, that's kinda slutty, dude. :(

Simple Jaded
07-26-2016, 06:40 AM
Don't care.

Valar Morghulis
07-26-2016, 06:58 AM
Don't care.

Neither do I, Chuck it my way!

Simple Jaded
07-26-2016, 10:32 PM
Neither do I, Chuck it my way!

Suck it WORLD!

DenBronx
07-27-2016, 03:07 PM
Nick Foles anyone? He was just released by the Rams. Imo, he is better than Sanchez.

TXBRONC
07-27-2016, 03:21 PM
Nick Foles anyone? He was just released by the Rams. Imo, he is better than Sanchez.

I don't think he is Den. That aside, Denver has three quarterbacks in camp there is no reason to bring him in.