PDA

View Full Version : Who Stays? Who Goes?

Traveler
07-15-2016, 01:40 PM
Now that Von is back in the fold the team has more decisions to make for next year.

The following are the "name" FA's for 2017 and possible free agent loss, re-signings, cut, release, and retirement:

Demarcus Ware- Retirement after the season
Emmanuel Sanders- Re-sign (hopefully)
Mark Sanchez- FA Loss in 2017
Darian Stewart- FA Loss in 2017
Sylvester Williams- FA Loss in 2017
Kayvon Webster- FA loss in 2017
Ronnie Hillman- FA Loss in 2017
Vance Walker- FA Loss in 2017
Phil Taylor- Re-sign
Jordan Norwood- Cut this year
Britton Colquitt- Cut this year

Agree or disagree?

Northman
07-15-2016, 01:42 PM
Sanders may not be back this year but i agree with everything else.

Krugan
07-15-2016, 01:43 PM
some names on there, like sly, that will almost need to be brought back. Only so many Dline players out there.

I dont even want to think about next year, ughhh.

Ravage!!!
07-15-2016, 01:43 PM
Sanders may not be back this year but i agree with everything else.

isn't Sanders under contract this year?

Northman
07-15-2016, 01:49 PM
isn't Sanders under contract this year?

Not sure.

Timmy!
07-15-2016, 01:51 PM
Not sure.

He is. But is an FA in 2017 and has said he will leave in FA if the Broncos don't get an extension done by then.

BigDaddyBronco
07-15-2016, 02:01 PM
My guess is Sly and maybe even Sanchez are back. Sanders, I doubt it. If Sanchez plays decently and Lynch isn't ready it would be likely that he would be back.

Ravage!!!
07-15-2016, 02:05 PM
My guess is Sly and maybe even Sanchez are back. Sanders, I doubt it. If Sanchez plays decently and Lynch isn't ready it would be likely that he would be back.

Obviously depends on if he (Sanchez) finishes this season or not.

Ravage!!!
07-15-2016, 02:05 PM
He is. But is an FA in 2017 and has said he will leave in FA if the Broncos don't get an extension done by then.

Easily said until he actually sees the offers.

Northman
07-15-2016, 02:07 PM

Easily said until he actually sees the offers.

Thats what im wondering. If he is asking for the extension is he expecting something done this year or is he going to wait until next season is over?

Ravage!!!
07-15-2016, 02:09 PM
Thats what im wondering. If he is asking for the extension is he expecting something done this year or is he going to wait until next season is over?

If he's truly asking 12 million, then there wouldn't be any point in the Broncos signing him now and wait to see what FA brings.

VonDoom
07-15-2016, 02:19 PM
By the way, according to OTC, we have committed $106 million to the 2017 cap before the Von deal. Add another $20 or so to that and it should leave us with about $30-40 million in space before we do anything else.

On the other hand, the Chiefs, for example, already have $161 million committed to 2017's cap, and that doesn't include Berry (who is tagged and apparently won't be getting a long term deal) or Dontari Poe (our future NT?).

underrated29
07-15-2016, 02:32 PM
Now that Von is back in the fold the team has more decisions to make for next year.

The following are the "name" FA's for 2017 and possible free agent loss, re-signings, cut, release, and retirement:

Phil Taylor- Re-sign

Agree or disagree?

Keep Kayvon. He'll be back and cheap.
I Imagine Talib may be asked to restructure or be gone, depending on how Taureen nixon and Kayvon, etc do as 3/4th db. Id personally like to see Talib stay. I like he and his play a lot!

wayninja
07-15-2016, 02:57 PM
Hillman is going to rush for 2k yards. Mark my words.

Ok, fine, but maybe he won't fumble as much?

Either way, all of our losses will be blamed on him.

GEM
07-15-2016, 02:59 PM
How old is Stewart? Who is behind him? On that list, it appears he and Sanders would be the biggest losses.

turftoad
07-15-2016, 03:12 PM

That's a lot of yards for a beast of a fullback.

Timmy!

He basically said if he hits FA he is gone, and he will be. Some team (several really) will give him the 12mil a year he wants. Its all in the Sanders thread.

VonDoom
How old is Stewart? Who is behind him? On that list, it appears he and Sanders would be the biggest losses.

He's 27, and a bargain so far. I suspect they want to see how Simmons plays this year to see if he's ready to take over. Stewart probably won't be as cheap to re-sign, now that he's got that ring.

Valar Morghulis
07-15-2016, 03:31 PM
If Stewart stays injury free and performs again, I would hope we pay for his services

GEM
07-15-2016, 03:47 PM
If Stewart stays injury free and performs again, I would hope we pay for his services

He's like the silent force of the no fly zone. Not a lot said about him, quiet, but gets the job done. I really like him a lot.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-15-2016, 04:07 PM

Only if he fumbles a pitch and then becomes a spectator.

#footballiq

TXBRONC
07-15-2016, 04:23 PM

Phil Taylor- Re-sign

Agree or disagree?

Agree for the most part. I think Webster could be re-signed as well as Emmanuel Sanders.

Simple Jaded
07-15-2016, 07:17 PM
Demarcus Ware- Resign to same one-year-deal
Emmanuel Sanders- Can't keep, will be a 2018 compensatory pick.
Darian Stewart- Another '18 comp pick.
Sylvester Williams- Kept on realistic short term deal.
Kayvon Webster- Short term deal.
Ronnie Hillman- Gone in final 2017 cuts.
Phil Taylor- Keep on Vance Walker kind of deal.
Britton Colquitt- Cut tomorrow morning.

TXBRONC
07-15-2016, 08:13 PM
That's a lot of yards for a beast of a fullback.

That is way to many yards to be sure but on the other hand, he should have five or six short yardage touchdowns.

BroncoBuckeye73
07-15-2016, 08:56 PM
Webster and Sanders will be resigned, Hillman could be cut this season as we drafted Booker, the interesting one to me is the D-linemen. What is Taylor looks like the first round pick he was in Cleveland this season and we slide Sly to end rotate with Gotsis and Walker and slides to nose on passing downs and we have an incredible three man D-Line plus Kilgo. Then it gets interesting but as right now you have to get Sly signed sometime this year to a nice team friendly deal like Wolfe and go from there as they form a pretty good tandem as of right now. If the Taylor part plays out then we will have a tough decision but as it stands now resigning Sly makes good sense if it is done right.

TXBRONC
07-15-2016, 09:11 PM
Webster and Sanders will be resigned, Hillman could be cut this season as we drafted Booker, the interesting one to me is the D-linemen. What is Taylor looks like the first round pick he was in Cleveland this season and we slide Sly to end rotate with Gotsis and Walker and slides to nose on passing downs and we have an incredible three man D-Line plus Kilgo. Then it gets interesting but as right now you have to get Sly signed sometime this year to a nice team friendly deal like Wolfe and go from there as they form a pretty good tandem as of right now. If the Taylor part plays out then we will have a tough decision but as it stands now resigning Sly makes good sense if it is done right.

Apparently, Taylor hasn't looked like a first round pick. He's big but that doesn't mean he's anything more than bit player. I don't think they brought him in so that they can move Williams to defensive end.

Simple Jaded
07-15-2016, 09:15 PM
Taylor is the run stopper, has to beat out Kilgo.

MOtorboat
07-15-2016, 11:06 PM
Frankly, Elway has been a little unpredictable on which players he lets walk and which players he re-signs, or goes after. He hasn't re-signed a ton, either, although more in the last two years. It will be interesting again to see who he keeps and who goes.

TXBRONC
07-16-2016, 07:57 AM
Taylor is the run stopper, has to beat out Kilgo.

We'll see.

Slick
07-16-2016, 09:42 AM
I'll be surprised if Taylor makes the team this year. His knees are shot.

pnbronco
07-16-2016, 10:30 AM

Me too....he was the gem that we got last season. He doesn't make a lot of noise but man he does his job and very well.

Cugel
07-16-2016, 12:40 PM
If he's truly asking 12 million, then there wouldn't be any point in the Broncos signing him now and wait to see what FA brings.

Emannuel Sanders plays a dependent position for a team that wants to run the ball more and is already paying D.T. $15M a year. He ain't getting $12 M a year from the Broncos. That much is sure.

It's too bad to see him go next year, but this team cannot pay its starting WRs $25 M combined a year. That's just absurd.

Cugel
07-16-2016, 12:41 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post

Darien Stewart is no doubt the most underrated Bronco. It would be great to see him back, but again it depends on how much $ he expects. He could be priced right out of the market like Malik Jackson was.

Simple Jaded
07-16-2016, 03:46 PM
We'll see.

Kilgo has PS eligibility so if all thing equal maybe they could stash him away and be 3-deep at NT.