PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak and Elway: A long and unique friendship

Denver Native (Carol)
06-30-2016, 01:08 PM
Andrea Kremer sits down with EVP/GM John Elway and Head Coach Gary Kubiak to talk about the evolution of their relationship.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Kubiak-and-Elway-A-long-and-unique-friendship/695db2b4-648f-4b3b-920a-af76c3daf626

Northman
06-30-2016, 01:11 PM
Good article. Missy and i spent the other night watching the history of the Broncos. She was pretty lit from the beer we were drinking and got super excited showing the clip of Kubiak holding the ball for Karlos to win the game with "The Drive" in it. lol

BroncoJoe
06-30-2016, 02:32 PM
Andrea Kremer sits down with EVP/GM John Elway and Head Coach Gary Kubiak to talk about the evolution of their relationship.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Kubiak-and-Elway-A-long-and-unique-friendship/695db2b4-648f-4b3b-920a-af76c3daf626

Pretty cool how their friendship has lasted so very long - through good times and bad. Awesome video.

The Glue Factory
06-30-2016, 02:32 PM
Good article. Missy and i spent the other night watching the history of the Broncos. She was pretty lit from the beer we were drinking and got super excited showing the clip of Kubiak holding the ball for Karlos to win the game with "The Drive" in it. lol

That's KarlIs there bub. What kind of fan are you; the one with the logo at the wrong angle? Karlis was the most accurate kicker in NFL history. He could hit the upright from over 50 yards out multiple times a year!

Northman
06-30-2016, 02:44 PM
That's KarlIs there bub. What kind of fan are you; the one with the logo at the wrong angle? Karlis was the most accurate kicker in NFL history. He could hit the upright from over 50 yards out multiple times a year!

Oh he can hit an upright alright. Both sides of it.

GEM
06-30-2016, 03:33 PM
Loved that!!! :D

BroncoJoe
06-30-2016, 03:37 PM
Loved that!!! :D

I don't know if we've seen (in modern times) a relationship quite like these two before in the NFL. It's hard to believe it won't be special for many, many years. They're on the same page.

spikerman
06-30-2016, 09:34 PM
I wonder what happens when Elway inevitably has to let Kubiak go. It may be years down the road, but almost all coaches are hired to be fired.

Simple Jaded
06-30-2016, 10:26 PM
I wonder what happens when Elway inevitably has to let Kubiak go. It may be years down the road, but almost all coaches are hired to be fired.

We're screwed! :D

The Glue Factory
07-01-2016, 08:57 AM
We're screwed! :D

Not at all! Elway finds us the next coach to bring home Lombardi's.

From the moment Fox was hired I said he'd be here 3 to 5 years, rebuild the locker-room and dumped for the coach that would get us a Lombardi. Sadly, my prediction wasn't on the forums as I was absent from the boards during that time.

Simple Jaded
07-02-2016, 05:47 PM
I think Maggie Simpson has had some work done.