PDA

View Full Version : Broncos announcer going to Vikings

Denver Native (Carol)
06-28-2016, 11:05 AM
DENVER - The voice of the Broncos won't sound the same in 2016. Longtime public address announcer Alan Roach is leaving for Minnesota.

In a blog post, Roach writes he was born a Viking fan, and will return to his roots after 16 seasons in Denver.

"Win or lose, the thrill of announcing a game at Mile High has always been special. The unequalled exuberance of Bronco’s Nation has made my job intoxicating," he said.

He thanked fans and called himself the luckiest announcer in football. Roach said the opportunity to announce in Minnesota came up over the summer. He couldn't resist the draw.

The Vikings say Roach has a booming voice that will fit in well at their stadium.

Before Roach was Alan Cass, who left his post in 2007 when he contracted West Nile Virus.

Roach has announced for several local teams and worked on four Winter Olympics. He'll stay on with the Colorado Avalanche and Colorado Rapids.

Read his full statement below.

rest - http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/denver-broncos-pa-announcer-alan-roach-leaving-minnesota-vikings/257419240

Denver Native (Carol)
06-28-2016, 11:07 AM
Not sure how he can stay on with the Avs, as football is still going when hockey starts.

olathebroncofan
06-28-2016, 12:38 PM
Maybe he can telecommute.

Joel
06-28-2016, 02:43 PM
I'm reliably informed that being born a Vikings fan proves he was never a "real" Broncos fan in the first place. :tongue:

Buff
06-28-2016, 03:07 PM
Hope they get someone good - he's been an under-appreciated part of the gameday experience.

The Glue Factory
06-28-2016, 04:42 PM
Hope they get someone good - he's been an under-appreciated part of the gameday experience.

Glad I was able to experience a classic Broncos beatdown of the Faiders with my son before he left.

BroncoJoe
06-28-2016, 05:01 PM
I think I might apply for the position. I have a deep voice, and love saying "And the pass is...."

IIRC, this guy didn't want to do that when he first signed on.

The Glue Factory
06-29-2016, 09:42 AM
I think I might apply for the position. I have a deep voice, and love saying "And the pass is...."

IIRC, this guy didn't want to do that when he first signed on.

I miss the "wah, wah, waaaaahhh" after an incomplete on third down.