PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos nominated for 2016 ESPYS

Denver Native (Carol)
06-23-2016, 01:55 PM
The Denver Broncos may need to clear out a little more space next to this year’s Lombardi Trophy.

After defeating the Carolina Panthers, 24-10, in Super Bowl 50, the Broncos were selected as one of the “Best Team” nominees for the upcoming ESPY Awards.

To win the award, the Broncos will have to beat out the Cleveland Cavaliers, Pittsburgh Penguins, Kansas City Royals, Alabama Crimson Tide, UConn Huskies and Villanova Wildcats.

Peyton Manning, Demaryius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, DeMarcus Ware and Von Miller are among those who will represent the Broncos at Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.

Miller also received an individual nomination for “Best championship performance.” He’ll square off against USWNT’s Carli Lloyd, Pittsburgh’s Sidney Crosby and Cleveland’s LeBron James.

WWE superstar John Cena will host the 2016 ESPYS, which will be held Wednesday, July 13.

rest - on the link you can click on "vote here" - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Denver-Broncos-nominated-for-2016-ESPYS/f907605b-ca4d-4659-a4ae-4160360a2b83

Denver Native (Carol)
06-23-2016, 02:00 PM
Von is in the Best Championship Performance, and the Broncos are one of the teams in Best Team

NightTrainLayne
06-23-2016, 02:55 PM
I don't know how anyone could beat out Von for best Championship performance. Lebron has a case, but for Von to do what he did from the defensive side of the ball was extraordinary.

BroncoWave
06-23-2016, 08:07 PM
I don't know how anyone could beat out Von for best Championship performance. Lebron has a case, but for Von to do what he did from the defensive side of the ball was extraordinary.

I don't know. What LeBron did has never been done in NBA history, leading a series in all 5 major stats. Not to mention leading his team to the first ever comeback from 3-1 in the finals. And not that this should factor into it, but he is also fresher on everyone's mind as they go to vote. I would be stunned if LeBron doesn't win it, unless the "anti-LeBron" sentiment is still strong enough to push voters to other players.

Most years Von would be a lock for this one with what he did in the Super Bowl, but what LeBron just did was historic. I love Von and hope he wins it, but if I'm being objective, I feel like LeBron is a little more deserving.

As for Best Team, I don't think there is a prayer we win that one. Nationally, we seem to be viewed as kind of a fluky champion.

Magnificent Seven
06-23-2016, 09:52 PM
ESPYS Awards show will make Elway to offer more money to Von Miller. He will realize how good Von is.

VonDoom
06-24-2016, 10:17 AM
ESPYS Awards show will make Elway to offer more money to Von Miller. He will realize how good Von is.

You think watching the ESPY's will make Elway realize that Von is good?

Ravage!!!
06-24-2016, 10:52 AM

As much as I wo uld love to see Von win it (obviously).... LeBron was the #1 in EVERY SINGLE significant stat for both teams, and completed a championship after being down 1-3..first in history, was phenomenal. We might win best team, but I think it's a slam dunk (pun intended) that Lebron wins the individual.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-24-2016, 11:05 AM

I am quite sure that John knows exactly how good Von is. Maybe someone can send John money tree seeds, so he can plant them at Dove Valley. Of course, it would have to be the super quick growing kind.

SoCalImport
06-26-2016, 05:03 AM
"The Denver Broncos may need to clear out a little more space next to this year’s Lombardi Trophy."

does an ESPy award even belong within eyeshot of the Lombardi trophy? More like, they may need to clear some space above the toilet in the lobby at Dove Valley.

FanInAZ
06-27-2016, 05:09 AM
I haven't followed any of those other sports this year, but I honestly believe that 1 of the other champions of their respective league has to be more deserving of winning this reward due to how bad our O was all season long. Surly one of the other teams had to have been outstanding at both O & D.

Ravage!!!
06-28-2016, 09:56 AM
I haven't followed any of those other sports this year, but I honestly believe that 1 of the other champions of their respective league has to be more deserving of winning this reward due to how bad our O was all season long. Surly one of the other teams had to have been outstanding at both O & D.

True...but our D did beat 2 HoF QBs and the NFL's MVP to take home the Championship. I don't think the '85 Bears offense was anything special, and the 2000 Ravens offense was terrible. But who cares? People still compare others to THOSE teams.