PDA

View Full Version : Picking on player from each team who would make a great HC

Northman
06-22-2016, 02:38 PM
Not sure how to really take this or even sure how serious they took. But King, good thing you switched teams because Burfict as a HC would be hilarious as he would get suspended or kicked out of games for punching coaches, players, or refs everytime he lost his shit. lol

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x160621/picking-future-coaches-all-32-nfl-rosters-cincinnati-bengals-vontaze-burfict-dallas-cowboys-jason-witten

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nfl/500/den.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=trueDenver Broncos (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/den/denver-broncos)

Cornerback Chris Harris Jr (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14398/chris-harris-jr).

When Peyton Manning roamed the Broncos' locker room, the feeling was that he could be a coach at that moment. A demanding, unrelenting coach, but his teammates always considered him a rare resource who could lead a team. The current locker room doesn't feature a slam-dunk, unanimous choice, but Harris was mentioned by several teammates as having at least the temperament, knowledge of the game and ability to relate to people needed to be a head coach. Harris is a player who came the long way to be among the league's elite at his position, and several teammates say he understands people. -- Jeff Legwold

Poet
06-22-2016, 02:40 PM
Burfict as a head coach is....

GO BRONCOS!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-22-2016, 02:47 PM

GO BRONCOS!

Mike Tomlin

Northman
06-22-2016, 02:55 PM
Mike Tomlin

Is this a black thing?

FanInAZ
06-22-2016, 03:17 PM

GO BRONCOS!

Didn't he get a 15 yard penalty to keep the Steelers' game winning drive alive last January?

Poet
06-22-2016, 09:08 PM
It is the current policy of Von Kinger to no longer comment on any sports team that plays in Cincinnati.

Joel
06-23-2016, 02:31 AM
Interesting comment on Harris, because it's long seemed to me that he picked up a lot of Champs quiet and selfless style: Same commitment to COVERAGE and SURE tackling (never hesitating to stick his head in there on runs) rather than giving up TDs going for picks, or trying to hard to blow up guys that he whiffs on them instead. Champ had a lot more recovery speed to bait QBs into those Ints, but otherwise it's very similar: If your name's never called all game, you had a good game, and if Champ or Harris get a hand on you, you're going DOWN, whether shifty #1 WR or bruising FB.

That's one reason I'm glad we re-signed Harris to a long deal: It's a safe bet Champ learned a lot from starting his career opposite Darrell Green and Harris did the same starting his with Champ, so I'd like to see the lessons of those two HoFers passed along to guys like Roby and Webster. I realize Champ hasn't retreated to his Fortress of Solitude, but being on the same field and in the same huddle every play of every practice and game is huge.

I don't know if Harris could be an effective game planner and schemer, nor whether he could coach other positions than his own. It's fun to think about though.

Simple Jaded
06-25-2016, 01:56 AM
Aqib Talib.

Joel
06-25-2016, 08:43 AM
Aqib Talib.
My bad: I thought we were talking NFL coaches, not UFC.

DeMarcus Ware is another good candidate; tough, experienced, knows his job, knows how it and all the other jobs work together in the big picture, leader of men. But he's never tried to gouge out someones eye, decapitate anyone nor shot himself with his own gun at a strip club, so maybe his toughness is in question. ;)

Simple Jaded
06-25-2016, 02:47 PM
No, I'm talking about real life football, not a ******* Disney movie.

Hey Joel, does it bother you that the Broncos lockerroom (including Harris) thinks you're full of Polyanna shit about Talib? I mean, not that the lockerroom matters for a HC, or anything.

Poet
06-25-2016, 02:53 PM
The thought of Aqib Talib giving a halftime speech when the team is down gets me hype. I have no idea as to what type of coach he would actually be, but I love Aqib Talib.

Ravage!!!
06-25-2016, 02:56 PM
The thought of Aqib Talib giving a halftime speech when the team is down gets me hype. I have no idea as to what type of coach he would actually be, but I love Aqib Talib.

I'm not sure people could understand him enough for him to give a speech. I personally think Auib is a thu douche, but I like what he does for the Broncos...so I don't care.

Poet
06-25-2016, 02:56 PM
I'm not sure people could understand him enough for him to give a speech. I personally think Auib is a thu douche, but I like what he does for the Broncos...so I don't care.

We were getting along so well...dammit...Ravage....DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!

YOU SORRY!

Simple Jaded
06-25-2016, 02:57 PM

From what I hear from beat writers is that Talib and Ward are the "soundtrack" of that team on gameday and that Talib is a huge "film guy" during the week.

Ravage!!!
06-25-2016, 02:58 PM
We were getting along so well...dammit...Ravage....DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!

YOU SORRY!

:lol: I don't like to get too close... I always sabetage..... or something like that.... I forgot what my fiance' said.

Poet
06-25-2016, 03:00 PM
1. Talib and Von Miller helped to bring me to the Broncos, next to this board of course.

2. There are some dudes who are brilliant in certain fields and otherwise average elsewhere. I have no idea how smart Talib is, but for all I know he could be great at math and football knowledge...or he could be dumb as a box of rocks and be a football savant.

3. Talib gave the greatest quote I've heard in years.

4. That woman is a saint.

Ravage!!!
06-25-2016, 03:02 PM
1. Talib and Von Miller helped to bring me to the Broncos, next to this board of course.

2. There are some dudes who are brilliant in certain fields and otherwise average elsewhere. I have no idea how smart Talib is, but for all I know he could be great at math and football knowledge...or he could be dumb as a box of rocks and be a football savant.

3. Talib gave the greatest quote I've heard in years.

4. That woman is a saint.

what quote??

(4)... you have no idea.

Poet
06-25-2016, 03:06 PM
what quote??

(4)... you have no idea.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/1/24/10825088/aqib-talib-broncos-chiefs-trash-talk-super-bowl-afc-championship

"We ain't look at nothing the Chiefs did — they got served," Talib said, via The Kansas City Star. "The Chiefs ain't help us do nothing. They sorry."

I heard that shit and go so hype I fought a tree.

Northman
06-25-2016, 03:09 PM
Chiefs suck.

Ravage!!!
06-25-2016, 03:17 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/1/24/10825088/aqib-talib-broncos-chiefs-trash-talk-super-bowl-afc-championship

"We ain't look at nothing the Chiefs did — they got served," Talib said, via The Kansas City Star. "The Chiefs ain't help us do nothing. They sorry."

see..I value the English language too much. That just makes me cringe to read.

Poet
06-25-2016, 03:32 PM
see..I value the English language too much. That just makes me cringe to read.

There are many ways of expressing one's opinion in the use of language. I much prefer Talibs' to "We have not observed the tactics of Kansas City as they were the recipients of a vigorous and spirited trouncing at the hands of the Patriots. This aforementioned butchering rendered the tactics of the Kansas City to be unusable and as such Kansas City is unable to assist us. Furthermore, this legendary and unforgettable loss that the Chiefs have endured is so severe that they are pathetic beyond description."

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-25-2016, 03:47 PM

WhIle involved in the business I read this and laughed, which assisted in peristalsis.

Ravage!!!
06-25-2016, 04:27 PM
There are many ways of expressing one's opinion in the use of language. I much prefer Talibs' to "We have not observed the tactics of Kansas City as they were the recipients of a vigorous and spirited trouncing at the hands of the Patriots. This aforementioned butchering rendered the tactics of the Kansas City to be unusable and as such Kansas City is unable to assist us. Furthermore, this legendary and unforgettable loss that the Chiefs have endured is so severe that they are pathetic beyond description."

How about something as simple as "We don't look at what the chiefs did or didn't do. They got served. The Chiefs didn't help us."

I mean, I don't even mind if there is some more slang mixed in, but his english skills hurt my ears (and eyes in this case). I know I'm kinda an "english snob".. I can't help it.

Poet
06-25-2016, 04:32 PM
How about something as simple as "We don't look at what the chiefs did or didn't do. They got served. The Chiefs didn't help us."

I mean, I don't even mind if there is some more slang mixed in, but his english skills hurt my ears (and eyes in this case). I know I'm kinda an "english snob".. I can't help it.

I'm an award winning writer and I love that shit. Express yourself boys and girls! Do it with whatever style you want.

Ravage!!!
06-25-2016, 04:37 PM
I'm an award winning writer and I love that shit. Express yourself boys and girls! Do it with whatever style you want.

Which is why I enjoy reading your posts...because you express yourself so well. I remember watching as story on Lester Hayes.. .the great Oakland Corner. He said that he didn't realize just how hard he was to understand until he saw himself in an interview on TV. It was then, that he went out and took courses and educated himself to become a better speaker. I really respected him for doing that. How you express yourself is so important. It's how you are viewed and gives off that very important impression of yourself.

DenBronx
06-25-2016, 05:24 PM
Derek Wolfe would be an intimidating HC. OMG the rookies would piss their pants in fear of him eating them. D-Ware has always been a true leader, I could see him being HC or at least DC.

But it's Peyton Manning all the way for him. I think he's one of those rare players that will actually become a great HC too. Can't wait to see him on the field coaching someday.

BroncoWave
06-25-2016, 05:28 PM
Derek Wolfe would be an intimidating HC. OMG the rookies would piss their pants in fear of him eating them. D-Ware has always been a true leader, I could see him being HC or at least DC.

But it's Peyton Manning all the way for him. I think he's one of those rare players that will actually become a great HC too. Can't wait to see him on the field coaching someday.

It's been reported pretty extensively from those close to Peyton that he would rather run a team like Elway one day than be a coach.

DenBronx
06-25-2016, 05:37 PM

It's been reported pretty extensively from those close to Peyton that he would rather run a team like Elway one day than be a coach.

It would be a waste of a good mind of football. He could be the first owner/coach? Or has that already happened?

Poet
06-25-2016, 05:38 PM
It would be a waste of a good mind of football. He could be the first owner/coach? Or has that already happened?

Halas from Chicago is the first.

DenBronx
06-25-2016, 06:14 PM

Halas from Chicago is the first.

Owner/player/coach?

Poet
06-25-2016, 06:17 PM
Owner/player/coach?

Halas did play pro football.

MOtorboat
06-25-2016, 06:45 PM

My money is on the tree.

Poet
06-25-2016, 07:15 PM
My money is on the tree.

Man, you always gotta run me down.

Joel
06-26-2016, 04:04 AM
Owner/player/coach?
Yah, that was the norm when most teams struggled on a weekly basis to even make payroll. That's why the NFL officially uses win percentage rather than wins or losses: Because teams routinely scrounged up ad hoc semi-pro teams to sell a few more home tickets and stay in the black. A lot of shady shenanigans went on back then; if memory serves, Halas was the reason they finally fixed the length of the season: Because he added a couple cream puffs at the end of one season so he finished with a better win percentage than the rightful champions. Next time he tried that the rest of the league said, "NO, the season's OVER!" Then a few years later the inevitable happened: The two top teams finished with the same record, so they had to have a playoff.

THAT changed a LOT of things (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1932_NFL_Playoff_Game) (including the recent ban on "postseason" games.) It's where we got hashmarks, goal posts on the goal line instead of the end line and legal passes from anywhere behind the line of scrimmage instead of FIVE YARDS behind the line.