PDA

View Full Version : Help von k find a soccer team thread

Valar Morghulis
06-12-2016, 02:15 AM
Here is a place to assist our good friend von kinger find a suitable EPL to follow.

I am a spurs fan. This year I will also look out for man United because of mourinho.

I picked spurs because I moved to England from Scotland when I was 18 and did not want to pick a big cliche team, I also liked the style of football they played... Think 2013 Broncos, with an even worse defence... It was always entertaining.

Teams sorta choose you...(cliff notes) .I found myself in a London pub once and someone started a fight with me, but a spurs fan intervened and since then I guess they imprinted on me.

MOtorboat
06-12-2016, 02:20 AM
Do you know which way to the gun show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FteYrQZE8G0

Valar Morghulis
06-12-2016, 02:22 AM
Do you know which way to the gun show? YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FteYrQZE8G0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FteYrQZE8G0)

Man city are a good shout, I considered them about 20 years ago just because of the oasis connection.... But something about them just did not feel right for me

Valar Morghulis
06-12-2016, 02:23 AM
What you looking for von k

Jersey style
History
Style of play
Etc etc

Poet
06-12-2016, 02:25 AM
Manchester United - I like Ryan Giggs a lot but he is retired and is an assistant coach. Moderate influence. My dad didn't care much about the EPL, but when he came back from a conference in the UK he brought back a Man U hate for me that I still have. Fairly decent influence.

Chelsea - I love the uniforms and it would be nice to root for a team with history.

Liverpool - The slogan "You'll never walk alone," resonates with me; this is the only thing I like about the club sans the jerseys.

Ultimately I want a team that will put on loads of offense and will be aggressive and brutally ruthless. I want to see highly skilled technicians. I want to see the beauty in the beautiful game.

MOtorboat
06-12-2016, 02:35 AM

Poet
06-12-2016, 02:43 AM
The goal at 2:07 was redonkulous.

Dapper Dan
06-12-2016, 02:45 AM
Manchester United - I like Ryan Giggs a lot but he is retired and is an assistant coach. Moderate influence. My dad didn't care much about the EPL, but when he came back from a conference in the UK he brought back a Man U hate for me that I still have. Fairly decent influence.

Chelsea - I love the uniforms and it would be nice to root for a team with history.

Liverpool - The slogan "You'll never walk alone," resonates with me; this is the only thing I like about the club sans the jerseys.

Ultimately I want a team that will put on loads of offense and will be aggressive and brutally ruthless. I want to see highly skilled technicians. I want to see the beauty in the beautiful game.

I like Chelsea uniforms too.

I've been trying to keep up with the Columbus Crew and maybe FC Cincinnati. The closest women's team might be in DC, which is pretty damn far.

MOtorboat
06-12-2016, 02:54 AM
The goal at 2:07 was redonkulous.

Pep/Bruyne 2016.

Vote early. Vote often.

Poet
06-12-2016, 03:26 AM
It's coming down to the Manchester's I think...but Arsenal is in the mix now.

Valar Morghulis
06-12-2016, 03:50 AM

Both are solid shouts.

Slick
06-12-2016, 08:20 AM

If you had only seen the Invincibles. The choice would be easy.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w309/slickdonkey7/Mobile%20Uploads/images_zpsgnbyvgqi.jpg (http://s179.photobucket.com/user/slickdonkey7/media/Mobile%20Uploads/images_zpsgnbyvgqi.jpg.html)

Northman
06-12-2016, 08:23 AM
This is all you need VK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ_oh78fdhc

Slick
06-12-2016, 09:05 AM
tGzI38BF-FI

Exhibit A if it pleases the court.

aberdien
06-12-2016, 11:41 AM

Based on your description, I would go with Man City, even though they are a total bangwagoner team.

However, if I were you I would pick Man United out of those options.

slim
06-12-2016, 11:43 AM
He should wait to see who wins the championship this year and then decide.

As a fallback, maybe consider the team that won the championship last year.

aberdien
06-12-2016, 12:00 PM
The Championship is a second-tier league in English Football. Get your shit together slim.

Valar Morghulis
06-12-2016, 01:07 PM
man united looks to be the most logical pick for you.

Poet
06-12-2016, 01:09 PM
I am officially united with men....mmmmmm

Dapper Dan
06-12-2016, 01:10 PM

I'm with Chelsea.

aberdien
06-12-2016, 01:12 PM
I expected better of you, Dapper Dan.

Valar Morghulis
06-12-2016, 01:21 PM
I like how you guys are more partisan in your support of soccer clubs than I am, and I grew up amongst the old firm, possibly the most bitter rivalry in all of sports

I say good choices Dan and von k

slim
06-12-2016, 01:22 PM
The Championship is a second-tier league in English Football. Get your shit together slim.

I don't care

MOtorboat
06-12-2016, 01:25 PM

You are now my sworn enemy.

Dapper Dan
06-12-2016, 01:27 PM
I expected better of you, Dapper Dan.

I like those cute blue jerseys. It's like Kentucky blue. I'm surprised Kinger went with Louisville red.

Poet
06-12-2016, 02:32 PM
You are now my sworn enemy.

Not for NFL teams though! :beer:

Slick
06-12-2016, 03:27 PM

I'm with Chelsea.

Booooo!

Poet
06-12-2016, 04:08 PM
I never knew Foreign Football would make me so sad.

Davii
06-13-2016, 11:42 AM
Based on your description, I would go with Man City, even though they are a total bangwagoner team.

However, if I were you I would pick Man United out of those options.

Man City, Man United... It's just all about "Man" with you...

BroncoJoe
06-13-2016, 11:51 AM
Here's a solution:

Don't watch/follow soccer.

:couch:

BigDaddyBronco
06-13-2016, 04:55 PM
Good lord this thread is depressing.

Man City is going to crush everyone next year. Great coach, deep pockets.
Mourinho is going to fail with Man U I bet.
Chelsea could bounce back, depends on what style they pick.
Arsenal will be 3rd or 4th again.
Tottenham will be 4th or 5th again by getting 4 points in the last month.
Liverpool could be fun. Love the coach, good history and fan base. Decent talent on the team, they will be in the running for a top 4.
If Leicester doesn't loose to many guys they will be tough again.

Other teams like West Ham, Southampton, Crystal Palace, are fun to watch. Rooting for a team that moved up can be fun as well.

elsid13
06-13-2016, 08:47 PM
Here's a solution:

Don't watch/follow soccer.

:couch:

You like Bud Light with lime don't you???

Slick
06-15-2016, 12:34 PM
Good lord this thread is depressing.

Man City is going to crush everyone next year. Great coach, deep pockets.
Mourinho is going to fail with Man U I bet.
Chelsea could bounce back, depends on what style they pick.
Arsenal will be 3rd or 4th again.
Tottenham will be 4th or 5th again by getting 4 points in the last month.
Liverpool could be fun. Love the coach, good history and fan base. Decent talent on the team, they will be in the running for a top 4.
If Leicester doesn't loose to many guys they will be tough again.

Other teams like West Ham, Southampton, Crystal Palace, are fun to watch. Rooting for a team that moved up can be fun as well.

Glad to see a Tottenham fan accept the fact that they will finish behind Arsenal even before the season starts. ;)