PDA

View Full Version : Who are the hardest -- and easiest -- running backs to bring down?

Denver Native (Carol)
06-11-2016, 02:58 PM
from article:

Using ESPN Stats & Information's charting, below is a look at the top five and bottom five running backs in average yards after contact in 2015.

Five best

C.J. Anderson: It appeared for a moment that he would be headed to Miami this offseason, but Anderson is back with the Denver Broncos; he averaged 2.22 yards after contact and 4.74 YPC last season. He got off to a slow start, but the Broncos are counting on Anderson to be the guy who heated up in the second half of last season. From Week 7 on, he averaged a league-best 6.35 YPC and 2.78 yards after contact (third).

full article - http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/205458/who-are-the-hardest-and-easiest-running-backs-to-bring-down-2

dogfish
06-11-2016, 03:56 PM
the hardest to bring down is ronnie "bulldozer" hillman. . .

- sincerely, wave

Slick
06-11-2016, 04:10 PM
the hardest to bring down is ronnie "bulldozer" hillman. . .

- sincerely, wave

I was going to do this but I was too lazy.

BroncoWave
06-11-2016, 04:27 PM
You guys are far too easy to rile up! :lol:

Slick
06-11-2016, 04:29 PM
Ain't nobody riled up.

BroncoWave
06-11-2016, 04:30 PM
Ain't nobody riled up.

That Hillman thread was some of my finest work. I still have people talking about it. :D

dogfish
06-11-2016, 06:07 PM
That Hillman thread was some of my finest work. I still have people talking about it. :D

making yourself look particularly dumb was some of your finest work? you should think about that for a minute. . .

;)

TXBRONC
06-11-2016, 06:12 PM
making yourself look particularly dumb was some of your finest work? you should think about that for a minute. . .

;)

:lol:

Joel
06-11-2016, 06:58 PM
One of the biggest things I noticed in rewatching the SB (other than what a great game Stewart played; shame a STUPID penalty cost him a sack) was how much CJ tore up a Top 10 D. Not every touch, but it was the kind of steady and sometimes flashy performance we've needed for a while to take pressure off our QB with a multi-dimensional offense. One reason I really hope Dennison's finally fixed our awful line is that I REALLY want to see what CJ will do if he has.

Joel
06-11-2016, 06:59 PM
People still make Oscar-winning movies about the Titanic, too; doubt the shipwright takes any pride in that though.

underrated29
06-11-2016, 10:48 PM
Didn't read article so I can make my own list off top of my head.

In no order:

AD
Gurley
Leveon
McCoy
Kapri bibbs

(Just kidding, CJ)

5 worst

Hillman
Bishop Sankey
Blount
Tevin Coleman

BroncoWave
06-11-2016, 11:28 PM

;)

I think you underestimate how much of what I post is geared toward getting a reaction out of people like you. I was particularly proud of that thread. :D

Dapper Dan
06-12-2016, 12:18 AM
Gotta catch him first.

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4127770/s35n5.0.gif

dogfish
06-12-2016, 12:45 AM
I think you underestimate how much of what I post is geared toward getting a reaction out of people like you. I was particularly proud of that thread. :D

nah, i understand that quite well-- your M.O. has never been any secret at all. . . you will go out of your way to find a disagreement with someone, even if it means defending a ridiculous position tooth and nail. . .

WHY you find that amusing is the part that no one can figure out. . . WHAT you're doing is as painfully obvious as it is annoying. . .

SoCalImport
06-12-2016, 01:00 AM
"From Week 7 on, he averaged a league-best 6.35 YPC and 2.78 yards after contact (third)."

wow! I didn't realise CJ was that kind of dominant over that stretch. Need to look up his #of carries

Valar Morghulis
06-12-2016, 02:05 AM
Ain't nobody riled up.

They sorry

Valar Morghulis
06-12-2016, 02:08 AM
Gotta catch him first.

I would say I was there when he done this. But I wasn't as spiker kept making me go and buy him beer, so i missed it.

I traveled a long way to buy beer and miss what I came to see... Thanks spike, thanks Obama..

Dapper Dan
06-12-2016, 02:41 AM
I would say I was there when he done this. But I wasn't as spiker kept making me go and buy him beer, so i missed it.

I traveled a long way to buy beer and miss what I came to see... Thanks spike, thanks Obama..

I'm still glad he scored it. No use in going all the way to Denver to see a loss.

Valar Morghulis
06-12-2016, 02:43 AM
I'm still glad he scored it. No use in going all the way to Denver to see a loss.

So am I, but let's use this as an excuse to abuse spike

Dapper Dan
06-12-2016, 02:46 AM
So am I, but let's use this as an excuse to abuse spike

But he's so pretty.

Valar Morghulis
06-12-2016, 03:11 AM
But he's so pretty.

That's why I enjoyed him entering me so much