PDA

View Full Version : Firm will sell Sports Authority’s naming rights, other intellectual property

Denver Native (Carol)
06-09-2016, 10:00 PM
A company that specializes in selling the intellectual property of defunct companies says it has been hired to market Mile High Stadium naming rights and other assets of bankrupt Sports Authority.

Although the contract has not been approved by U.S. Bankruptcy Court, New York-based Hilco Streambank said it will accept bids for the naming rights, private-label brands, domain names and transaction databases through June 23.

The Denver Broncos and the Metropolitan Football Stadium District, which owns Mile High Stadium, have been working in court to block the sale of the naming rights and other sponsorship agreements. In a bankruptcy court filing May 16, the team said Sports Authority cannot sell or transfer its naming rights or its team sponsorship without written consent.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/09/firm-hired-to-sell-sports-authoritys-naming-rights-and-other-ip-assets/

Joel
06-09-2016, 10:34 PM
We'd all be a lot happier and better off if the bankruptcy court and Metropolitan Football Stadium Districts regulations got the Hell out of the markets way and let it do its job: After all, isn't that how we replaced Mile High with Invesco/Sports Authority Field in the first place?

UnderArmour
06-10-2016, 07:34 AM
Broncos organization seems like it would be better off if the court would outright terminate the contract and they could sell naming rights again ahead of the season. There absolutely is no way Sports Authority gets to "liquidate their existing contract" and sell their naming rights second-hand though.

Simple Jaded
06-10-2016, 07:25 PM
I like Mile High Stadium, it's catchy.

Joel
06-10-2016, 10:06 PM
I like Mile High Stadium, it's catchy.
Well, buy the naming rights and you can call it wtf you like; remember when the Astros played at Enron Field?

Dapper Dan
06-10-2016, 10:08 PM
I hope Papa John gets it.

Joel
06-10-2016, 11:12 PM
I hope Papa John gets it.
"The Cali Cartel Presents ISIS Field."

LTC Pain
06-11-2016, 10:52 AM
Mile High Stadium in 20' orange letters. Nothing above or below it.