PDA

View Full Version : Minicamp notes / pressers

VonDoom
06-07-2016, 12:30 PM
Like the OTA thread, but mini!

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 21m21 minutes ago

#Broncos Demarcus ware is at practice but not wearing shoulder pads or helmet. Anunike watching as well

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 23m23 minutes ago

No Von Miller or Aqib Talib at #Broncos mandatory minicamp as expected.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

#Broncos Mark Sanchez still wearing tape on left thumb... tight end Jeff Heurman appears full speed after dealing w hamstring issue last wk

VonDoom
06-07-2016, 01:11 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 40m40 minutes ago

#Broncos all-time leading WR Rod Smith here for minicamp watching receivers and chatting a bit with D.T.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 38m38 minutes ago

UFA WR Durron Neal dropped a punt return and got chewed out for an extended period of time by ST coach Joe DeCamillis.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 17m17 minutes ago

#Broncos safety Justin Simmons continues to be around the ball. Gets interception of lynch

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 15m15 minutes ago

Trevor Siemian just connected with Jordan Taylor on a 40+ yard rope down the field. Go route that Sunshine brought on with a nice catch.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 11m11 minutes ago

#Broncos Lynch continues to impress me with his ability to throw accurately on the run. Did it to the left just now. Looks good

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 23m23 minutes ago

#Broncos Emmanuel Sanders continues to look terrific in OTAs. Catches over shoulder TD from Sanchez

VonDoom
06-07-2016, 01:35 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 7m7 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak says Aqib Talib is expected to fly in this evening and be at Broncos facility tomorrow.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 6m6 minutes ago

Kubiak said his No. 1 concern with Talib is health. Praised his character as a teammate and player since he's been here.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 6m6 minutes ago

Broncos have discussed a timetable for Talib getting back, but Kubiak didn't want to go into detail about that.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 4m4 minutes ago

Kubiak was asked directly if Talib's GSW was self inflicted, did not answer. Said he will keep conversations with Talib private.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

#Broncos had Mark Sanchez worked with first team today. Siemian second and Lynch third. Might change next week. But Sanchez had good day

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 4m4 minutes ago

Kubiak on Devontae Booker: "I think we can probably turn him loose here next week. I don't know that we'll do that, but ..."

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 3m3 minutes ago

With Aqib Talib absent, Bradley Roby will run in Talib's spot. Kayvon Webster will slide into Roby's spot in the nickel until Talib's return

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak said things going in positive direction with Von on contract talks. Hopes to see him next week if possible.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Kubiak said DeMarcus Ware (back) "doing really good." Says there's been "real positive" progress recently.

VonDoom
06-07-2016, 01:41 PM

#Broncos Paxton Lynch said still working on verbiage of playbook. But happy w improvement

Paxton Lynch said he was a little jealous of the '15 team going to the White House, but "hopefully I can go go a couple times in my career."

TXBRONC
06-07-2016, 02:31 PM

#Broncos Paxton Lynch said still working on verbiage of playbook. But happy w improvement

Paxton Lynch said he was a little jealous of the '15 team going to the White House, but "hopefully I can go go a couple times in my career."

I hope Lynch can go several times with the Broncos.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-07-2016, 04:41 PM
Did Kubiak really praise Talib's character?

That's a new one.

Joel
06-07-2016, 08:36 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak said things going in positive direction with Von on contract talks. Hopes to see him next week if possible.
Since this is my ideal line up anyway, I just want to state for the record that if Talib disappears on his way back from TX, I have an alibi. :tongue:

Did Kubiak really praise Talib's character?

That's a new one.
He did say as a player and teammate. I've never questioned Talibs work ethic or commitment; Attila the Hun understandably never got invited to church socials, but I'm sure he was a tireless worker and loyal colleague (though I don't think he ever accused a fragile pint-sized Roman of deliberately injuring him with a dirty move, then JOINED the Romans two years later.)

$10M is a lot of cap space to spend on a 30-year-old speed player whose streetfighting style costs him games due to suspension and/or injury pretty much annually. If we didn't have THREE very good CBs well under 30 AND under contract (though I believe Webster's a RFA next year; need to take care of that sooner than later) I might feel differently, but the fact is we do, so I don't.

Davii
06-07-2016, 09:09 PM
Since this is my ideal line up anyway, I just want to state for the record that if Talib disappears on his way back from TX, I have an alibi. :tongue:

He did say as a player and teammate. I've never questioned Talibs work ethic or commitment; Attila the Hun understandably never got invited to church socials, but I'm sure he was a tireless worker and loyal colleague (though I don't think he ever accused a fragile pint-sized Roman of deliberately injuring him with a dirty move, then JOINED the Romans two years later.)

$10M is a lot of cap space to spend on a 30-year-old speed player whose streetfighting style costs him games due to suspension and/or injury pretty much annually. If we didn't have THREE very good CBs well under 30 AND under contract (though I believe Webster's a RFA next year; need to take care of that sooner than later) I might feel differently, but the fact is we do, so I don't.

He's our #1 corner. He's the best player in our secondary at the current moment. Wade, Gary, and John think he's worth the money. Forgive me for thinking they're probably right and you're most likely wrong.

Joel
06-07-2016, 11:09 PM
He's our #1 corner. He's the best player in our secondary at the current moment. Wade, Gary, and John think he's worth the money. Forgive me for thinking they're probably right and you're most likely wrong.
Chris Harris Jr. is our #1 CB: Talib's just a hired gun (in several senses, apparently including the literal one) who viciously and deliberately facemasks people to make up for blown coverage, then publicly admits it was a business decision. Until a few days ago I wondered whether that incident and admission would mean he began the season on (yet) a(nother) suspension; now we'll have to see if his leg's well enough to play Opening Day whether he's allowed to or not.

Add to that he's costing $10M of cap space that will grow to $12M next year, and CBs tend to lose their legs "fast" after 30 even when they DON'T put a bullet through one of them. Going from Harris, Talib and sometimes Roby to Harris, Roby and sometimes Webster wouldn't be a big step down (if any,) but WOULD be SOLID for the next 5 years for FAR less money.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-08-2016, 12:09 AM
I'm not remotely optimistic we wouldn't have a huge drop off if Webster moved into the lineup and Talib moved out.

Talib is a top 5 corner and beings a nasty physical presence to his position only a few guys do.

He's more than a hired gun *snicker*

Timmy!
06-08-2016, 12:33 AM
Chris Harris Jr. is our #1 CB: Talib's just a hired gun (in several senses, apparently including the literal one) who viciously and deliberately facemasks people to make up for blown coverage, then publicly admits it was a business decision. Until a few days ago I wondered whether that incident and admission would mean he began the season on (yet) a(nother) suspension; now we'll have to see if his leg's well enough to play Opening Day whether he's allowed to or not.

Add to that he's costing $10M of cap space that will grow to $12M next year, and CBs tend to lose their legs "fast" after 30 even when they DON'T put a bullet through one of them. Going from Harris, Talib and sometimes Roby to Harris, Roby and sometimes Webster wouldn't be a big step down (if any,) but WOULD be SOLID for the next 5 years for FAR less money.

Antonio Brown endorses this post.

Valar Morghulis
06-08-2016, 12:47 AM
This time last year, along with bigging up latimer, I stated talib was our most over rated player and that I still preferred DRC

then last season happened, sometimes Joel, it's best to acknowledge an erroneous position as opposed to clinging to it in the hope you will be proved right eventually.

As of the last game we played. Talib was our number one corner. The dude and his attitude epitomized our defensive identity last year

TXBRONC
06-08-2016, 07:19 AM

No, Talib is the number one corner. Hired gun? No, a hired gun is guy who is one to two year rental. Btw the money that Talib is getting is the kind of money that is given two a number one corner.

Davii
06-08-2016, 07:30 AM

You don't know more than John, Gary, and Wade. Nice try, and thanks for playing though.

VonDoom
06-08-2016, 09:43 AM
This doesn't have to be a Harris vs Talib argument (though I would be on team Harris, FWIW). Can't we be happy that we have two top CB's at the same time? Each is better because they have the other one (and a tremendous pass rush) than they would be individually.

Davii
06-08-2016, 10:56 AM
This doesn't have to be a Harris vs Talib argument (though I would be on team Harris, FWIW). Can't we be happy that we have two top CB's at the same time? Each is better because they have the other one (and a tremendous pass rush) than they would be individually.

I don't believe it is a Harris Vs Talib argument, no matter who is the better of the two it is clear they are the two best on the team. It's really a Roby vs Talib argument. We have two very, very good CBs, possibly three. However, there is no doubt we are not as good a defense without Talib as we are with him at this moment in time.

dogfish
06-08-2016, 11:41 AM
talib's not going anywhere-- what joel thinks of him matters not at all. . .

what i took away from the original post is that heurmann and annunike are already gimpy. . .

Denver Native (Carol)
06-08-2016, 12:17 PM
Sanchez, Okung all smiles on 'Media Day'

Broncos TV followed quarterback Mark Sanchez and tackle Russell Okung through Denver's "Media Day," as NBC/CBS/ESPN all shot promotional video and photos for the upcoming season.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Sanchez-Okung-all-smiles-on-Media-Day-/09c8779e-beb8-45c9-aeb6-8db1f174cdc2

VonDoom
06-08-2016, 12:26 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 12m12 minutes ago

Veterans rest day today: Harris, Ward, Wolfe, Sanders, Thomas all get a break. No Talib, of course. Ware still watching from sideline.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 11m11 minutes ago

Darian Stewart also given a rest day.

VonDoom
06-08-2016, 01:53 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 20m20 minutes ago

Kubiak said he thinks DeMarcus Ware could practice tomorrow but doesn't think he will out of precaution.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 8m8 minutes ago

Aqib Talib is indeed in Denver. Visited with trainers at Dove Valley this morning, sent off campus to see team doctors this afternoon.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 2m2 minutes ago

Kubiak said the plan is for Talib to remain in Denver during the June-July break to rehab his gunshot wound injury under team supervision

------------------

Translation of that last one: we don't want Talib going back to Dallas (or anywhere else) on his own

MOtorboat
06-08-2016, 06:16 PM

Kubiak said the plan is for Talib to remain in Denver during the June-July break to rehab his gunshot wound injury under team supervision.

This sentence is hilarious.

BroncoJoe
06-09-2016, 06:50 AM
This sentence is hilarious.

I thought the same thing! It's like the Broncos are his parents, and he is GROUNDED!

VonDoom
06-09-2016, 01:17 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak said no update on Talib but they are getting a handle on how long recovery might take

Gary Kubiak said he's "still optimistic" a long-term deal with Von Miller gets done this summer. "Both sides are working hard," he said.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak said looking forward to ring ceremony on Sunday. Said remains optimistic about Von's situation

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

#Broncos Kubiak said no one has worked harder than Sanchez on playbook. Has reminded him of improvement needed in red zone

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 47s48 seconds ago

#broncos Kubiak said CJ Anderson is in best condition he's seen him in andhas responded to competition "he's ready to be an every down back"

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 40s41 seconds ago

Kubiak described Paxton Lynch's progress as "up and down." He said he's confident he will grow even more by 1st preseason game v. Chicago.

VonDoom
06-09-2016, 01:26 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 7m7 minutes ago

Wade Phillips starts press conference on Von and Aqib: "I know nothing and I've been ordered to say nothing."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 50s50 seconds ago

Wade Phillips says he may wear his SB ring all the time. "It's a really big ring for a really big team." (We know he's a Drake fan)

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 43s43 seconds ago

"The only thing better than winning a Super Bowl would be winning another one.” - @sonofbum

VonDoom
06-09-2016, 02:39 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 39m39 minutes ago

Big thing today is that Special Teams Coordinator Joe DeCamillis says the punting computation between Colquitt & Dixon is "neck-and-neck."

olathebroncofan
06-09-2016, 07:41 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 39m39 minutes ago

Big thing today is that Special Teams Coordinator Joe DeCamillis says the punting computation between Colquitt & Dixon is "neck-and-neck."

That's doesn't compute.

TXBRONC
06-09-2016, 08:00 PM
That's doesn't compute.

Should it be leg-and-leg?

BroncoBuckeye73
06-09-2016, 08:43 PM
How about toe to toe?

Joel
06-09-2016, 09:51 PM
This time last year, along with bigging up latimer, I stated talib was our most over rated player and that I still preferred DRC

then last season happened, sometimes Joel, it's best to acknowledge an erroneous position as opposed to clinging to it in the hope you will be proved right eventually.

As of the last game we played. Talib was our number one corner. The dude and his attitude epitomized our defensive identity last year
In our LAST game, Talib:

1) Nullified a sack by a gutsy (but perfectly executed) double-safety blitz by getting flagged for taunting RIGHT IN FRONT of his coach AND A REF,

2) Got beat on a deep sideline route for Carolinas ONLY TD, but "saved" it by trying to decapitate the WR by his facemask,

3) Later admitted to the PRESS that he did it ON PURPOSE because it was only a half-yard penalty and worth it—even though Carolina easily scored on the next play,)

4) On the VERY NEXT PLAY jumped off side (fortunately it was only a PAT, so a kickoff penalty that just made the TB automatic, but that's not the point,)

5) Possibly in memory of the deep 1st and G pass, later played way off speedy Ted Ginn Jr. and gave up not one but TWO deep balls in front of him,

6) Completely overplayed a deep ball so Wards attempt at the Int meant NOBODY caught it (except the WR.)

That's just the stuff I REMEMBER. Talib had a few good SB plays, too, but thinly sprinkled among a MUCH larger collection of awful ones. Our LAST game is the primary reason I wish it had been his FINAL game as a Bronco, though the eye-poking suspension and similar incidents before and after joining the Broncos admittedly had me thinking that way already.

Here's every play from our last game (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4aPvP2nUcY) (edited down to 51:09 by removing all play stoppage.) Which of them, exactly, makes Talib our "#1 CB"?

No, Talib is the number one corner. Hired gun? No, a hired gun is guy who is one to two year rental. Btw the money that Talib is getting is the kind of money that is given two a number one corner.
Sorry; somehow I got the idea Talib was playing AGAINST us in the AFCCG two years ago. And accusing of us taking him out with a cheap shot (because we all know what a brawler 5'9" 180 lb. Welker was, especially his double-concussion final season; apparently Talib can't take what he dishes out.) Manning was a Bronco TWICE as long as Talib has been, yet people questioned whether he belongs in the Ring of Fame.

I don't believe it is a Harris Vs Talib argument, no matter who is the better of the two it is clear they are the two best on the team. It's really a Roby vs Talib argument.
Exactly: It's a Roby vs Talib (and, to a lesser extent, Roby vs Webster) argument, and CERTAINLY not the Talib vs Webster argument some try to make it.

We have two very, very good CBs, possibly three. However, there is no doubt we are not as good a defense without Talib as we are with him at this moment in time.
We have three very, very good CBs, possibly four, but one is:

1) About 5 years older than the rest (at a speed position,)
2) Gets lots of flags and suspensions for DELIBERATELY dirty play,
3) Gets hurt a lot for the same reason,
4) Is already eating $10M of cap space and that number climbs quickly each of the next two years and
5) Just got SHOT because he can't stay out of trouble any better off the field than on it.

Valar Morghulis
06-10-2016, 12:06 AM
In our LAST game, Talib: 1) Nullified a sack by a gutsy (but perfectly executed) double-safety blitz by getting flagged for taunting RIGHT IN FRONT of his coach AND A REF, 2) Got beat on a deep sideline route for Carolinas ONLY TD, but "saved" it by trying to decapitate the WR by his facemask, 3) Later admitted to the PRESS that he did it ON PURPOSE because it was only a half-yard penalty and worth it—even though Carolina easily scored on the next play,) 4) On the VERY NEXT PLAY jumped off side (fortunately it was only a PAT, so a kickoff penalty that just made the TB automatic, but that's not the point,) 5) Possibly in memory of the deep 1st and G pass, later played way off speedy Ted Ginn Jr. and gave up not one but TWO deep balls in front of him, 6) Completely overplayed a deep ball so Wards attempt at the Int meant NOBODY caught it (except the WR.) That's just the stuff I REMEMBER. Talib had a few good SB plays, too, but thinly sprinkled among a MUCH larger collection of awful ones. Our LAST game is the primary reason I wish it had been his FINAL game as a Bronco, though the eye-poking suspension and similar incidents before and after joining the Broncos admittedly had me thinking that way already. Here's every play from our last game (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4aPvP2nUcY) (edited down to 51:09 by removing all play stoppage.) Which of them, exactly, makes Talib our "#1 CB"? Sorry; somehow I got the idea Talib was playing AGAINST us in the AFCCG two years ago. And accusing of us taking him out with a cheap shot (because we all know what a brawler 5'9" 180 lb. Welker was, especially his double-concussion final season; apparently Talib can't take what he dishes out.) Manning was a Bronco TWICE as long as Talib has been, yet people questioned whether he belongs in the Ring of Fame. Exactly: It's a Roby vs Talib (and, to a lesser extent, Roby vs Webster) argument, and CERTAINLY not the Talib vs Webster argument some try to make it. We have three very, very good CBs, possibly four, but one is: 1) About 5 years older than the rest (at a speed position,) 2) Gets lots of flags and suspensions for DELIBERATELY dirty play, 3) Gets hurt a lot for the same reason, 4) Is already eating $10M of cap space and that number climbs quickly each of the next two years and 5) Just got SHOT because he can't stay out of trouble any better off the field than on it.

I hope you find happiness one day

Joel
06-10-2016, 01:14 AM
I'm good, man, but thanks. Still not seeing any part of our last game that makes Talib our #1 CB though: Just half a dozen reasons to wish he were SEP. As for Webster: Thank GOD he was on the field when Ward fumbled that otherwise excellent Int, else it's 1st and G Carolina, and he was also the guy who instantly threw down Ginn for a -2 yd return to the Panthers 14 that set up the strip-sack-fumble-TD on Cam. We could do far worse in a successor to Bruton.

MOtorboat
06-10-2016, 01:24 AM
I'm good, man, but thanks. Still not seeing any part of our last game that makes Talib our #1 CB though: Just half a dozen reasons to wish he were SEP. As for Webster: Thank GOD he was on the field when Ward fumbled that otherwise excellent Int, else it's 1st and G Carolina, and he was also the guy who instantly threw down Ginn for a -2 yd return to the Panthers 14 that set up the strip-sack-fumble-TD on Cam. We could do far worse in a successor to Bruton.

They won the Super Bowl. The secondary is the best in the game. Get a grip.

MOtorboat
06-10-2016, 01:28 AM
I mean, seriously. Denver won the Super Bowl with one of the most dominant defensive performances in the history of the game and Joel is whining about the defense.

**** off.

Valar Morghulis
06-10-2016, 08:29 AM
I normally have a high tolerance for Joel and his tomes and often like his unique and detailed analysis

But I just can't get on board with this.

olathebroncofan
06-10-2016, 08:53 AM
That's doesn't compute.

Should it be leg-and-leg?

Read the quote again. It says computation is neck and neck. It should have said competition is neck and neck.

But I agree with toe to toe as well. Or maybe neither one has a leg up over the other.

Davii
06-10-2016, 08:57 AM
Read the quote again. It says computation is neck and neck. It should have said competition is neck and neck.

But I agree with toe to toe as well. Or maybe neither one has a leg up over the other.

Which one gets the boot?

Joel
06-10-2016, 09:51 AM
They won the Super Bowl. The secondary is the best in the game. Get a grip.
Makes sense; I guess winning the SB proves Manning's the best QB in the game too.

I mean, seriously. Denver won the Super Bowl with one of the most dominant defensive performances in the history of the game and Joel is whining about the defense.
I'm not "whining" about the D, just a SINGLE very specific member of it.

**** off.
Suggestion noted and given all due consideration.

TXBRONC
06-10-2016, 10:42 AM
Which one gets the boot?

I guess the one with the shorter leg.

olathebroncofan
06-10-2016, 11:03 AM
Which one gets the boot?

I guess the one with shorter leg.

I'm guessing the one who the front office falls head over heels in love with gets the job.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-10-2016, 11:17 AM
I think the rookie has a leg up on the competition. The fact he was drafted as a punter tells me he already has a foot in the door.

Ravage!!!
06-10-2016, 11:25 AM
I think the rookie has a leg up on the competition. The fact he was drafted as a punter tells me he already has a foot in the door.

the one liners... *rim shot*

Timmy!
06-10-2016, 12:38 PM
Lol@joels talib whining.

Timmy!
06-10-2016, 12:41 PM

Post of the year candidate.

TXBRONC
06-10-2016, 12:55 PM
I'm guessing the one who the front office falls head over heels in love with gets the job.

Well isn't that a kick in the pants?

GEM
06-10-2016, 12:58 PM

Wade Phillips starts press conference on Von and Aqib: "I know nothing and I've been ordered to say nothing."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 50s50 seconds ago

Wade Phillips says he may wear his SB ring all the time. "It's a really big ring for a really big team." (We know he's a Drake fan)

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 43s43 seconds ago

"The only thing better than winning a Super Bowl would be winning another one.” - @sonofbum
I love Wade Phillips so damn much! :D

olathebroncofan
06-10-2016, 03:58 PM
**** off.
Suggestion noted and given all due consideration.[/QUOTE]

Joel, I can only give this quote a 6. But if you would have hit Mo with one of your novel length responses, I would have given it a 10. Step your game up Joel!!!

TXBRONC
06-10-2016, 04:22 PM
Suggestion noted and given all due consideration.

Joel, I can only give this quote a 6. But if you would have hit Mo with one of your novel length responses, I would have given it a 10. Step your game up Joel!!![/QUOTE]

Good grief don't encourage to write a novel. Give him a 10 for brevity.

Simple Jaded
06-10-2016, 07:34 PM
Who needs a Top 5 CB when you've got Kavon Webster?

They should just cut Talib because we just can't afford any more facemask penalties.

Joel
06-10-2016, 10:02 PM
Who needs a Top 5 CB when you've got Kavon Webster?

They should just cut Talib because we just can't afford any more facemask penalties.
No, who needs a "speedy 30-year-old" $10M suspension machine when you've got ROBY? Webster would (probably) replace Roby as #3 CB.

Last I heard, the NFL hadn't decided whether to suspend him a THIRD time for the vicious SB facemask he publicly admitted was intentional. Hopefully he rehabs his self-inflicted gun shot quickly, else we could easily be without him HALF THE SEASON. Totally worth $10M, right?

Davii
06-10-2016, 11:37 PM
No, who needs a "speedy 30-year-old" $10M suspension machine when you've got ROBY? Webster would (probably) replace Roby as #3 CB.

Last I heard, the NFL hadn't decided whether to suspend him a THIRD time for the vicious SB facemask he publicly admitted was intentional. Hopefully he rehabs his self-inflicted gun shot quickly, else we could easily be without him HALF THE SEASON. Totally worth $10M, right?

:lol: Joel, it's ok to admit you're probably wrong on something. Or, just so posting the same thing over and over, either one works.

Bottom line, nobody else on this team at present moment has the skillset to dethrone Talib as a starting CB. If and when that happens he'll be gone.

Simple Jaded
06-10-2016, 11:48 PM

Nobody cares if you think he's worth a dime, you're the one that bitched nonstop about how much Manning was making while running the single best offense the NFL has ever seen.

As for Webster, he may be the Next Revis Island, but nobody on this planet has seen anything to suggest he's up to replacing anybody. I'm sure as **** not taking your assessment on it, I'm not even sure you watch football.

Suck it WORLD!

Joel
06-11-2016, 01:40 AM
:lol: Joel, it's ok to admit you're probably wrong on something. Or, just so posting the same thing over and over, either one works.
I've no problem admitting PROVEN error; it's happened before and almost certainly will again. Meanwhile, I can repeat the same argument as many times as anyone else can repeat the same non-rebuttals; it does take two to tango.

Bottom line, nobody else on this team at present moment has the skillset to dethrone Talib as a starting CB. If and when that happens he'll be gone.
In the first game of his CAREER, Bradley Roby SHUT DOWN a first ballot HoFer ALL GAME (including knocking away a first down conversion on the teams final offensive play.) That was FAR better than the far more experienced Talib managed when THAT Colts game was on the line (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000576617/article/talib-loses-appeal-officially-suspended-for-eyepoke). So I think we'd survive the loss of Talib. Maybe he would've been the difference in our loss to KC, but we can never know: His own actions prevented him even being on the field, and may on Opening Day.

Joel
06-11-2016, 02:17 AM
In "our last game," Talibs red zone WR coverage resulted in a TD; Von's resulted in ripping out a completion and forcing a missed FG.

Now, Von's a BAMF, and I've been a fan of his coverage for a while—but a "#1 CB" should cover red zone WRs better than even a SB MVP LINEBACKER. Getting beat for a big catch at the 1 isn't "#1 CB" coverage, and deliberately facemasking a guy so hard it should've earned ejection doesn't change that. Nor do MULTIPLE big gains by Ted Ginn, nor nullifying 3rd down sacks with pointless taunts right in front of a ref. $10M for that, gunshot wounds and a possible THIRD suspension.

Davii
06-11-2016, 02:41 AM
In "our last game," Talibs red zone WR coverage resulted in a TD; Von's resulted in ripping out a completion and forcing a missed FG.

Now, Von's a BAMF, and I've been a fan of his coverage for a while—but a "#1 CB" should cover red zone WRs better than even a SB MVP LINEBACKER. Getting beat for a big catch at the 1 isn't "#1 CB" coverage, and deliberately facemasking a guy so hard it should've earned ejection doesn't change that. Nor do MULTIPLE big gains by Ted Ginn, nor nullifying 3rd down sacks with pointless taunts right in front of a ref. $10M for that, gunshot wounds and a possible THIRD suspension.

Have a great night Joel.

MOtorboat
06-11-2016, 02:41 AM
Focus on the one play in the Super Bowl that didn't go Denver's way, not the 120 or so that did go there way.

:deadhorse:

Davii
06-11-2016, 02:44 AM
Focus on the one play in the Super Bowl that didn't go Denver's way, not the 120 or so that did go there way.

Wait, are you trying to say we won a Super Bowl? Interesting.

MOtorboat
06-11-2016, 02:44 AM
Wait, are you trying to say we won a Super Bowl? Interesting.

Well. I'm not sure because Joel has been posting lately.

Simple Jaded
06-11-2016, 09:30 AM
Who needs a SB win when you got Kayvon Webster?

TXBRONC
06-11-2016, 09:55 AM

This is what you call frustrated candor? I call it beating a dead horse back to life again. If Denver had lost you would have point but four months later is still just wasted bandwidth.

Joel
06-11-2016, 10:20 AM

I listed HALF A DOZEN, dude, not "just one." Like aaaaall our 2013 lines collapses vs. Indy, NE*, Washington, SD (twice) and in the SB were "just one game."

MO math: 6=1.

dogfish
06-11-2016, 10:33 AM
:lol: Joel, it's ok to admit you're probably wrong on something.

but he never IS wrong-- just ask him!

geez, dude, how about a little compassion? i for one feel terribly for joel that his whole life changed when talib grabbed that guy's facemask. . . horrible thing for him to have to go through!

Slick
06-11-2016, 11:27 AM

* their, dumbass.

MOtorboat
06-11-2016, 11:28 AM
* their, dumbass.

It's so miserable being a Broncos fan, Slick. So miserable.

Slick
06-11-2016, 11:37 AM
It's so miserable being a Broncos fan, Slick. So miserable.

You know I normally stick up for Joel but his take on my mainest man Talib is just moronic.

spikerman
06-11-2016, 11:45 AM

Joel. You lost me on this one, buddy.

Joel
06-11-2016, 12:24 PM
Joel. You lost me on this one, buddy.
One of our LBs covers WRs in the red zone better than our "#1" CB does; it's pretty straightforward. I give Talib props for tipping the Int on the Cheats 2 PAT in the AFCCG, but saying our LAST game proved him our #1 CB willfully ignores how badly he PLAYED our LAST game. Re-watch him throughout that whole game, then tell me what he did to prove himself our #1 CB.

MOtorboat
06-11-2016, 12:32 PM
One of our LBs covers WRs in the red zone better than our "#1" CB does; it's pretty straightforward. I give Talib props for tipping the Int on the Cheats 2 PAT in the AFCCG, but saying our LAST game proved him our #1 CB willfully ignores how badly he PLAYED our LAST game. Re-watch him throughout that whole game, then tell me what he did to prove himself our #1 CB.

Well, at least he got props for making the play of the game against New England.

:rolleyes:

MOtorboat
06-11-2016, 12:38 PM
Cam Newton's completion percentage in the Super Bowl is jealous of Tim Tebow's career percentage (18 of 41!) and yet we're supposed to somehow gather that 1/4 of the secondary was awful in the game because of one play? Just dumb.

Davii
06-11-2016, 12:55 PM
Cam Newton's completion percentage in the Super Bowl is jealous of Tim Tebow's career percentage (18 of 41!) and yet we're supposed to somehow gather that 1/4 of the secondary was awful in the game because of one play? Just dumb.

I think Talib should be forced to give his ring back and take the walk shame. :rolleyes:

MOtorboat
06-11-2016, 03:04 PM
I think Talib should be forced to give his ring back and take the walk shame. :rolleyes:

Walk of Atonement.

Simple Jaded
06-11-2016, 04:33 PM
If I were making an argument against Talib I'd start with the 2015 Playoff loss to the Colts, you should watch that Game Joel, you'll love it. And at least you wouldn't look as desperate to find something to bitch about.

Joel
06-11-2016, 07:58 PM
Well, at least he got props for making the play of the game against New England.

:rolleyes:
The play of the game against NE* was Von Miller getting robbed of a sack but coming right back to intercept Brady inside the Cheats 20 on the very next play. That didn't just prevent 2 pts that would've forced OT, it set up 7 pts that helped win the game.

6=/=1, whether it's "just six games" our offensive line sucked in 2013 or "just six plays" Talib blew in the SB. I hope for your sake you hire a CPA to do your taxes.

If I were making an argument against Talib I'd start with the 2015 Playoff loss to the Colts, you should watch that Game Joel, you'll love it. And at least you wouldn't look as desperate to find something to bitch about.
I'll add it to our "#1" CBs highlight reel. That's why everyone kept asking why Del Rio didn't put Harris on Hilton: Because someone ELSE is our #1 CB.

MOtorboat
06-11-2016, 08:19 PM
The play of the game against NE* was Von Miller getting robbed of a sack but coming right back to intercept Brady inside the Cheats 20 on the very next play. That didn't just prevent 2 pts that would've forced OT, it set up 7 pts that helped win the game.

6=/=1, whether it's "just six games" our offensive line sucked in 2013 or "just six plays" Talib blew in the SB. I hope for your sake you hire a CPA to do your taxes.

I'll add it to our "#1" CBs highlight reel. That's why everyone kept asking why Del Rio didn't put Harris on Hilton: Because someone ELSE is our #1 CB.

Whatever you say, homeslice.

Because it will change next year when it is convenient like it always does.

spikerman
06-11-2016, 08:30 PM

Joel, Miller made a great play on that one, but show me any NFL CB who doesn't get beaten sometimes. That player doesn't exist, has never existed, and never will exist. It's not like he got chewed up during that game. I'm really failing to see your point. The score and result disprove your argument that anybody on the defense played poorly in that game.

Slick
06-11-2016, 08:39 PM
Joel, Miller made a great play on that one, but show me any NFL CB who doesn't get beaten sometimes. That player doesn't exist, has never existed, and never will exist. It's not like he got chewed up during that game. I'm really failing to see your point. The score and result disprove your argument that anybody on the defense played poorly in that game.

That offense was number 1 in the NFL and tearing everyone up in the playoffs. They were as hot as a team can get and Denver's D put it on 'em.

Joel
06-11-2016, 09:26 PM
Joel, Miller made a great play on that one, but show me any NFL CB who doesn't get beaten sometimes. That player doesn't exist, has never existed, and never will exist. It's not like he got chewed up during that game.
It's EXACTLY like that: He got beat deep THREE TIMES (once for a TD) in addition to negating a 3rd down sack with a stupid penalty and jumping off side on a PAT.

I'm really failing to see your point. The score and result disprove your argument that anybody on the defense played poorly in that game.
The final proves VonWareWolfe and Jackson only let Cam exploit Talib 3 times in 41 snaps, and he was dumb enough to throw at Harris or Roby (or lob Ward an Int) on others. And, to his... I guess the word is "credit," Talib IS really good at cheapshotting guys he can't cover so they drop their catches. He "covers" more like a LB than our ACTUAL LBs, but when that doesn't work he gets abused by guys like Gronk, Steve Smith and even pint-sized Welker.

When not suspended/shooting himself in the thigh AND calf; not a good thing to do to 30-year-old legs at a speed position.

It's the NFL, not the UFC.

spikerman
06-11-2016, 09:51 PM
It's EXACTLY like that: He got beat deep THREE TIMES (once for a TD) in addition to negating a 3rd down sack with a stupid penalty and jumping off side on a PAT.

The final proves VonWareWolfe and Jackson only let Cam exploit Talib 3 times in 41 snaps, and he was dumb enough to throw at Harris or Roby (or lob Ward an Int) on others. And, to his... I guess the word is "credit," Talib IS really good at cheapshotting guys he can't cover so they drop their catches. He "covers" more like a LB than our ACTUAL LBs, but when that doesn't work he gets abused by guys like Gronk, Steve Smith and even pint-sized Welker.

When not suspended/shooting himself in the thigh AND calf; not a good thing to do to 30-year-old legs at a speed position.

It's the NFL, not the UFC.
So does that mean that Chris Harris is trash because he got beaten badly by Antonio Brown twice in one game? Joel, you're my boy, but you're being beyond ridiculous. Talib is a top five corner. Now, is he worth the trouble? I think he is, but at least that's a valid discussion.

spikerman
06-11-2016, 09:52 PM
Let's also not forget that he was a big factor in the Panther's kicker missing the FG.

Valar Morghulis
06-12-2016, 02:02 AM
Talib is a top five corner. Now, is he worth the trouble? I think he is, but at least that's a valid discussion.

That is a discussion I could entertain.

As it goes I think this well be talibs last year in Denver as if he does not sustain last year's form, he will cease to be worth the trouble. When this is couple with his age and accounting for natural decline, I think his coat is on a shaky hook.

TXBRONC
06-12-2016, 07:55 AM
So does that mean that Chris Harris is trash because he got beaten badly by Antonio Brown twice in one game? Joel, you're my boy, but you're being beyond ridiculous. Talib is a top five corner. Now, is he worth the trouble? I think he is, but at least that's a valid discussion.

I agree Talib being worth the trouble is a worthy debate but, there is no debate concerning his skill level.

Simple Jaded
06-13-2016, 11:18 PM
One thing about the NFL, no matter who you bitch about sooner or later you'll be right. Someday Jeol will say "I told you so".

I'm calling it now, Aaron Rodgers sucks.

VonDoom
06-14-2016, 01:25 PM
Technically we're back to OTA's, not minicamp, but this was the more current thread, so I'm bumping for notes. So ...

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 1h1 hour ago

I don't see Derek Wolfe out here for #Broncos OTAs. Don't see DeMarcus Ware on sidelines either. Of course no Von Miller or Aqib Talib.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 1h1 hour ago

Wolfe received the Lou Holtz Ohio Valley lifetime achievement award last night so that's why he's not here.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 34m34 minutes ago

OL Lars Hanson just went down in apparent pain. He's being helped off the field by trainers. Grabbing knee/lower leg

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 32m32 minutes ago

He was down for a few mins. Headed to the locker room, starting walking under his own power with a limb.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 31m31 minutes ago

Whole mood of #Broncos OTAs changed, more quiet now

VonDoom
06-14-2016, 01:26 PM

#Broncos Gary Kubiak created chaos with no huddle. Said QBs stayed ordered w Sanchez, Siemian and Lynch

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak said Sanchez and Siemian are In a close competition for job. Lynch in third.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Kubiak on Talib: "We're doing everything we can to get him back for training camp." Still day to day.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 2m2 minutes ago

Kubiak said he tells healthy players to get away from Dove Valley, clear the mind, but make smart choices to rep #Broncos the right way.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 2m2 minutes ago

Kubiak said they plan to have a meeting in the next few days to decide if they'll name a QB starter before training camp.

VonDoom
06-14-2016, 01:40 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 7m7 minutes ago

#Broncos Lynch not focusing on depth chart "I know I still have time to learn."

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 9m9 minutes ago

Lynch: "I need to be more consistent. I come out here and have some great days then I have some not so great days."

Lynch said he sees a difference between himself and other 2 QBs, but he's confident he can catch up.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 4m4 minutes ago

It's clear starting job is between Sanchez and Siemian. Lynch is in learning stage.

Northman
06-14-2016, 02:19 PM
Just posted on the Broncos FB page.

ESPN reportingMark Sanchez - QB - Broncos
Broncos coach Gary Kubiak says Mark Sanchez and Trevor Siemian are currently "neck and neck" for the team's starting job.

dogfish
06-14-2016, 03:48 PM

thanks for the update, man!

TXBRONC
06-17-2016, 10:39 PM

Nice finger tip catch brother. :beer: