PDA

View Full Version : Who here is rooting for Trevor Siemian?

ChairmanBron
06-06-2016, 05:07 PM
I have to say, I am rooting for Trevor Siemian to start this whole season and possibly beyond. I think the kid will do well. I hope he earns the spot and let's roll with him!

BroncoJoe
06-06-2016, 05:08 PM
Based on what exactly?

Tned
06-06-2016, 05:09 PM
Who is Trevor Siemean? Is that the new long snapper?

ChairmanBron
06-06-2016, 05:20 PM
Based on what exactly?

Didn't you see last fall in the regular season game he took a snap? He was great at it.

Bronco4ever
06-06-2016, 06:05 PM
I'm not really cheering for anyone in particular. I just prefer the best QB to start between Siemian and Sanchez. Ideally start Lynch either end of the season or beginning of next season unless he's too insanely good to not start immediately (which I doubt).

BroncoWave
06-06-2016, 07:46 PM
Not particularly, because that would mean we wasted a first round pick on Lynch if Simean is starting for years to come.

tomjonesrocks
06-06-2016, 08:06 PM
Yea, doesn't really make sense to offer a pretty high number to Brock, do that dance with Kaep, make calls on Bradford and trade up in the first round to take Lynch if they already had a stud in the building.

Obviously they actually think Siemien's got a pretty low ceiling, which makes all kinds of sense.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-06-2016, 08:47 PM
Yea, doesn't really make sense to offer a pretty high number to Brock, do that dance with Kaep, make calls on Bradford and trade up in the first round to take Lynch if they already had a stud in the building.

Obviously they actually think Siemien's got a pretty low ceiling, which makes all kinds of sense.

Trade bait?

sneakers
06-06-2016, 09:54 PM
Who is Trevor Siemean? Is that the new long snapper?

That one guy from Northwestern I believe

Simple Jaded
06-06-2016, 10:34 PM
Here's what we need to be rooting for; all three QB's tear it up in preseason, Sanchez wins the job by virtue of experience, Sanchez rocks out with his **** out.......until.......wait for it.......a foot injury somewhere around midseason. Then Siemian comes in, goes 5-2 and plays exceedingly well.......until.......wait for it.......Sanchez flips Kubes off during practice. Then Siemian gets benched after his teammates keep ******* up.

Then.......stay with me.

Then.......Sanchez leads Denver to another WORLD Championship. Suck it again, WORLD!

Sanchez signs huge offseason contract, netting another 3rd round comp.

Siemian gets butthurt cause Elway didn't look happy enough when he single-handedly willed the team to a 17-or-so points per game, Elway has enough of the nonstop MB threads rooting for Siemian and trades him to the Jets for a 4th round pick. Siemian's brother rents a billboard cursing Elway as the root of all evil.

Elway goes into hiding, until the Rebels find a map to his hidden sanctuary.......I'm thinking Sanctuary Golf Course.

Then.......Lynch walks up to him and hands him his fathers old Taylor Made R7 driver.

Elway looks at Lynch ominously.......

:panout:

:fadetoblack:

MOtorboat
06-07-2016, 12:26 AM
Trade bait?

For what? Bag of under inflated footballs and a six pack?

Valar Morghulis
06-07-2016, 12:45 AM
I don't care who wins the starting job, I just want whoever it is to become a long term permanent fixture.

Northman
06-07-2016, 07:09 AM
This thread is great black hole material.

Broncoknight30
06-07-2016, 07:45 AM
I am rooting for him. I thought he displayed the skill set that is needed for this offense to run efficiently in preseason last year. This play is a pretty decent indication of that. The bootleg keeper action.

https://i.imgflip.com/15awj5.gif
Confused on how to upload a gif...:coffee:

However, when the Broncos use a first round pick on a QB, I tend to root for that person for obvious reasons. I am hoping he displays some good skills again this off season. I am hoping he remains on the team.

Having said all of that, unless he displays something so dynamic that there is no choice but to make him a starter, he pretty much stands no chance of starting for this team. That, or Sanchez is so bad (ala Bubby Brister) in preseason and Paxton Lynch shows he is in no way ready, then maybe.

I guess for me the bottom line is I like the kid. Hoping good things happen for him.

TXBRONC
06-07-2016, 08:13 AM
I think he has good skill and by experience in the offense he's way ahead of Sanchez and Lynch but I don't know if that is enough keep Lynch at bey.

ChairmanBron
06-07-2016, 10:15 AM
Not particularly, because that would mean we wasted a first round pick on Lynch if Simean is starting for years to come.

I am fine with that cost if it's a Superbowl win or perhaps multiple Superbowl wins.

Ravage!!!
06-07-2016, 10:52 AM
I hope he's a stud, because that would mean we have a stud. But I'm not particularly 'rooting' for him, as I don't have any emotional ties to him. I root for all the Bronco players to be studs....but until I've actually seen him play, I can't find myself 'rooting' for him to make the roster. But I wish him the best of luck.

TXBRONC
06-07-2016, 11:02 AM
I think he'll eventually make a good back up quarterback. Right now, I don't see him actually surpassing someone that the Broncos took in the first round.

LTC Pain
06-07-2016, 11:13 AM
I'm rooting for Trevor and all the other Broncos as well :salute:

TXBRONC
06-07-2016, 11:19 AM
I would also add that Kubiak is sending subtle message to Lynch not to rest on laurels.

BroncoWave
06-07-2016, 01:26 PM
I hope he's a stud, because that would mean we have a stud. But I'm not particularly 'rooting' for him, as I don't have any emotional ties to him. I root for all the Bronco players to be studs....but until I've actually seen him play, I can't find myself 'rooting' for him to make the roster. But I wish him the best of luck.

Same. If he ever becomes the starter I will root for him to play well obviously, but I'm certainly not rooting for him to beat out the guy we just used a first rounder on.

BroncoWave
06-07-2016, 01:27 PM
I would also add that Kubiak is sending subtle message to Lynch not to rest on laurels.

Huh? What "laurels" would a rookie qb be resting on and what indication is there that Lynch is doing that?

NightTerror218
06-07-2016, 04:32 PM
I hope he becomes an awesome backup to Lynch.

TXBRONC
06-08-2016, 07:30 AM
Huh? What "laurels" would a rookie qb be resting on and what indication is there that Lynch is doing that?

Thinking that's owed to him. Btw where the hell did I say he was?

broncofaninfla
06-08-2016, 07:34 AM
I developed a man crush on the kid last preseason, have to admit I'm pulling for him as well BUT also pulling for the two guys getting most of the press too. Unlike most of the people on this thread I think Trevor does have a chance to win the job this season and give Paxton more time to develop. He's certainly a underdog but I do give the kid a chance.

BroncoWave
06-08-2016, 09:23 AM
Thinking that's owed to him. Btw where the hell did I say he was?

Why would he think anything is owed to him? I'm really not getting your point here.

Ravage!!!
06-08-2016, 10:02 AM
Why would he think anything is owed to him? I'm really not getting your point here.

Why are you being so argumentative over a simple comment... a comment that wasn't insulting or attacking at anyone. It's a very common expression, and one that is discussed in football circles over and over again. The suggestion that he's making is that Kubiak wants to be sure that no one feels they are guaranteed anything purely based on draft position. It's really not that hard, and doing your best to fight on semantics is childish.

ChairmanBron
06-08-2016, 11:09 AM
Trevor Siemian, Broncos starting QB? It's starting to make sense

Trevor Siemian went from surprise seventh-round pick to Super Bowl champion in a wild ride with the Broncos in 2015. So it shouldn't be shocking if he goes all the way from third-stringer to starting quarterback in Year 2.

It may end up being the smartest move the team could make.

Before Denver beat Carolina in Super Bowl 50, Siemian told Sporting News "he had to prepare for anything" with Peyton Manning on the brink of retirement and Brock Osweiler on his way to free agency. Manning did retire, and Osweiler did leave for Houston. "Anything" has arrived, only with a twist.

Siemian, once the new default No. 1, has thrown a curveball into what looked like an exclusive, offseason-long competition between veteran addition Mark Sanchez and rookie first-rounder Paxton Lynch. Now it's hard to not believe that it has become a full-blown three-man battle as the team opens mandatory minicamp.

Read more here..
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/broncos-quarterback-battle-minicamp-trevor-siemian-mark-sanchez-paxton-lynch-gary-kubiak/1hwpjnmuxmpkz190weyjyiancj

TXBRONC
06-08-2016, 11:38 AM

To bad.

Cugel
06-08-2016, 12:09 PM
Trevor Siemian is a career backup. Sanchez is a place-holder until Lynch is ready to start and Lynch is their
QB of the future.

Only way Siemian gets one start is if Sanchez screws up to the point they don't trust him as the day 1 starter and Lynch isn't ready. But Siemian has a "future" with the team in the same way that Kubiak himself had a "future" with the Broncos as a backup to Elway. He's never going to be the long-term starter in Denver.

If they thought Siemian could do that they would never have wasted a 1st round pick on Lynch, let alone moved up in the draft to get him.

If Lynch doesn't pan out, they will draft another "QB of the future". It won't be Siemian in any case. How many sixth or seventh round draft picks not named Tom Brady can you name who are starters in the NFL, let alone good players? Tyrod Taylor? Maybe? That's about it though, unless I'm missing someone.

Northman
06-08-2016, 12:50 PM
Sometimes i wonder if the media reads this forum.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/broncos-quarterback-battle-minicamp-trevor-siemian-mark-sanchez-paxton-lynch-gary-kubiak/1hwpjnmuxmpkz190weyjyiancj

Trevor Siemian went from surprise seventh-round pick to Super Bowl champion in a wild ride with the Broncos in 2015. So it shouldn't be shocking if he goes all the way from third-stringer to starting quarterback in Year 2.
It may end up being the smartest move the team could make.

Before Denver beat Carolina in Super Bowl 50, Siemian told Sporting News "he had to prepare for anything" with Peyton Manning on the brink of retirement and Brock Osweiler on his way to free agency. Manning did retire, and Osweiler did leave for Houston. "Anything" has arrived, only with a twist.Siemian, once the new default No. 1, has thrown a curveball into what looked like an exclusive, offseason-long competition between veteran addition Mark Sanchez and rookie first-rounder Paxton Lynch. Now it's hard to not believe that it has become a full-blown three-man battle as the team opens mandatory minicamp.
The Broncos, much like the defense-dominated Seahawks in 2012, have been wise to turn the position into a true equal-opportunity proposition. The difference is it's already clear that Lynch is their Russell Wilson, their desired franchise QB for the long term.

BroncoWave
06-08-2016, 01:12 PM
Why are you being so argumentative over a simple comment... a comment that wasn't insulting or attacking at anyone. It's a very common expression, and one that is discussed in football circles over and over again. The suggestion that he's making is that Kubiak wants to be sure that no one feels they are guaranteed anything purely based on draft position. It's really not that hard, and doing your best to fight on semantics is childish.

Ravage, you complaining about how argumentative I am while at the same time trying to pick a fight with me is like the people who say they hate how much Tebow is talked about, but they involve themselves in every conversation about him.

Maybe if you didn't insert yourself into every "argument" I have with another poster your problem would be solved.

Valar Morghulis
06-08-2016, 01:32 PM
To bad.

Where is that and who is going?

FanInAZ
06-08-2016, 09:44 PM
I’ll make it simple; I’m rooting for everyone who is affiliated with the Broncos to exceed expectations, including the janitorial staff. :D

Simple Jaded
06-08-2016, 11:50 PM
Where is that and who is going?

Pretty sure that's in France.

ChairmanBron
06-09-2016, 10:54 AM
Sometimes i wonder if the media reads this forum. ..

They got their researchers snooping around....