PDA

View Full Version : Aqib Talib Shot

Pages : [1] 2

Hardwired
06-05-2016, 03:15 PM
Rebecca Lopez ‏@rlopezwfaa (https://twitter.com/rlopezwfaa)4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/rlopezwfaa/status/739549799578370048)Cedar Hill, TX (https://twitter.com/search?q=place%3A4233ec320eb73634)

Sources say NFL player Aqib Talib reportedly shot after fight at the V Live club in Dallas and is at Medical City hospital.

BroncoWave
06-05-2016, 03:22 PM
Aqib Talib getting shot outside of a Dallas nightclub might be the least shocking headline ever, unfortunately.

Assuming this is true (haven't seen it reported by any of the Denver or national media), I do hope he is ok.

Hardwired
06-05-2016, 03:25 PM
Cameron Wolfe retweeted it, but I'm thinking Dallas nightlife in general is a good place for NFL players to stay away from.

BroncoWave
06-05-2016, 03:26 PM
Cameron Wolfe retweeted it, but I'm thinking Dallas nightlife in general is a good place for NFL players to stay away from.

NFL teams should start putting it into players contracts that they are banned from nightclubs in either Dallas or Atlanta.

Dapper Dan
06-05-2016, 03:28 PM
Well that sucks.

Hardwired
06-05-2016, 03:30 PM
http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2016/06/2-injured-in-overnight-shooting-at-v-live-nightclub-in-stemmons-corridor.html/

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2016/06/details-on-broncos-aqib-talib-shot-after-fight-in-strip-club/

Shot in the leg, so they say.

VonDoom
06-05-2016, 03:31 PM
Hope he's okay. There's got to be more to this story over the next few days

Hardwired
06-05-2016, 03:37 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 1m1 minute ago
Aqib Talib was discharged from the ER of the Medical City Hospital earlier today, the hospital confirmed.

Dapper Dan
I wonder if we can get out of paying him $12 million now.

BroncoWave
Mike Klis just confirmed it as well.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-05-2016, 03:38 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 28s28 seconds ago Golden, CO

Aqib Talib suffered minor leg injury from gunshot wound. Broncos have been in touch with him and are working to find more information #9news

Denver Native (Carol)
06-05-2016, 03:43 PM
Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington 5m

More info about incident from Dallas Morning News as it relates to Aqib Talib, which calls Talib one of two victims:

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington 10m

I just spoke to Medical City Hospital, and they tell me Aqib Talib was released from the emergency room today and is no longer in hospital.

Dapper Dan
06-05-2016, 03:50 PM
I don't know if there's any such thing as a minor gunshot wound. But it's a good sign that he has been released from the hospital.

underrated29
06-05-2016, 03:53 PM
And it's not his brother this time?

Tned
06-05-2016, 03:59 PM
I don't know if there's any such thing as a minor gunshot wound. But it's a good sign that he has been released from the hospital.

True, but from football perspective, probably big difference as to whether there is bone or major muscle/vascular involvement, vs. just a surface nick.

tubby
06-05-2016, 04:05 PM
Sounds about right. #hoodasfuk

GEM
06-05-2016, 04:07 PM
Time for Roby to take his place for the future.

VonDoom
06-05-2016, 04:10 PM
He's got to stay out of these Dallas clubs

Timmy!
06-05-2016, 04:13 PM
Erry buddy in da club gettin tipsy. And shot.

GEM
06-05-2016, 04:18 PM
The guy who shot him didn't take kindly to being poked inn the eye. :D

VonDoom
06-05-2016, 04:26 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 18m18 minutes ago Golden, CO

Source close to Aqib Talib says it was "accidental"gunshot wound #9news #9sports

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 16m16 minutes ago

Aqib Talib appears to have escaped major injury in Dallas nightclub shorting. Still a terrifying scenario.

Patrick Smyth ‏@psmyth12 2m2 minutes ago

We've spoken with Aqib Talib, who is being treated at a Dallas hospital for a gunshot wound to his leg. He's OK & we're gathering more info.

Tned
06-05-2016, 04:28 PM
The guy who shot him didn't take kindly to being poked inn the eye. :D

Damn you, you stole the my line I was just about to post. :mad:

Denver Native (Carol)
06-05-2016, 04:31 PM
Denver Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib has been released from a hospital after suffering a gunshot wound to his leg, according to ESPN's Jeff Legwold and multiple reports.

Talib was treated at an emergency room in a Dallas hospital Sunday after reportedly being shot at a Dallas night club.

The news was first reported by WFAA-TV.

The Broncos are scheduled to be honored by President Barack Obama at the White House on Monday. It is unclear if Talib will be making the trip.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15978684/denver-broncos-cb-aqib-talib-released-hospital-being-shot-leg

NightTerror218
06-05-2016, 04:50 PM
Roby can easily fill his shoes IMO. The question is slot corner.

Nomad
06-05-2016, 04:56 PM
Didn't he have an altercation in a Dallas night club before, and it involved a gun. It's hard to keep track on these players.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Talib runs in rough crowds.

chazoe60
06-05-2016, 05:02 PM
I love Talib. My wife an I call him Thug Life.

dogfish
06-05-2016, 05:05 PM
sooo hood. . .

and stop with the releasing him crap unless HE shoots somebody. . . dude is an integral part of our defense. . . yes, roby can replace him-- who's going to replace harris or roby if one of them misses time? having three elite corners is one of the two things that makes this defense what it is-- elway isn't giving that up, forget it. . .

Denver Native (Carol)
06-05-2016, 05:15 PM
Didn't he have an altercation in a Dallas night club before, and it involved a gun. It's hard to keep track on these players.

That might have been when it was his brother, but it was first reported that it was Aqib. He was in Denver at the time it happened.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-05-2016, 05:17 PM
SportsCenter Verified account ‏@SportsCenter 20m

UPDATE: Aqib Talib continues to be treated at the hospital after being released from the emergency room.

chazoe60
06-05-2016, 05:17 PM
Why is everyone pissed at Talib, dude didn't shoot himself. I hope I never get shot all you ******s would abandon me too.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-05-2016, 05:18 PM
Mike Klis Verified account ‏@MikeKlis 1h1 hour ago Golden, CO

Source close to Aqib Talib says it was "accidental"gunshot wound #9news #9sports

Denver Native (Carol)
06-05-2016, 05:19 PM
Patrick Smyth ‏@psmyth12 54m

We've spoken with Aqib Talib, who is being treated at a Dallas hospital for a gunshot wound to his leg. He's OK & we're gathering more info.

Nomad
06-05-2016, 05:27 PM
That might have been when it was his brother, but it was first reported that it was Aqib. He was in Denver at the time it happened.

Thanks.......I guess I didn't know he had a brother.

Dapper Dan
06-05-2016, 05:34 PM
Why is everyone pissed at Talib, dude didn't shoot himself. I hope I never get shot all you ******s would abandon me too.

It's expected in Texas. Those people are crazy.

Northman

I wouldnt abandon you but i would laugh at you. Im cruel i know.

Denver Native (Carol)
Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib suffered a non-life-threatening gunshot wound in his leg during an incident in Dallas early Sunday.

According to WFAA-TV, Talib was one of multiple victims in tha shooting at the VLive night club on 1311 Empire Central Drive. Police told the Dallas Morning News that a patron pulled a gun and shot one person inside the club. A fight ensued outside the club, where another was shot.

Talib, a North Texas native, was taken to Medical City Dallas Hospital with a non-life-threatening injury, according to a hospital representative, who told The Post that he has since been discharged from the emergency room.

“We’ve spoken with Aqib Talib, who is being treated at a Dallas hospital for a gunshot wound to his leg,” Patrick Smyth, the Broncos’ vice president of public relations, tweeted Sunday afternoon. “He’s OK & we’re gathering more info.”

Fellow Broncos cornerback Kayvon Webster later tweeted: “My boy Talib is fine thanking man upstairs!”

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/05/broncos-aqib-talib-reportedly-shot-at-dallas-night-club/

GEM
06-05-2016, 05:46 PM
sooo hood. . .

and stop with the releasing him crap unless HE shoots somebody. . . dude is an integral part of our defense. . . yes, roby can replace him-- who's going to replace harris or roby if one of them misses time? having three elite corners is one of the two things that makes this defense what it is-- elway isn't giving that up, forget it. . .

I wouldn't release him, it's just nice that if we had to we have a quality corner behind him.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-05-2016, 05:48 PM

You dumbass, why did you get shot ! You shoulda been bobbin' and weavin'.

:laugh:

dogfish
06-05-2016, 06:10 PM
You dumbass, why did you get shot ! You shoulda been bobbin' and weavin'.

:laugh:

lol, check out big al droppin' the Friday reference. . .

:bandit:

TXBRONC
06-05-2016, 06:37 PM

You've already been abandoned.

slim
06-05-2016, 07:04 PM
Who among us hasn't been shot in the leg outside a Dallas strip club?

OrangeHoof
06-05-2016, 07:20 PM
It's expected in Texas. Those people are crazy.

Yea. Don't move to Texas. We're "open carry" and we shoot anything that moves. "He needed killin'" is a valid legal defense here.

OrangeHoof
06-05-2016, 07:24 PM
Fellow Broncos cornerback Kayvon Webster later tweeted: “My boy Talib is fine thanking man upstairs!”

After deleting his initial tweet which was "Hot damn! I might finally get some playing time!"

OrangeHoof
06-05-2016, 07:27 PM
There's no truth to the rumor that the argument started when a bar patron proclaimed that Wes Welker was a damn fine blocker.

tomjonesrocks
06-05-2016, 07:57 PM
Hell of a corner, but it's not going to end well for this guy when his playing days are over.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-05-2016, 08:02 PM
Mike Klis Retweeted
Rebecca Lopez ‏@rlopezwfaa 3h3 hours ago Desoto, TX

Police believe Aqib Talib was shot at Dallas night club but he reportedly told police he was shot at a different location.

Mike Klis Retweeted
Rebecca Lopez ‏@rlopezwfaa 3h3 hours ago Desoto, TX

Sources say Aqib Talib was driven to hospital in his Rolls Royce after being shot in leg.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1h

So new development is Aqib Talib gunshot wound to lower right leg. Expected to be released from hospital soon and make full recovery. #9news

Denver Native (Carol)
06-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Denver Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib suffered a gunshot wound to his lower right leg and was being treated at a Dallas hospital Sunday.

A team source told ESPN's Ed Werder that Talib did not require surgery, and the Broncos do not believe he suffered any serious injuries that would significantly impede his ability to participate in offseason preparations for a Denver team seeking to defend its Super Bowl championship.

Broncos executive vice president John Elway and head coach Gary Kubiak have both spoken to Talib, who is expected to be released from Medical City Hospital no later than Monday, the source said.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15978684/denver-broncos-cb-aqib-talib-suffers-gunshot-wound-leg

TXBRONC
06-05-2016, 09:04 PM

I haven't.

Simple Jaded
06-05-2016, 09:08 PM
After deleting his initial tweet which was "Hot damn! I might finally get some playing time!"

There's no truth to the rumor that the argument started when a bar patron proclaimed that Wes Welker was a damn fine blocker.

#dadjokes

Poet
06-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Talib is still my boy.

BroncoWave
06-05-2016, 09:40 PM
Has anything good ever happened for an NFL player in a nightclub in Dallas or Atlanta?

Poet
06-05-2016, 09:43 PM
Has anything good ever happened for an NFL player in a nightclub in Dallas or Atlanta?

I'd say (at least ostensibly) the sex, drugs, booze, and partying, but they can do that just about anywhere else.

atwater27
06-05-2016, 09:49 PM

atwater27
06-05-2016, 09:50 PM
If he pulled a Plaxico Burress, its a good thing he was in Texas and not Communist New York.

Tned
06-05-2016, 09:52 PM
If he pulled a Plaxico Burress, its a good thing he was in Texas and not Communist New York.

If he pulled a Burress, he's an idiot for not knowing that if you have a DAO gun in your pocket, it sure as hell needs to be in a holster or have a trigger guard on it.

VonDoom
06-05-2016, 09:56 PM
Patrick Smyth ‏@psmyth12 4m4 minutes ago

Update on Aqib Talib: He's expected to be released from the hospital Monday but won't be able to join the team for its trip to Washington.

Poet
06-05-2016, 11:13 PM

Update on Aqib Talib: He's expected to be released from the hospital Monday but won't be able to join the team for its trip to Washington.

That's too bad.

Joel
06-05-2016, 11:17 PM
Time for Roby to take his place for the future.
Past time. I wish Talib a full and speedy recovery, but on another team.

Roby can easily fill his shoes IMO. The question is slot corner.
Kayvon Webster. He showed talent his rookie year, just needed experience, and camp reports (FWIW) said he made huge strides in his sophomore offseason: Roby was just so good Webster still couldn't get on the field since we already had Harris and Talib starting. The only question, IMHO, is who's our dime/backup CB when any of the starting trio is hurt or gassed.

Same reason no one gives NE* the benefit of a doubt over Deflategate: Because of a long preexisting pattern of behavior resulting in similar incidents.

I'm sorry the dude got shot and hope he's OK, but am also sorry he keeps doing things that tend to get people shot.

Poet
06-05-2016, 11:24 PM
Dogfish nailed it in regards to Talib's value to the team.

GEM
06-06-2016, 12:16 AM

It's funny, DMac and Big Al were just talking last week saying no pre-season games in Dallas as nothing good happens to the Broncos during pre-season in Dallas.

Joel
06-06-2016, 12:25 AM
Dogfish nailed it in regards to Talib's value to the team.
I disagree. Harris is MY boy, Roby shut DOWN a HoFer on Opening Day as a ROOKIE, and, again, Webster was already a promising rookie before Robys arrival relegated him to sub duties despite reportedly massive training camp improvement. That's the full trio of top flight CBs, none of whom are injury prone, >30 (at a speed position,) dirty (much less PROUD of it) or eating $10M+ of cap space. Talib's not THAT valuable, especially with the headaches he also brings.

Hawgdriver
06-06-2016, 12:53 AM
It's too bad Talib and (ugh, what's his name, the invisible 2d round WR draft pick...think!) didn't get their signals crossed, so that Talib was arrested for parking tickets or whatever, and the WR dude (seriously can't remember his name) took a slug to the leg.

Poet
06-06-2016, 12:57 AM
It's too bad Talib and (ugh, what's his name, the invisible 2d round WR draft pick...think!) didn't get their signals crossed, so that Talib was arrested for parking tickets or whatever, and the WR dude (seriously can't remember his name) took a slug to the leg.

Lattimer. The WR you hate is named Lattimer.

Timmy!
06-06-2016, 01:03 AM
I disagree. Harris is MY boy, Roby shut DOWN a HoFer on Opening Day as a ROOKIE, and, again, Webster was already a promising rookie before Robys arrival relegated him to sub duties despite reportedly massive training camp improvement. That's the full trio of top flight CBs, none of whom are injury prone, >30 (at a speed position,) dirty (much less PROUD of it) or eating $10M+ of cap space. Talib's not THAT valuable, especially with the headaches he also brings.

The steelers playoff game got him a mulligan in my book. #thuglife

Hawgdriver
06-06-2016, 01:12 AM
Lattimer. The WR you hate is named Lattimer.

That's the dude. Tip of my tongue. I don't hate him. I'm not a hater. I just can't remember him, and would rather he was the one shot. Not that I want anyone shot.

Poet
06-06-2016, 01:41 AM
I don't think the notion that Webster existing makes Talib expendable. Depth is also a thing...

Simple Jaded
06-06-2016, 02:13 AM
Do you ever get sick of being wrong?

sneakers
06-06-2016, 06:13 AM
That'll teach him to ever leave the house

Northman
06-06-2016, 06:19 AM
Well, i leave the house all the time and dont get shot. Just saying.... lol

Dapper Dan
06-06-2016, 06:55 AM
Well, i leave the house all the time and dont get shot. Just saying.... lol

And you live in Baltimore? You're just asking for it.

Tned
06-06-2016, 07:40 AM
Mabye already posted, but according to Scheffter, the bullet passed through the leg cleanly and he only required stitches.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/739792312918675456

BroncoNut
06-06-2016, 09:06 AM

vital organ vs not so vital organ system, I would think

yeah, it will be interesting to see how this pans out.

BroncoNut
06-06-2016, 09:07 AM

North lives in Dundalk

chazoe60
06-06-2016, 09:34 AM
"We don't need Talib, we have Webster" = funniest take ever.

artie_dale
06-06-2016, 09:47 AM
So, here is what I've gathered...

Aquib Talib accidentally shot in leg at a Strip Joint.

Only needed stitches (no major area was damaged) and will be released from hospital today.

My concerns:

WTF is up with our DBs, night clubs, and getting shot???? (RIP D-Will)

One of the most important body parts, if not THE MOST IMPORTANT, is a DB's legs. How will this impact him this season? Will this open the door for Robes? (Boy I'm glad we have Robes)

If he was at a strip joint, I wonder how this impacts his relationship with his wife/family. I mean, sure he's a grown man, and I'd hop his wife would be relieved that he is okay, but if he lied about where he was and made national headlines for the incident, I wonder if his wife would be embarrassed and if this puts a rift in their relationship. The ONLY reason I wonder about this is because of how it will affect him on the field (me = selfish when it comes to my Broncos).

The moral side of me is glad it was a minor... gun shot to the leg (is there such a thing as a minor gunshot to any part of the body?).

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-06-2016, 10:09 AM
"We don't need Talib, we have Webster" = funniest take ever.

I don't think funny means what you think it means.

TXBRONC
06-06-2016, 10:26 AM

Nightclubs in any big city always have potential for trouble.

OrangeHoof
06-06-2016, 12:13 PM
I think missing the trip to DC is karmic punishment enough.

BroncoNut
06-06-2016, 12:19 PM

damn. we need him there

VonDoom
06-06-2016, 12:59 PM
Rebecca Lopez ‏@rlopezwfaa 17m17 minutes ago Texas, USA

Aqib Talib told DPD he was at a park when he was shot. "Everything was a blur & I was too intoxicated to remember what happened."

ChairmanBron
06-06-2016, 01:09 PM
Football players and Dallas strip clubs. Not a good combination...

Northman
06-06-2016, 01:14 PM

Especially being a Bronco fan.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-06-2016, 01:22 PM
"Too intoxicated to remember what happened".

Thanks for keeping it real Aqib. :laugh:

NightTerror218
06-06-2016, 01:50 PM
Past time. I wish Talib a full and speedy recovery, but on another team.

Kayvon Webster. He showed talent his rookie year, just needed experience, and camp reports (FWIW) said he made huge strides in his sophomore offseason: Roby was just so good Webster still couldn't get on the field since we already had Harris and Talib starting. The only question, IMHO, is who's our dime/backup CB when any of the starting trio is hurt or gassed.

Same reason no one gives NE* the benefit of a doubt over Deflategate: Because of a long preexisting pattern of behavior resulting in similar incidents.

I'm sorry the dude got shot and hope he's OK, but am also sorry he keeps doing things that tend to get people shot.

Read a camp report webstwr could be on bubble since he was moved to safety a lot and 2 werw drafted. But who knows.

Dzone
06-06-2016, 02:12 PM

Aqib Talib told DPD he was at a park when he was shot. "Everything was a blur & I was too intoxicated to remember what happened."

Wow, this takes it to a whole new level of stupid

GEM
06-06-2016, 02:12 PM
http://kdvr.com/2016/06/06/broncos-aqib-talib-dallas-shooting-video/

TMZ has a video of the shooting. You don't see it, but you hear 4 shots ring out. Multiple sources connected to the investigation say the video does sync up with the Talib incident. Video in the link.

LTC Pain
06-06-2016, 03:08 PM

A strip club park?!?!?!?!

OrangeHoof
06-06-2016, 03:23 PM
A strip club park?!?!?!?!
Certain alternative lifestyles do their thing in the park. Just sayin'.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-06-2016, 04:46 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 26m26 minutes ago Washington, DC

Gary Kubiak said Aqib Talib has been released from hospital. Police said bullet wound went in rear of right thigh and out right calf #9news

Dzone
06-06-2016, 04:57 PM
A 4 game suspension might wise him up but thats doubtful. He seems destined to be the team drama queen

ChairmanBron
06-06-2016, 05:02 PM

Gary Kubiak said Aqib Talib has been released from hospital. Police said bullet wound went in rear of right thigh and out right calf #9news

I can't imagine that. How does a bullet go through his thigh and out his calf, and only require a few stitches? Maybe in and out the thigh and then in and out of the calf?

Tned
06-06-2016, 05:58 PM

That just doesn't sound pleasant.

LawDog
06-06-2016, 06:04 PM
I can't imagine that. How does a bullet go through his thigh and out his calf, and only require a few stitches? Maybe in and out the thigh and then in and out of the calf?

Bullets have historically taken strange -- counter to the laws of physics -- trajectories in the Dallas area. #MagicBullet #Nov22_1963

Dapper Dan
06-06-2016, 06:16 PM
Bullets have historically taken strange -- counter to the laws of physics -- trajectories in the Dallas area. #MagicBullet #Nov22_1963

Ted Cruz's dad shot Aqib Talib!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-06-2016, 06:21 PM
That almost sounds like he shot himself. If it didn't hit bone I don't see how it could take a downward angle through deflection. The shooter would have to be at point blank range.

Dapper Dan
06-06-2016, 06:24 PM

The real question is, was Ben Roethlisberger in Dallas recently?

turftoad
06-06-2016, 06:41 PM
That almost sounds like he shot himself. If it didn't hit bone I don't see how it could take a downward angle through deflection. The shooter would have to be at point blank range.

He could have been sitting down and was taking it out of his pocket then it went off. Who knows.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-06-2016, 06:45 PM
He could have been sitting down and was taking it out of his pocket then it went off. Who knows.

I carry all the time, but I would not carry in a night club if I knew I was gonna get hammered. Booze and guns don't mix, but I'm not Talib.

If you feel you need a gun for protection then pay someone to be your body gaurd for the night.

VonDoom
06-06-2016, 06:57 PM

Funny you should say that:

Talib has told people close to him he accidently shot himself, but police are still investigating the matter

http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/talib-to-miss-rest-of-broncos-offseason-work-with-gunshot-wounds/234475305

Dapper Dan
06-06-2016, 06:59 PM
I carry all the time, but I would not carry in a night club if I knew I was gonna get hammered. Booze and guns don't mix, but I'm not Talib.

If you feel you need a gun for protection then pay someone to be your body gaurd for the night.

I'm sure each state is different. But I think you're not supposed to have guns in nightclubs and bars.

Dapper Dan
06-06-2016, 07:00 PM
Funny you should say that:

http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/talib-to-miss-rest-of-broncos-offseason-work-with-gunshot-wounds/234475305

Oh ****.

Tned
06-06-2016, 07:09 PM
I'm sure each state is different. But I think you're not supposed to have guns in nightclubs and bars.

Texas does not allow it. They have 51% signs up in the areas of a restaurant that is a "bar" or in establishments that are bars (51% or more of the revenue is from alcohol). Besides the fact I'm guessing Texas doesn't allow carrying while under the influence (but that part I'm only guessing about, because I don't carry when drinking).

You also can't carry in a place with a 30.06 sign, but that's different than the bar sign.

Tned
06-06-2016, 07:12 PM

Yea, I was wondering if he had it in his back pocket, or the small of his back. Anyone know if he's left handed, would almost have to be for it to go through his thigh/calf if in the small of his back and went off on a draw. If in his back pocket, it could happen drawing with right hand I guess.

Can't quite figure out, if report is correct, how it goes in thigh and out calf without trashing the knee. What it might turn out to be is that it went in and out of the thigh and then in and out of the calf, which would make more sense. Also, sounds like a FMJ or something with little to no expansion.

atwater27
06-06-2016, 07:21 PM
When I carry, I never carry with one in the pipe for that reason. The only reason you should have on in the chamber is if there is something about to go down and you are alert and hyper aware. I know there are multi safeties on most newer guns now, but the trigger pull is so slight on a cocked pistol that it is somewhat crazy to carry them around everywhere like that. Why I prefer a shrouded hammer .38 special to carry.

atwater27
06-06-2016, 07:22 PM
Yea, I was wondering if he had it in his back pocket, or the small of his back. Anyone know if he's left handed, would almost have to be for it to go through his thigh/calf if in the small of his back and went off on a draw. If in his back pocket, it could happen drawing with right hand I guess.

Can't quite figure out, if report is correct, how it goes in thigh and out calf without trashing the knee. What it might turn out to be is that it went in and out of the thigh and then in and out of the calf, which would make more sense. Also, sounds like a FMJ or something with little to no expansion.

Well pro athletes have pretty big calves. and his leg could have been bent sideways.

atwater27
06-06-2016, 07:25 PM
Of course it goes without saying that a responsible concealed carrier doesn't get inebriated

Tned
06-06-2016, 07:29 PM
When I carry, I never carry with one in the pipe for that reason. The only reason you should have on in the chamber is if there is something about to go down and you are alert and hyper aware. I know there are multi safeties on most newer guns now, but the trigger pull is so slight on a cocked pistol that it is somewhat crazy to carry them around everywhere like that. Why I prefer a shrouded hammer .38 special to carry.

Well, this isn't a gun debate, so I won't respond to that nonsense and ask why you even both carrying then -- gonna ask the bad guy to give you a few seconds to rack the slide. I'll save that for another day and another discussion.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-06-2016, 07:31 PM
Of course it goes without saying that a responsible concealed carrier doesn't get inebriated

I would say so.

OrangeHoof
06-06-2016, 07:38 PM
Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left.

I guess that explains how the shots came from a park. lol

It must have been Bill Belichick. Brady would have been more accurate - Unless he had Von draped all over him at the time.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-06-2016, 07:44 PM
We're still learning about what happened in Dallas when Denver Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib was shot, and some of the details don't make a lot of sense yet.

Rebecca Lopez, who works at WFAA in Dallas covering the police beat and has broken many details on this story, shared some interesting tidbits on Monday. First, Lopez reported that Talib told police, "Everything was a blur and I was too intoxicated to remember what happened."

TMZ published a video which is said to be from outside the club in which Dallas police said a shooting happened in the early morning hours on Sunday. You can hear four shots on the video. Lopez said that the Dallas Police Department was "looking into the possibility Talib was at a nightclub not a park when he and two other people were shot."

Aqib Talib told DPD he was hanging out with a large group at this park when he was shot at 3:40 Sunday Morning pic.twitter.com/RXHQ1ciN4t
— Rebecca Lopez (@rlopezwfaa) June 6, 2016

Then Lopez, citing the police report, reported the bullet that hit Talib entered through rear of his right thigh and exited out his right calf. The physics of that are hard to imagine, though it would seem to indicate a bullet coming straight down Talib's leg.

rest - http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/aqib-talib-shooting-details-are-coming-in--and-they-re-confusing-222343481.html

tomjonesrocks
06-06-2016, 07:58 PM
What a mess. Sounds there's piles and piles of BS to sift through.

Tned
06-06-2016, 08:02 PM
Maybe someone shot in the air and it caught him in the thigh on the way down.

tomjonesrocks
06-06-2016, 08:11 PM
Maybe someone shot in the air and it caught him in the thigh on the way down.

I guess the getting hit while sitting seems most likely.

Unless he got shot at from a 4th-story window or as you said a bullet ricocheted off the ceiling while he was drunk off his ass making it rain at the scrip club.

So bizarre.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-06-2016, 08:42 PM
9 news is reporting that Talib reported he accidentally shot himself.

It's important not to shoot yourself when returning fire.

Tned
06-06-2016, 09:00 PM
It's important not to shoot yourself when returning fire.

And...

to not point the pointy end with a hole in it at anything that you aren't willing to destroy...

and, and...

not to put your finger on the trigger until you're ready for the stick to go boom, baby, boom...

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-06-2016, 09:15 PM
And...

to not point the pointy end with a hole in it at anything that you aren't willing to destroy...

and, and...

not to put your finger on the trigger until you're ready for the stick to go boom, baby, boom...

Haha, that's why holding it when you're inebriated is no bueno.

tomjonesrocks
06-06-2016, 09:30 PM
When do we learn the gun was unlicensed and he's going to jail?

Tned
06-06-2016, 09:41 PM
When do we learn the gun was unlicensed and he's going to jail?

Texas is America, they don't license guns.

olathebroncofan
06-06-2016, 09:50 PM
Ok so let's say that he did go cheddar bob. How is he going to be the same after that. I don't know about bullets and flesh and muscle and what not, but that has got to be an issue.

Tned
06-06-2016, 09:50 PM
Ok so let's say that he did go cheddar bob. How is he going to be the same after that. I don't know about bullets and flesh and muscle and what not, but that has got to be an issue.

Translation please?

Poet
06-06-2016, 09:58 PM
Translation please?

Cheddar Bob is a fictional character from the movie 8 Mile that is most remembered for shooting himself. If Talib went Cheddar Bob and indeed shoot himself how will be the same? The doubt of his ability to revert to prior gunshot wound form lies in the fact that bullets are very tough on flesh and muscle.

This concludes your translations. Have a wonderful day, Tned.

Tned
06-06-2016, 10:00 PM
Cheddar Bob is a fictional character from the movie 8 Mile that is most remembered for shooting himself. If Talib went Cheddar Bob and indeed shoot himself how will be the same? The doubt of his ability to revert to prior gunshot wound form lies in the fact that bullets are very tough on flesh and muscle.

This concludes your translations. Have a wonderful day, Tned.

Thank you King. I was thinking like Sponge Bob, or that awful Cheddar's restaurant they have in the south. I was not getting it.

That said. Great question.

Poet
06-06-2016, 10:02 PM
Thank you King. I was thinking like Sponge Bob, or that awful Cheddar's restaurant they have in the south. I was not getting it.

That said. Great question.

Schefter reported the bullet did not hit any artery or ligaments. It is literally -the jokes are coming- just a flesh wound. The wound will cause him to miss most of the OTAs.

Simple Jaded
06-06-2016, 10:07 PM
I carry all the time...

I like Boise!

tomjonesrocks
06-06-2016, 10:09 PM
Texas is America, they don't license guns.

So it seems he picked the right state to be a dumbass in. What's the worst case scenario in Texas?

Tned
06-06-2016, 10:27 PM
So it seems he picked the right state to be a dumbass in. What's the worst case scenario in Texas?

Depends if he had a concealed carry permit. I would think he would lose it. If he doesn't have one, then he could be charged with having a concealed weapon and no permit.

Most places frown on caring while intoxicated.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-06-2016, 10:30 PM
I like Boise!

Haha, great response.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-06-2016, 10:32 PM
Depends if he had a concealed carry permit. I would think he would lose it. If he doesn't have one, then he could be charged with having a concealed weapon and no permit.

Most places frown on caring while intoxicated.

First they would have to prove he concealed it. For all they know he retrieved it from his car and was carrying it in the open.

I would think at the worst he gets hit with disorderly conduct, public intoxication, and illegally discharging a firearm in the city limits.

I agree he would absolutely lose his ccw, but I doubt he had one. He doesn't strike me as someone who would get one.

Poet
06-07-2016, 10:02 AM
Talib is so tough the bullet realized it ****** up and left ASAP.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-07-2016, 10:03 AM
Talib is so tough the bullet realized it ****** up and left ASAP.

Best take in this thread.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-07-2016, 10:37 AM
from article:

Talib has told people close to him he accidently shot himself, but police are still investigating the matter. WFAA reported Talib told police he was hanging out at a park with friends when he was shot at about 3:40 a.m. Sunday.

“Everything was a blur and I was too intoxicated to remember what happened,” Talib told police, according to WFAA.
Police are looking into whether Talib was shot at a Dallas nightclub V Live, where two other people were shot.

Police identified the other two shooting victims of an “unknown suspect” as Glen Lumpkin and Vernon White.

However, Dallas Police have yet to formally release the case report involving Talib.

full article - http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/talib-to-miss-rest-of-broncos-offseason-work-with-gunshot-wounds/234475305

Poet
06-07-2016, 10:39 AM
I presumed he didn't Plaxico himself. I have never even shot a gun, but I presume it would be difficult to shoot yourself.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-07-2016, 10:45 AM
I presumed he didn't Plaxico himself. I have never even shot a gun, but I presume it would be difficult to shoot yourself.

It wouldn't be difficult if you were intoxicated and staggering about. I'm almost wondering if he shot the other two dudes and is giving them hush money.

The police will likely find the casings and will be able to determine where the shells came from, unless he had someone "cleaning up for him" at the scene, but they should still be able to get the slugs and match those.

dogfish
06-07-2016, 10:48 AM

a pat on the back, and possibly a minor civic award. . .

TXBRONC
06-07-2016, 11:36 AM
Darrent Williams was killed in Denver because night club altercation.

AgentOrange
06-07-2016, 12:49 PM
My guess is that he's saying he was in the park for two reasons. First, the obvious aspect of not being present when two other were shot. Second, carrying in an establishment that servers liquor is probably a felony in Texas.

Apparently he doesn't believe in engaging the safety because cornerback.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-07-2016, 02:49 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3h

Dallas Police release report that says Aqib Talib was victim of "aggravated assault." Police didn't call it "accidental shooting." #9news

Denver Native (Carol)
06-07-2016, 03:22 PM
The NFL is looking into the circumstances surrounding the incident during which Aqib Talib was shot early Sunday, an NFL official told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Texas laws also might present an issue for Talib as police investigate the incident. Under a state law that took effect Jan. 1, a person must have a license to carry a gun.

Carrying a weapon in public without a license into a place that sells alcohol is considered a Class 3 felony. It is a Class A misdemeanor to possess a weapon while intoxicated in Texas (there is no official indication he was intoxicated on the night of the incident), and punishment carries a year in jail. It is a Class B misdemeanor to discharge a weapon in public, and punishment carries up to six months in jail.

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/16023657/nfl-actively-investigating-aqib-talib-shooting

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-07-2016, 04:37 PM
That can't be right. ..Texas may require a license to conceal carry, but not to open carry.

MOtorboat
06-07-2016, 06:20 PM
That can't be right. ..Texas may require a license to conceal carry, but not to open carry.

Sounds like "into a place that sells alcohol" is the issue.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-07-2016, 06:35 PM
Sounds like "into a place that sells alcohol" is the issue.

Yes, but he was in a park when he got shot, allegedly. The article states you have to have a license to carry a gun in Texas, which I believe is incorrect.

Tned
06-07-2016, 10:54 PM

I think the new law allows open carry in restaurants by those with CCW permits, unless the restaurant posts that they don't allow open carry.

If I recall, this may be specific to restaurants.

Joel
06-08-2016, 01:57 AM
It's different for handguns, because even frontier America considered concealment an advantage for ambush, not defence, so began effectively banning them in 1813 (when the Second Amendments author was president:) Carrying ANY hidden gun was illegal, but, since handguns can be easily hidden beneath a shirt or in a waistband, open HANDGUN carry was (and remains) also illegal in most states.

Longstanding TX law permits open LONG gun carry except "in a manner calculated to alarm," but the New Years law also allows LTCs holders to openly carry handguns.

Talib moved to TX as a kid, so may well have an LTC, but if he doesn't, and got shot by a gun HE was carrying, he's screwed, because unlicensed open AND hidden handgun carry remains illegal. That's in addition to any legal repercussions specific to bars. Used to be real simple: Guns were illegal any/everywhere alcohol's sold and/or consumed, which doesn't sound like a big deal until we consider that pretty much every grocery and convenience store in TX sells beer.

Please note: None of the preceding was in any way meant as an endorsement of any specific or general gun law(s).

Broncoknight30
06-08-2016, 04:47 AM
Didn't Plaxico Burress shoot himself and get suspended? I guess it was because he broke NY law. Not because he "shot himself."

So, this is going to all depend on what Texas law is in regards to firing a gun in public, conceal and carry etc. If there is any kind of law that Talib violated, get ready for a hammer to be dropped.

TXBRONC
06-08-2016, 07:41 AM

As I understand it you have to have a license for open carry.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-08-2016, 08:35 AM
As I understand it you have to have a license for open carry.

That surprises me. I thought Texas was an open carry state.

GEM
06-08-2016, 08:42 AM

They just passed the law in January.

OrangeHoof
06-08-2016, 08:46 AM
All I know is they recently expanded gun rights to include college campuses and the campus *********s freaked out over it.

Poet
06-09-2016, 12:06 AM
Oh god...P and R is that way boys.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-09-2016, 12:26 AM

Happy now?

Poet
06-09-2016, 01:22 AM
Happy now?

I'm never happy; I'm a piece of shit.

Go Broncos!

Tned
06-09-2016, 07:59 AM

Happy now?

Go Broncos!

He might not be happy, but King was correct. Thanks for deleting those posts, but feel free to discuss gun issues in P&R, since it's one of my favorite topics.

Davii
06-09-2016, 08:56 AM
He might not be happy, but King was correct. Thanks for deleting those posts, but feel free to discuss gun issues in P&R, since it's one of my favorite topics.

Wow. I don't even know what to do right now. If they keep that kind of stuff up we're going to have to cut staff! :lol:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-09-2016, 10:32 AM

Go Broncos!
No, you're not fecal matter.

I know he was right. That's why I deleted my posts.

Hawgdriver
06-09-2016, 02:48 PM

Go Broncos!

wut

Poet
06-09-2016, 02:57 PM
wut

Go Broncos.

Cugel
06-10-2016, 12:22 PM

Another Monty Python moment.

Monty Python: "Some youngsters on the other hand, are attracted to it by its very illegality. It's like murder - make a thing illegal and it acquires a mystique. Look at arson for example - I mean, how many of us can honestly say that at one time or another he hasn't set fire to some great public building? I know I have! The only way to bring the crime figures down is to reduce the number of offences - get it out in the open - I know I have!"

TXBRONC
06-11-2016, 05:56 PM
That surprises me. I thought Texas was an open carry state.

It is, but you still have to have a license.

However, the 2015 Texas Legislature passed a bill to allow concealed handgun permit holders to begin carrying handguns openly. The bill was signed into law on June 13, 2015, and took effect on January 1, 2016. A License to Carry (LTC) is still required to carry a handgun openly or concealed in public.

This website to the law.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/chl/legal/newlegislation.htm

Joel
06-11-2016, 08:01 PM
It is, but you still have to have a license.

This website to the law.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/chl/legal/newlegislation.htm
It's a bit ambiguous since the new law removed the old "calculated to alarm" part, but looks like open long gun carry still requires no license (only handguns do.)

VonDoom
06-15-2016, 09:58 AM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h1 hour ago

Aqib Talib update, via Dallas PD source: They're struggling to gain intell into what happened. Thus far, few people, if anyone, are talking.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h1 hour ago

Thus far, Dallas PD does not have the weapon used the night Aqib Talib was shot. Few or no witnesses. The club hasn't confirmed he was there

Denver Native (Carol)
07-01-2016, 04:52 PM
Since Aqib Talib exited the hospital after suffering a gunshot wound nearly a month ago, details of the case and investigation have been few and far between.

On Friday, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport obtained the full report on the incident that took place early on June 5 near a bar/nightclub in Dallas.

Per the Dallas Police Department, Talib told an officer he did not know who shot him and a witness said he heard only a single gunshot. The DPD report says an "unknown suspect" shot Talib. The bullet entered into the rear of his right thigh and exited his right calf.

There was no mention within the report that the Broncos corner shot himself or had a gun at the time of the incident -- a possibility investigators had been looking into.

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

Here is the most relevant document from the Dallas PD incident report on #Broncos CB Aqib Talib's situation:
8:55 AM - 1 Jul 2016

The DPD incident report also notes that one gram of marijuana was found by police, but there was no charge for possession.

The NFL is investigating the shooting and Talib faces the possibility of league discipline, Rapoport previously reported.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000672665/article/aqib-talib-incident-report-released-by-dallas-police

some different stuff on the DP
http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/01/aqib-talib-dallas-shooting-investigation-marijuana/

Joel
07-02-2016, 12:49 AM
If it went in through his thigh but left through his calf the only plausible options are that he was shot either 1) accidentally by himself or 2) Tom Cruise Mission Impossible style by someone else. Then again, and as others have noted, bullets do weird things in Dallas.

Occams Razor says he brought a hidden gun to a bar even though that's illegal as Hell, accidentally shot himself, and cooked up the "unknown assailant at a park" story to avoid arrest. If DPD can't or won't offer any evidence of it though we'll probably never know for sure. The bit about not busting him for a joint's a nice touch though; maybe if Von had been enough of an upright citizen to shoot himself with a gun he illegally brought to a strip club he would've avoided the NFL drug protocol.

dogfish
07-02-2016, 01:53 AM
If it went in through his thigh but left through his calf the only plausible options are that he was shot either 1) accidentally by himself or 2) Tom Cruise Mission Impossible style by someone else. Then again, and as others have noted, bullets do weird things in Dallas.

Occams Razor says he brought a hidden gun to a bar even though that's illegal as Hell, accidentally shot himself, and cooked up the "unknown assailant at a park" story to avoid arrest. If DPD can't or won't offer any evidence of it though we'll probably never know for sure. The bit about not busting him for a joint's a nice touch though; maybe if Von had been enough of an upright citizen to shoot himself with a gun he illegally brought to a strip club he would've avoided the NFL drug protocol.

at least he didn't hit anyone else with one of those life-threatening facemasks, though, right?

Simple Jaded
07-02-2016, 04:43 PM
Bitch, bitch bitch.

It may be Occams Razor says that he shot himself in the ass but the part about taking a gun anywhere is pure speculation, we don't know where/who the gun came from and from what I understand he was shot in a park at 4:00 am while the other victims were shot at a strip club two hours earlier.

I get the feeling that you actually want him to be guilty of something and that makes you even douchier. Critical thinking is harder to achieve when you're biased as ****.

Valar Morghulis
07-02-2016, 09:31 PM
Bitch, bitch bitch. It may be Occams Razor says that he shot himself in the ass but the part about taking a gun anywhere is pure speculation, we don't know where/who the gun came from and from what I understand he was shot in a park at 4:00 am while the other victims were shot at a strip club two hours earlier. I get the feeling that you actually want him to be guilty of something and that makes you even douchier. Critical thinking is harder to achieve when you're biased as ****.

I don't think it was occam's razor, I am pretty sure it was a gun, I think it was probably Talib's own gun, but if your certain he was involved in someway perhaps it was occam's

Simple Jaded
07-03-2016, 11:28 PM
I don't think it was occam's razor, I am pretty sure it was a gun, I think it was probably Talib's own gun, but if your certain he was involved in someway perhaps it was occam's

Could be Occams gun, but that's not his MO.

Joel
07-04-2016, 10:18 AM
at least he didn't hit anyone else with one of those life-threatening facemasks, though, right?
Yet, so far as we know. At least this was an accident, not coldly calculated; I suspect going into a titty bar with a gun in his pants involved no calculation at all. ;)

Bitch, bitch bitch.

It may be Occams Razor says that he shot himself in the ass but the part about taking a gun anywhere is pure speculation, we don't know where/who the gun came from and from what I understand he was shot in a park at 4:00 am while the other victims were shot at a strip club two hours earlier.

On Friday, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport obtained the full [police] report on the incident that took place early on June 5 near a bar/nightclub in Dallas.
TALIB said it happened at a park; the COPS say it happened "near" a bar. Talib didn't want to admit he took a gun to a titty bar and accidentally shot himself because it 1) looks "douchey" (mainly because it is) and 2) is a crime. Even the NRA's publicly said guns+dark room full of drunk people=bad idea.

I get the feeling that you actually want him to be guilty of something and that makes you even douchier. Critical thinking is harder to achieve when you're biased as ****.
I get the feeling you'll excuse anything he does, because you consistently DO. Critical thinking says if a bullet went straight down the length of his leg "near" a strip club it wasn't a Midnight Frisbee Golf argument gone horribly wrong: He took a gun to a bar (so IS guilty of something) handled it carelessly and shot himself (twice.)

Joel
07-04-2016, 10:20 AM
No, you're thinking of Chekhov, but it's a natural mistake.

Davii
07-04-2016, 10:50 AM
Yet, so far as we know. At least this was an accident, not coldly calculated; I suspect going into a titty bar with a gun in his pants involved no calculation at all. ;)

TALIB said it happened at a park; the COPS say it happened "near" a bar. Talib didn't want to admit he took a gun to a titty bar and accidentally shot himself because it 1) looks "douchey" (mainly because it is) and 2) is a crime. Even the NRA's publicly said guns+dark room full of drunk people=bad idea.

I get the feeling you'll excuse anything he does, because you consistently DO. Critical thinking says if a bullet went straight down the length of his leg "near" a strip club it wasn't a Midnight Frisbee Golf argument gone horribly wrong: He took a gun to a bar (so IS guilty of something) handled it carelessly and shot himself (twice.)

Prove it Joel. You're stating it as fact so obviously you have some form of proof, right?

Joel
07-04-2016, 12:11 PM
Prove it Joel. You're stating it as fact so obviously you have some form of proof, right?

On Friday, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport obtained the full report on the incident that took place early on June 5 near a bar/nightclub in Dallas.

Per the Dallas Police Department, Talib told an officer he did not know who shot him and a witness said he heard only a single gunshot. The DPD report says an "unknown suspect" shot Talib. The bullet entered into the rear of his right thigh and exited his right calf.

There was no mention within the report that the Broncos corner shot himself or had a gun at the time of the incident -- a possibility investigators had been looking into.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000672665/article/aqib-talib-incident-report-released-by-dallas-police

Police told the Dallas Morning News that a patron pulled a gun and shot one person inside the club. A fight ensued outside the club, where another was shot... http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/05/broncos-aqib-talib-reportedly-shot-at-dallas-night-club/

That almost sounds like he shot himself. If it didn't hit bone I don't see how it could take a downward angle through deflection. The shooter would have to be at point blank range.Funny you should say that:

Talib has told people close to him he accidently shot himself, but police are still investigating the matter

Aqib Talib told DPD he was hanging out with a large group at this park when he was shot at 3:40 Sunday Morning pic.twitter.com/RXHQ1ciN4t
— Rebecca Lopez (@rlopezwfaa) June 6, 2016

Then Lopez, citing the police report, reported the bullet that hit Talib entered through rear of his right thigh and exited out his right calf. The physics of that are hard to imagine, though it would seem to indicate a bullet coming straight down Talib's leg.

Everyone (else) is going slow and steady because the last time people "went off half-cocked" it turned out cops were looking for Talibs brother, not him. But we DO have multiple concrete facts: A bullet went down his whole leg at 3:40AM on a Sunday outside a bar, Talib told friends he shot himself, and he told cops he was too drunk to remember what happened. That is,

AQIB TALIB HIMSELF ADMITS HE SHOT HIMSELF WHILE ILLEGALLY DRUNK WITH A GUN.

The SOLE doubt's whether he committed the ADDITIONAL crime of illegally bringing a gun into a bar, or—at HALF PAST 3AM ON A SUNDAY MORNING—he was at a park that was just coincidentally "nearby" a bar, where there just happened to be a fight. That doubt doesn't seem "reasonable," and there's NO doubt about the other crime he ADMITTED. You can take the thug out of the 'hood, but....

If I had to guess about the few things that still permit guesses, I'd say someone else illegally brought another gun into the bar and ultimately shot someone, so Talib went for his own gun to defend himself and/or others—but he was drunk, and carrying a pistol tucked in his pants with a chambered round (like the thug he is,) so he accidentally fired it as he tried to draw it, causing the bullet to travel the length of his leg. And since it's illegal to have a gun in a bar, illegal to carry it while drunk and illegal to have a gram of weed in his pocket under any circumstances, he left before the cops arrived, then fed them some BS story about getting shot by someone ELSE while he was at a park. At 3:40 AM, on a Sunday, near a bar, where someone just got shot in a fight. Or so Talib's heard: He wasn't there. ;)

Davii
07-04-2016, 12:57 PM
Got it. You have speculation with no proof. Thanks.

Timmy!
07-04-2016, 01:10 PM
Lol

Joel
07-04-2016, 01:19 PM
Got it. You have speculation with no proof. Thanks.
Most juries accept confessions as proof. And police and hospital reports aren't "speculation;" they go out of their way to avoid speculation.

MOtorboat
07-04-2016, 01:31 PM
Most juries accept confessions as proof. And police and hospital reports aren't "speculation;" they go out of their way to avoid speculation.

Talib hasn't "confessed." You should read what you posted again.

O <-----This is a circle. It represents Joel's posts so that he can always claim to be right.

Joel
07-04-2016, 01:46 PM
Talib hasn't "confessed." You should read what you posted again.

Talib has told people close to him he accidently shot himself, but police are still investigating the matter. WFAA reported Talib told police he was hanging out at a park with friends when he was shot at about 3:40 a.m. Sunday.

“Everything was a blur and I was too intoxicated to remember what happened,” Talib told police, according to WFAA.

full article - http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/talib-to-miss-rest-of-broncos-offseason-work-with-gunshot-wounds/234475305
Talib confessed shooting himself while drunk: That means he was drunk with a gun, which is illegal. Unless he was too drunk to remember whether he shot himself.

O <-----This is a circle. It represents Joel's posts so that he can always claim to be right.
This isn't (or shouldn't be) about me, you, pissing contests nor orange-colored glasses: It's about TALIB HIMSELF ADMITS.

MOtorboat
07-04-2016, 01:48 PM
Talib confessed shooting himself while drunk: That means he was drunk with a gun, which is illegal. Unless he was too drunk to remember whether he shot himself.

This isn't (or shouldn't be) about me, you, pissing contests nor orange-colored glasses: It's about TALIB HIMSELF ADMITS.

No. He told police he didn't know what happened. You want him to be guilty because you have an ax to grind.

Davii
07-04-2016, 03:17 PM

According to whom Joel? "People close to him"? LOL!

Valar Morghulis
07-04-2016, 03:49 PM
No, you're thinking of Chekhov, but it's a natural mistake.

Chekhov...The guy from star trek?

Simple Jaded
07-04-2016, 07:37 PM
So, we're taking second/third hand gossip (TALIB told people close to him) as a confession to literally everything but reject Talib's direct words (that he was shot at a park) to support something only you are saying?

Biased and douchy af.

Btw, I personally don't care if he's a thug, I can't understand this as a reason to hope he committed crimes that would get him off one of the 32-or-so NFL teams I root for.

Simple Jaded
07-04-2016, 07:55 PM

I don't "excuse" shit Joel, I accept it, he is who he is and there's zero crime in that. Facemask and eye gouging, proven SB winning ingredients. Suck it WORLD!

I admitted that it's Occam's razor that he shot himself, read again, nowhere does that indicate that he couldn't have shot himself in the ass at the park with a gun that never went inside a strip club on his person.

Even TMZ is failing to connect the dots you've insisted are confession, and they're the Douche Mothership.

Joel
07-04-2016, 09:19 PM
I don't "excuse" shit Joel, I accept it, he is who he is and there's zero crime in that. Facemask and eye gouging, proven SB winning ingredients. Suck it WORLD!

I admitted that it's Occam's razor that he shot himself, read again, nowhere does that indicate that he couldn't have shot himself in the ass at the park with a gun that never went inside a strip club on his person.
He also told cops he was too drunk to remember what happened, which means he was drunk with a gun, which is illegal. That's if we accept that he was REALLY at a park at 3:40AM on a Sunday and NEVER at the coincidentally "nearby" bar where there happened to be a fight.

Even TMZ is failing to connect the dots you've insisted are confession, and they're the Douche Mothership.
They well may be, but genetic fallacies don't exonerate Ray Rice, nor Aqib Talib.

No. He told police he didn't know what happened. You want him to be guilty because you have an ax to grind.
Specifically, he told cops he was too DRUNK to remember what happened, but told non-cops he accidentally shot himself. Gun+drunk=drunk with a gun; pretty simple.

Joel
07-04-2016, 09:21 PM
Chekhov...The guy from star trek?
Nah, I think he was Russian.

MOtorboat
07-04-2016, 09:33 PM
He also told cops he was too drunk to remember what happened, which means he was drunk with a gun, which is illegal. That's if we accept that he was REALLY at a park at 3:40AM on a Sunday and NEVER at the coincidentally "nearby" bar where there happened to be a fight.

They well may be, but genetic fallacies don't exonerate Ray Rice, nor Aqib Talib.

Specifically, he told cops he was too DRUNK to remember what happened, but told non-cops he accidentally shot himself. Gun+drunk=drunk with a gun; pretty simple.

You're making some giant leaps in logic to reach your desired destination.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-04-2016, 09:43 PM
He can get charged with discharging a firearm in city limits, disorderly conduct, and possibly reckless endangerment. I would suspect they would be able to find out if his gun was discharged, unless there was someone with him who was really good at "cleaning " those situations (recover the shell and slug, clean the weapon, and get any gun powder off his trigger hand, the gun powder on his backside isn't incriminating ).
He should lose his license, imo.

MOtorboat
07-04-2016, 10:03 PM
He can get charged with discharging a firearm in city limits, disorderly conduct, and possibly reckless endangerment. I would suspect they would be able to find out if his gun was discharged, unless there was someone with him who was really good at "cleaning " those situations (recover the shell and slug, clean the weapon, and get any gun powder off his trigger hand, the gun powder on his backside isn't incriminating ).
He should lose his license, imo.

If he was the shooter and if he had the gun in the first place, which at this point has in no way been indicated by the police or the incident report, then yes.

BroncoTech
07-04-2016, 11:32 PM
I just want to know the latest on this little SOB. Does his ass still work? Does he need an ass to play? Is Elway so pissed he's going to kick what ass he has left? That's all I care about.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-05-2016, 01:17 AM
If he was the shooter and if he had the gun in the first place, which at this point has in no way been indicated by the police or the incident report, then yes.

I know all of that, but what I'm suggesting is, the chance someone else did it is slim to none. You can probably go back to the first or second page of this thread where I suggested before anyone else here that he probably shot himself. Someone would have had to have been within 12 inches of him to fire a shot at him at that angle.

MOtorboat
07-05-2016, 02:11 AM
I know all of that, but what I'm suggesting is, the chance someone else did it is slim to none. You can probably go back to the first or second page of this thread where I suggested before anyone else here that he probably shot himself. Someone would have had to have been within 12 inches of him to fire a shot at him at that angle.

Cool. Let me know when the police say it.

Valar Morghulis
07-05-2016, 03:12 AM
I find it implausible that there is any possibility someone else shot him

I am hopeful that this is the case as well as for me it is the lesser evil of all the other possibilities

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-05-2016, 09:07 AM
Cool. Let me know when the police say it.

Uh, ok.

Ravage!!!
07-05-2016, 09:26 AM
Uh, ok.

You aren't allowed to make a reasonable deduction unless the police agree with you. That has been MO's well established policy. It's not true, unless the police say so.

MOtorboat
07-05-2016, 11:37 AM
You aren't allowed to make a reasonable deduction unless the police agree with you. That has been MO's well established policy. It's not true, unless the police say so.

Well, that's kind of how these criminal things work. It's been a month and he still hasn't even been charged with the things people are convicting him of.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-05-2016, 03:00 PM
Well, that's kind of how these criminal things work. It's been a month and he still hasn't even been charged with the things people are convicting him of.

I offered an opinion, not a conviction. He wouldn't get much more than a slap on the wrist if my theory were true, and if I am right all I care about is him losing his license and being available for opening day.

Simple Jaded
07-05-2016, 09:47 PM
I think he shot himself.

I also think that's about the only thing that can be proven at this point.

Furthermore, I don't buy that he was too drunk to remember what happened.

I hope that he didn't shoot himself at the bar.

I hope he didn't have anything to do with the other victims.

I hope a lot of things.......because I'm not a ******* douche.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-05-2016, 10:10 PM
I'm not a ******* douche.

When did this happen?

Simple Jaded
07-05-2016, 10:14 PM
When did this happen?

Touché.

Recanted, I'm not a douche about this particular subject.

Joel
07-06-2016, 08:30 PM
I think he shot himself.

I also think that's about the only thing that can be proven at this point.

Furthermore, I don't buy that he was too drunk to remember what happened.
Maybe; I doubt he was sober though, and "carrying while loaded" is a crime by itself: The rest are just (potential) ADDITIONAL crimes.

That's my position, so if it's "proof of douchery" then agreeing with it makes you just as much a douche about this particular subject. ;)

Simple Jaded
07-06-2016, 11:07 PM
Maybe; I doubt he was sober though, and "carrying while loaded" is a crime by itself: The rest are just (potential) ADDITIONAL crimes.

That's my position, so if it's "proof of douchery" then agreeing with it makes you just as much a douche about this particular subject. ;)
No, it doesn't.

Let's summarize;

You desperately want him to be guilty of something/anything (and therefor serve time) just so he can't play for a team you kind of, sorta, mildly support every once in a while (and a team you obviously can't ******* stand the rest of the time).

Me? I just think it's pretty hard to be drunk enough to shoot yourself in the ass and not remember it. As it is, I haven't convicted him of anything.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-06-2016, 11:45 PM
He shot himself, in.the.ass..

:laugh: :laugh:

Simple Jaded
07-06-2016, 11:51 PM
i7dbdZlsR3Y

Joel
07-07-2016, 11:12 AM
No, it doesn't.

Let's summarize;

You desperately want him to be guilty of something/anything (and therefor serve time) just so he can't play for a team you kind of, sorta, mildly support every once in a while (and a team you obviously can't ******* stand the rest of the time).
Wow, and you want to talk about what can't be proven....

Me? I just think it's pretty hard to be drunk enough to shoot yourself in the ass and not remember it. As it is, I haven't convicted him of anything.
So do I, but "I don't recall" is an airtight legal defense unless the jury's telepathic: Even proving someone consciously did something can't prove they REMEMBER it. But he ADMITTED being drunk AND shooting himself, and being drunk with a gun's illegal. Regardless of how much either of us does or doesn't want him on the team; WHO says it doesn't magically make it simultaneously douchey AND non-douchey.

Davii
07-07-2016, 09:54 PM
Wow, and you want to talk about what can't be proven....

So do I, but "I don't recall" is an airtight legal defense unless the jury's telepathic: Even proving someone consciously did something can't prove they REMEMBER it. But he ADMITTED being drunk AND shooting himself, and being drunk with a gun's illegal. Regardless of how much either of us does or doesn't want him on the team; WHO says it doesn't magically make it simultaneously douchey AND non-douchey.

Again, according to whom did he admit this Joel? Is this is a police statement somewhere? Must be with as often as you keep parading it as fact, right?

Simple Jaded
07-07-2016, 10:49 PM
Since no one has claimed it, I believe I should decide what's Douchey and Non-Douchey.

And I'll do the fairest way I know how.

1...2...3...not it!

Simple Jaded
07-07-2016, 11:13 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000673415/article/broncos-cardinals-headline-nfls-best-cornerback-tandems

Haha!

Davii
07-07-2016, 11:19 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000673415/article/broncos-cardinals-headline-nfls-best-cornerback-tandems

Haha!

High praise for all 3 but especially Roby.

Joel
07-08-2016, 07:37 PM

Haha!

Even if Talib's offseason shooting incident (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000666908/article/investigators-looking-at-whether-aqib-talib-shot-self) lands him on the sidelines, Roby is more than capable of filling in. He was the unsung hero of the "No Fly Zone" last season. Honestly, Roby might just be the best all-around corner on this team (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000650826/article/patrick-peterson-tops-nfls-most-valued-defensive-backs-in-2016). Last season, Roby allowed two passing touchdowns when targeted; quarterbacks had an average passer rating of 69.7 when throwing his way.

The only thing that might hinder the Broncos (http://www.nfl.com/teams/denverbroncos/profile?team=DEN) if Talib is out? They'd miss the 30-year-old's leadership on the field. He has set the tempo for the defense for two seasons and is the heart and soul of this group.
Von sets the tempo, and Ware leads the D. Harris+Roby+Webster FTW. Only question is who plays the slot, because both Harris and Webster excel there as well, so we might be better off with one of them on the #1 WR and Webster on the #2 so there's an elite CB on "possession" receivers.

But $10-12M for a walking suspension who's 30-years-old at a speed position? Rather go with the 24-year-old former 1st rounder for $10M less; need to lock up that kid and Webster to long contracts now rather than trying to outbid 31 other teams just to keep them.

Bonus points for expert CB analysis by a guy Tebow freakin' BROKE in the playoffs. There but for the grace of God goes a starting CB instead of an NFL.com writer.

Simple Jaded
07-08-2016, 09:53 PM
So Taylor doesn't know what he's talking about because he left a scrub 5th string CB out of his analysis?

Webster hasn't been excelled at anything but ST's, proving yet again that you don't even watch the games.

The only thing Tebow broke in his pro career was the hearts of millions of mindless morons who believe in fairytales.

dogfish
07-08-2016, 11:18 PM
The only thing Tebow broke in his pro career was the hearts of millions of mindless morons who believe in fairytales.

lol! he almost broke MO, also. . . i don't think he could've lasted through another year. . .

Poet
07-08-2016, 11:32 PM
Tim Tebow won Denver a playoff game, played with heart, lead the team to the playoffs, and was a class act. He has a special place in NFL lore and I love that guy. He is one of the easiest guys to root for, ever.

Tebow> Plummer.
Tebow > Cutler
Tebow > Ozweiler

MOtorboat
07-09-2016, 02:12 AM
Tim Tebow won Denver a playoff game, played with heart, lead the team to the playoffs, and was a class act. He has a special place in NFL lore and I love that guy. He is one of the easiest guys to root for, ever.

Tebow> Plummer.
Tebow > Cutler
Tebow > Ozweiler

You're an idiot.

MOtorboat
07-09-2016, 02:14 AM
lol! he almost broke MO, also. . . i don't think he could've lasted through another year. . .

Luckily, he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with a pass and we had the greatest quarterback of all time at the helm who was smarter than the idiots running around here.

BroncoWave
07-09-2016, 11:20 AM
God damn Mo, trolling you on Tebow is like shooting fish in a barrel. :lol:

Poet
07-09-2016, 11:52 AM
Oh, I'm sorry, how many wins in the playoffs did Cutler get Denver to? How many times did Cutler take us to the promised land? He collapsed on the ride there, but Tebow stayed strong, Mo.

Tebow still gives a team a better chance of winning a playoff game than Jay Cutler.

Ravage!!!
07-09-2016, 01:01 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, how many wins in the playoffs did Cutler get Denver to? How many times did Cutler take us to the promised land? He collapsed on the ride there, but Tebow stayed strong, Mo.

Tebow still gives a team a better chance of winning a playoff game than Jay Cutler.

nope.. no.. no ......... :lol: God no.

Poet
07-09-2016, 01:03 PM
Tim Tebow has had a better career as a QB than Jay Quitler.

MOtorboat
07-09-2016, 01:03 PM

I think you meant to write Demaryius Thomas or Von Miller. I'll forgive you this time.

Davii
07-09-2016, 01:04 PM

Yeah, that's why Timmy try hard is a starting QB in this league and Jay cry baby Cutler is a college football analyst. Right?

Poet
07-09-2016, 01:06 PM
I've seen Cutler in the playoffs. I've seen Tebow in the playoffs. All that matters is the playoffs. Tebow > Cutler in the playoffs. I mean what's Cutler going to do, get hit back someone and just quit? He only did that in the biggest game of his life! The coward!

MOtorboat
07-09-2016, 01:18 PM
I've seen Cutler in the playoffs. I've seen Tebow in the playoffs. All that matters is the playoffs. Tebow > Cutler in the playoffs. I mean what's Cutler going to do, get hit back someone and just quit? He only did that in the biggest game of his life! The coward!

Did you see the second game where the offense was so inept, New England was mocking Denver by using tight ends as running backs?

Poet
07-09-2016, 01:32 PM
The entire team was awful.

Davii
07-09-2016, 05:20 PM
The entire team was awful.

But that means nothing when the whole team plays amazing? You can't have it both ways. It's either all on the QB or it's on the entire team, not either or depending on what outcome you need to make your case.

Poet
07-09-2016, 05:49 PM
When Tebow succeeded the rest of the team wasn't great, either. That' what makes Tebow awesome.

Davii
07-09-2016, 06:47 PM
When Tebow succeeded the rest of the team wasn't great, either. That' what makes Tebow awesome.

Stop trolling with this garbage. It doesn't make you cooler.

Poet
07-09-2016, 06:48 PM
Stop trolling with this garbage. It doesn't make you cooler.

Sir, you hurt my feelings by calling me a troll.

Simple Jaded
07-09-2016, 09:24 PM

Tebow> Plummer.
Tebow > Cutler
Tebow > Ozweiler

I don't think ">" means what you think it means.

Poet
07-09-2016, 09:31 PM
I don't think ">" means what you think it means.

Suck my Tebowner, biatch.

Joel
07-09-2016, 10:45 PM
Did you see the second game where the offense was so inept, New England was mocking Denver by using tight ends as running backs?
That's hardly the only time NE* ever did that; has less to do with how awful WE were that game than how awful their RBs have been as far back as that. And when they DO find a decent RB he either gets into a race with Montee Ball to see who can fumble away the game first, or misses a beating so Belicheat benches him. It's good news for Steven Jackson and whoever's facing their one-dimensional offense each week, but doesn't say much about OPPOSING offenses.

MOtorboat
07-10-2016, 12:03 AM
That's hardly the only time NE* ever did that; has less to do with how awful WE were that game than how awful their RBs have been as far back as that. And when they DO find a decent RB he either gets into a race with Montee Ball to see who can fumble away the game first, or misses a beating so Belicheat benches him. It's good news for Steven Jackson and whoever's facing their one-dimensional offense each week, but doesn't say much about OPPOSING offenses.

Lol. Ok. We were embarrassed in that game. Trucked. I laugh at people who say some of the other playoff losses were worse than that. It was atrocious and embarrassing.

Simple Jaded
07-10-2016, 01:34 AM
It was John Elway's fault, that NE game, cause jealousy and stuff.

TXBRONC
07-10-2016, 03:22 PM
It was John Elway's fault, that NE game, cause jealousy and stuff.

Elway was worried that his legacy would be surpassed by Tebow.

Simple Jaded
07-10-2016, 11:52 PM
Elway was worried that his legacy would be surpassed by Tebow.

And rightfully so, Timmy was gonna erase Elway from our memories one genuflect at a time.

Simple Jaded
07-10-2016, 11:55 PM
Gawd can you image if Teiber had the kind of career Manning had? Watching him seek out the camera crew and pray 55 times a year?

God is good people, he hath saved us again.

TXBRONC
07-11-2016, 08:21 AM
Gawd can you image if Teiber had the kind of career Manning had? Watching him seek out the camera crew and pray 55 times a year?

God is good people, he hath saved us again.

I never had problem kneeling down to pray. I liked him and seems like a genuinely nice guy but reality is reality he didn't have the skill set to make it NFL.

Joel
07-11-2016, 12:54 PM
I never had problem kneeling down to pray. I liked him and seems like a genuinely nice guy but reality is reality he didn't have the skill set to make it NFL.
The problem's not simply praying, but the compulsion to pray so ostentatiously it requires a video camera. Someone else (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%206:5-15) has a problem with THAT. College kids doing Super Bowl ads before they're even DRAFTED aren't promoting God: He's just a means to their actual end.

TXBRONC
07-11-2016, 01:00 PM
The problem's not simply praying, but the compulsion to pray so ostentatiously it requires a video camera. Someone else (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%206:5-15) has a problem with THAT. College kids doing Super Bowl ads before they're even DRAFTED aren't promoting God: He's just a means to their actual end.

This has nothing to do with what I said. Praying ostentatiously? What a dumb thing to say.

BroncoJoe
07-11-2016, 01:03 PM

This has nothing to do with what I said. Praying ostntatiously? What a dumb thing to say.

I didn't realize Tebow was the only one to kneel down and pray at the end of a game.

TXBRONC
07-11-2016, 01:07 PM
I didn't realize Tebow was the only one to kneel down and pray at the end of a game.

He wasn't the first to do it and doubt he'll be the last.

Joel
07-11-2016, 02:04 PM
This has nothing to do with what I said. Praying ostentatiously? What a dumb thing to say.
Take it up with Jesus.

He wasn't the first to do it and doubt he'll be the last.
Yeah, it's so common among all other players that the NFL had to say, "Hey, everyone else does it OFF the field, why don't you?"

GEM
07-11-2016, 04:24 PM

Haha!

Jaded...that's coming from a CB who got beat by Tim Tebow.

-every Tebow hater ever

:D

BroncoJoe
07-11-2016, 04:35 PM
Don't we have a Tebow thread? I thought this was about Aqib.

LawDog
07-11-2016, 04:37 PM
So apparently Aqib got shot or something. Or did I click on the wrong thread?

Gawd I hate the offseason...

LawDog
07-11-2016, 04:37 PM
Don't we have a Tebow thread? I thought this was about Aqib.

You posted as I was typing!

GEM
07-11-2016, 04:41 PM

Tebow> Plummer.
Tebow > Cutler
Tebow > Ozweiler

You watch your dirty effing mouth! Better than Plummer...them's fighting words!

GEM
07-11-2016, 04:43 PM
Now, we shall all shut up about Tebow or we shall all be banned...ask Shane. ;) :D

Shane...don't kill me! I kid I kid! :D

Valar Morghulis
07-11-2016, 04:49 PM
Tebow < Jim Jones

BroncoJoe
07-11-2016, 04:50 PM
Tebow < Jim Jones

:ban:

TXBRONC
07-12-2016, 09:51 AM
Take it up with Jesus.

Yeah, it's so common among all other players that the NFL had to say, "Hey, everyone else does it OFF the field, why don't you?"

Take it up with Jesus? At times you are a master of dumb things to say.

Valar Morghulis
07-12-2016, 10:16 AM
Tebow < Jim Jones

I cant believe this got no likes - and a ban request from Uncle Joe Stalin

slim
07-12-2016, 10:22 AM
I cant believe this got no likes - and a ban request from Uncle Joe Stalin

It is an interesting comparison.

Jim Jones killed his followers, while Tim Tebow's followers killed Tim's popularity.

Jim Jones was a horrible person, while Tim Tebow was a horrible QB.