PDA

View Full Version : At least 5 former Broncos will visit White House, but Osweiler will not be one of them.

Northman
06-05-2016, 10:14 AM
http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2016/06/02/brock-osweiler-wont-go-to-white-house-with-denver-broncos/

He doesn’t want to miss practice.That’s Brock Osweiler’s story, and he’s sticking to it.
President Obama will welcome the Broncos to the White House on Monday in recognition of their efforts to give back to the community and their 24-10 win over the Panthers in Super Bowl 50. All members of the team’s 2015 roster have been invited to the event.

Classy move by #Broncos (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash) to pay for players no longer on team to make trip to White House. Shows respect for all contributions
6:54 PM - 31 May 2016 (https://twitter.com/TroyRenck/status/737779234190589953)

(https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?in_reply_to=737779234190589953)

6767 Retweets (https://twitter.com/intent/retweet?tweet_id=737779234190589953)

167167 likes (https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=737779234190589953)

Quarterback Peyton Manning, who retired this offseason, will be there, according to multiple reports. Former Broncos linebacker Danny Trevathan will be there, as will be former Broncos long snapper Aaron Brewer and former Broncos defensive back Omar Bolden, according to Mike Klis of KUSA-TV (https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/738095763033493508).

Northman
06-05-2016, 10:15 AM
This guy turned out to be a bigger douche than i could of imagined.

UnderArmour
06-05-2016, 10:57 AM
This guy turned out to be a bigger douche than i could of imagined.

...He's the face of ANOTHER franchise right now. How does it make him a douche to politely decline an invitation to go to the White House for a team he left in the offseason? Yes, he could show up and be classy for a day, but ultimately he made a tough decision in the offseason to leave a franchise he was groomed to take over at QB since he was a rookie. Do you honestly expect the guy to show up and disingenuously smile/pretend everything is okay?

Honestly, I have more respect for Brock NOT showing up. He clearly does not want anything to do with this franchise based on his actions in the free agent period. He owes nothing to the Broncos organization anymore, and that includes showing up for photo ops. It doesn't make him a douche for not showing up. I don't like the guy anymore either, but I'm not going to hold this against him.

Davii
06-05-2016, 11:07 AM
...He's the face of ANOTHER franchise right now. How does it make him a douche to politely decline an invitation to go to the White House for a team he left in the offseason? Yes, he could show up and be classy for a day, but ultimately he made a tough decision in the offseason to leave a franchise he was groomed to take over at QB since he was a rookie. Do you honestly expect the guy to show up and disingenuously smile/pretend everything is okay?

Honestly, I have more respect for Brock NOT showing up. He clearly does not want anything to do with this franchise based on his actions in the free agent period. He owes nothing to the Broncos organization anymore, and that includes showing up for photo ops. It doesn't make him a douche for not showing up. I don't like the guy anymore either, but I'm not going to hold this against him.

This makes no sense to me. He's not showing up for the organization.

Northman
06-05-2016, 11:08 AM

He's a douche, but he was a douche before this and the fact that other guys who have been critical of Denver (Malik) are still making the trip speaks volumes to their character. They shared a special moment winning SB 50 and the fact that Brock cant suck it up (because he was a part of it) just shows how immature he is. Sorry, we dont agree on this at all.

UnderArmour
06-05-2016, 11:10 AM
He's a douche, but he was a douche before this and the fact that other guys who have been critical of Denver (Malik) are still making the trip speaks volumes to their character. They shared a special moment winning SB 50 and the fact that Brock cant suck it up (because he was a part of it) just shows how immature he is. Sorry, we dont agree on this at all.

He has a scheduled obligation with his new team. He clearly chose the Texans over the Broncos, so why would he "suck it up" when he's already moved on?

You want the guy to skip OTAs and show up for a photo op at the White House while pretending like everything is cool with Elway and the team when it's obviously not? I'm glad he's not there ruining the day for the Broncos that want to be/loved being part of the organization.

Northman
06-05-2016, 11:13 AM
He has a scheduled obligation with his new team. He clearly chose the Texans over the Broncos, so why would he "suck it up" when he's already moved on?

You want the guy to skip OTAs and show up for a photo op at the White House while pretending like everything is cool with Elway and the team when it's obviously not? I'm glad he's not there ruining the day for the Broncos that want to be/loved being part of the organization.

Im glad he's not there either, but he is still a douche.

aberdien
06-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Is he the only one not showing up?

To shrug off a once in a lifetime opportunity for most people is silly.

Davii
06-05-2016, 11:47 AM

It's not about his new team, it's about the guys he played with, it's about the experience. It's about loyalty to your teammates and players over the teams, owners, and business side of it all.

BroncoJoe
06-05-2016, 11:51 AM
Personally, I'm glad he isn't going.

Davii
06-05-2016, 11:59 AM
Personally, I'm glad he isn't going.

So am I, it just goes to show how much of a douche he really is.

Cugel
06-05-2016, 12:09 PM

It has nothing to do with the broncos. It has everything to do with celebrating something special with your teammates. He's acting like a little bitch.

His recent comments that he "was in a bad situation in Denver. I felt like I should have played in the Super bowl." Tells all the story. He got benched because the team had a Hall of Fame player in Peyton Manning, and you're not going to go out and possibly lose a super bowl with a rookie Qb when you have a Hall of Famer sitting on the bench. Period. Peyton had a LOT more reason to pout and sulk than Osweiler. He had started every single game for the Colts and broncos over his entire career. Then suddenly, he was relegated to the bench. He didn't pout or sulk. He tried to be the best teammate he could.

If Osweiler can't get over being benched when that was absolutely the right move, screw him!

spikerman
06-05-2016, 12:12 PM

Dapper Dan
06-05-2016, 12:18 PM
Is he the only one not showing up?

To shrug off a once in a lifetime opportunity for most people is silly.

Nah. He'll get to visit when he wins with Houston.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
06-05-2016, 01:33 PM
JACKSONVILLE (The Sports Xchange) – Defensive tackle Malik Jackson has promised his upcoming trip to visiting the White House will be his last official act with the Denver Broncos. Jackson and the rest of the Broncos squad will be meeting with President Barack Obama in Washington on Monday as a reward for winning last year’s Super Bowl.

rest - http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/06/04/malik-jackson-white-house-visit-will-be-last-bronco-act/

Davii
06-05-2016, 05:24 PM
rest - http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/06/04/malik-jackson-white-house-visit-will-be-last-bronco-act/

So is he saying he's going to skip the ring ceremony?

spikerman
06-05-2016, 05:30 PM
He sounds a little annoyed too.

tomjonesrocks
06-05-2016, 08:02 PM
I'm unconvinced it was a douche move per se - his statement was fine - I just think it's really stupid.

It would look classier having gone and in all likelihood he will never get the chance to go again.

ChairmanBron
06-06-2016, 12:49 PM
Osweiler might be a douche, but playing devil's advocate, Elway also intentionally didn't visit the white house after the 1997 season Superbowl. I believe he was playing golf, or something.

Northman
06-06-2016, 01:00 PM
Osweiler might be a douche, but playing devil's advocate, Elway also intentionally didn't visit the white house after the 1997 season Superbowl. I believe he was playing golf, or something.

Totally different. One guy was a veteran who had already put his time in with the franchise and was still a member of said franchise. The other guy left and blasted the team for benching him when the starting job was never his to begin with. In the end its better that he isnt going but it i dont see the comparison remotely the same here.

Davii
06-06-2016, 01:05 PM

Totally different. One guy was a veteran who had already put his time in with the franchise and was still a member of said franchise. The other guy left and blasted the team for benching him when the starting job was never his to begin with. In the end its better that he isnt going but it i dont see the comparison remotely the same here.

Additionally, Elway chose not to go because of political disagreement with President Clinton. He truly did not want to meet the President. While I still disagree with that reasoning it's not the same thing.

FYI - the Broncos weren't invited after the second Super Bowl as President Clinton was dealing with his impeachment hearings, etc at the time.

BroncoJoe
06-06-2016, 01:06 PM
Elway hated Clinton.

ChairmanBron
06-06-2016, 01:06 PM

I agree it's good he's not going, but I disagree on the comparison thought.

GEM
06-06-2016, 02:20 PM
According to Channel 4, the Broncos booked Trevathan a coach ticket to the White House. I would say that was pretty petty. He din't make a big fuss and he did a LOT for the Broncos and the community.

BroncoJoe
06-06-2016, 02:22 PM
Non-issue.

Maybe first-class was sold out. Either way, he's not with the team anymore. If he wanted first class, he could pay for the upgrade.

Buff
06-06-2016, 02:30 PM
According to Channel 4, the Broncos booked Trevathan a coach ticket to the White House. I would say that was pretty petty. He din't make a big fuss and he did a LOT for the Broncos and the community.

Lighten up, Francis. He had a good sense of humor about it. I actually thought it was admirable gamesmanship - like, your perks ended when you walked out the door, bub.

GEM
06-06-2016, 03:06 PM
Lighten up, Francis. He had a good sense of humor about it. I actually thought it was admirable gamesmanship - like, your perks ended when you walked out the door, bub.

I didn't see his response to it. :shrugs: