PDA

View Full Version : Chris Harris #52 on the stupid list

GEM
06-03-2016, 05:41 PM
Don't know if this was posted elsewhere, but it pisses me off. A guy goes undrafted, takes a team friendly deal & plays his ass off, statistically the best cb in the game and the best he can come up with is 52? BS! I guess if he was a loudmouth abrasive pos who didn't show up because he wants more money every offseason, he'd be up there with the likes of loudmouth Sherman, money hungry Revis or the one year wonder Norman...effing bullshit!!!

Davii
06-03-2016, 05:43 PM
Don't know if this was posted elsewhere, but it pisses me off. A guy goes undrafted, takes a team friendly deal & plays his ass off, statistically the best cb in the game and the best he can come up with is 52? BS! I guess if he was a loudmouth abrasive pos who didn't show up because he wants more money every offseason, he'd be up there with the likes of loudmouth Sherman, money hungry Revis or the one year wonder Norman...effing bullshit!!!

He definitely deserved a higher spot. Did you see Von's comment about not wanting to talk about it if he was worse than 30

GEM
06-03-2016, 05:44 PM
He definitely deserved a higher spot. Did you see Von's comment about not wanting to talk about it if he was worse than 30

I did and thought what a good teammate. Makes me wonder where Von will be. If he's not top 5, Houston, we have a problem!

Davii
06-03-2016, 05:51 PM
I did and thought what a good teammate. Makes me wonder where Von will be. If he's not top 5, Houston, we have a problem!

He better be. Who else have we had so far?

GEM
06-03-2016, 06:08 PM
He better be. Who else have we had so far?

Emmanuel Sanders 74
DT 62
TJ Ward 68
Harris 52

Northman
06-03-2016, 06:09 PM
Harris just shows his SB ring and thats all that needs to be said really.

BroncoWave
06-03-2016, 06:21 PM
That seems fair. There are others good players across the league too. He doesn't always cover the other team's #1 guy so you won't see him ranked up without corners who do. That's nothing against Harris, as he is magnificent at the job he is asked to do, but I find that ranking more than fair.

TXBRONC
06-03-2016, 06:35 PM

I'm not surprised by much but, I would be floored if Miller wasn't in the top five.

TXBRONC
06-03-2016, 06:37 PM
Harris just shows his SB ring and thats all that needs to be said really.

When Harris found out where he's ranked he said it was to low.

BroncoWave
06-03-2016, 08:28 PM
If you consider the fact that there are 32 teams in the league, and if you assumed the talent were totally evenly distributed (which I know it isn't, but just assume), being ranked in the 50s would make Harris out second best player. With Von being out best player, that would be just about the right spot for Harris to land.

Davii
06-03-2016, 08:38 PM
If you consider the fact that there are 32 teams in the league, and if you assumed the talent were totally evenly distributed (which I know it isn't, but just assume), being ranked in the 50s would make Harris out second best player. With Von being out best player, that would be just about the right spot for Harris to land.

But as you said, it's not evenly split. The telling part will be how many CBs or members of the secondary are ranked better than he is

BroncoWave
06-03-2016, 08:40 PM
But as you said, it's not evenly split. The telling part will be how many CBs or menu of the secondary are ranked better than he is

It will be interesting. But in terms of the overall ranking, I think they have CHJ just about right.

Davii
06-03-2016, 08:47 PM
It will be interesting. But in terms of the overall ranking, I think they have CHJ just about right.

I don't. I'm with Von, he should be higher.

TXBRONC
06-03-2016, 08:54 PM
In my opinion Harris is in the top ten if not the top five or six corners in the League.

BroncoWave
06-03-2016, 08:57 PM
In my opinion Harris is in the top ten if not the top five or six corners in the League.

I would imagine that is right where he will fall on this list once they release all the names.

Poet
06-03-2016, 09:39 PM
They're going to have a lot of big names coasting off of reputation as per usual. The list is really just a bigger version of the Pro Bowl selection.

GEM
06-03-2016, 09:50 PM
I don't. I'm with Von, he should be higher.

Yea, I'll take Von's word for over Wave's. Sorry Wave :)

BroncoWave
06-03-2016, 09:57 PM
Yea, I'll take Von's word for over Wave's. Sorry Wave :)

Well I would sure hope his own teammate would have his back. :)

There probably isn't a player on that list ranked #2-100 who doesn't think he should be higher and who doesn't have teammates who think he should be higher.

At the end of the day, it's just another meaningless ranking someone put together. I'd rather our players be ranked lower and it give them motivation.

Poet
06-03-2016, 10:03 PM
Harris was better than any corner in the league last year. Sherman often isn't on the other team's top game, same as Peterson. Harris should be a top 25 player on that list ahead of any other corner.

silkamilkamonico
06-04-2016, 12:29 PM
The players are the ones that vote on this list. Harris is an outstanding player who is probably ranked right where he should be considering the higher profile type players that will be on the list, like QB's and impact front 7. Considering it's the players themselves who are most influential in the list as far as votes, and I know they aren't going to be perfect either, it's hard to call it a meaningless list.

Simple Jaded
06-04-2016, 11:14 PM
Yeah, the players vote on this list, but who counts the votes? This list jumped the shark when Tebow made the list 2 months after being snubbed by the players for the Pro Bowl.

Cugel
06-05-2016, 07:00 AM
What list?

TXBRONC
06-05-2016, 07:15 AM
What list?

The Top 100 it's show on NFLN that ranks the top 100 players from the previous season.

Cugel
06-05-2016, 12:01 PM
The Top 100 it's show on NFLN that ranks the top 100 players from the previous season.

OK. In short, a list of which players are the most social with their peers. Chris is a quiet guy who doesn't cause waves and isn't much of a self promoter. He just goes out and does his job every day. No drama. Just results.

slim
06-05-2016, 07:50 PM
OK. In short, a list of which players are the most social with their peers. Chris is a quiet guy who doesn't cause waves and isn't much of a self promoter. He just goes out and does his job every day. No drama. Just results.

Cam Newton doesn't think he's quite!

#champion

The Glue Factory
06-06-2016, 02:40 PM
When I saw the OP title I thought there were 51 people more stupid than Harris and thought, "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?"