PDA

View Full Version : Broncos to visit White House on Monday June 6

VonDoom
06-01-2016, 01:40 PM
The Super Bowl victory tour continues:

What began in 1980 continues Monday. The president of the United States will honor the Denver Broncos for winning Super Bowl 50. The Pittsburgh Steelers, according to ESPN, were the first NFL champions feted. The Broncos will join the parade as part of their spoils for claiming their third title, and first since the 1998 season.

The Broncos, following a recent tradition, have offered to pay the expenses for players no longer on the roster. It’s unknown whether former quarterback Brock Osweiler and defensive end Malik Jackson, the two most prominent offseason departures from the team, will attend.

President Barack Obama is an avid sports fan. He typically lightens the mood with remarks about the players. The Broncos will receive their Super Bowl rings in a private ceremony in Colorado the next week.

The White House visit holds a special place for many athletes.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/01/broncos-to-be-honored-at-white-house-for-winning-super-bowl-50/

BroncoJoe
06-01-2016, 01:43 PM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13346561_1015110021906232_6154507546826598535_n.jp g?oh=b7b544e7a91c8728fb008c5209c5136e&oe=57C13971

BroncoWave
06-01-2016, 01:53 PM
Thanks, Obama!

Denver Native (Carol)
06-01-2016, 03:23 PM
Thanks, Obama!

Thanks Obama for what? This has been a tradition for many years.

BroncoWave
06-01-2016, 05:24 PM
Thanks Obama for what? This has been a tradition for many years.

LOL, no shit? You've heard of the "Thanks, Obama!" joke/meme right?

VonDoom
06-01-2016, 05:34 PM
Sounds like Brock doesn't want to show his face around Barack (or his ex-teammates):

John McClain Verified account
‏@McClain_on_NFL

Osweiler "The Broncos graciously extended an invitation 4 me 2 join them but due 2 a scheduled OTA I feel it is important to be at practice"

... in another note, both Von Miller (OTA holdout) and Peyton Manning will be there on Monday.

OrangeHoof
06-01-2016, 05:59 PM
"The Broncos graciously extended an invitation for me to join them at the White House on Monday, but due to a scheduled OTA in Houston, I feel it is important to be at practice with my new teammates," Osweiler said. "It's a new offensive system for me and every practice and rep is extremely important. I am very appreciative of the Broncos wanting to include me on this special day."

Fuller statement.

Magnificent Seven
06-01-2016, 06:35 PM
This will be President Obama's final ceremony with the Broncos. History is made.

Poet
06-01-2016, 07:07 PM
It's one helluva tradition.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-01-2016, 07:35 PM
It's one helluva tradition.

Yes it is.

Davii
06-01-2016, 08:33 PM
Os is a punk. OTAs my ass. His coach should pull him aside and tell him to go. Part of the reason you overpay for SB champs is so they can tell their new team about the experience. Wonder if his punk ass will come to the ring ceremony.

tomjonesrocks
06-01-2016, 08:43 PM
Sounds like Brock doesn't want to show his face around Barack (or his ex-teammates): John McClain Verified account ‏@McClain_on_NFL Osweiler "The Broncos graciously extended an invitation 4 me 2 join them but due 2 a scheduled OTA I feel it is important to be at practice" ... in another note, both Von Miller (OTA holdout) and Peyton Manning will be there on Monday.

I knew he wouldn't show but that's stupid. Once in a lifetime opportunity.

Dapper Dan
06-02-2016, 01:20 AM
Oz does need a lot of practice. He's trying to be a real quarterback, guys. And it's not his fault he has to learn a new system, right?

Dapper Dan
06-02-2016, 01:23 AM

7-11 was a part time job. never forget. dank memes cant melt steel beams.

OrangeHoof
06-02-2016, 01:54 AM
You'll notice every time the Broncos visit the White House, it's a Democrat that occupies the place.

Dapper Dan
06-02-2016, 02:23 AM
You'll notice every time the Broncos visit the White House, it's a Democrat that occupies the place.

So if you hate the Broncos, vote Republican.

BroncoJoe
06-02-2016, 10:01 AM
So - I'm curious. Since the Broncos kind of refused to wear our home jersey when we were the home team in the Superbowl, if we make it back this year, will the opposing team make us wear the orange jersey?

Dapper Dan
06-02-2016, 10:37 AM
So - I'm curious. Since the Broncos kind of refused to wear our home jersey when we were the home team in the Superbowl, if we make it back this year, will the opposing team make us wear the orange jersey?

Good question.

Davii
06-02-2016, 10:56 AM

They might. I would think it depends on who the opposing team is. I would be willing to bet most teams, given the choice, would wear their home colors.

Dapper Dan
06-02-2016, 11:09 AM
The Cowboys would be a sure bet.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-02-2016, 02:17 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 37s

Broncos Super Bowl starting LT Ryan Harris, now with Steelers, is meeting former teammates Monday at White House. #9news

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 18m

Arizona has mandatory minicamp next week and with physicals Monday, starting OG Evan Mathis won't be joining Broncos at White House #9news

Denver Native (Carol)
06-02-2016, 02:19 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1h

Bill Clinton was impeached Dec 19 1998 acquitted Feb 12 1999--11 days after Broncos won XXIII. Guessing timing poor for photo shoot. #9news

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1h

Broncos have won 3 SBs but Monday only 2nd White House trip. As Broncos recall they weren't invited 2d time. #9news #9sports

Davii
06-02-2016, 02:25 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 37s

Broncos Super Bowl starting LT Ryan Harris, now with Steelers, is meeting former teammates Monday at White House. #9news

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 18m

Arizona has mandatory minicamp next week and with physicals Monday, starting OG Evan Mathis won't be joining Broncos at White House #9news

That's some bull on Mathis, the Cardinals should let him attend. He might be just using it as an excuse, but if not, they're wrong for that.

dogfish
06-02-2016, 02:49 PM

hopefully-- then when we stomp them in orange, that silly superstition can be forgotten. . .

:defense:

OrangeHoof
06-02-2016, 05:17 PM
Broncos have won 3 SBs but Monday only 2nd White House trip. As Broncos recall they weren't invited 2d time.

That's because Clinton was pissed that we didn't send the Broncos cheerleaders...

atwater27
06-02-2016, 06:48 PM
Carol doesn't play little kid games.

Shazam!
06-03-2016, 12:47 AM
I can't wait to get my newest Super Bowl ring :)

TXBRONC
06-03-2016, 12:05 PM
That's because Clinton was pissed that we didn't send the Broncos cheerleaders...

And a box of cigars.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-03-2016, 05:14 PM
ENGLEWOOD--Three Super Bowl titles. Only two White House visits.

The history between the Denver Broncos and the President’s digs may be brief, but there has been its share of drama.

The latest intrigue will involve the absence of Brock Osweiler when the Broncos visit President Barack Obama at the White House on Monday.

“That’s Brock’s choice, so all the other guys from my understanding are going to be there which will be great,” John Elway, the Broncos’ general manager, said Thursday after his second round at the CoBank Colorado Senior Open golf tournament. “We get everybody back together and celebrate the great season that we had last year, so it will be fun.’’

rest - http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/elway-on-osweiler-skipping-white-house-thats-brocks-decision/228809767

Davii
06-03-2016, 07:12 PM
I heard somewhere, don't remember where, that Evan Mathis WILL be going.

FanInAZ
06-03-2016, 07:49 PM
Wonder if his punk ass will come to the ring ceremony.

None of the players who left us for other teams this past off-season will be at our home opener because they'll all be busy with their new teams making final preparations for their respective games 3 days later.

aberdien
06-03-2016, 11:35 PM
Ten years from now when Os is sitting on his couch eating Pringles after his journeyman QB career, he is going to look back and think, "Man, I should've reveled in SB glory while I had the chance."

Davii
06-04-2016, 12:47 AM
None of the players who left us for other teams this past off-season will be at our home opener because they'll all be busy with their new teams making final preparations for their respective games 3 days later.

I'm willing to bet some of them will be there...

Dapper Dan
06-04-2016, 12:50 AM
Ten years from now when Os is sitting on his couch eating Pringles after his journeyman QB career, he is going to look back and think, "Man, I should've reveled in SB glory while I had the chance."

Remember that time he beat up a woman over pizza?

FanInAZ
06-04-2016, 03:50 AM
I'm willing to bet some of them will be there...

I'd take that bet because they won't be given a choice in the matter. No team is going to give a player permission to miss the last 2 days of practice before playing an opponent, during which time they will be working on the specific game plan for that game, in order to receive an award from another team.

spikerman
06-04-2016, 12:55 PM

The ring ceremony is this month.

spikerman
06-04-2016, 12:56 PM
Do this year's rookies get to go to the WH?

BroncoWave
06-04-2016, 12:58 PM
Do this year's rookies get to go to the WH?

I'm pretty sure only the people who were on the Super Bowl winning team go. I could be wrong, though.

spikerman
06-04-2016, 01:00 PM
I'm pretty sure only the people who were on the Super Bowl winning team go. I could be wrong, though.

This would make sense. If it were up to me, I'd make them go and stand off to the side during the ceremony. Hopefully that will drive home just how much they'll want to participate next year.

Davii
06-04-2016, 01:18 PM
The ring ceremony is this month.

Damnit Spike you blew my advantage in this wager!

spikerman
06-04-2016, 01:31 PM
Damnit Spike you blew my advantage in this wager!

Sorry brutha. I'm an idiot.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-04-2016, 08:36 PM
JACKSONVILLE (The Sports Xchange) – Defensive tackle Malik Jackson has promised his upcoming trip to visiting the White House will be his last official act with the Denver Broncos. Jackson and the rest of the Broncos squad will be meeting with President Barack Obama in Washington on Monday as a reward for winning last year’s Super Bowl.

Jackson was a key component in the Broncos defense that shut down the Carolina Panthers in the championship game, thus earning the team a trip to the White House. He’s no longer a member of the Broncos, having signed a lucrative free agent contract with the Jaguars in March.

“It’s going to be really fun, I’m excited,” Jackson said. “This is my last Bronco act. I’ll say, ‘What’s up?’ to the guys and then get back here with these guys and get working.”

Jackson will miss the Jaguars OTA session on Monday but vowed to be back for Tuesday’s OTA practice.

rest - http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/06/04/malik-jackson-white-house-visit-will-be-last-bronco-act/

BroncoWave
06-04-2016, 08:58 PM
Good on Malik for not being too petty to pass up a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-05-2016, 12:49 AM
Good on Malik for not being too petty to pass up a once in a lifetime opportunity.

He already had his petty performance after signing a mega contract.

Cugel
06-05-2016, 12:17 PM
I knew he wouldn't show but that's stupid. Once in a lifetime opportunity.

That's why Osweiler is such a moron for not going. You never know if you will ever get another chance. That could be his one and only trip to the Sb. better Qbs than him had only the 1 chance - Dan Marino for instance.

Some Hall of Fame Qbs like Fran Tarkenton never had a chance to go at all.

Alfred Williams was talking about what a deal it was to have a chance to go with his teammates. Time passes, and the 2015 team fades into memory. People go their separate ways. They accomplished something great together. Stuff happens in life. Some of these guys may never see one another again.

That White House ceremony is something to remember for a life-time. It's the ultimate validation of all the hard work, all the effort and sacrifice. Only the champions get to go. And for many of them, history says they will probably never have that opportunity again.

VonDoom
06-05-2016, 09:57 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 3m3 minutes ago

Another White House trip note: Only members of 2015 team are going. Rookies are staying in Denver, doing a community service project.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 2m2 minutes ago

It's a day trip, players leaving Dove Valley around sunrise to catch charter plane. Will be home Monday night, minicamp starts Tuesday.

sneakers
06-06-2016, 06:21 AM
Os is a punk. OTAs my ass. His coach should pull him aside and tell him to go. Part of the reason you overpay for SB champs is so they can tell their new team about the experience. Wonder if his punk ass will come to the ring ceremony.

Yeah, no shit. It is a celebration of winning the superb owl...of which his contributions to the team last season were more than trivial. This is upsetting that he wouldn't go.

sneakers
06-06-2016, 06:24 AM

I can't remember the deal with that guy, was he just hurt on and off again all year long?

Denver Native (Carol)
06-06-2016, 11:06 AM
Don't know if any one posted this or not, but what time is the ceremony and does anyone know if anyone will show it live?

Buff
06-06-2016, 11:08 AM

Broncos Offseason: Brock Osweiler will not be the only former Bronco not joining the team at the White House. Due to the Arizona Cardinals’ mandatory minicamp as well as physicals on Monday, former left guard Evan Mathis will miss the trip as well.

Seems like Arians would have given him a pass for a day if he would have asked.

https://predominantlyorange.com/2016/06/04/evan-mathis-will-not-join-broncos-at-the-white-house/

Denver Native (Carol)
06-06-2016, 11:39 AM
Good stuff on Broncos twitter in regards to the trip

Denver Native (Carol)
06-06-2016, 11:54 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Peyton Manning will be back with the Denver Broncos Monday -- for one special day.

Manning, who retired in early March weeks after Denver's Super Bowl 50 victory, will join his former teammates Monday in Washington as the Broncos will be honored by President Obama at the White House. It will be a brief return to how things used to be in what has so far been an exercise in Life Without Manning.

And that has been a significant change.

“Those guys come along once in a lifetime or once every 100 years or whatever," Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall said. “He instilled something in this [team's] culture that will be here for a long time."

Manning’s absence has affected much of what the team has done thus far. Its quarterback depth chart, with Mark Sanchez, Trevor Siemian and rookie Paxton Lynch, has launched thousands of drive-time conversations and plenty of hand-wringing among the team's faithful.

Replacing Manning, and to a lesser extent Brock Osweiler, who left in free agency, has been the top item of interest as the Broncos have gone through their offseason program. Replacing Manning's presence both in the locker room and the lineup has been at the front of the franchise’s collective mind.

“Obviously, the leadership of our team has changed a little bit without [No.] 18 around here," Broncos coach Gary Kubiak said. “There is going to be some of that going on. It’s going to be fun as a coach to watch that take place. Our work habits are really good. Our offseason has been tremendous."

Manning’s tenure with the Broncos lasted just four seasons but he led them to four AFC West titles, authored the highest-scoring season in league history (606 points in 2013) and made two Super Bowl appearances to go with this past February’s title-game win against the Carolina Panthers.

Even when Manning missed seven starts last season because of a foot injury, and wasn’t the hub of the Broncos’ wheel, his teammates said it mattered when Kubiak put Manning back in the lineup for the regular-season finale and playoffs.

“Oh yeah, he’s Peyton Manning," wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders said. “We knew what it meant to him."

"It’s just different without 18," Marshall said. “I’m not going to lie, it was a sense of comfort when you had 18 under center. Everybody was kind of at ease. Last year he didn’t have his best year, but regardless you still went into the game each and every snap comfortable because you had Peyton Manning under center. And he won us a Super Bowl."

But several Broncos, including Marshall, said it was Manning who may have helped the Broncos begin to prepare for when he was gone.

“Honestly, when I first got here [in 2013] Peyton was on everybody’s asses," Marshall said. “On everybody. I think as the years went on, he kind of ... wasn’t as 'c’mon, let’s go.' On defense, we took ownership last year of our group. ... Him just being here, it definitely lives on, on and off the field. Just who he was, just such a good person, he was such a great player, it would be hard for it not to live on."

“Nobody will ever forget what he did, what he meant," Broncos running back C.J. Anderson said. “But the next season comes no matter what, it doesn't wait for anybody."

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/20589/in-season-of-change-peyton-manning-back-with-broncos-for-white-house-trip

Dapper Dan
06-06-2016, 11:55 AM
Good stuff on Broncos twitter in regards to the trip

Yup. The pics with Peyton are nice.

OrangeHoof
06-06-2016, 11:59 AM
Hold onto your wallet, Peyton.

Dapper Dan
06-06-2016, 12:00 PM
Hold onto your wallet, Peyton.

Racist

Denver Native (Carol)
06-06-2016, 12:11 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 5h

First member of Bronco party to show up at airport? Peyton Manning. Wearing blue suit and orange tie for meeting with President #9news

aberdien
06-06-2016, 01:51 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkSU14IWsAAbTag.jpg

GEM
06-06-2016, 02:03 PM

:lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
06-06-2016, 03:00 PM
NFL Network will carry it live. It is scheduled to start at 2:25 MDT

CBS4 Denver will have a live stream - http://denver.cbslocal.com/
COMING UP: Watch a live stream of the Denver Broncos ceremony at the White House at 2:25 p.m.

VonDoom
06-06-2016, 03:36 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 9m9 minutes ago

President @BarackObama welcomes the #Broncos at the White House, live on @nflnetwork. Obama recognizes owner Pat Bowlen & his wife Annabel.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 8m8 minutes ago

Obama compared Denver D to his 85 Bears #9news

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 6m6 minutes ago

Obama paying tribute to #Broncos. Mentions Von Miller first. "Not bad for a guy who prides himself on his collection of eye glasses"

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 6m6 minutes ago

Obama takes dig at #Broncos offense. "Can't forget the heart and soul, the horsepower of the offense: Brandon McManus,"

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

Obama said of Manning, with tongue in cheek, "You could stock your house with the stuff this guy is selling." Followed w praise of Manning

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago

Obama thanks #Broncos for community service over last 3 decades and for spending time with Wounded Warriors at White House today.

BroncoJoe
06-06-2016, 03:40 PM
That was cool. President Obama is definitely a guy I'd love to hang around with. Great speaker, and has an uncanny knack of telling stories and speaking to people. Politics aside, it's hard not to admire/like him as a person.

VonDoom
06-06-2016, 03:43 PM
How did Caldwell get the spot right next to the President?

https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/739919291152109569

GEM
06-06-2016, 03:56 PM
I hate answering tweet posts. It's takes me into edit them. :laugh:

Anywho....that was my first thought as well! :lol: And Bruton next to Bubba.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-06-2016, 05:15 PM
Some good stuff on Broncos twitter

Dapper Dan
06-06-2016, 06:14 PM
Wait, so this would make Elway's first trip to the White House?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-06-2016, 06:49 PM
Wait, so this would make Elway's first trip to the White House?

If he goes :lol:

Dapper Dan
06-06-2016, 06:58 PM
If he goes :lol:

They had pictures of him there. Or was that Miles the mascot?

Denver Native (Carol)
06-06-2016, 07:01 PM
President Obama on the Broncos: 'This is a gritty hard nosed group of grinders'

President Obama honors the Super Bowl 50 Champion Denver Broncos at The White House.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/President-Obama-on-the-Broncos-This-is-a-gritty-hard-nosed-group-of-grinders/dbee2863-eb20-4a1f-ae3a-155fff695601

Broncos meet President Obama, visit White House

Broncos players, coaches and staff visited the White House on Monday and had the chance to meet President Barack Obama as part of being Super Bowl champions.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Broncos-meet-President-Obama-visit-White-House/c64999f5-9de3-4914-bb5c-88c86d242ac1

Denver Native (Carol)
06-06-2016, 08:24 PM
'Awesome day' for Broncos at the White House

Head Coach Gary Kubiak, Von Miller, DeMarcus Ware and Demaryius Thomas talk about touring the White House and meeting President Barack Obama following a ceremony on the South Lawn.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Awesome-day-for-Broncos-at-the-White-House/8e6bfdad-46ce-45a1-8beb-7213ef4f17e6

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-06-2016, 08:45 PM
They had pictures of him there. Or was that Miles the mascot?

If Miles was smiling it would be hard to tell them apart, according to some.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-06-2016, 10:18 PM
The Squeeze: White House Edition

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-squeeze/The-Squeeze-White-House-Edition/927af8a9-95da-4190-bce6-8e1cd239f66d

Pictures, etc

OrangeHoof
06-07-2016, 03:21 PM
Wait. Obama got Floyd's old number??

Denver Native (Carol)
06-07-2016, 04:50 PM
Wait. Obama got Floyd's old number??

My first thought also, then it dawned on me - 44th President

Denver Native (Carol)
06-07-2016, 04:50 PM
Peyton Manning interview with Mike Klis

good interview - http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/peyton-manning-interview-with-mike-klis-/235551390

Denver Native (Carol)
06-07-2016, 05:24 PM
Broncos tour White House's most famous rooms

Go behind the scenes with Bennie Fowler, DeMarcus Ware, and Trevor Siemian for an all-access look at the team's tour of the Executive Residence of the White House.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Broncos-tour-White-Houses-most-famous-rooms/fe69f6dc-7e9c-4676-9dc3-8225fef17335

Denver Native (Carol)
06-08-2016, 09:29 PM
KUSA—Derek Wolfe said he didn’t mean anything by his absence from the Denver Broncos’ trip Monday to the White House.

“I just had a lot of stuff going on, things to do,” Wolfe said as he walked off the practice field following the Broncos’ minicamp session Wednesday.

So he wasn’t making a political statement or had a problem with President Barack Obama?

“No, it was nothing like that,” Wolfe said.

rest - plus stuff on Talib, and other stuff
http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/broncos-notes-wolfe-meant-no-harm-by-passing-on-white-house/237567538

Buff
06-09-2016, 01:23 PM
"Had a lot of stuff going on" is such a stupid excuse for not taking up the leader of the free world on a personal invitation to visit The White House. That said - nobody every accused Wolfe of being a highly rational person.

VonDoom
06-09-2016, 09:23 PM
Oh, Brock ...

Arnie Stapleton
‏@arniestapleton

#Texans say QB Brock Osweiler won't attend #Broncos Super Bowl ring ceremony Sunday after skipping White House visit. @AP_NFL

Jon Heath ‏@JonHeathNFL 3h3 hours ago

Jon Heath Retweeted Arnie Stapleton

Texans don't have any required activities that day.

Poet
06-09-2016, 09:25 PM
I don't think I like Brock very much.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-09-2016, 09:59 PM
Oh, Brock ...

Arnie Stapleton
‏@arniestapleton

#Texans say QB Brock Osweiler won't attend #Broncos Super Bowl ring ceremony Sunday after skipping White House visit. @AP_NFL

Well now - Brock is probably going shopping for some more "western duds"

Davii
06-10-2016, 08:27 AM
Oh, Brock ...

Arnie Stapleton
‏@arniestapleton

That seals it, he is a complete douchebag and I'm glad he isn't on our QB. That is not the actions of a team player, and by team I mean in it for your team mates. It has nothing to do with the Broncos, it has everything to do with the guys you played with, and if you can't go spend a day with them to celebrate the fact that YOU ALL reached the highest pinnacle in your sport together, then you're just an *******.

I promise his teammates from our championship squad will notice and remember his absence and his new teammates are looking at him a little differently.

Ravage!!!
06-10-2016, 09:27 AM
Is this shocking to anyone? I didn't expect Brock to go, and I'm pretty surprised you guys did. I believe we've seen this MANY times, that players that were traded or signed elsewhere after a Super Bowl win didn't go with their former team. I personally find it to be the norm.

BroncoWave
06-10-2016, 09:32 AM
Is this shocking to anyone? I didn't expect Brock to go, and I'm pretty surprised you guys did. I believe we've seen this MANY times, that players that were traded or signed elsewhere after a Super Bowl win didn't go with their former team. I personally find it to be the norm.

The majority of the free agents we lost this offseason went to the White House, so this theory is already debunked when it comes to last year's team.

dogfish
06-10-2016, 11:09 AM
he really is Butthurt Brock to the max. . . dude, you got benched for peyton F. manning, one of the all-time greats. . . what a ridiculous thing to take personally. . . if he really is that thin-skinned, he's going to have a tough time making it with bill o'brien. . . remember how he benched hoyer after one week last year? os better be ready to hit the ground running-- and i haven't really seen any indication that he's ready to do so. . . last year, he looked like more of a work in progress than guys like hoyer and fitzpatrick. . .

Davii
06-10-2016, 11:15 AM
The majority of the free agents we lost this offseason went to the White House, so this theory is already debunked when it comes to last year's team.

Quick searches also find that narrative to be false. Out of the Patriots last winning team only Revis didn't go to the ring ceremony. He was invited, even though the week before he had said bad things about Brady and the team regarding deflategate and them being "known for doing those things".

Davii
06-10-2016, 11:16 AM
he really is Butthurt Brock to the max. . . dude, you got benched for peyton F. manning, one of the all-time greats. . . what a ridiculous thing to take personally. . . if he really is that thin-skinned, he's going to have a tough time making it with bill o'brien. . . remember how he benched hoyer after one week last year? os better be ready to hit the ground running-- and i haven't really seen any indication that he's ready to do so. . . last year, he looked like more of a work in progress than guys like hoyer and fitzpatrick. . .

And the really sad thing is, he didn't get benched at all. He was the backup quarterback, when the starter is ready to go he goes, period.

Buff
06-10-2016, 11:21 AM
Jalen saying what we already knew - that Brock was scared to face the people with whom he burned a bridge. That tweet saying the Texans didn't have any required activities that day is the final nail in the coffin. Looking forward to hearing him booed mercilessly in October.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYM6E6PQd-k

BroncoJoe
06-10-2016, 11:32 AM
I can't wait until we play them/him.

Davii
06-10-2016, 11:44 AM
Jalen saying what we already knew - that Brock was scared to face the people with whom he burned a bridge. That tweet saying the Texans didn't have any required activities that day is the final nail in the coffin. Looking forward to hearing him booed mercilessly in October.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYM6E6PQd-k

I'm looking forward to seeing him get flattened by our D!!

dogfish
06-10-2016, 11:47 AM
i foresee at least five sacks, and two-three picks. . .

BroncoJoe
06-10-2016, 11:52 AM
Oh, Brock ...

Arnie Stapleton
‏@arniestapleton

The Broncos can give it to me. I'll make sure he gets it....

Cugel
06-10-2016, 12:15 PM
Oh, Brock ...

Arnie Stapleton
‏@arniestapleton

Oh Brock you are such a pathetic little liar.