PDA

View Full Version : Cody Lattimer Arrested

Poet
05-31-2016, 06:46 PM
Per the Denver Post he was booked into Arapahoe County Jail for failing to appear in Denver Court on a traffic violation. He called the cops early in the morning to report a domestic issue/disturbance between a woman and him and then...boom.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/05/31/cody-latimer-arrested-denver-broncos/

Hardwired
05-31-2016, 07:01 PM
I guess NFL players don't pay any attention to traffic tickets? Didn't Von have this problem last year? Not with the girlfriend, just the traffic ticket. :)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-31-2016, 07:03 PM
Boom? Is that the sound of the gavel, night stick, or impending justice?

VonDoom
05-31-2016, 07:14 PM
Here's Latimer's statement:

https://twitter.com/CodyLatimer14/status/737794530225725440

VonDoom
05-31-2016, 07:16 PM
Kind of a weird story, though. He calls the cops on his girlfriend, gets arrested for something minor and unrelated, then bails the girl out later, according to PFT:

According to the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office, Latimer called the cops at 2:40 a.m. Monday , saying his girlfriend “put her hands on him.”

His girlfriend, 25-year-old Jaimee Rando, was arrested for assault and disturbing the peace. But Latimer posted her bail on Tuesday afternoon.

He wasn’t at Broncos practice Tuesday, with coach Gary Kubiak saying it was for personal reasons. Latimer has been a disappointment on the field, as the former second-rounder has just eight catches in two seasons.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/31/broncos-wideout-cody-latimer-calls-cops-on-girlfriend-bails-her-out/

turftoad
05-31-2016, 07:26 PM
I just shake my head at this kind of shit. Pure stupidity. Young and dumb.

Davii
05-31-2016, 09:39 PM
I don't understand how the "little" things like parking tickets, etc go unchecked with some of these guys. I just don't get it. I certainly won't crucify the kid for an unpaid parking ticket, it's really not a big deal, but I don't understand how it goes unpaid until you get arrested. Aren't there multiple warnings, etc sent out?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-31-2016, 09:50 PM
I don't understand how the "little" things like parking tickets, etc go unchecked with some of these guys. I just don't get it. I certainly won't crucify the kid for an unpaid parking ticket, it's really not a big deal, but I don't understand how it goes unpaid until you get arrested. Aren't there multiple warnings, etc sent out?

Maybe he moved and didn't get his mail forwarded. I have a similar story from my 20's that goes something like this....

"what are you in for?"

"I didn't get my emissions test done" :laugh:

Cugel
05-31-2016, 09:57 PM

It wasn't an unpaid parking ticket. They don't arrest you for those. It had to be an unpaid moving violation ticket.

Broncos wide receiver Cody Latimer was arrested early Monday on a misdemeanor warrant for failing to appear in Denver court on a traffic violation case, authorities say.

Speeding, reckless driving, "traffic violation" = moving violation.

Davii
05-31-2016, 10:01 PM
It wasn't an unpaid parking ticket. They don't arrest you for those. It had to be an unpaid moving violation ticket.

Ok, same goes. Unpaid fine. I don't get it

tomjonesrocks
05-31-2016, 10:04 PM
Ok, same goes. Unpaid fine. I don't get it

Doesn't sound like a "bad guy" but perhaps (shocker) brains aren't his best asset.

Let's face it - Latimer was too dumb for PFM. There's no other way to put it. Manning made names out of guys with half the talent.

Hopefully he's a dim bulb that thrives with Lynch throwing it up for grabs.

Dapper Dan
05-31-2016, 10:24 PM
I've never had an unpaid ticket. These guys need to start paying me to take care of this kind of thing.

Davii
05-31-2016, 10:33 PM
I've never had an unpaid ticket. These guys need to start paying me to take care of this kind of thing.

I will gladly take a job doing exactly that. For the entire 53 man roster. Have your mail sent to my house and I'll make sure your parking tickets and bills that'll get you in jail are paid. The team would have to give me an expense account and then deduct it from the players game checks, but they'd have a lot of peace of mind. I wouldn't even demand as much money as one agent. 250k? Hell yeah.

BroncoWave
05-31-2016, 10:36 PM
One time I had a warrant out for my arrest for a speeding ticket I actually had paid. So while it doesn't seem to be the case in this instance, it could happen due to government incompetence. Luckily I was able to clear it up before the next time I was in a traffic stop.

Dapper Dan
05-31-2016, 10:52 PM
I will gladly take a job doing exactly that. For the entire 53 man roster. Have your mail sent to my house and I'll make sure your parking tickets and bills that'll get you in jail are paid. The team would have to give me an expense account and then deduct it from the players game checks, but they'd have a lot of peace of mind. I wouldn't even demand as much money as one agent. 250k? Hell yeah.

C'mon. You're a busy man. Stop taking my job!

Davii
05-31-2016, 11:02 PM
C'mon. You're a busy man. Stop taking my job!

There's 32 teams, we could start a business...

Canmore
05-31-2016, 11:19 PM
One time I had a warrant out for my arrest for a speeding ticket I actually had paid. So while it doesn't seem to be the case in this instance, it could happen due to government incompetence. Luckily I was able to clear it up before the next time I was in a traffic stop.

Is this a regular occurrence?

BroncoWave
05-31-2016, 11:41 PM
Is this a regular occurrence?

In the south, yes. Not uncommon at all for cops to have traffic stops looking for drunk drivers.

Canmore
06-01-2016, 12:13 AM
In the south, yes. Not uncommon at all for cops to have traffic stops looking for drunk drivers.

Haven't seen one of them since MCAS Yuma, AZ.

BroncoJoe
06-01-2016, 07:03 AM
I went to renew my drivers license once, and was told my license was suspended due to a speeding ticket in Texas. It took a while to resolve, and I still don't remember getting a ticket in Texas.

Davii
06-01-2016, 07:21 AM
Haven't seen one of them since MCAS Yuma, AZ.

I miss Yuma. I actually really enjoyed being stationed there. Not so much the town, obviously, but we had an amazing group of people in that shop.

Davii
06-01-2016, 07:22 AM

That isn't uncommon anywhere. I've seen it in California more than anywhere else but have been through drunk checkpoints in California, Arizona, Texas, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Louisiana.

Tned
06-01-2016, 07:44 AM

I think he was using the term parking ticket in a more generic sense, just to point out how crazy it is to be arrested for not paying a ticket, which more than likely included one or more warnings that it was unpaid.

As mentioned, maybe he moved, or maybe he thought as an NFL player, he could blow it off. No telling what's in the mind of some of these kids.

As to the comments about him calling the cops and then bailing her out. That was probably smart. These guys, while sometimes thugs themselves, are also targets for other people. If his girlfriend is off the rocker, better to get it on the record, so if she claims things against him later and then goes for a settlement or civil suit, he's now built a case that she was the crazy/abusive one in the relationship.

turftoad
06-01-2016, 09:26 AM
I don't really care about his traffic ticket. What gets me is how these guys put themselves in positions of domestic disputes.

Hell, if you think something is starting to happen, get the hell out of there. Especially in today's NFL.

Davii
06-01-2016, 09:36 AM
I don't really care about his traffic ticket. What gets me is how these guys put themselves in positions of domestic disputes.

Hell, if you think something is starting to happen, get the hell out of there. Especially in today's NFL.

Sounds like that's exactly what he did in this situation Turf. She was arrested for her conduct, he would've been left alone had he not had a warrant for unpaid fines. All reports are he acted appropriately in regards to the domestic disturbance.

turftoad
06-01-2016, 09:40 AM
Sounds like that's exactly what he did in this situation Turf. She was arrested for her conduct, he would've been left alone had he not had a warrant for unpaid fines. All reports are he acted appropriately in regards to the domestic disturbance.

Hey, I know. However, I find it hard to understand how/why they would even put themselves I that position. I hope he finds a new girlfriend or just stays away from her.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-01-2016, 09:59 AM
According to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation records, the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office arrested Latimer after it was discovered an outstanding warrant had been issued to him by Denver traffic court after he was cited March 18, 2015 for improper lighting on his vehicle/trailer.

Latimer, 23, didn’t show up for his court date on April 29, 2015 on what would have been a minor traffic ticket. Instead, Latimer wound up in Arapahoe County Jail on Monday night and paid $311.50 to settle the matter on Tuesday.

http://www.9news.com/sports/broncos-receiver-cody-latimer-arrested-when-his-domestic-call-led-to-warrant/225057912

Dapper Dan
06-01-2016, 10:43 AM
Woah. Improper lighting. Cut his ass.

Davii
06-01-2016, 11:35 AM

Come on down to Dan and Davii's mail screening and trailer lighting emporium. We'll keep your butt out of jail, just don't act like an ass!

Poet
06-01-2016, 11:53 AM
Come on down to Dan and Davii's mail screening and trailer lighting emporium. We'll keep your butt out of jail, just don't act like an ass!

You really would think that a personal assistant would be a 'must' for the players.

TXBRONC
06-01-2016, 12:03 PM

I would not be surprised if the League fines even though this really isn't a big deal.

Ravage!!!
06-01-2016, 12:25 PM
I would not be surprised if the League fines even though this really isn't a big deal.

I don't think they will... just because he handled everything correctly when it came to calling the police, as opposed to having the police called on him. "improper lighting" ticket is a pretty lame ticket.

GEM
06-01-2016, 01:31 PM
That isn't uncommon anywhere. I've seen it in California more than anywhere else but have been through drunk checkpoints in California, Arizona, Texas, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Louisiana.

I have never been through a DUI checkpoint, never even seen one. Weird.

Davii
06-01-2016, 01:32 PM
You really would think that a personal assistant would be a 'must' for the players.

Don't try to move in on Dan and Davii's business venture.

Poet
06-01-2016, 01:35 PM
Don't try to move in on Dan and Davii's business venture.

Surely you guys would want an attorney?

Poet
06-01-2016, 01:35 PM
Just got an update on my phone that he allegedly slapped her.

Northman
06-01-2016, 01:39 PM
Who is Cody Latimer?

BroncoJoe
06-01-2016, 01:40 PM

Your phone sucks. It's not receiving texts, or the user has willfully decided to ignore said texts.

Poet
06-01-2016, 01:44 PM
Your phone sucks. It's not receiving texts, or the user has willfully decided to ignore said texts.

I got a new phone on Tuesday and a new number. You will have the new number.

turftoad
06-01-2016, 01:53 PM

She slapped him.

Broncos wide receiver Cody Latimer’s girlfriend admitted to police that she slapped him in the face during a domestic incident, leading to her arrest on assault charges.

Rando admitted this to the cops as well. The police report said the incident began at 1 a.m. Monday near a nightclub in downtown Denver where Latimer was hosting a party, but Latimer didn’t call the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office until 2:40 a.m.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/01/police-report-girlfriend-admitted-slapping-broncos-wideout-cody-latimer/

He should have been out of there at 1:00 right when it started.

Poet
06-01-2016, 01:57 PM
She slapped him.

Broncos wide receiver Cody Latimer’s girlfriend admitted to police that she slapped him in the face during a domestic incident, leading to her arrest on assault charges.

Rando admitted this to the cops as well. The police report said the incident began at 1 a.m. Monday near a nightclub in downtown Denver where Latimer was hosting a party, but Latimer didn’t call the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office until 2:40 a.m.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/01/police-report-girlfriend-admitted-slapping-broncos-wideout-cody-latimer/

He should have been out of there at 1:00 right when it started.

Well I hope when the investigation is done it is revealed that he kept his hands to himself.

Tned
06-01-2016, 02:23 PM
http://www.9news.com/sports/broncos-receiver-cody-latimer-arrested-when-his-domestic-call-led-to-warrant/225057912

As a non parent and someone who really didn't get into biology, can someone please explain this to me:

"Investigation showed that Latimer and his girlfriend, Jaimee Rando, 25, had been dating for three months and have a child together. "

I thought those little humans incubated for 8-10 months.

Tned
06-01-2016, 02:24 PM
I have never been through a DUI checkpoint, never even seen one. Weird.

I live in the boonies and have seen them. That and escaped prisoner check points.

Davii
06-01-2016, 02:25 PM
Surely you guys would want an attorney?

I'll have to confer with my partner, but probably. We would prefer one with better breasts, but we'll settle.

Tned
06-01-2016, 02:26 PM
I'll have to confer with my partner, but probably. We would prefer one with better breasts, but we'll settle.

Or, that likes to where tight skirts with the split up the rear. Both is a bonus.

Davii
06-01-2016, 02:26 PM
I live in the boonies and have seen them. That and escaped prisoner check points.

I love the "no hitchhiking, they may be prisoners" signs.

Does anyone pick up hitchhikers these days? Good way to get killed I think.

OrangeHoof
06-01-2016, 03:36 PM
"what are you in for?"

"I didn't get my emissions test done" :laugh:

Should've stopped after the first burrito...

OrangeHoof
06-01-2016, 03:47 PM
I can just picture some mouthy cornerback lined up against Lattimer:

"Hello? Police? Come arrest my girlfriend. She put her hand on me..."

Buff
06-01-2016, 04:19 PM
Forgive me for not showering him with bouquets for "doing the right thing" - this guy is an idiot and a wasted 2nd round pick. I just hope he can make some more special teams tackles for us this year.

Tned
06-01-2016, 04:48 PM
Forgive me for not showering him with bouquets for "doing the right thing" - this guy is an idiot and a wasted 2nd round pick. I just hope he can make some more special teams tackles for us this year.

A bit judgemental, but ok, you're forgiven my son.

DenBronx
06-01-2016, 05:00 PM
Meh...not that big of a deal. #1. He did the right thing by calling the cops if his gf was being a moron. You let that shit go the either a neighbor, friend, family member or she will call the cops on you. Then the guy ends up going to jail. #2. Shit happens. Yeah he has the money but he probably just forgot about it or didn't think it would escalate to this. Some people are just bad with bills, which is why I recommend auto pay.

This reminds me of an unpaid toll I had about 5 years ago. Took my cousin to the airport one day and I completely forgot to bring cash and so did he. They took down my plate number and I moved several times. So it ended up being in collections by the time I got notification about it. By then I was so pissed off that a $5 toll turned into several hundred dollars that I hung up on the guy. Still haven't paid it till this day and I cross the same bridge going to work everyday. Maybe I'll get pulled over one day and end up in jail...I don't know but I should probably just pay the fine. Smh

Valar Morghulis
06-01-2016, 05:12 PM
This will not impact on his break out year.....

BroncoWave
06-01-2016, 05:28 PM
Meh...not that big of a deal. #1. He did the right thing by calling the cops if his gf was being a moron. You let that shit go the either a neighbor, friend, family member or she will call the cops on you. Then the guy ends up going to jail. #2. Shit happens. Yeah he has the money but he probably just forgot about it or didn't think it would escalate to this. Some people are just bad with bills, which is why I recommend auto pay.

This reminds me of an unpaid toll I had about 5 years ago. Took my cousin to the airport one day and I completely forgot to bring cash and so did he. They took down my plate number and I moved several times. So it ended up being in collections by the time I got notification about it. By then I was so pissed off that a $5 toll turned into several hundred dollars that I hung up on the guy. Still haven't paid it till this day and I cross the same bridge going to work everyday. Maybe I'll get pulled over one day and end up in jail...I don't know but I should probably just pay the fine. Smh

If it's in collections under your name it's probably hurting your credit score.

turftoad
06-01-2016, 05:39 PM

Cmon Buff, it usually takes til year 3 for a WR to get into their stride. It's the 3 yr breakout rule.
I'll give him this year and if he doesn't do something I'm done with him too.

Ravage!!!
06-01-2016, 06:01 PM
Cmon Buff, it usually takes til year 3 for a WR to get into their stride. It's the 3 yr breakout rule.
I'll give him this year and if he doesn't do something I'm done with him too.

Yeah.. but he has done much less than just not hitting his 'stride'..... he hasn't taken a step. One thing to not be a 'stud'..and its another to be completely absent. Right now, he's a wasted pick for a WR.

Joel
06-01-2016, 07:10 PM
It's become common enough to be the subject of a SCOTUS case about a decade ago. I can't see how searching EVERYONES person without cause is less rather than MORE of a Fourth Amendment violation than selectively searching SOME people, but the justices evidently did (or claimed to see it.) Judicial activism comes in two flavors, and one of them unfortunately believes cops NEVER lie, NEVER bother innocent people and CERTAINLY never stop people just to make money. Even though the same folks who believe that also believe government does nothing BUT screw the taxpayers out of their hard earned money.

So when you're standing in the courtroom next to a cop, who's the judge gonna believe: The virtuous public servant, or the sleazy criminal?

turftoad
06-01-2016, 07:19 PM
Yeah.. but he has done much less than just not hitting his 'stride'..... he hasn't taken a step. One thing to not be a 'stud'..and its another to be completely absent. Right now, he's a wasted pick for a WR.

I dunno Rav. The Broncos rarely used the #3 wide out anyway. Not many had receptions.

Norwood = 22
Fowler = 16
Caldwell = 10
Latimer = 6

I'll give him one more year. It's basically his to lose by the sounds of things.

Joel
06-01-2016, 07:32 PM
This will not impact on his break out year.....
He better hope you're right, because he hasn't done much to build any credit he could spend on this (if anything, just the opposite.)

I dunno Rav. The Broncos rarely used the #3 wide out anyway. Not many had receptions.

Norwood = 22
Fowler = 16
Caldwell = 10
Latimer = 6

I'll give him one more year. It's basically his to lose by the sounds of things.
He had less than HALF as many as anyone else, and that's as a 2nd rounder battling UDFAs and a guy most people have been trashing for years. Even with limited time for Manning/Oz to get to a checkdown, coming in DEAD LAST in THAT company is a big problem for a highly drafted player. But I guess my hopes he still had some decent trade value left just went up in smoke, so we'll play out the hand and see how the last card falls.

Dapper Dan
06-01-2016, 08:03 PM

He'll have to do for now. Just to mix it up a little, we'll bring in Wave's lady friend as a medical consultant.

turftoad
06-01-2016, 08:56 PM
He better hope you're right, because he hasn't done much to build any credit he could spend on this (if anything, just the opposite.)

He had less than HALF as many as anyone else, and that's as a 2nd rounder battling UDFAs and a guy most people have been trashing for years. Even with limited time for Manning/Oz to get to a checkdown, coming in DEAD LAST in THAT company is a big problem for a highly drafted player. But I guess my hopes he still had some decent trade value left just went up in smoke, so we'll play out the hand and see how the last card falls.

Wow Joel. First off, half of 22 is not a lot. Broncos don't use 3rd and 4th WR's often at all, And it's kinda hard to beat out Sanders or DT.
Second, I don't think being arrested for pulling a trailer with a light out is going to ruin anyone's trade value.
I'm just hoping the guy can get out there and show something in his 3rd year.

Joel
06-01-2016, 11:05 PM
Wow Joel. First off, half of 22 is not a lot.
True: Half of 10 is even less, and Latimer barely got THAT much. In fact (and once again) he was DEAD LAST in receptions among a backup WR cadre that includes two UDFAs and the WR Broncos fans loved to hate before they had Latimer. Here's the list of EVERY Bronco who caught a pass last year:

No.

Pos
G
GS
Tgt
Rec ▾
Yds
Y/R
TD
Lng
R/G
Y/G
YScm
RRTD
Fmb

Demaryius Thomas (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/ThomDe03.htm)
WR

Emmanuel Sanders (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SandEm00.htm)
WR

Owen Daniels (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaniOw00.htm)
TE

C.J. Anderson (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AndeC.00.htm)
rb

Ronnie Hillman (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HillRo00.htm)
RB

Jordan Norwood (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NorwJo00.htm)
wr

Vernon Davis (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaviVe00.htm)
te

Bennie Fowler (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FowlBe00.htm)
wr

Virgil Green (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GreeVi00.htm)
fb/te

Andre Caldwell (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CaldAn00.htm)

Juwan Thompson (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/ThomJu01.htm)
fb

Cody Latimer (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LatiCo00.htm)
wr

The operative word in those stats from last year is LAST. As in, "Latimer was LAST in receptions and ALMOST last in catch percentage." Caldwell (and ONLY Caldwell) had a lower catch percentage, so maybe Bubba really is as bad as most people say. But there's a reason Manning chose to throw our former 2nd round pick less than a DOZEN balls (that's less than one/game.) One big reason was that Kubiak only chose to start him ONCE, but there's a reason for that, too.

Broncos don't use 3rd and 4th WR's often at all, And it's kinda hard to beat out Sanders or DT.
Right, but it shouldn't be hard for a 2nd round pick to beat out Fowler, Norwood or CALDWELL. For the record, I actually like Caldwell (if not as much as Fowler) but the consensus is we could trade him for a six pack of generic beer and still come out ahead: THAT guy outplayed our former 2nd round pick, and by a fair margin.

Latimer wasn't outproduced by just Pro Bowlers like DT and Samuels, nor even other backup WRs like Norwood and Fowler: JUWAN THOMPSON was a better WR. When a UDFA RB is a better WR than a 2nd round WR, it's bad.

Second, I don't think being arrested for pulling a trailer with a light out is going to ruin anyone's trade value.
It shouldn't, but it's the appearance of impropriety in an age when the Twitterverses short attention span doesn't look past the headlines to see what actually happened. It might, for a former 2nd round pick who was among his teams top two or three WRs, but for the SIXTH best WR? Pass.

I'm just hoping the guy can get out there and show something in his 3rd year.
You, me, him and his agent all. Because this is pretty much his last chance to prove he's anything but a bust scrub who'll be waiting by the phone next year just HOPING some desperate team calls—and probably waiting a while....

sneakers
06-01-2016, 11:17 PM
They arrest people for not showing up for traffic tickets? :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Dapper Dan
06-01-2016, 11:19 PM
They arrest people for not showing up for traffic tickets? :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Only if they're punched in the face by their significant other.

sneakers
06-01-2016, 11:28 PM
Only if they're punched in the face by their significant other.

You can get speeding tickets for punching people????

Dapper Dan
06-01-2016, 11:37 PM
You can get speeding tickets for punching people????

Every Tuesday that's on an even number Julian calendar date.

Joel
06-02-2016, 12:16 AM
No, they swear out warrants for arrest, after which one of two things eventually happens:

1) The person has some kind of run in with the law, however minor, that prompts a cop to run their name for warrants, so the warrant's found and they get arrested.

2) The police department finally has so MANY warrants for people with unpaid traffic fines that the chief or someone gets sick of it, sees the chance to make some money, and sends a bunch of officers out to sweep the area knocking on doors at the last reported address of everyone with a warrant. If they're feeling generous, they may even announce an amnesty first so everyone can come in and FINALLY pay their fine(s) without getting arrested: After that, THEY come to YOU....

When law ENFORCEMENT officers say to be in court at this time on this date at this location, yeah, they kinda mean it. I'm more perplexed that they (sometimes...) wait so long, and I REALLY don't understand how people think they can get a ticket but just blow it off and never face any consequences. They've got your name, your face and (usually) where you live, and it's not like cops are a rarity driving down the road even if they don't specifically come looking for you when they have full legal authority to do so because you broke the law AND got caught but chose to ignore the penalty for that.

Dapper Dan
06-02-2016, 12:20 AM
:lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
06-02-2016, 01:13 PM
Broncos wide receiver Cody Latimer told a police dispatcher he captured a domestic disturbance incident with his girlfriend on a GoPro camera, according to a sheriff’s office incident report.

The Denver Post obtained a copy of the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office report through an open records request, which shows Latimer told deputies he and his girlfriend, Jaimee Rando, had been drinking at a downtown Denver night spot before she allegedly slapped him in the face early Monday.

Latimer, 23, told responding officers that the slap was preceded by a quarrel over jealously issues.

AND

“Latimer states that someone from the Denver Broncos should have taken care of this ticket,” the report said.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/02/cody-latimer-said-he-was-wearing-gopro-camera-during-fight-with-girlfriend/

Northman
06-02-2016, 01:18 PM
Latimer- "Dont they know who i am!!!"

LawDog
06-02-2016, 02:18 PM
No, they swear out warrants for arrest, after which one of two things eventually happens:

1) The person has some kind of run in with the law, however minor, that prompts a cop to run their name for warrants, so the warrant's found and they get arrested.

2) The police department finally has so MANY warrants for people with unpaid traffic fines that the chief or someone gets sick of it, sees the chance to make some money, and sends a bunch of officers out to sweep the area knocking on doors at the last reported address of everyone with a warrant. If they're feeling generous, they may even announce an amnesty first so everyone can come in and FINALLY pay their fine(s) without getting arrested: After that, THEY come to YOU....

When law ENFORCEMENT officers say to be in court at this time on this date at this location, yeah, they kinda mean it. I'm more perplexed that they (sometimes...) wait so long, and I REALLY don't understand how people think they can get a ticket but just blow it off and never face any consequences. They've got your name, your face and (usually) where you live, and it's not like cops are a rarity driving down the road even if they don't specifically come looking for you when they have full legal authority to do so because you broke the law AND got caught but chose to ignore the penalty for that.

Joel, either go to law school and sit for the bar in one of the states, or stop pretending you know what the law is. Your ignorance is bothersome. In this particular case, the warrant issued for failure to appear is a bench warrant issued by the court. There is no swearing out a warrant for arrest - which is what officers do in an arrest warrant declaration to establish probable cause for arrest and must be signed by a magistrate to become an active warrant.

As for what happens when someone has an active warrant - your first scenario is a pretty likely occurrence. The second, not so much because warrant sweeps generally only happen for felony warrants not misdemeanor warrants for failure to appear on a traffic citation.

Dzone
06-02-2016, 03:33 PM

Thats the shocker in all this. Doesnt everyone throw those things in the trash? I better check to see if there is a warrant for my arrest

Dzone
06-02-2016, 03:43 PM
. They've got your name, your face and (usually) where you live, and it's not like cops are a rarity driving down the road even if they don't specifically come looking for you when they have full legal authority to do so because you broke the law AND got caught but chose to ignore the penalty for that.
This is ******* great heheeh

TXBRONC
06-02-2016, 06:17 PM
Latimer- "Dont they know who i am!!!"

No we sure don't.

Joel
06-02-2016, 07:51 PM
Joel, either go to law school and sit for the bar in one of the states, or stop pretending you know what the law is. Your ignorance is bothersome. In this particular case, the warrant issued for failure to appear is a bench warrant issued by the court. There is no swearing out a warrant for arrest - which is what officers do in an arrest warrant declaration to establish probable cause for arrest and must be signed by a magistrate to become an active warrant.
What's the practical difference for the subject of the warrant? The key part's a judge signing off on probable cause (which is considered an oath, yes?) for the warrant, whether or not an officer supplies an oath of his own. A cop needs a judges affirmation; a judge doesn't need a cops.

As for what happens when someone has an active warrant - your first scenario is a pretty likely occurrence. The second, not so much because warrant sweeps generally only happen for felony warrants not misdemeanor warrants for failure to appear on a traffic citation.
If you say so; I've sure seen enough news reports essentially saying, "if you've got unpaid tickets, the cops say you've got until x to pay them without additional charges: After that, they'll come FIND you...." Are you trying to say that's just a scare tactic, and ya'll don't actually follow through on the threat?

Joel
06-02-2016, 07:52 PM
No we sure don't.
Sure we do: He's the 3rd year 2nd round pick who had just over half as many catches as our backup UDFA RB. Which is why when FA rolls around other teams will only be looking at the fact he GOT arrested, not WHY. He's given no one any cause to bother finding out why.

Simple Jaded
06-03-2016, 12:43 AM
Ive had a couple warrants for my arrest, if cops come looking for people with arrest warrants they suck at it.

I grew up down the street from a couple that were both cops.

Hawgdriver
06-03-2016, 02:04 AM

Not me. I hope he does something even more stupid so there are fewer guests on the team, and more room on the roster for players that contribute.

BroncoJoe
06-03-2016, 07:00 AM
So, when I was a lot younger and working in the family business that was failing, I couldn't afford to renew my license plates. I'd go 45+ days sometimes without a paycheck. Not an easy thing with a wife and newborn at home. I racked up around 15 tickets for driving with expired plates and no proof of insurance.

The police actually came to my house and arrested me one morning. Our family/business attorney was out of town, so we went to court and my brother was there to pay the fines (and we had also registered the car and had insurance at the time of arrest) so we thought everything would be OK. Nope. The judge said "I've never seen such a blatant disrespect for the law" and sentenced me to 30 days in jail. That was the worst day of my life. Three days later, our attorney was back in town and got me released, but I was still there for three f'ing days.

Valar Morghulis
06-03-2016, 07:52 AM
So, when I was a lot younger and working in the family business that was failing, I couldn't afford to renew my license plates. I'd go 45+ days sometimes without a paycheck. Not an easy thing with a wife and newborn at home. I racked up around 15 tickets for driving with expired plates and no proof of insurance. The police actually came to my house and arrested me one morning. Our family/business attorney was out of town, so we went to court and my brother was there to pay the fines (and we had also registered the car and had insurance at the time of arrest) so we thought everything would be OK. Nope. The judge said "I've never seen such a blatant disrespect for the law" and sentenced me to 30 days in jail. That was the worst day of my life. Three days later, our attorney was back in town and got me released, but I was still there for three f'ing days.

Lol what a criminal!!!

Dapper Dan
06-03-2016, 08:05 AM
Lol what a criminal!!!

I'm kinda turned on by the Bad Boy Joe.

Tned
06-03-2016, 08:08 AM

Didn't know about his dark past.

BroncoJoe
06-03-2016, 10:39 AM
Lol what a criminal!!!

Didn't know about his dark past.

Oh believe me - there are things that I wouldn't ever tell anyone about. Not even the wife.

Funny thing is about that whole mess was because of the stress of being part of a failing business, and being married to someone I didn't really like, it was almost a vacation.

Joel
06-03-2016, 12:19 PM
Ive had a couple warrants for my arrest, if cops come looking for people with arrest warrants they suck at it.

I grew up down the street from a couple that were both cops.
They're not always actively looking, and even when they are it doesn't involve every single cop in town.

However, if you'd been involved in something that caused the police to be involved and that couple happened to be the police who responded, I doubt the fact you knew them would've prevented them performing their legal duty to arrest you once they ran your name and saw you had two warrants. Or if the warrants had been old/numerous enough you were targeted in a sweep they were assigned to conduct.

So, when I was a lot younger and working in the family business that was failing, I couldn't afford to renew my license plates. I'd go 45+ days sometimes without a paycheck. Not an easy thing with a wife and newborn at home. I racked up around 15 tickets for driving with expired plates and no proof of insurance.

The police actually came to my house and arrested me one morning. Our family/business attorney was out of town, so we went to court and my brother was there to pay the fines (and we had also registered the car and had insurance at the time of arrest) so we thought everything would be OK. Nope. The judge said "I've never seen such a blatant disrespect for the law" and sentenced me to 30 days in jail. That was the worst day of my life. Three days later, our attorney was back in town and got me released, but I was still there for three f'ing days.
My impression (FWIW) is that's about how far it must go before cops actually start showing up at peoples homes to serve warrants over traffic fines. Latimer only had one relatively recent fine, so no one bothered with it till the cops showed up at his home for a completely unrelated reason, but then they ran everyone names and discovered their obligation to arrest him.

Ironically, your situation was (IMHO) far more understandable and excusable than his. You had a LOT of stuff going on and lacked the steady income to pay a bunch of fines in ADDITION to renewal fees: Latimer's a 2nd round draft pick who had plenty of cash to pay his lone fine, but just couldn't be bothered. So he GOT bothered.

dogfish
06-03-2016, 01:01 PM
joe, your goody two shoes image has taken a real hit here today. . .

BroncoJoe
06-03-2016, 01:38 PM
joe, your goody two shoes image has taken a real hit here today. . .

If you only knew, dog. If you only knew.

BroncoWave
06-03-2016, 01:39 PM
Damn, and I though I was a hard-ass for simply briefly having a warrant out for my arrest once.

BroncoJoe
06-03-2016, 01:42 PM
Damn, and I though I was a hard-ass for simply briefly having a warrant out for my arrest once.

My only regret is I didn't get a prison tattoo.

Davii
06-03-2016, 02:07 PM
I spent a single evening in jail once. Once.

aberdien
06-03-2016, 02:37 PM
Joe in Prison:

EA0DrEkEPtA

dogfish
06-03-2016, 04:04 PM
If you only knew, dog. If you only knew.

i want to know!

BroncoJoe
06-03-2016, 04:08 PM
i want to know!

I'll take some of my escapades and actions in the past to my grave.

Simple Jaded
06-04-2016, 11:18 PM
Big Bad Joe is Sweet Joseph now, married life done changed him somehow. He's the man the town used to fear, now they all call him Sweet Papa Joey Dear.

tomjonesrocks
06-04-2016, 11:20 PM
Big Bad Joe is Sweet Joseph now, married life done changed him somehow. He's the man the town used to fear, now they all call him Old Man Joey Dear.

Big Bad Joe don't fight anymore, no, no, no
He's doin' the dishes....moppin' up that floor, yes he is...!

Simple Jaded
06-04-2016, 11:27 PM
Big Bad Joe don't fight anymore, no, no, no
He's doin' the dishes....moppin' up that floor, yes he is...!

Well he used to go out drinking and looking for a fight, now he's gotta see that sweet woman every night...

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-05-2016, 12:36 AM
:laugh:

dogfish
06-05-2016, 10:14 AM
I'll take some of my escapades and actions in the past to my grave.

that's fine. . . just tell me about it before you do. . .