PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Brandon Marshall practicing without contract in hopes it leads to one

Denver Native (Carol)
05-27-2016, 03:29 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- There are times when Brandon Marshall uses the 140-character world that is Twitter for entertainment, to engage, to make a point, or to remind people he's not that Brandon Marshall.

He's the Brandon Marshall who has a Super Bowl ring and plans to help the Denver Broncos get another title. When Broncos like Brock Osweiler and linebacker Danny Trevathan left via free agency, Marshall reminded his followers the Broncos are still the champs.

Marshall is so intent on helping the Broncos back to the Super Bowl, keeping his starting spot and helping the defense keep the No. 1 ranking, he is participating in the offseason program without a contract.

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/20474/brandon-marshall-all-about-ball-so-willing-to-practice-without-a-contract-in-hopes-it-will-lead-to-one

Denver Native (Carol)
05-27-2016, 03:34 PM
from same article:

Marshall and the Broncos agreed to a waiver that would cover Marshall if he were injured during the team's workouts. It means Marshall has taken part in the meetings and will practice as soon as he recovers from finger surgery.

"I love it here. I love it here, man," Marshall said after Thursday's practice. "Ever since I got here, in 2013, they've treated me like family, even when I was on the practice squad. It just shows, I'm really all about ball, getting better and being with the team. ... To stay away, that's not me. I feel comfortable being here."

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/20474/brandon-marshall-all-about-ball-so-willing-to-practice-without-a-contract-in-hopes-it-will-lead-to-one

BroncoJoe
05-27-2016, 03:40 PM
Great. Do what Wolfe did then, Brandon. We can't afford everyone.

SoCalImport
05-29-2016, 12:10 AM
Dude is fast becoming one of my favorite Broncos. I really hope they get a deal done...but Von's first. What a relief it will be when these guys have new contracts in place.

Poet
05-29-2016, 12:13 AM
Brave man. Very brave man.