PDA

View Full Version : Sanchez has thumb surgery, will miss at least a week

VonDoom
05-16-2016, 02:10 PM
The Denver Broncos are expected to begin their organized team activities next Tuesday without Mark Sanchez participating on the field.

The Broncos veteran quarterback underwent a surgical procedure Saturday to repair a torn ligament in his left, non-throwing hand. Sanchez is expected to be out at least a week, putting his return at least a few days into the team's OTAs.

Sanchez suffered the injury Thursday during weight room work. He completed the workout, but when the pain persisted he went to see the trainers. He underwent the procedure Saturday in Vail.

On Friday – the day after he suffered his injury and day before his procedure – Sanchez took 100 patients at Children’s Hospital Colorado to their prom. He has been one of the team's most visible members in the community since he was acquired from Philadelphia in March.

http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/broncos-quarterback-mark-sanchez-to-miss-at-least-a-week-following-left-thumb-surgery/196710878

Magnificent Seven
05-16-2016, 03:36 PM
It's show time, Paxton Lynch! This is your opportunity to win this starting job!

Denver Native (Carol)
05-16-2016, 03:48 PM
It's show time, Paxton Lynch! This is your opportunity to win this starting job!

I don't agree with this. IMO, it is better to take time with him.

VonDoom
05-16-2016, 04:22 PM

I agree. It will be good that Siemian and Lynch get more reps next week, but why are people so eager to rush Lynch out there? He'll be better off in the long run if they take their time developing him and let Sanchez "manage" games this year.

sneakers
05-16-2016, 04:40 PM
"at least a week"

I would hope so

Bronco4ever
05-16-2016, 04:46 PM
Missing one week in the middle of May isn't the end of the world. I'd be more concerned if this was the start of training camp. If nothing else, Sanchez seems like a good teammate and a great guy in the community. Nothing to see here.

MOtorboat
05-16-2016, 06:09 PM
A whole week in May. A whole week.

Simple Jaded
05-16-2016, 06:46 PM
How's the G he ran his thumb into? Somebody got violated.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-16-2016, 07:51 PM

He was being sarcastic Carol.

TXBRONC
05-17-2016, 08:16 AM

It's could give him a leg up because he will get a lot extra reps. Elway did say that he thought Lynch might be ready sooner than people think. I was watching Mason's Mailbag on Broncos TV and he commented that he thinks Lynch becoming the starting quarterback is dependent his development and not on what Sanchez does or does not do.

Zweems56
05-17-2016, 09:10 AM
It's could give him a leg up because he will get a lot extra reps. Elway did say that he thought Lynch might be ready sooner than people think. I was watching Mason's Mailbag on Broncos TV and he commented that he thinks Lynch becoming the starting quarterback is dependent his development and not on what Sanchez does or does not do.

That was purely a statement based on Mase's principles, though. His principle is that "The best QB should start, no matter what," and as such, he stated that if Lynch happens to be the best QB on the roster come day 1, he should start. That argument could be applied to Trevor Siemian, Mark Sanchez, or Riley Dixon (however unlikely) even. The question framed the response because the question was about Lynch, but Mason's principle is blind to name, potential, or draft position.

Dapper Dan
05-17-2016, 10:37 AM

Hole weak

tomjonesrocks
05-17-2016, 10:27 PM

Jesus. We'd better get TJ Yates on the horn if Sanchez is going to miss that kind of time.

Simple Jaded
05-17-2016, 10:58 PM
Jesus. We'd better get TJ Yates on the horn if Sanchez is going to miss that kind of time.

Some things just aren't funny, tom jones.

TXBRONC
05-18-2016, 09:09 AM

Jesus doesn't care.