PDA

View Full Version : SB 50 got deleted from my DVR!! Sending out an S.O.S.

DenBronx
05-13-2016, 05:30 PM
Really really pissed off right now. Went to go watch SB 50 before work and it's not on my DVR anymore. Like....Wtf??? Someone at my house could have deleted it but It's possible the DVR itself ran out of room. I will launch a full investigation after I get home.

So does anyone know where I can buy the DVD of the full game? I know there is a DVD of SB 50 with Manning but it only actually shows like 15 mins of the SB. I want the FULL game. Someone help!!!

Slick
05-13-2016, 05:31 PM
Really really pissed off right now. Went to go watch SB 50 before work and it's not on my DVR anymore. Like....Wtf??? Someone at my house could have deleted it but It's possible the DVR itself ran out of room. I will launch a full investigation after I get home.

So does anyone know where I can buy the DVD of the full game? I know there is a DVD of SB 50 with Manning but it only actually shows like 15 mins of the SB. I want the FULL game. Someone help!!!

Torrentz

underrated29
05-13-2016, 05:48 PM
Same happened to me in the move. I lost all of my broncos games! All of them, Afccg, superbowl, everything. Ive been searching NFLN for anything broncos, only old games against the colts, ravens and soemone else came up.

I need to see the afccg and superbowl again. I have yet to re-watch them.

karnage
05-13-2016, 05:53 PM
How back into your menu. You should have a listing that says recently deleted. You should be able to restore it from there,and then change it to erase with permission only.

OrangeHoof
05-13-2016, 06:35 PM
Before I turned it in, I noticed my cable DVR box removed titles after about 4-5 months. My solution would be to get NFL GamePass because they will have a library of all NFL games from the past 5 years. Don't know how easy they will be on copy-protection though. Also, the NFL is going to start making game replays available soon on YouTube.

tomjonesrocks
05-13-2016, 06:47 PM
I really need to see if there's a way to download my game off the DVR.

Every year I flirt with cordcuttibg and and actually my equipment has a few issues. I love all the postgame stuff too.

If you still need it in a few weeks let me know. Will be awhile before I get to it but it's on my list.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-13-2016, 06:59 PM
http://shop.denverbroncos.com/Denver_Broncos_Accessories_Super_Bowl_Gear

Shows it here

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-13-2016, 07:31 PM

Every year I flirt with cordcuttibg and and actually my equipment has a few issues. I love all the postgame stuff too.

If you still need it in a few weeks let me know. Will be awhile before I get to it but it's on my list.

The only way I know of is to download to an external hard drive.

VonDoom
05-13-2016, 08:15 PM
Torrentz

Bingo

Denver Native (Carol)
05-13-2016, 08:15 PM

See if any of these will do

https://www.google.com/#q=copy+footage+from+dvr

DenBronx
05-13-2016, 08:41 PM
http://shop.denverbroncos.com/Denver_Broncos_Accessories_Super_Bowl_Gear

Shows it here

That's the same one on Amazon and it's not the full game, very little of it in fact but thank you Carol.

DenBronx
05-13-2016, 08:42 PM
How back into your menu. You should have a listing that says recently deleted. You should be able to restore it from there,and then change it to erase with permission only.

I will try this tonight. I hope to God it's still there, even had it starting early plus an hour after.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-13-2016, 09:15 PM
That's the same one on Amazon and it's not the full game, very little of it in fact but thank you Carol.

NFL Network will probably replay it soon.

Simple Jaded
05-13-2016, 11:51 PM
Shit I have games from 2014 that the wife wants me to get rid of, I wish I knew how to put on DVD.

rjent
05-14-2016, 12:03 AM
Check your PM's DB

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-14-2016, 12:04 AM
Shit I have games from 2014 that the wife wants me to get rid of, I wish I knew how to put on DVD.

Hard drive

Simple Jaded
05-14-2016, 12:20 AM
Hard drive

From Direct TV DVR?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-14-2016, 12:27 AM
From Direct TV DVR?

Call them and ask, but thats how you get.snows off a dish dvr.

Simple Jaded
05-14-2016, 12:29 AM

I like snow.

DenBronx
05-14-2016, 07:44 AM

I like snow.

Snow from Game of Thrones is cool. Can he play safety?

DenBronx
05-14-2016, 07:45 AM
Check your PM's DB

Thanks rjent!

DenBronx
05-14-2016, 07:50 AM

NFL Network will probably replay it soon.

I was thinking they would before the season starts but it cuts out so much.

Gonna check the recently deleted from the DVR (Direct TV) and see if I can restore like someone already mentioned.

Am I insane for wanting to watch this game maybe for the 10th time again? My family keeps telling me I am watching the History channel when I watch it. Lolol

VonDoom
05-14-2016, 08:44 AM
I was thinking they would before the season starts but it cuts out so much.

Gonna check the recently deleted from the DVR (Direct TV) and see if I can restore like someone already mentioned.

Am I insane for wanting to watch this game maybe for the 10th time again? My family keeps telling me I am watching the History channel when I watch it. Lolol

I don't think it's possible to watch that game too many times :beer:

Denver Native (Carol)
05-14-2016, 09:58 AM
Here's some information, if you need it

How to Recover Accidentally Deleted Programs From a DirecTV DVR
http://www.ehow.com/how_7683256_recover-deleted-programs-directv-dvr.html

Spiritguy
05-14-2016, 10:41 AM
This may help. :D

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/602748-Broncos-Gameday-Thread-*Super-Bowl-50-Edition*-Broncos-vs-Panthers-02-07-16?p=2464358#post2464358

EDIT: link goes to a page where a guy shares copies of the whole 2015 season you can download. Only downside is the place it's stored is a pay site. Guess it depends of how bad you want a copy. Upside is you would have it on your PC! :)

OrangeHoof
05-15-2016, 12:41 PM
A DVD recorder solves a lot of these issues but you run into copy-protect issues when it is not sporting events. YouTube has the condensed SB50 broadcast that runs less than an hour. It contains every play, snap to whistle with a few replays but cuts out all the chit-chat between plays and all the commercials, halftime, etc. Very satisfying particularly if your tolerance level for Phil Simms is limited.

Dzone
05-15-2016, 02:22 PM
Oh man that sucks.
I called comcast after super bowl 50 and told them I want to put the super bowl from the dvr to dvd. I was wanting to shut off $190 a month comcast because I do not watch TV except for football. I was told that there is NO WAY to transfer the dvr content and that if I wanted to keep them, I had to keep subscribing to comcast. So I have continued to pay for comcast cable tv which I rarely turn on, for the simple reason of keeping the super bowl recording on my tv. That sucks. It's Expensive as hell when your team wins the super bowl. lol

JPPT1974
05-15-2016, 02:47 PM
Weather happened when it got deleted as well as do not watch TV except for news, football, and Survivor. But still NFL Network cuts down the starting line up to get to the game. Just thought I would give you all the heads up!

Tned
05-15-2016, 03:32 PM
Can't help with undeleting, but in terms of voting from DVR to DVD, the only viable option I have found is Hauppauge HD PVR or something similar, which takes advantage of the component out HD feed.

OrangeHoof
05-15-2016, 05:14 PM
Here's the condensed version I was referring to earlier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4aPvP2nUcY

full screen, every play, no bs.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-15-2016, 05:37 PM

Check your pm's please. I had a question about sling.

OrangeHoof
05-15-2016, 09:13 PM
I don't see it. Feel free to post here or the recent Sling thread.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-15-2016, 09:37 PM
I don't see it. Feel free to post here or the recent Sling thread.

Ok, I downloaded the sling app, just to see if I would like it with the free trial period. The picture and sound was horrible when I mirrored it on my tv.
Is it HD when you use the Roku?

DenBronx
05-15-2016, 09:58 PM

Says this video is unavailable.

OrangeHoof
05-16-2016, 12:44 AM
Ok, I downloaded the sling app, just to see if I would like it with the free trial period. The picture and sound was horrible when I mirrored it on my tv.
Is it HD when you use the Roku?

If it's like mine, you have an internet signal going through a modem then a wi-fi router and the Roku picks up the signal and de-encrypts it to show on your tv set. If there's anything in that chain that is subpar, your picture quality will suffer. You can also try scaling back from a 1080 picture to a 720 picture and see if it looks better. Quality tends to vary widely depending on what you are streaming but I am overall happy with the picture quality. My worry is more about freezing and pixelating.

BTW, there is a YouTube app on Roku where you can select the program without having to ask your PC to mirror it back to the tv (if I understand what you mean) My download speed between internet and PC is 93.47 MBps while the upload speed (generally not important in streaming) is 23.69 MBps. You can go to a site like speakeasy ( https://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ ) to test that. Then check out what your router can handle. There is a speedtest app on the Roku as well. I'm still getting 25-30 MBps there.

Now, here's a catch. I'm using Roku1 and sending it through RCA jacks which is apt to lessen the speed and quality because it has older, less-capable processors. BUT, by running it this way, i can also de-encrypt more programs so that I'm able to record more of what I want.

Overall, no the quality isn't quite what I used to get with my cable box but I'm also not spending what I used to spend for cable so there is a trade off. For the most part, the picture quality is good enough. I imagine if I tried to watch on a 60-inch, I'd be less impressed. The newer Rokus have stronger processors that handle HD's heavier bandwidths better so if that's what you are after, you may just be disappointed with streaming altogether.

OrangeHoof
05-16-2016, 12:59 AM
Says this video is unavailable.

Mine works just fine. Try this one which was the AFC Championship Game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpSlPzRZEYs

Simple Jaded
05-16-2016, 02:24 AM
A DVD recorder solves a lot of these issues but you run into copy-protect issues when it is not sporting events. YouTube has the condensed SB50 broadcast that runs less than an hour. It contains every play, snap to whistle with a few replays but cuts out all the chit-chat between plays and all the commercials, halftime, etc. Very satisfying particularly if your tolerance level for Phil Simms is limited.
I have a DVD Recorder, how do you put it on a DVD?

OrangeHoof
05-16-2016, 09:31 AM
You need the DVD recorder downstream from the place you've recorded the game/program. Hopefully, the output connections from the DVR (RCA Jacks, HDMI) match the incoming connections on the DVD recorder. Next, connect the output of your DVD recorder to your tv set so you can watch what you're doing. Then follow the instructions of the DVD recorder.

If you want something permanent, it will look like this: incoming signal ---> DVR box ---> DVD recorder ---> TV

If your picture quality degrades by running it through the DVD, you can often bypass the signal direct from the DVR to the TV if the DVD is not in use.

Be forewarned that many non-sporting events now carry a signal that tells the DVD Recorder it cannot record this program. If you wanted to record Game of Thrones or Walking Dead, etc., you're SOL. For some reason, this hasn't happened to live sporting events but I would not be surprised if it happens in the next five years.

The other problem is that DVD recorders have a low shelf life so you find yourself replacing them every 3-5 years. Either the recording element stops working or the load/scan device quits. That's why so many techies have switched to PVRs in hard drives where they are no longer fooling with the record/scan issues with DVDs. The issue with PVRs is that there is not a good way to take DVR signals and download them to your own hard drive. You pretty much have to use streaming. Also, HD programs are pretty large files so you need a lot of storage space to keep them that way.

Tned
05-21-2016, 12:43 AM
If you want to record and burn a bluray quality, HD stream off of a DVR, this is one of the only (and simplest) way to do it.

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html

The keys are:

The source (DVR or whatever) needs to have component outputs (Red, green blue) and then once you record it to your PC, you will need to burn it to a Bluray burner on your PC, but they include software to do that.

sneakers
05-21-2016, 06:27 AM
Torrentz

That's how I got it too, but I bricked my pc the otherday

sneakers
05-25-2016, 04:30 AM
Look at this post in a mirror for instructions about how to download the full thing
I just had to redownload it since I bricked my hard drive the other day, took 30 minutes to download the 8GB file in HD

)erawlam on ,eerf s'ti( eguleD dellac margorp a daolnwod :1 petS
eguled llatsni :2 petS
lmth.22204021t-hds-cs-dhcva-p027-70-20-6102-socnorb-sv-srehtnap-05-lwob-repus-lfn/rc.tak//:ptth :knil no kcilc :3 petS
neercs eht fo pot eht ta noci tengam eht no kcilC :4 petS
gnidaolnwod trats lliw ti dna eguled no "ko" kcilc :5 petS

Enjoy

Davii
05-25-2016, 08:25 AM
Look at this post in a mirror for instructions about how to download the full thing
I just had to redownload it since I bricked my hard drive the other day, took 30 minutes to download the 8GB file in HD

)erawlam on ,eerf s'ti( eguleD dellac margorp a daolnwod :1 petS
eguled llatsni :2 petS
lmth.22204021t-hds-cs-dhcva-p027-70-20-6102-socnorb-sv-srehtnap-05-lwob-repus-lfn/rc.tak//:ptth :knil no kcilc :3 petS
neercs eht fo pot eht ta noci tengam eht no kcilC :4 petS
gnidaolnwod trats lliw ti dna eguled no "ko" kcilc :5 petS

Enjoy

Sneaks, what is that and how does one go about using it?

Lol, nevermind, read the instructions right? I read it without a mirror, I just read backwards. Will it still work? lol

Slick
05-25-2016, 08:33 AM
That's how I got it too, but I bricked my pc the otherday

I've never had that problem but my OS is Linux Mint.

I bricked my tablet once trying to flash the Marshmallow OS on my Samsung Note 10.1 but I got it straightened out using some helpful YouTube videos. My tablet used Jelly Bean. Marshmallow is pretty cool!

Davii
05-25-2016, 08:36 AM
I've never had that problem but my OS is Linux Mint.

I bricked my tablet once trying to flash the Marshmallow OS on my Samsung Note 10.1 but I got it straightened out using some helpful YouTube videos. My tablet used Jelly Bean. Marshmallow is pretty cool!

Marshmallow is pretty nice. I have bricked PLENTY of Linux devices, Sun servers, lots.

Slick
05-25-2016, 08:38 AM
Marshmallow is pretty nice. I have bricked PLENTY of Linux devices, Sun servers, lots.

How? I haven't had a problem with Linux ever.

Davii
05-25-2016, 08:41 AM
How? I haven't had a problem with Linux ever.

Typically applying patches and updates. I'm talking about Sun servers used on our networks, in the data center, and in all of our VSAT systems (mobile broadband satellite network).

OrangeHoof
05-25-2016, 12:46 PM
I tried reading the instructions backwards but I wound up with Super Bowl 05.

Simple Jaded
05-25-2016, 09:50 PM
Nerd alert.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-25-2016, 09:50 PM
Nerd alert.

Wassup?

Simple Jaded
05-25-2016, 09:54 PM
Wassup?

I still can't figure out my DVD Recorder, I think I have brain envy.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-25-2016, 09:56 PM
I still can't figure out my DVD Recorder, I think I have brain envy.

Did you try downloading to an external hard drive? Any dvr on the market should be able to do that.
Have you called Direct TV?