PDA

View Full Version : Bronco Presser 5/11/16

Denver Native (Carol)
05-11-2016, 01:05 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 49s

Shane Ray says he's playing on the strong side as much as the weak side so far this offseason.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m

Shane Ray: "Everything I took from last year just helped me advance so much."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m

Shane Ray: "I felt like I was a little bit behind [last year]" ... also felt like he had to learn how to be a pro in study habits, eating.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 4m

Shaq Barrett: "We miss Von a lot. We support him."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 5m

Shaq Barrett says that he wants to be a leader, but he knows he needs to get better at helping teammates out.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 6m

Shaq Barrett, on starting, w/ Ware seeing less work: "That's what the coaches want." Will compete w/ Ray. "I'm ready if they need me to."

Denver Native (Carol)
05-11-2016, 01:11 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 8s

Shane Ray says he's 245 pounds with 10 percent body fat. Staying away from fried foods. Lean meats. Salad. Not much sugar. Lots of water.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 34s

Shane Ray says he's added eight pounds of muscle in the offseason, and has been on a "really strict diet."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 27s

Shane Ray thinks the defense can be better this year, because he, Barrett and Roby are a year older & better, he feels. "More firepower."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 12s

Shane Ray said his advice to Paxton Lynch, as a fellow first-round pick, is just "to take it day by day ... embrace the rookie experience."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 4s

Shane Ray describes former @MizzouFootball & current @Broncos teammate Connor McGovern as a "weight-room animal."

Denver Native (Carol)
05-11-2016, 05:00 PM
Barrett looks to build off breakout year

Linebacker Shaquil Barrett explains what he felt was the difference in his play last season, plus how he plans to take the next step in solidifying his progress with the Broncos.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Barrett-looks-to-build-off-breakout-year-/7120998e-7ee0-411a-a1a4-48bc8ce6aa4a

Denver Native (Carol)
05-11-2016, 05:07 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- From an individual perspective, Shane Ray's rookie season did not go as he would have hoped.

A lingering toe injury kept him from taking part in offseason work. A sprained medial collateral ligament suffered in Week 6 sidelined him for two games.

"I felt like I was a little bit behind, and I had to work extra hard to try to catch up to where I felt I needed to be," Ray said.

Those were the factors beyond his control. But Ray also learned that his study of the game and his dietary habits were not where they needed to be for long-term pro success.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Shane-Ray-hopes-altered-diet-improved-study-habits-help-him-bring-more-to-Broncos-in-Year-Two/266e40a8-0bf6-4c02-9ea5-e74c05360d20

Denver Native (Carol)
05-11-2016, 05:12 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Few people know more about the steps Paxton Lynch will take in the coming months than Shane Ray.

Their experiences won't be exactly the same; the spotlight on a quarterback like Lynch is different than it is for Ray at outside linebacker. But both were first-round picks so coveted by the Broncos that they traded up five spots to select them.

Ray said he spoke with Lynch this week about the expectations that a first-round pick faces.

"I told Paxton to just kind of take it day-by-day. That's all you can really do as a rookie, with all the pressures that you're going to have being a leader of your rookie class," Ray said.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/From-one-first-rounder-to-another-Shane-Ray-reaches-out-to-Paxton-Lynch/813fdb89-b54b-45c7-9dfa-ed82a1147cbb

OrangeHoof
05-11-2016, 05:50 PM
The Broncos are a mature organization that rarely needs to have a rookie play a vital role right away.

Ray last year.
Roby the year before.
Sly the year before that.

We draft guys and hopefully give them a year to grow slowly. Remember this if you think Lynch should be starting sooner. That's not the Broncos' M.O.