PDA

View Full Version : I'm done with Yahoo email forever

FanInAZ
05-10-2016, 02:17 PM
I sent an email with the link to my latest video to the local Autism Community. Someone hacked into the conversation & started sending abusive replies to everyone. So I have to tell everyone to start sending all of my emails to their spam folder & that I'd contact them with a new email account with a different provider later.

Magnificent Seven
05-10-2016, 03:09 PM
I sent an email with the link to my latest video to the local Autism Community. Someone hacked into the conversation & started sending abusive replies to everyone. So I have to tell everyone to start sending all of my emails to their spam folder & that I'd contact them with a new email account with a different provider later.

Gmail is highly recommended.

Dapper Dan
05-10-2016, 03:20 PM
I've never had a problem with Yahoo or Windows emails.

FanInAZ
05-10-2016, 03:25 PM

I've already set up a new account with Outlook

Dapper Dan
05-10-2016, 03:33 PM
I've already set up a new account with Outlook

Outlook is okay, I just don't like the setup of the app or the web page. It's too glitchy. Not very user friendly, IMO. But Yahoo isn't much better either. I like a classic interface.

FanInAZ
05-10-2016, 03:39 PM
Outlook is okay, I just don't like the setup of the app or the web page. It's too glitchy. Not very user friendly, IMO. But Yahoo isn't much better either. I like a classic interface.

I was never going to start a new Yahoo account anyways because they now insist on you providing your phone # start an account. There's no way I'm trusting my # to them. Its just that I'm now going to abandon the one I have.

Update: I just reported the individual to the FBI's cyber-crime division on the grounds that he/she would've had to hack into my account to join this conversation that he/she was never invited to join.

BroncoJoe
05-10-2016, 04:09 PM
I'm sure the FBI will jump right on this!

No offense, but engaging the FBI is a bit over the top, isn't it? They probably (just guessing) have a few more important issues on their plate.

FanInAZ
05-10-2016, 04:20 PM

No offense, but engaging the FBI is a bit over the top, isn't it? They probably (just guessing) have a few more important issues on their plate.

Today, a mental disturbed individual is hacking my email, what my he/she escalate to in the future? This may be why they have a specific unit set up to handle issues like theses. In any case, informing the individual about this has put a complete stop to the harassment. Whether or not the FBI is really going to put much effort into this, mentally disturbed individuals have a tendency to be paranoid of them.

Dapper Dan
05-10-2016, 04:31 PM

Like Hillary's emails. Amiright? *nudge* *nudge*

Shazam!
05-10-2016, 05:10 PM
What is this 'Yahoo mail' you speak of?

aberdien
05-10-2016, 06:11 PM
You're only about 5 years late!

I don't understand why people wouldn't use gmail. It's so versatile and easy to use.

Dapper Dan
05-10-2016, 06:50 PM
You're only about 5 years late!

I don't understand why people wouldn't use gmail. It's so versatile and easy to use.

I think I have an account, but I don't use it. Maybe someday I will.

Rick
05-13-2016, 04:22 PM
I use outlook, I hate gmail.

sneakers
05-25-2016, 05:16 AM
yahoo has really gone down in their desperate attempt to stay relevant, you the front page is "sponsored content" every other article

Davii
05-25-2016, 07:55 AM
yahoo has really gone down in their desperate attempt to stay relevant, you the front page is "sponsored content" every other article

snikrs plz.

TXBRONC
06-08-2016, 06:44 PM

I like my GMail account.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-08-2016, 06:48 PM
I like my GMail account.

I like it quite a bit too. I also like how the calendar links with my mobile device, calendar invites, etc.

Rick
06-08-2016, 10:26 PM
I hate gmails labels where everything shows as new mail. Outlook has folders and only mail in the actual inbox notifies on your devices. I have folders set up where I want new mail of certain types to land so I can check those folders on occasion but I don't want to be notified every time one comes through like I want in my main inbox. Also outlook calendar links with mobile devices as well.

MasterShake
06-09-2016, 03:42 PM
I use my Yahoo email all the time... to sign up for shit or other things I know I will get spam for. I haven't used it in years outside of the pickem and to have a throwaway email.

Canmore
06-09-2016, 04:35 PM
I use my Yahoo email all the time... to sign up for shit or other things I know I will get spam for. I haven't used it in years outside of the pickem and to have a throwaway email.

I do the same.

Canmore
06-10-2016, 01:42 AM
Posted this in the lounge, but it maybe useful for those that can't access that forum.

My internet connection has slowed to a crawl. I'm with Charter and they advertise speed of 60 Mbps, I use a wireless connection and I used to get high 40's and low 50's when I would check my speed. Figured the drop off was due to the wireless connection. Lately I've been getting mid 20's and as low as 8. Charter replaced my modem and checked my speed at the modem...65. They called it good. I checked my speed... mid 20's still. So I call and they say bring in the wireless router and replace it. So I do that. Check my speed again... no change. So I start to wonder if it is my computer, I have a desktop HP that is 4 years old. I've been running Windows 7 and debating upgrading to Windows 10. So I take the plunge to Windows 10 tonight. Spend hours re-configuring Windows 10 security holes. Run the speed test again...24. WTF! Open up Task Manager and see Chrome 32. What, I have a 64 bit computer? Is this the problem? Upgrade to Chrome 64. Run the speed test. Wola! 63 over the wireless. Needless to say I am once again a happy camper.