PDA

View Full Version : Our new punter

Dapper Dan
05-07-2016, 08:45 PM
Riley Dixon: "I got a little fire inside me. I'm not just a deadhead who runs out there & kicks & runs off the field. I have emotions, too."

Dapper Dan
05-07-2016, 08:46 PM
Sounds like we've got a real blue collar guy.

FanInAZ
05-07-2016, 09:06 PM
So this means he won't get accidentally kicked in the head by Antonio Brown by going into the fetal position, compelling Brown to try & hurdle him?

Dapper Dan
05-07-2016, 10:03 PM
So this means he won't get accidentally kicked in the head by Antonio Brown by going into the fetal position, compelling Brown to try & hurdle him?

I heard he's gonna play safety too

Simple Jaded
05-07-2016, 10:41 PM
Kickers.

NightTerror218
05-07-2016, 11:05 PM
Colquitt is in trouble.

aberdien
05-07-2016, 11:27 PM
So he doesn't like the Grateful Dead?

Dapper Dan
05-07-2016, 11:36 PM
So he doesn't like the Grateful Dead?

I looked at his twitter to find something music related. Apparently he likes Garth Brooks. He's obsessed with someone named God. He likes Tebow and Peyton. Two Bronco legends. Three if you count God.

CrazyHorse
05-08-2016, 01:16 AM
I want to see the Broncos punter take someone's head off.

FanInAZ
05-08-2016, 01:23 AM
I want to see the Broncos punter take someone's head off.

Like Jason Elam when he planted that Patriots KR in that 2006 playoff game :D

Dapper Dan
05-08-2016, 01:30 AM

Gifs or it didn't happen.

FanInAZ
05-08-2016, 01:39 AM
Gifs or it didn't happen.

Everyone that watched that game knows it happend :nod:

Dapper Dan
05-08-2016, 01:47 AM
Everyone that watched that game knows it happend :nod:

That was a decade ago. I was a Junior in high school. Show me something.

FanInAZ
05-08-2016, 01:55 AM
That was a decade ago. I was a Junior in high school. Show me something.

I'll need a better internet connection to see if its on YouTube. Just search Jason Elam & hopefully you'll find it, along with him kicking a 63 yard FG.

dogfish
05-08-2016, 02:18 AM
Riley Dixon: "I got a little fire inside me. I'm not just a deadhead who runs out there & kicks & runs off the field. I have emotions, too."

it's a good thing he's not a deadhead-- we saw where too much partying got brewer. . .

OrangeHoof
05-08-2016, 10:12 AM
Just shut up and do your job, son. You haven't won anything yet.

Joel
05-08-2016, 11:41 AM
Colquitt really redeemed himself last postseason, IMHO, and was devastating in the SB; his only bad punt was the final pointless one, and while everyone else high-fived the imminent Championship, he went to the bench slamming his helmet down in disgust at himself. The rest though?

50 yds with a -1 return; it pinned Camolina at their 15 and set up the strip-sack-TD that gave us a 10-0 lead just three plays later.
47 yds with a -2 return
43 yds out of bounds, sorely needed from inside our own 10; before that he'd booted it 52 yds out of bounds, but called back because Davis was flagged.
53 yds with a fair catch; that pinned Camolina just inside their 20 for the final first half drive (ended by Wares sack after they reached our 45—just out of FG range.)
54 yds with a 3 yd return; with a Panthers penalty, that moved the ball from inside our 20 to inside THEIRS, even though our "drive" only gained 8 yds.
44 yds with a fair catch
48 yds out of bounds

He averaged 45.9 even with the 28 yarder at the end (Nortman was good too, averaging 45, but Colquitt was better.) That's big boy punting: Nice distance, NO return. Some of it was our gunners (Webster killed their return man just before the strip-sack-TD; OTOH, Davis cost Colquitt a 52 yd punt by crossing the line before the kick) but some of it's Colquitt getting hang time AND distance. We may not be able to AFFORD it, but I'm more than content with his performance.

Dapper Dan
05-08-2016, 02:28 PM
Colquitt really redeemed himself last postseason, IMHO, and was devastating in the SB; his only bad punt was the final pointless one, and while everyone else high-fived the imminent Championship, he went to the bench slamming his helmet down in disgust at himself. The rest though?

50 yds with a -1 return; it pinned Camolina at their 15 and set up the strip-sack-TD that gave us a 10-0 lead just three plays later.
47 yds with a -2 return
43 yds out of bounds, sorely needed from inside our own 10; before that he'd booted it 52 yds out of bounds, but called back because Davis was flagged.
53 yds with a fair catch; that pinned Camolina just inside their 20 for the final first half drive (ended by Wares sack after they reached our 45—just out of FG range.)
54 yds with a 3 yd return; with a Panthers penalty, that moved the ball from inside our 20 to inside THEIRS, even though our "drive" only gained 8 yds.
44 yds with a fair catch
48 yds out of bounds

He averaged 45.9 even with the 28 yarder at the end (Nortman was good too, averaging 45, but Colquitt was better.) That's big boy punting: Nice distance, NO return. Some of it was our gunners (Webster killed their return man just before the strip-sack-TD; OTOH, Davis cost Colquitt a 52 yd punt by crossing the line before the kick) but some of it's Colquitt getting hang time AND distance. We may not be able to AFFORD it, but I'm more than content with his performance.

Post season doesn't matter. We really need a guy who can be consistent in the regular season and can play well indoors.

OrangeHoof
05-08-2016, 02:52 PM
That was kicking to the dangerous Ted Gimp Jr., btw

TXBRONC
05-08-2016, 03:00 PM
If this guy beats out Colquitt so be it.

CrazyHorse
05-08-2016, 06:00 PM

I'll always remember that game for Champ Bailey's 99 yard return. Also giving Brady his first playoff loss.

NightTerror218
05-08-2016, 06:21 PM
I'll always remember that game for Champ Bailey's 99 yard return. Also giving Brady his first playoff loss.

Where he show boated and was clobbered at the 1 yrd line?

Simple Jaded
05-08-2016, 06:31 PM
My god you guys, it's a punter, and one of the highest paid punters at that. B.F.D

Simple Jaded
05-08-2016, 06:33 PM
I looked at his twitter to find something music related. Apparently he likes Garth Brooks. He's obsessed with someone named God. He likes Tebow and Peyton. Two Bronco legends. Three if you count God.

Who is the second Bronco legend?

Dapper Dan
05-08-2016, 06:39 PM
My god you guys, it's a punter, and one of the highest paid punters at that. B.F.D

Who are you talking about? This thread is about RFD. Stay on track.

Dapper Dan
05-08-2016, 06:40 PM
Who is the second Bronco legend?

Peyton Manning, of course.

Simple Jaded
05-08-2016, 07:34 PM
I dont know.

Dapper Dan
05-08-2016, 07:39 PM
Stop being so jaded. This is your last chance to get on the hype train. This guy is a beast. He's a better RB than Montee Ball. He's a better Safety than Rahim Moore. He's a better QB than Tim Tebow. Hell, he may even be able to punt.

Choo Choo. It's leaving the station.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-08-2016, 07:40 PM
Bacon cheeseburgers with sautéed onions are freakin awesome.
Now it's time for rubarb pie.

Oh yeah, RDJ is a great fighter.

Dapper Dan
05-08-2016, 07:45 PM
Bacon cheeseburgers with sautéed onions are freakin awesome.

Oh yeah, RDJ is a great fighter.

I don't eat onions. And I like my pie like I like my women. Chocolate.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-08-2016, 07:59 PM
I don't eat onions. And I like my pie like I like my women. Chocolate.

Do you listen to hip hop in your F150?

Joel
05-08-2016, 08:13 PM
Post season doesn't matter.
Buh? Tell Peyton Manning and Tony Romo post season doesn't matter. I'm all for consistency, but playing well indoors? Most guys who can play in the elements can play in climate control; regardless, we play a MAXIMUM of 5 regular season games indoors each year, though new Chargers/Raiders stadia could raise that.

Were you being funny? Without smilies I can never tell online; Poes Law and all that.

Dapper Dan
05-08-2016, 08:25 PM
Buh? Tell Peyton Manning and Tony Romo post season doesn't matter. I'm all for consistency, but playing well indoors? Most guys who can play in the elements can play in climate control; regardless, we play a MAXIMUM of 5 regular season games indoors each year, though new Chargers/Raiders stadia could raise that.

Were you being funny? Without smilies I can never tell online; Poes Law and all that.

I'm about as funny as Elton John on a Tuesday night. ;)

Dapper Dan
05-08-2016, 08:26 PM
Do you listen to hip hop in your F150?

Hell Yeah!

TXBRONC
05-08-2016, 08:57 PM

Punters are people too.

#punterslivesmatter

Joel
05-08-2016, 09:06 PM
I'm about as funny as Elton John on a Tuesday night. ;)
That's racist forsooth. :mad:

Punters are people too.

#punterslivesmatter
Prove it.

Simple Jaded
05-08-2016, 10:58 PM
bacon cheeseburgers with sautéed onions are freakin awesome.

Oh yeah, rdj is a great fighter.

rip rjd.

tomjonesrocks
05-08-2016, 11:01 PM
Post season doesn't matter. We really need a guy who can be consistent in the regular season and can play well indoors.

Lol

I just read an article where DeCamillis (sp?) said we had "inside information" on Dixon.

Whatever that means. We seem to like sticking Colquitt with a hot poker every year. Nothing like an epic punting showdown.

Dapper Dan
05-08-2016, 11:14 PM
Lol

I just read an article where DeCamillis (sp?) said we had "inside information" on Dixon.

Whatever that means. We seem to like sticking Colquitt with a hot poker every year. Nothing like an epic punting showdown.

I just hope this punter controversy doesn't ruin Kubiak.

tomjonesrocks
05-09-2016, 12:43 AM
I just hope this punter controversy doesn't ruin Kubiak.

It's a valid concern. There's also the boiling cauldron at long snapper to deal with. He's got a lot on his plate.