PDA

View Full Version : Broncos officially sign 21 UDFA

VonDoom
05-02-2016, 07:00 PM
https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/727271968592920577

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Get-to-know-the-Broncos-21-college-free-agents/897d0855-5f4e-4e2e-9bb9-9e13300eaf2e

To make room, they also ...

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 2h2 hours ago

#Broncos release punter Will Johnson and safety Ryan Murphy. Murphy was on the team's practice squad at the end of last season.

honz
05-02-2016, 08:23 PM
Isn't Ryan Murphy the dude that was sitting in the front seat of the car while his brother banged a hooker in the back seat? He will be missed.

OrangeHoof
05-02-2016, 08:38 PM
Bralon Addison was one I wanted to draft. Runs like a waterbug. Could make it as a kick returner.

VonDoom
05-02-2016, 08:50 PM
Isn't Ryan Murphy the dude that was sitting in the front seat of the car while his brother banged a hooker in the back seat? He will be missed.

Yep, that's the guy

underrated29
05-03-2016, 10:32 AM
We signed 4 OLB...Thats a lot of OLB. I suppose OLB will be a priority this next offseason..?

Ravage!!!
05-03-2016, 10:45 AM
We signed 4 OLB...Thats a lot of OLB. I suppose OLB will be a priority this next offseason..?

Special teams guys

dogfish
05-03-2016, 11:31 AM
we have a UDFA make the roster almost every year, who's it gonna be this time? my money is on theus, the long snapper. . .

CoachChaz
05-03-2016, 11:33 AM
Bralon Addison was one I wanted to draft. Runs like a waterbug. Could make it as a kick returner.

Much like CJ a few years ago, I was kind of hoping they'd draft Addison in the 7th. So, I'm glad we got him as a UDFA. He's one of those guys you can get on the field to do anything...or nothing at all. Time will tell, but I really hope he pans out.

dogfish
05-03-2016, 11:34 AM

rav's right, those guys will play special teams or nickel if any of them make it-- or convert inside. . . we're completely set outside, unless we can't sign von or shaq long term. . . maybe they stash a guy on the PS against that possibility, but right now we're already four deep with stud OLBs, and could still bring back mccray as a veteran 5th option if we wanted. . .

Rick
05-03-2016, 11:40 AM
rav's right, those guys will play special teams or nickel if any of them make it-- or convert inside. . . we're completely set outside, unless we can't sign von or shaq long term. . . maybe they stash a guy on the PS against that possibility, but right now we're already four deep with stud OLBs, and could still bring back mccray as a veteran 5th option if we wanted. . .

I think McCray got picked up by someone, packers maybe.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-03-2016, 11:50 AM
The Broncos added 21 college free agents following the 2016 NFL Draft, which included players from near and far who might have flown under the radar. (Photos via AP Images or their college web sites)

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/photo-gallery/Broncos-2016-college-free-agents/71754d6e-3a07-403e-8134-f1c5170b933b

underrated29
05-03-2016, 12:41 PM

Mccray is a packer now, unfortunately.

We are 4 deep at the moment, but Demarcus will be gone sooner than later. I do not quite trust shane ray yet. Next year we could be 2.5 deep. Elway always seems to hit the need position 1 early. I bet OLB is drafted next year if none of these guys pan out to be the next Harris, CJ, etc.

G_Money
05-03-2016, 01:41 PM
Addison is a damn good add for the price of free. I don't care what his 40-time was, that kid MOVES on the field. If we need edge speed he has it, and he could work as a pass-catching back who takes pitches, shovel passes and WR sweeps for gains. I don't know if we'll be creative enough to use him, but at worst he gets a year to learn behind Sanders and get pointers. If the receiver group after Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders is Latimer / Taylor / Fowler / Norwood then we'll see whether he can crack that. If Hillman can't beat out the other backs in camp, though, then don't be surprised if the "change-of-pace back" isn't a back.

I still like that we're giving Theus the long-snapper a look. I'd say it's almost a guarantee that Mose Frazier is making the practice squad so Lynch has a buddy he has chemistry with who's around for the practices. I'd be shocked if one of Peko / Moala weren't also on the PS, if not both (and that assumes one can't crack the roster). Krieger-Coble from Iowa strikes me as a PS guy who can get on the real roster in year 2, since he's basically a perfect TE for Kubes and out of the Owen Daniels mold.

Khalif Raymond might have to beat out Addison for the KR job, but he's a smart kid who unlike Addison might actually know a route tree if pressed into emergency service with the offense. I still think he's a long-shot, but he does HAVE a shot.

A lot of the other guys just look like camp dudes to me, but there's a camp dude every year who gets love. I was fond of Taylor and Zaire Anderson last year and both guys are still around - let's hope some of these players can hang around long enough to contribute. If one of them wants to Chris-Harris his way into doing even more than that, I'm fine with that too. :salute:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-03-2016, 05:08 PM
Mccray is a packer now, unfortunately.

We are 4 deep at the moment, but Demarcus will be gone sooner than later. I do not quite trust shane ray yet. Next year we could be 2.5 deep. Elway always seems to hit the need position 1 early. I bet OLB is drafted next year if none of these guys pan out to be the next Harris, CJ, etc.

How did McCray become a Packer?

VonDoom
05-03-2016, 05:15 PM

He was a free agent, and they signed him

dogfish
05-03-2016, 05:16 PM

those basterds!

underrated29
05-03-2016, 05:16 PM

My guess is he signed a contract with them.

HOnestly, I do not know, but I know for a fact that he is and I really liked him. Really liked him.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-03-2016, 06:06 PM

We didn't draft him, huh? Oh well.....this is one of the down sides of good depth. It's why you lose good players.

VonDoom
05-03-2016, 08:20 PM
We didn't draft him, huh? Oh well.....this is one of the down sides of good depth. It's why you lose good players.

I can't remember the exact details. He might have been a RFA and we didn't tender him

NightTerror218
05-03-2016, 10:32 PM
My guess is he signed a contract with them.

HOnestly, I do not know, but I know for a fact that he is and I really liked him. Really liked him.

I hope you had a chance to tell him how you feel. Might have missed your chance at true love

FanInAZ
05-05-2016, 05:27 PM
As I've said from time to time, I don't pay enough attention to collage ball to assess the specific players that we draft &/or sign. So I just look at the positions, & who early we address that position, when assessing our draft picks &/or UDFA. The player that caught my eye is one that apparently none of the rest of you haven't paid much attention to, the #1 WR of our QB of the future.

Mose Frazier: http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/memphis/2015.html

Frazier's numbers are nothing to get excited about, but Lynch's familiarity with him could make him a good "security blanket" for Lynch during his rookie camp. I'm not saying that he's going to make the opening day roster, or even our practice squad, but that it could benefit Lynch if Frazier makes it to the final cuts before being let go. I hate to make it sound like he "just a tool," but that might be exactly what he is.

VonDoom
05-05-2016, 09:35 PM
As I've said from time to time, I don't pay enough attention to collage ball to assess the specific players that we draft &/or sign. So I just look at the positions, & who early we address that position, when assessing our draft picks &/or UDFA. The player that caught my eye is one that apparently none of the rest of you haven't paid much attention to, the #1 WR of our QB of the future.

Mose Frazier: http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/memphis/2015.html

Frazier's numbers are nothing to get excited about, but Lynch's familiarity with him could make him a good "security blanket" for Lynch during his rookie camp. I'm not saying that he's going to make the opening day roster, or even our practice squad, but that it could benefit Lynch if Frazier makes it to the final cuts before being let go. I hate to make it sound like he "just a tool," but that might be exactly what he is.

I think someone here suggested that Mose Frazier could make the PS and be a familiar face to Lynch every week at practice. He could be Lynch's Sunshine Taylor for all we know.

It's funny, because when I watched film on Lynch, there was a WR making a lot of big plays out of short passes, but that guy wasn't Frazier, it was Anthony Miller. I think he's still an underclassman or I probably would have heard his name during the draft.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-05-2016, 09:53 PM
I think someone here suggested that Mose Frazier could make the PS and be a familiar face to Lynch every week at practice. He could be Lynch's Sunshine Taylor for all we know.

It's funny, because when I watched film on Lynch, there was a WR making a lot of big plays out of short passes, but that guy wasn't Frazier, it was Anthony Miller. I think he's still an underclassman or I probably would have heard his name during the draft.

I wonder if he's related the Anthony Miller who use to play for Denver.

WARHORSE
05-17-2016, 12:17 PM
I really like the free agent WRs John brought in.

Theres some REAL football players there imo.

Bralon Addison

Durron Neal

Mose Frazier

Kalif Raymond

One of these guys can be a Rod Smith imo if their head is on tight.

Simple Jaded
05-17-2016, 01:44 PM
Anthony Miller is a Redshirt Jr, was eligible for 2016 but due for the 2018 draft. He's losing Lynch and Fuentes so it's going to be tough to duplicate last season.

Simple Jaded
05-17-2016, 10:57 PM
Kyle Kragen was seen at Rookie camp, wonder if it was just a workout.

Ziggy
05-21-2016, 11:59 AM
Kyle Kragen was seen at Rookie camp, wonder if it was just a workout.

No, he was signed.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-21-2016, 12:01 PM
Anthony Miller is a Redshirt Jr, was eligible for 2016 but due for the 2018 draft. He's losing Lynch and Fuentes so it's going to be tough to duplicate last season.

Is he related to Anthony who played for Denver?

Denver Native (Carol)
05-21-2016, 12:37 PM
I can't remember the exact details. He might have been a RFA and we didn't tender him

McCray was a restricted free agent, but the Broncos did not tender him an offer, allowing him to sign freely with another team.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29782223/lerentee-mccray-leaves-broncos-signs-green-bay-packers

Simple Jaded
05-21-2016, 06:34 PM
Is he related to Anthony who played for Denver?

I don't think so, I shall Google.

Simple Jaded
05-21-2016, 06:44 PM
Negatory, Miller is the son of Tony and Andrea Miller, both of whom went to Memphis they own damn selves.

Anthony Miller went to Tennessee.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/sports/tigers/football/u-of-ms-anthony-miller-goes-from-walk-on-to-key-wr-2212833d-6d13-2661-e053-0100007fd58a-332932931.html