PDA

View Full Version : Sundays with Sacco: Elway's transformation retains his drive

Denver Native (Carol)
05-01-2016, 09:45 PM
A few days ago, I asked the question, "What will Elway do?" as part of the theme of my column on how much weight rests on his decisions.

We know now that John moved up in the draft, as he did a year ago to draft Shane Ray out of Missouri, this time making a dramatic move to select Paxton Lynch, quarterback from the University of Memphis.

There is just no end to the poker-playing ability of John Elway as General Manager.

He is stone cold on behalf of the Broncos, never tipping his hand for a second.

I, for one, am not surprised, I got to watch him every day for 16 years as the greatest quarterback of his generation (and of many others), and not many NFL teams have been led by competitors as fierce as Elway.

When he reached up in the draft to take Lynch, I was reminded once again not just of his leadership and player evaluation acumen, but of the fact that the NFL is a quarterback's league, and it is always good to have a top one.

Yes, it is a quarterback's league.

rest, plus videos - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Sundays-with-Sacco-Elways-transformation-retains-his-drive/40668d82-16b4-4869-9085-41aabb066b73