PDA

View Full Version : Justin Simmons FS Boston College

Dapper Dan
04-30-2016, 07:51 AM
Boston College had the number ONE defense in college football last year. And we got one of their best players. This guy has played CB. He's played Safety. He has Intercrptions. He has Forced Fumbles. He has Fumble recoveries. He has a ton of tackles. He could be our next Darian Stewart. All aboard the hype train.

Dzone
04-30-2016, 07:56 AM
Very impressive kid. A David Bruton type of high character guy and one helluva football player.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-30-2016, 08:42 AM
I don't know Dan. Does he have buzz?

tomjonesrocks
04-30-2016, 09:41 AM
Boston College had the number ONE defense in college football last year. And we got one of their best players. This guy has played CB. He's played Safety. He has Intercrptions. He has Forced Fumbles. He has Fumble recoveries. He has a ton of tackles. He could be our next Darian Stewart. All aboard the hype train.

I really hope we work out a long deal and keep the Darian Stewart we have but this seems like the Bruton replacement.

Nomad
04-30-2016, 11:13 AM
Welcome to the BRONCOS, Justin Simmons!

G_Money
04-30-2016, 11:48 AM
Simmons was one of the few safeties I wanted in this draft. The kid is a baller, and for a guy who used to play corner he both hits and tackles. He's not gonna cover wideouts all that well, but RBs and TEs? Absolutely. His hands are pretty good too, so he's good for more than pass breakups. Totally fine with Simmons. I think he's AT LEAST Bruton, who took years to get on the field as more than a special teamer (even though he was a great special teamer). He could be quite a bit better if things come together for him, and he is in the right defense for him to shine.

It's on him now. Looking forward to seeing him in Spring Training because I think people are going to be surprised by his quickness and aggression. He wasn't my favorite safety in this draft, but he could be a good starter for us.