PDA

View Full Version : Adam Gotsis.....youre a Denver Bronco.

WARHORSE
04-30-2016, 04:21 AM
While many didnt think this pick was warranted this high, McKay did.......

2. Denver Broncos (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/den/denver-broncos):Adam Gotsis (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/49525/adam-gotsis), DE, Georgia Tech (No. 63 pick): No joke: I remember watching Gotsis on tape and thinking This might be Malik Jackson. Seems as if the Broncos are hoping Gotsis can help replace Jackson on the D-line. Gotsis is a perfect fit for Wade Phillips' system. He can get penetration when lining up inside and also play 5-technique DE. Great pick.

Not sure thats good news.......but I like the guy.

Elway is BOSS.

Dzone
04-30-2016, 06:30 AM
Yes, he wins you over immediately with that attitude and personality. Theres a reason he was a team captain. This guy is going to be a great addition. Heard Kollar was begging Elway and Kubiak to pick this kid.

Nomad
04-30-2016, 11:14 AM
Welcome to the BRONCOS, Adam Gotsis!

G_Money
04-30-2016, 11:36 AM
If we'd taken Malik in the second I'd have shit a brick, but in the 5th I liked the upside. Malik was a steal and was absolutely worth a second rounder. You can't always steal quality players. Sometimes you pay for them. As long as Gotsis is what Kollar thinks he is, I don't care. I wanted him anyway, and we still got our safety. Welcome to the team, Adam.

slim
04-30-2016, 11:41 AM
G - you had this guy on your short list?

G_Money
04-30-2016, 11:52 AM
G - you had this guy on your short list?

He was in my mock in the 4th. ;) The Broncos felt he wouldn't last to the end of the third, so they swapped him and the safety pick. As a combined pick, Gotsis-Simmons works fine for me.

Simple Jaded
05-01-2016, 04:08 PM
If we'd taken Malik in the second I'd have shit a brick, but in the 5th I liked the upside. Malik was a steal and was absolutely worth a second rounder. You can't always steal quality players. Sometimes you pay for them. As long as Gotsis is what Kollar thinks he is, I don't care. I wanted him anyway, and we still got our safety. Welcome to the team, Adam.

Have to agree here, that's not how the draft works, if Denver had taken TD in the first round it would have been a wasted pick even though they got what should be a HoFer out of it. However, the Broncos think he's a 3rd round prospect.

LTC Pain
05-01-2016, 04:17 PM
The Dingo:salute:

G_Money
05-01-2016, 04:27 PM
Have to agree here, that's not how the draft works, if Denver had taken TD in the first round it would have been a wasted pick even though they got what should be a HoFer out of it. However, the Broncos think he's a 3rd round prospect.

More importantly, the Broncos were positive other teams had him as a third rounder too, so he'd never get back to them. Kollar really wanted him, so with several DL prospects still on the board that should have had 3rd round grades, they grabbed their guy. That's fine. If you think you can take a guy later that you like because your grade is higher than everyone else's, you can "steal" them later.

If multiple teams are on your dude, you take him where he's gonna go even if it's more than you wish you had to pay. Same with Lynch, and our new FB. The market set the price, and we paid it, and we're happy with our guys.

Nothing to be mad at in that.

Simple Jaded
05-01-2016, 05:07 PM
Scott Pioli once said "if we were so smart we would've taken Tom Brady in the 1st round", no, you wouldn't. That's not how the draft works.

Iirc the Stealers got Stallworth in the 2nd round after debating whether or not to take him first, where I think they took Swann, who would not have been there later. Stallworth was the better player. That's how the draft works.

Tned
05-01-2016, 05:12 PM
Scott Pioli once said "if we were so smart we would've taken Tom Brady in the 1st round", no, you wouldn't. That's not how the draft works.

Iirc the Stealers got Stallworth in the 2nd round after debating whether or not to take him first, where I think they took Swann, who would not have been there later. Stallworth was the better player. That's how the draft works.

I think his point was that the draft is as much luck as skill.

Simple Jaded
05-01-2016, 05:15 PM
I think his point was that the draft is as much luck as skill.

And strategery.