PDA

View Full Version : Who do you WANT Denver to take with their first pick?

dogfish
04-27-2016, 11:22 PM
you know the drill. . . discuss. . .

:defense: :first:

sneakers
04-28-2016, 12:08 AM
I have never heard of a single player listed in the poll

Dapper Dan
04-28-2016, 12:11 AM
#Trump

chazoe60
04-28-2016, 12:27 AM
I chose Kemdiwhatever because I say let's keep this defense rolling. **** offense, offense is for pussies like Tom Brady.

Simple Jaded
04-28-2016, 12:30 AM
I chose Kemdiwhatever because I say let's keep this defense rolling. **** offense, offense is for pussies like Tom Brady.

I would mind that either, QB or OT/C or just keep stocking the Defense.

Dapper Dan
04-28-2016, 12:44 AM
Maybe he and Von Miller can smoke weed and jump out of hotel Windows together. Then ride around with Shane Ray. Johnny Football would make this group whole.

MOtorboat
04-28-2016, 01:26 AM
I don't really know.

Joel
04-28-2016, 01:29 AM
I know jack about amateur football players, but: Best QB Available. ;) I think Elway and Kubes have largely stabilized and solidified our line, so QB is our only real weakness (an ILB >230 or a safety would be welcome, too, but I'm not sure I'd spend a 1st rounder on either.)

I just can't see spending a 1st round pick on a 3-4 DE; what, were all the punters taken? 3-4 DE<4-3 DE, 3-4 ILB<4-3 MLB and 4-3 OLB<3-4 OLB. VERY few 3-4 DEs are the athletic freak of nature JJ Watt is, and I believe a review of the top DE salaries will reflect that (except Malik Jackson; good luck with that, Jax.)

VonDoom
04-28-2016, 06:34 AM
Nkemdiche is my first choice - our defense could be even more of a nightmare for other teams. I wouldn't mind Joesph either, but I'd like to trade back slightly and still get him if possible.

I also wouldn't blow a gasket if we took Cook, but I just don't see it happening.

BroncoWave
04-28-2016, 06:36 AM
As long as it's not either of those two vomit-inducing QBs you listed I'll be ok.

Tned
04-28-2016, 07:12 AM
I like the idea of Henry (RB). I know these days, picking RBs in the first is becoming less and less popular and there have been a lot of running back busts, but if he panned out, he could be a beast.

Beyond that, the two biggest actual needs the team has are QB and DE. They have possibly workable stop gaps in both places, but if they were going to try and fill one of the needs, replacing Jackson would be far less high risk/reward, compared to trying to fill the QB spot (likely only for '17 and beyond anyway) with Cook or Hackenberg.

All of that said, if Cook is still on the board at 31, he might be hard to pass up, since their need is so strong, even though that is likely higher than he should be picked.

EastCoastBronco
04-28-2016, 07:31 AM
Round 1: O-Line
Round 2: O-Line
Round 3: O-Line
Round 4: O-Line
Round 5: O-Line
Round 6: RB

After that, I'd be happy with O-Line.

CoachChaz
04-28-2016, 07:50 AM
I like Nkemdiche when he actually wants to play. If we ended up with him, I'd just hope Kollar could motivate him and get the best out of him on an every play basis. That being said, I voted for Kelly because of his versatility on the OL. He "can" play every line position and plays the inside spots very well. I dont expect him to be there, but I'd love to have him if he is.

TXBRONC
04-28-2016, 08:05 AM
you know the drill. . . discuss. . .

:defense: :first:

Robert Nkemdiche if Denver stand pat and of course if he is available at 31. Are his issues bad enough that he could fall all the way to the bottom of the first round?

Ugh I just selected Jarran Reed by mistake, although adding another defensive tackle isn't a bad idea either.

CoachChaz
04-28-2016, 08:07 AM
Robert Nkemdiche if Denver stand pat and of course if he is available at 31. Are his issues bad enough that he could fall all the way to the bottom of the first round?

There are always those teams that immediately take players off of their board at the first sign of any issues. But when you get later in the first round, sometimes the gamble is worth it. That being said...there are a few teams in the 20's that could use a stud 5-tech. I wouldnt be surprised if he fell to us though

TXBRONC
04-28-2016, 08:07 AM

Just a tad bit to onesided for me ECB.

Dapper Dan
04-28-2016, 09:07 AM

I'd rather get an UDFA RB than get one in the 6th.

Davii
04-28-2016, 09:12 AM
Man I hope we get Other (specify), dude is going to be an absolute beast in this league. Mark it down, you heard it here first!

VonDoom
04-28-2016, 09:28 AM
Man I hope we get Other (specify), dude is going to be an absolute beast in this league. Mark it down, you heard it here first!

I hear his pro day was awesome!

EastCoastBronco
04-28-2016, 09:32 AM
Just a tad bit to onesided for me ECB.

It was a bit "tongue in cheek" but I seriously think that has been this team's weak link for a while now. The O-Line sucks and it needs to be addressed.

Buff
04-28-2016, 09:46 AM
Hoes is a dirtbag.

BroncoBuckeye73
04-28-2016, 09:46 AM
We can get a dl and a qb in the 2nd and 3rd round we need depth at saftey I say we take Vonn Bell, Joesph was hurt a bit in college including missing most of last season with a torn acl.

blamkin86
04-28-2016, 09:48 AM
Sheldon Rankins, but he'll be gone long before we get to our pick.

I wouldn't mind trading for the Bradford, we'll never get him either.

Rick
04-28-2016, 09:50 AM
Where is the option for a punter?

slim
04-28-2016, 10:08 AM
I picked the OT option because 3 >2 > 1

Buff
04-28-2016, 10:12 AM
I picked the OT option because 3 >2 > 1

And also because you've always been personally fond of the name "LeRaven".

Hoshdude7
04-28-2016, 10:23 AM
Does nobody remember our O-line problems from last season?!?

Cook and the other qbs look like future nfl backups. This qb class is one of the least talented in a while, and you want the third, possibly even the fifth qb picked to come in and sit for a year when we have a superbowl window still open?

None of this years safeties have been pegged as first round talent, a lot of good safeties that will still be there in the second.

And LOL at picking a RB who has near the same skills as the guy we just gave a new contract too (Anderson)

Seriously we need O-line but im not saying we need to grab whitehair (G) first round either as he will still be there in the second. I think hes a bit over rated but he is the best guard in this draft. I voted for Kelly because thats easily a huge steal for us at 31. More than likely he wont be there but we could trade back a bit and grab a couple good interior guys in the second (if we got an extra 2nd by trading back)

Edit- sp

Hoshdude7
04-28-2016, 10:28 AM
Also I want to add that it wouldnt be a bad thing to draft more D-Line players but i have my suspicions about Nkedmiche. The dude had 7 sacks in 3 seasons and takes a lot of plays off. Now obviously hes built like Adonis and is extremely explosive when he wants to be, but Elway wants guys who will "go out kicking and screaming." We have never seen that from Nkedmiche, so why would Elway want him on the team!

BroncoJoe
04-28-2016, 10:32 AM
Mayock has us taking Joseph at 31.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts/mike-mayock/326209

CoachChaz
04-28-2016, 10:33 AM
Does nobody remember our O-line problems from last season?!?

Cook and the other qbs look like future nfl backups. This qb class is one of the least talented in a while, and you want the third, possibly even the fifth qb picked to come in and sit for a year when we have a superbowl window still open?

None of this years safeties have been pegged as first round talent, a lot of good safeties that will still be there in the second.

And LOL at picking a RB who has near the same skills as the guy we just gave a new contract too (Anderson)

Seriously we need O-line but im not saying we need to grab whitehair (G) first round either as he will still be there in the second. I think hes a bit over rated but he is the best guard in this draft. I voted for Kelly because thats easily a huge steal for us at 31. More than likely he wont be there but we could trade back a bit and grab a couple good interior guys in the second (if we got an extra 2nd by trading back)

Edit- sp

Without the injury, Joseph is a top 15 pick. If he's there at 31 and no immediate OL upgrades are available...I go with Joseph in a heartbeat. Especially with the OL depth in this draft. Joseph is a reincarnation of Brian Dawkins.

That being said, I predict at least 2 safeties will be drafted in the 1st round.

Hoshdude7
04-28-2016, 10:36 AM
"Without the injury, Joseph is a top 15 pick. If he's there at 31 and no immediate OL upgrades are available...I go with Joseph in a heartbeat. Especially with the OL depth in this draft. Joseph is a reincarnation of Brian Dawkins.

That being said, I predict at least 2 safeties will be drafted in the 1st round."

I know his injury was non-contact related but the dude is 205 i believe which makes him average size. He plays like hes much larger than that and i can see him being one of those safeties thats always hurt due to the reckless way he throws his body. But you are right he has amazing ball skills and would be a great player so I see why you want him. I just believe in the trenches first, especially when we might have sanchez or a rookie back there taking hits

shank
04-28-2016, 10:47 AM
Nkemdiche, Joseph, or Bell would all be good with me. Schefter is saying he thinks Lynch will fall - he's not listed because the odds are very slim, but if he did fall I don't think we could pass him up. Do not want Cook or Hackenberger - would rather see Prescott or Hogan later in the draft than either of those two.

slim
04-28-2016, 11:11 AM
And also because you've always been personally fond of the name "LeRaven".

Well duh

TXBRONC
04-28-2016, 11:16 AM
It was a bit "tongue in cheek" but I seriously think that has been this team's weak link for a while now. The O-Line sucks and it needs to be addressed.

I know. I was just giving you a little bit of a hard time.

underrated29
04-28-2016, 11:33 AM

But what is his 3 cone time. That is all that matters.

dogfish
04-28-2016, 11:34 AM
But what is his 3 cone time. That is all that matters.

dak ran an awesome three-cone. . . just sayin'!

underrated29
04-28-2016, 11:35 AM
Ill take Dodd, nkimdeche, Joseph, Cook.

I dont understand the hype with Lynch. I dont see the upside he has either. The guy just only throws short. Id rather clean up cooks footwork then try to make my qb read the d better and not just throw short.

underrated29
04-28-2016, 11:36 AM
dak ran an awesome three-cone. . . just sayin'!

Hopefully he runs an awesome 3 cone for us..........after the 5th rd.
I am so freaked out that we take Joseph at 31 and then trade up in rd 2 for Dak. Burn one or both of our 3s to do it. I am so scared. Its one reason why I really really really hope we just draft cook at 31- even though I believe he will be gone long before it.

dogfish
04-28-2016, 11:40 AM
I am so scared.

you probably need slim to hold you. . .

underrated29
04-28-2016, 11:45 AM
I always need slim to hold me

Poet
04-28-2016, 11:50 AM
1. I want Denver to get a QB because if that occurs it means I can buy into the next guy for the future. But if Denver doesn't make that happen, I'll take it to mean that cost was either too high, or the guys available just weren't the right ones.

2. Offensive lineman or defense. It seems pretty obvious. I don't think Robert Nkemdiche will be there, but if he is that's the pick.

BroncoJoe
04-28-2016, 12:01 PM
you probably need slim to hold you. . .

Slim gives good hug.

slim
04-28-2016, 12:34 PM
I am a hugger. That is true.

olathebroncofan
04-28-2016, 12:59 PM

There is no way he is better than jihad.

artie_dale
04-28-2016, 02:01 PM
Nkemdiche is my first choice - our defense could be even more of a nightmare for other teams. I wouldn't mind Joesph either, but I'd like to trade back slightly and still get him if possible.

I also wouldn't blow a gasket if we took Cook, but I just don't see it happening.

I don't watch much college football (more close to none instead of much), until the NCAAF Playoffs. But, when I looked into this Nkemdiche dude, while his play is eye opening, the fact that he wants to make a terrible decision like buy a panther for a pet after he is drafted, REALLY makes me question his maturity, responsibility level, and where his lies on the risk-taker meter. If he's on the negative side of two or more of those things, he'd be a waste of a 1st round pick (he's a risk). I'd rather take a chance on a top 1-2 player recovering from an injury than a top 3-10 player that fails a few of the above. But then again, it is the last pick in the 1st round and that pick is more like an early 2nd round pick than a 1st round pick. I'm torn.