PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller hopeful of new deal, says "there's no hard feelings"

Denver Native (Carol)
04-27-2016, 09:56 PM
The morning after Super Bowl 50, Von Miller insisted his impending contract negotiations with the Broncos would remain peaceful. No bitterness. No jabs lobbed through media.

And nothing has changed, he said.

Back in Denver for his annual Von's Vision "reveal party" to hand out eyeglasses to more than 280 area children, Miller stood among a sea of young fans in the visitors' locker room of Sports Authority Field at Mile High on Wednesday after reuniting with some of his teammates.

Still unsigned and still not a part of the Broncos' voluntary offseason program, Miller said negotiations are "just business."

"My teammates know what type of teammate I am," he said. "They know what type of guy I am. It's just the business part of it. There's really no hard feelings or anything like that. (The Broncos) know what type of guy I am. I'm expecting a deal any day. That's just the type of mind-set I have."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29822517/miller-hopeful-new-deal-says-theres-no-hard

Denver Native (Carol)
04-27-2016, 10:03 PM
Von Miller On Working Out A Long-Term Deal

video - http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/3392372-von-miller-on-working-out-a-long-term-deal/

Denver Native (Carol)
05-04-2016, 09:53 PM
Troy Renck Retweeted
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 5h

Von: "I'm going to be here in Denver no matter what. The contract is going to take care of itself."

Troy Renck Retweeted

Von on Malik Jackson leaving: "Me and Malik still boys. He just got a lot more money right now. That's a part of the game."

Troy Renck Retweeted

Von on the #Broncos 1st round QB: "Paxton, he looks like a superstar to me."

BroncoWave
05-04-2016, 10:04 PM
One of my favorite things about Von is that he always says the right things 100% of the time. He is a team guy.

Dapper Dan
05-04-2016, 10:48 PM
One of my favorite things about Von is that he always says the right things 100% of the time. He is a team guy.

I don't think he's smart enough, or maybe mature enough is more like it, to always say the right thing on purpose. I think he says what he thinks. Which is pretty cool that he still says the right things. I think he's very real in what he says in public.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-06-2016, 04:50 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 52m52 minutes ago Washington, DC

Von Miller says there's been a lot of progress in contract talks the last couple days #9news

Denver Native (Carol)
06-06-2016, 10:01 PM
from article:

Miller said that he and the Broncos "made real progress over the last couple of days" toward a long-term contract.

"I'm very optimistic about the whole thing," Miller said. "I remain optimistic about everything."

As special as the trip to the White House was for Miller, it was matched by the comfort he felt being back with all of his teammates and coaches for the first time since the victory parade in Denver nearly four months ago.

"On the bus ride to the airport, the plane ride here, I just felt complete. I just felt back at home. I felt normal," Miller said. "And this is when I'm myself: when I'm with my teammates, my boys.

"It was a special day for me, and I'm looking forward to more special days like it."

full article - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Von-Miller-very-optimistic-about-potential-for-long-term-deal-with-Broncos/53f50245-ca91-4b27-aff7-3059a35680fc

TXBRONC
06-07-2016, 08:23 AM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 52m52 minutes ago Washington, DC

Von Miller says there's been a lot of progress in contract talks the last couple days #9news

Stay on it Carol and make sure they get this done.

GEM
06-07-2016, 10:14 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/here-s-a-win-win-scenario-for-von-miller--broncos-in-deal-that-could-hit--114m-041230559.html

The Denver Broncos and Von Miller appear to be closing in on a long-term contract. And some opposing general managers think it's going to be a record-setter.

Miller expressed confidence toward a new deal following the Broncos' visit to the White House on Monday, saying he and the team had "made real progress over the last couple of days."

"I'm very optimistic about the whole thing," Miller told reporters. "I remain optimistic about everything." Von Miller told reporters at the White House that he's optimistic about getting an extension signed with the Broncos. (AP)

Broncos coach Gary Kubiak also indicated progress had been made in an interview with the NFL Network, but neither Kubiak or Miller fleshed out how close the two sides have come. That hasn't dampened expectations. Two opposing general managers told Yahoo Sports on Monday that they expect Miller's deal will match or exceed the contract reached by Miami Dolphins defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh. In 2015, Suh signed the richest deal ever for a defensive player in the NFL, a six-year pact for $114.375 million. While league sources said in April that Miller was seeking as much as $22 million per season, it was believed the negotiation would ultimately boil down to territory closer to Suh's deal. Denver has positioned its salary cap outlook to pull that off, thanks to a massive amount of cap space heading into next offseason.

Pretty good article.There is a ton more info in the full article on the link.

Dapper Dan
06-07-2016, 10:25 AM
I heard they're gonna give him naming rights for the stadium. He's going to use it to expand his chicken farming business.

LTC Pain
06-07-2016, 11:23 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/here-s-a-win-win-scenario-for-von-miller--broncos-in-deal-that-could-hit--114m-041230559.html

Pretty good article.There is a ton more info in the full article on the link.

This part of the article was pretty nice. Key word is "maneuvering" by Elway.

"All told, those Broncos maneuvers saved tens of millions in salary cap space over the next few seasons. Now Denver appears to be closing in on a large part of what those savings were geared for: locking Miller in for the long haul and positioning the franchise to grow and extend a quarterback down the road. All that remains now is getting Miller done and moving on to the next phase."

TXBRONC
06-07-2016, 11:45 AM
I heard they're gonna give him naming rights for the stadium. He's going to use it to expand his chicken farming business.

I heard the Bowlens are going to adopt him make him sole heir to the family fortune.

GEM
06-07-2016, 12:53 PM
They had a picture of Annabelle with the President on Twitter yesterday. Some guy commented, "WTF is that?" So I answered him, "Is that what the ladies say when you get intimate?"

:D