PDA

View Full Version : Bring back Tebow petition nears 3,000 sigs

wayninja
04-27-2016, 03:18 PM
Westword article at around 2000 sigs:
http://www.westword.com/news/bring-tim-tebow-back-to-denver-broncos-petition-nearing-2-000-signatures-7816351

It's now just shy of 3000:
https://www.change.org/p/denver-broncos-bring-tebow-back-to-denver-3c534479-4d50-4666-aa8b-f33ea62bfbe8

Let the dumpster fire commence.

Ravage!!!
04-27-2016, 03:21 PM
This has promise.

turftoad
04-27-2016, 03:25 PM
I would bet that "don't bring Tebow back" petition would fill up faster.

dogfish
04-27-2016, 03:39 PM
http://www.westword.com/news/bring-tim-tebow-back-to-denver-broncos-petition-nearing-2-000-signatures-7816351

https://www.change.org/p/denver-broncos-bring-tebow-back-to-denver-3c534479-4d50-4666-aa8b-f33ea62bfbe8

just had to, didn't you?

slim
04-27-2016, 03:44 PM
I bet Shane Falco signed it 2,900 times.

wayninja
04-27-2016, 03:47 PM
just had to, didn't you?

Feel free to flog the messenger.

slim
04-27-2016, 03:55 PM
Only someone who lives in a bubble would create a thread like this.

dogfish
04-27-2016, 04:07 PM
Feel free to flog the messenger.

3,000 signatures. . . and like twelve of them besides yours are from actual broncos fans. . .

:heh:

wayninja
04-27-2016, 04:34 PM
3,000 signatures. . . and like twelve of them besides yours are from actual broncos fans. . .

:heh:

Now that you mentioned it, I didn't actually sign the petition. That has now been corrected, thanks for the reminder.

GEM
04-27-2016, 04:37 PM
Now, if only the Denver Broncos and Elway would take a petition with 3,000 signatures as a sign that the fandom that is the Denver Broncos fans want him back. Maybe if they could muster up 76,000 (Mile High's seating capacity), they just might consider. 3,000 is pretty small bananas in the big scheme of things. :D

wayninja
04-27-2016, 04:40 PM
Now, if only the Denver Broncos and Elway would take a petition with 3,000 signatures as a sign that the fandom that is the Denver Broncos fans want him back. Maybe if they could muster up 76,000 (Mile High's seating capacity), they just might consider. 3,000 is pretty small bananas in the big scheme of things. :D

It's only been a few weeks. It's not like the thing has shut down.

Of course the draft will likely affect the course of the petition. I expect the signatures to go much higher if the Broncos don't draft a relatively high profile QB or trade for Kaep etc.

GEM
04-27-2016, 04:41 PM
I expect it will go up too. Funny, a majority of the signatures will be from Florida. :D

Timmy!
04-27-2016, 04:44 PM
http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/no.gif

GEM
04-27-2016, 05:01 PM
Get it back on topic. Tebow petition.
Broncos Forums rule:

9. Moderators decision's are NOT to be questioned or ignored within the forum or threads where the action took place. If a moderator deletes a post or thread, do not start another one with the same topic, or create a post/thread asking why “xxxx” was deleted.

Do not disregard a moderator's directive within a thread, and do not post mocking or sarcastic responses to a moderator directive.

If you have a question or concern about a specific moderator decision, you can send a PM to another mod or admin (Tned) and discuss it privately.

If you are concerned with how the site is being run or moderated, it is acceptable, and encouraged, to create a thread in the Town Hall forum and discuss the subject in 'general' and whether a change to the rules or the enforcement/interpretation of the rules needs to be considered. However, any Town Hall thread of this type should be an honest discussion about the rules, interpretation and enforcement of the rules. Do not use Town Hall threads as a means to create a backhanded or thinly veiled attack on a moderator action or protest of a moderator action.

dogfish
04-27-2016, 05:03 PM
Now that you mentioned it, I didn't actually sign the petition. That has now been corrected, thanks for the reminder.

you're doin' it all wrong, man. . . you're supposed to have a billboard!

OrangeHoof
04-27-2016, 05:22 PM
It would make for a great story if they brought him back....sorta like the Prodigal Son in reverse.

Davii
04-27-2016, 05:36 PM
I guess you can find 3,000 people with no clue just about anywhere.

Cugel
04-27-2016, 05:42 PM
So, there are 3,000 morons with too much time on their hands, and barely enough basic motor skills to add their sig to a stupid petition. So what?

No matter how loudly the born again Christians whine about their worthless hero, he washed out of the NFL a long time ago and he ain't coming back.

And that gives me no end of pleasure every time I think about it. :beer:

wayninja
04-27-2016, 05:55 PM
you're doin' it all wrong, man. . . you're supposed to have a billboard!

You act like it didn't work...

spikerman
04-27-2016, 05:58 PM
So, there are 3,000 morons with too much time on their hands, and barely enough basic motor skills to add their sig to a stupid petition. So what?

No matter how loudly the born again Christians whine about their worthless hero, he washed out of the NFL a long time ago and he ain't coming back.

ummmm.,... wow. You may need to adjust your meds. You're too filled with anger. Just breathe, brother.

wayninja
04-27-2016, 05:59 PM

So... pretty anti-religion then, huh?

Unless you really feel like the only people who like Tim Tebow must be religious fanatics, or that our first playoff win since 2005 is worthless.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-27-2016, 07:02 PM
I'm a big believer in second chances and I'm always pulling for the underdog to make it in spite of the odds. I really hope Tebow does improve his accuracy and improves upon his ability to read the secondary.
I am a big fan of Tim Tebow. In spite of this, I find this petition to be highly embarrassing

OrangeHoof
04-27-2016, 08:16 PM
In spite of this, I find this petition to be highly embarrassing

Why? What's more embarrassing than deciding between Brian Hoyer and RG3 as you next quarterback? We're already scraping the bottom of the barrel here. So why not give St. Timothy The Inaccurate one last chance? He wasn't going to beat out Peyton Manning but Manning is gone now and it would make a great story to see if Tebow could reclaim the job he one held?

Poet
04-27-2016, 08:17 PM
Oh dear.

Joel
04-27-2016, 08:36 PM
Billboards or it didn't happen. ;) Sorry, a 30-year-old raw QB-in-training has "trainwreck" written all over it. Remember, he left here in a trade to a team trying to replace the QB we've got NOW; how'd that end? Guy had a lot of physical potential, but needed a LOT of work to develop it into practiced skill; he never found a coach to help him do that, and now it's officially too late.

Looking at all the people seriously suggesting we bring back Tebow or bring in Manziel sure does make Sanchez a lot more tolerable though....

wayninja
04-27-2016, 09:41 PM
Billboards or it didn't happen. ;) Sorry, a 30-year-old raw QB-in-training has "trainwreck" written all over it. Remember, he left here in a trade to a team trying to replace the QB we've got NOW; how'd that end? Guy had a lot of physical potential, but needed a LOT of work to develop it into practiced skill; he never found a coach to help him do that, and now it's officially too late.

Looking at all the people seriously suggesting we bring back Tebow or bring in Manziel sure does make Sanchez a lot more tolerable though....

Maybe. Talk to me after the season is over and I'll let you know how tolerable it was.

Canmore
04-27-2016, 09:44 PM
Maybe. Talk to me after the season is over and I'll let you know how tolerable it was.

Interesting point.

Joel
04-27-2016, 10:46 PM
Why? Will there be any evidence by then that Tebow's any more practiced than in 2011? We'll still be talking about what Tebow might (but probably would not) have THEORETICALLY done if we'd signed him. Win, lose or draw with Sanchez, Tebow will remain no more than a polarized guessing game.

It's not like he's spent every waking moment of the past 5 years on the practice field: He just got 5 years older. In 2012 I was not only willing but eager to see if his immense talent could be matched with great coaching to turn a raw inconsistent QB into an All Pro: I'm far less willing to do that in 2016.

wayninja
04-27-2016, 11:23 PM
Why? Will there be any evidence by then that Tebow's any more practiced than in 2011? We'll still be talking about what Tebow might (but probably would not) have THEORETICALLY done if we'd signed him. Win, lose or draw with Sanchez, Tebow will remain no more than a polarized guessing game.

It's not like he's spent every waking moment of the past 5 years on the practice field: He just got 5 years older. In 2012 I was not only willing but eager to see if his immense talent could be matched with great coaching to turn a raw inconsistent QB into an All Pro: I'm far less willing to do that in 2016.

No... there will be more evidence of how tolerable Sanchez is as the Broncos QB (or so it appears at this point). 2011 was fun. Will 2016 be? Ask me in 2017.

It's pretty straightforward.

Dapper Dan
04-27-2016, 11:25 PM
He looked fine AF on Lip Sync Battle.

Joel
04-28-2016, 01:47 AM
No... there will be more evidence of how tolerable Sanchez is as the Broncos QB (or so it appears at this point). 2011 was fun. Will 2016 be? Ask me in 2017.

It's pretty straightforward.
Sure, we'll know whether Sanchez was awful, awesome or something in between—we STILL won't know which one Tebow WOULD'VE been. We'll have a verdict on Sanchez, but CAN'T have one on Tebow. Regardless, here's the harsh reality:

1) Whoever one holds responsible, Elway and Tebows bridge to each other was completely and irreparably burned when the former traded the latter to the Jets after replacing him with Manning. They'll NEVER be part of the same team EVER again, and I'm 99.44% sure that's exactly how BOTH want it.

2) Even if all that weren't true, Tebow's washed up because 29 is too late to START learning how to be a pro QB. His window has closed forever.

Northman
04-28-2016, 04:31 AM
Bring Tebow back? Why? He already lost the starting job to Sanchez once already.

Dapper Dan
04-28-2016, 04:49 AM
Bring Tebow back? Why? He already lost the starting job to Sanchez once already.

I think that's why we're getting Bradford.

Cugel
04-28-2016, 05:09 AM
So... pretty anti-religion then, huh?

Unless you really feel like the only people who like Tim Tebow must be religious fanatics, or that our first playoff win since 2005 is worthless.

I don't like people pushing their religion in my face with every play like Tebow. And all his fans talking endlessly how he's a "good Christian role model." Not everybody is a Christian.

But, if he'd been another John Elway, that would have been fine. As a Broncos fan I could tolerate that.

But, what was intolerable, was to have everybody talking all the time about this obvious "fraud, fake and loser" (to quote sports talk host Cecil Lammey) foisted on the Broncos. He won 1 game though luck and the ridiculous approach of the Steelers defense.

The very next week, he was literally crushed by the Patriots who showed the world how to defense the moronic Tebow offense. Elway came in and proved his brilliance by getting rid of that piece of trash at the earliest opportunity.

He was a liar and a self seeking huckster - which Elway learned. After bending over backwards to try and help trade Tebow to a team of his choice, working with Tebow's representatives to facilitate a trade to the Jets rather than Jacksonville, Tebow went out and threw Elway under the bus - insisting to reporters that he had no idea why he wound up in NY rather than Jacksonville.

In short he LIED, threw Elway under the bus so that the Broncos would be blamed for his winding up in NY rather than FL where he remains immensely popular from his college days.

Elway was and remains furious at Tebow. And Tebow did all this to maintain his "Gosh shucks" fraud personna. He didn't want anybody to know that he CHOSE NY over Jacksonville FL because it's a BIGGER MARKET.

He's a very calculating individual with a carefully crafted public image that is not at all genuine.

Dapper Dan
04-28-2016, 05:17 AM
:lol:

Cugel
04-28-2016, 05:22 AM
Sure, we'll know whether Sanchez was awful, awesome or something in between—we STILL won't know which one Tebow WOULD'VE been. We'll have a verdict on Sanchez, but CAN'T have one on Tebow. Regardless, here's the harsh reality:

1) Whoever one holds responsible, Elway and Tebows bridge to each other was completely and irreparably burned when the former traded the latter to the Jets after replacing him with Manning. They'll NEVER be part of the same team EVER again, and I'm 99.44% sure that's exactly how BOTH want it.

2) Even if all that weren't true, Tebow's washed up because 29 is too late to START learning how to be a pro QB. His window has closed forever.

His "window" was closed forever in high school and college when he never learned proper footwork or throwing mechanics, and when he failed to learn to properly read defenses. In short, like the overwhelmingly vast majority of high school and college QBs he simply never developed the skill set needed to run a pro-style offense.

The NFL was willing to give him a chance because of his running ability, which enabled him to win a college championship, hoping that he could develop his skills, but he never did.

Davii
04-28-2016, 07:43 AM

There is a verdict on Tim Tebow Joel. He's not good enough to play QB in the NFL at this point in time. The verdict was agreed upon by no less than 32 NFL GMs, owners, and head coaches.

The Glue Factory
04-28-2016, 08:22 AM
There is a verdict on Tim Tebow Joel. He's not good enough to play QB in the NFL at this point in time. The verdict was agreed upon by no less than 32 NFL GMs, owners, and head coaches.

If only all those signing this petition would get that memo, Cugel would be much happier (and likely be able to reduce his meds to their normal levels.) :wave:

artie_dale
04-28-2016, 02:49 PM
"It was bound to happen sometime.

With the defending Super Bowl champion Broncos in need of a starting quarterback and former Denver signal-caller Tim Tebow in need of an NFL job, it was only a matter of time before fans in the Mile High City started a petition to bring Tebow back.

The online petition, which was started on Change.org two months ago just before Peyton Manning's official retirement, had just less than 3,500 supporters as of early Thursday afternoon."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15420684/denver-broncos-fans-start-online-petition-bring-back-tim-tebow

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!!!!!

wayninja
04-28-2016, 04:24 PM
wow, that's like 500 in a day. It's accelerating people. Gird your loins for TEBOW TIME!

I'm off to croudsource some billboards bitches!

edit; I just clicked the link... it's closer to 6000 now. So... it's like doubled since yesterday. Getting a massive tebowner right now.

chazoe60
04-28-2016, 04:33 PM
Let............it..........*******..........go.... ........for................the.............love... .........of...........all...........that.......... ...is.............holy.................let........ ...it........................go!

MOtorboat
04-28-2016, 04:52 PM
Embarrassing.

Good job Broncos fans. This rivals that stupid petition about Simms.

TXBRONC
04-28-2016, 05:03 PM

Ok Ninj.

Magnificent Seven
04-28-2016, 05:13 PM
It's from ESPN

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15420684/denver-broncos-fans-start-online-petition-bring-back-tim-tebow

Timmy!
04-28-2016, 05:16 PM
*attempts to write tebow post.....post falls 10 ft short of forum*

CrazyHorse
04-28-2016, 05:37 PM
Signed it. I want him to be our full back.

dogfish
04-28-2016, 05:44 PM
Embarrassing.

Good job Broncos fans. This rivals that stupid petition about Simms.

why are you attributing this to broncos fans? the vast majority of those signatures almost certainly belong to tebow freaks, not denver fans. . .

MOtorboat
04-28-2016, 05:52 PM
why are you attributing this to broncos fans? the vast majority of those signatures almost certainly belong to tebow freaks, not denver fans. . .

The petitions are bring him back to the Broncos, not bring him back to the NFL. Jets need a quarterback more than Denver does, you'd think logically a bring back Tebow to the Jets would make more sense.

Then again, Tebow fans are obviously not very logical.

BroncoWave
04-28-2016, 05:54 PM
I don't think it's Tebow fans or Broncos fans signing the petition. It's probably just people who think it's a funny petition and are signing it to troll.

dogfish
04-28-2016, 05:55 PM
The petitions are bring him back to the Broncos, not bring him back to the NFL. Jets need a quarterback more than Denver does, you'd think logically a bring back Tebow to the Jets would make more sense.

Then again, Tebow fans are obviously not very logical.

would you want your favorite quarterback to play for the dumpster fire jets when the world champions also have a need?

Joel
04-28-2016, 05:57 PM
His "window" was closed forever in high school and college when he never learned proper footwork or throwing mechanics, and when he failed to learn to properly read defenses. In short, like the overwhelmingly vast majority of high school and college QBs he simply never developed the skill set needed to run a pro-style offense.

The NFL was willing to give him a chance because of his running ability, which enabled him to win a college championship, hoping that he could develop his skills, but he never did.
No, it would've taken a LOT of hard work and time from him and a capable coach, but his window hadn't closed by the end of HS, and he consistently demonstrated the physical talent and eagerness to commit the effort and time: He just never found a coach equally able and willing. McDumbass wasn't, Fox and Gase weren't, and Ryan and Schottenheimer weren't. The only coach who MAY have been willing and able was McCoy, and that resulted in Tebows ONLY good season, but it also got McCoy a job with a different team that already had a franchise QB, so that was the end of that. It's too bad, but it's also too late.

Essentially. The problem is it means there's NO onfield performance from the last three years to cite as tangible evidence. There's good reason for that, but it allows his diehard fans to keep screaming, "You'd see how awesome he is if we just gave him a CHANCE!" the way they did in 2010 and 2011. Since proving a negative's impossible, it's already impossible to prove anyone hasn't or CAN'T done something (hence criminal presumption of innocence.) But when there's no physical evidence either way it's that much harder to prove anything, even if it's a self-evident axiom.

On the other hand, Occams Razor says the simplest explanation is usually correct, so what reason is there to believe ANYTHING'S changed since 2011? He had a long way to go then; what has he done to close the gap? A SINGLE season as a BACKUP QB under a defensive guru and mediocre OC? The only change is he's five years older: He still needs 2-3 year of nonstop work, and who wants to invest that hoping they'll end up with a 32-year-old franchise QB?

Davii
04-28-2016, 05:58 PM
would you want your favorite quarterback to play for the dumpster fire jets when the world champions also have a need?

Yes, because if Denver fails to win the Super Bowl it would be Tim's fault. If the Jets go 8-8 then whoohoo Tebow.

MOtorboat
04-28-2016, 05:59 PM

Certainly you'd think he'd win a job where there were no other candidates, right?

wayninja
04-28-2016, 06:13 PM
I can feel you guys getting psyched. Let the Tebow flow through you.

slim
04-28-2016, 06:17 PM

Dak fans are worse than Tebois.

#BTB

dogfish
04-28-2016, 06:25 PM
Certainly you'd think he'd win a job where there were no other candidates, right?

except for that pesky not being able to throw the football thing. . .

MOtorboat
04-28-2016, 06:26 PM
except for that pesky not being able to throw the football thing. . .

Is not able better than not at all?

:deepthoughts:

BroncoWave
04-28-2016, 06:41 PM
Dak fans are worse than Tebois.

#BTB

You guys are going to miss the Tebois once you read my posting if we get Dak! :D

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-28-2016, 06:45 PM
You guys are going to miss the Tebois once you read my posting if we get Dak! :D

The process is further along than you think. :D

slim
04-28-2016, 06:46 PM

Well, your posting can't get much worse.

#slowikprinciple

OrangeHoof
04-28-2016, 06:51 PM
Just watch out for the Scoobois when the Broncos draft Scooby Wright...

More thick-skulled than Trumpbots.

LTC Pain
04-28-2016, 07:10 PM
Tebow sucks and trolling Tebow threads suck worse :salute:

TXBRONC
04-28-2016, 07:38 PM
I can feel you guys getting psyched. Let the Tebow flow through you.

It sounds like something ****Tom Shady would like.

wayninja
04-28-2016, 07:39 PM
That sounds gay dude.

Then you missed my comment about my raging tebowner.

7300 now.

TXBRONC
04-28-2016, 07:42 PM
Then you missed my comment about my raging tebowner.

No I didn't miss it. I just didn't comment on it.

wayninja
04-28-2016, 07:49 PM
No I didn't miss it. I just didn't comment on it.

But you are commenting that you didn't comment? Sounds gay.

TXBRONC
04-28-2016, 08:07 PM
But you are commenting that you didn't comment? Sounds gay.

Ok.

Btw I hope you understand I was just kidding around.

wayninja
04-28-2016, 08:15 PM
Ok.

Btw I hope you understand I was just kidding around.

Yeah, me too, honestly. No hard feelings.

See what I did there? Hard feelings. Get it?

chazoe60
04-28-2016, 08:16 PM
Black hole this bitch

TXBRONC
04-28-2016, 08:20 PM
Yeah, me too, honestly. No hard feelings.

See what I did there? Hard feelings. Get it?

Yes, it's imposible to miss.

Cugel
05-02-2016, 03:12 PM
Last Word: Roid Rogers and the Whirling Butt Cherries sing: Who Put Timmy In the Trash? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2LwJqXCe5o)

John Elway did it.

artie_dale
05-02-2016, 04:01 PM
Will Tebow loyalist ever give up? (poor choice of words. "accept" would be a better choice. Will Tebow loyalist ever accept that he is not an NFL caliber QB?

Is it an example of delusion? Or is it simply stubbornness? Or, or, or, is it just faith at work?

wayninja
05-02-2016, 06:11 PM
Will Tebow loyalist ever give up? (poor choice of words. "accept" would be a better choice. Will Tebow loyalist ever accept that he is not an NFL caliber QB?

Is it an example of delusion? Or is it simply stubbornness? Or, or, or, is it just faith at work?

He's got a lot of physical tools that could be refined into a good QB. He has a winning record after being made the starter of a 1-4 team.

There's a lot of "facts" about his accomplishments that people tend to dismiss when claiming he simply can't be an NFL caliber QB.

At this point in his life, it's probably over, but the 'what ifs' are still out there.

Canmore
05-02-2016, 06:13 PM
He's got a lot of physical tools that could be refined into a good QB. He has a winning record after being made the starter of a 1-4 team.

There's a lot of "facts" about his accomplishments that people tend to dismiss when claiming he simply can't be an NFL caliber QB.

At this point in his life, it's probably over, but the 'what ifs' are still out there.

No they are not.

wayninja
05-02-2016, 06:27 PM
No they are not.

At least 10,000 people disagree with you.

Joel
05-02-2016, 06:33 PM
He's got a lot of physical tools that could [have] be[en] refined into a good QB. He has a winning record after being made the starter of a 1-4 team.

Sorry, had to edit the first line to bring it into compliance with the final one (and reality.) It went from "what ifs" to "what might have beens" about two years ago. No one's going to wait ANOTHER 2-3 years to see if a raw but talented 29-year-old QB can be developed into a starter by the time he's 32.

MOtorboat
05-02-2016, 06:35 PM

Delusion, stupidity.

Stuff like that.

Canmore
05-02-2016, 06:52 PM

Wouldn't be the first time.

TXBRONC
05-05-2016, 06:50 PM

There may be 10,000 fans may think that he deserves another chance but professional from four different team have evaluated him differently.

FanInAZ
05-05-2016, 06:57 PM
I don't think it's Tebow fans or Broncos fans signing the petition. It's probably just people who think it's a funny petition and are signing it to troll.

I bet a lot of Charger, Chiefs, Raiders & Patriots fans have signed it.

TXBRONC
05-06-2016, 08:57 AM
I bet a lot of Charger, Chiefs, Raiders & Patriots fans have signed it.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is true. I also wouldn't be surprised if many of them were Florida Gator fans with fade Tim Tebow posters hanging in their bed rooms.

Ravage!!!
05-06-2016, 09:15 AM
You can get 10,000 people to sign anything if it's absurd enough. Look how many have actually voted for trump.

weazel
05-06-2016, 10:59 AM
You can get 10,000 idiots together to sign anything...

http://www.eonline.com/news/553877/the-18-most-ridiculous-and-unnecessary-online-petitions-ever

Ravage!!!
05-06-2016, 11:10 AM
Hmmm.. how come the "bring back Tebow" petition wasn't listed? Was that #19?

weazel
05-06-2016, 12:34 PM
Hmmm.. how come the "bring back Tebow" petition wasn't listed? Was that #19?

old list... they will wait for another one to make the top 20

TXBRONC
05-06-2016, 02:00 PM
old list... they will wait for another one to make the top 20

Weazel, your avatar is extremely creep.

weazel
05-06-2016, 03:57 PM
hahahaha don't disparage the avatar... it will get you when you least expect it.

TXBRONC
05-06-2016, 04:44 PM
hahahaha don't disparage the avatar... it will get you when you least expect it.

That's my concern, blending gives it a Hannibal Lector feel to it. :shocked:

Tned
05-06-2016, 05:57 PM
You can get 10,000 idiots together to sign anything...

http://www.eonline.com/news/553877/the-18-most-ridiculous-and-unnecessary-online-petitions-ever

Yea, we got 10,000 to sign the Bring Back Broncos Orange petition and we didn't even have God on our side.

The Glue Factory
05-06-2016, 06:17 PM
That's my concern, blending gives it a Hannibal Lector feel to it. :shocked:

When I see it out of the corner of my eye it looks like McNumbNutz in the car as he drives off into the night. :mad::rant::eviltongue:

MOtorboat
05-06-2016, 06:50 PM
Yea, we got 10,000 to sign the Bring Back Broncos Orange petition and we didn't even have God on our side.

The hell we didn't. He made the sunsets orange and blue for a reason.

dogfish
05-06-2016, 08:24 PM

and those were actually broncos fans. . .

atwater27
05-07-2016, 09:07 AM
I will never understand the Tebow hate. I never wanted to see him drafted to Denver, but he was and drafted too high obviously. Was it his fault? No. All he did was work as hard as he could to be a good Bronco and a good man. He looked damn good in orange and blue and I will forever be grateful for his contributions on and off the field. So what if he has an enthusiastic following.

TXBRONC
05-07-2016, 11:33 AM
I will never understand the Tebow hate. I never wanted to see him drafted to Denver, but he was and drafted too high obviously. Was it his fault? No. All he did was work as hard as he could to be a good Bronco and a good man. He looked damn good in orange and blue and I will forever be grateful for his contributions on and off the field. So what if he has an enthusiastic following.

I don't know if looked that great if Broncos uniform but, he was a hard worker. His followers are what generate the negativity.

Tned
05-07-2016, 08:07 PM

I believe the Tebow hate was a tiny bit about how he played, and instead nearly completely a reaction to this overzealous fans that lived in some type of fantasy world. It was like the Ron Dayne fans, but 100 times more out of touch with reality and more annoying.

That's the hate. His fans invaded the NFL forums, radio shows, etc. and talked about him like he had already achieved enough to be a first ballot HOF'er, when instead he was a great runner and competitor, but had absolutely awful NFL QB skills.

That said, I really feel bad for Tebow, because if it wasn't for his fan base and the headaches that it brought, a team might have been willing to try and work with him on his passing skills.

Tned
05-07-2016, 08:12 PM
I should add, I was in the south stands when Tebow completely the 80 yard TD pass to DT in OT against Pitt. It was a great game in general, and an amazing finish. I will always love Tebow's competitiveness and wish he had made it in the NFL.

I will also always remember being down on the field during warmups for the KC game that same season, and seeing Tebow overthrow (badly) half the receivers in warmups.
Side note, the WRs and TE's were warming up about 20' away that session, and I have to tell you that there is NOTHING you see on TV that gives you a sense of the beast that DT is. The other WRs looked like kids around him, and he made most of the TE's look small. I just wish he played to his size on the one on one matchups.

FanInAZ
05-07-2016, 08:20 PM

I don't understand why the word "hate" is used every time someone says they don't want a player on their team? I liked him for all the reasons that you listed, but there are a lot of other players who work just as hard who get cut because they’re not good enough. TT may have energized the fan base and game commentators (who's job it is to invent excitement even when none actually exists), but his teammates (especially on D) would bail him out game after game only for him to get all of the credit for the wins. The reality is that he usually only had 1 good drive each game, which was usually the last drive. No acknowledgement of the great job the D did to give him the opportunity to perform his “final drive magic” by the Tebois. Nor do they recognize the great plays his receivers had to make to bail him out because he couldn’t throw the simplest of passes on target.

Best of examples: Get NFL Gamepass & watch our last drive of the Jets game. In the 1st play of the drive, a combination Eddie Royal tremendous elusiveness &/or complete ineptitude in open field tackling by the Jets’ DB that sniffed the play out as soon as the ball was snapped overcame a bad pass by TT. Royal, standing inside his own end zone, had to jump up & catch the ball a split second before the DB should’ve wrapped him up & brought him down immediately. The refs would’ve given him forward progress to his own 1 because he was able to immediately lunge forward, which would’ve put us 2nd & 14 from our own 1. Instead, we got a 1st & 10 from just past our 20. Royal made that play, not TT who's poor throw made it necessary for Royal to make such a great play to avoid disaster. Nevertheless, the Tebois say that TT beat Sanchez that game.

Another example: The playoff game against the Steelers. TT did a good job in the 1st half exploiting a huge hole in their D due to 1 of their starting safties not playing that game. In the 2nd half, the Steelers’ D adjusted & shut him down. In OT, Demaryius Thomas caught a barely adequately thrown short pass & out ran the entire Steelers’ D for the 80 yard game winning TD. Who do the Tebois give 100% of the credit to? TT. If they understood that football is a team sport, & therefore acknowledge everything TT’s teammates did to win those game, they’d realize what all 32 NFL GMs & HCs have figured out a long time ago. TT had very little to do with those wins.

Cugel
05-07-2016, 08:56 PM

He wasn't a good man. He was a lying hypocrite, as Elway found out. Elway went out of his way to consult with Tebow's agents to find out where he wanted to go. They didn't have to do that, but Elway did it just to be nice.

And Tebow stabbed him in the back. He wanted to go to New York because it was a bigger market, but he didn't want to be criticized by all his worshipful fans down in Florida for dissing the Jaguars. So, he lied and said "I don't know how I wound up in New York, I just go where they sent me."

His "I'm such a great guy!" image was carefully stage managed by his handlers. The real Tebow was a sharp eyed con man building an image - which has made him millions of dollars, a fortune vastly greater than his limited football skills could ever have amassed for him.

Elway was furious with him after being thrown under the bus by Tebow, and he still is, which alone would bar Tebow from ever coming back to the Broncos - even if he were good enough of a QB to play in the NFL. Which he isn't. His career is done and it won't matter a fig if the idiots collect 1,000,000 signatures of fellow morons on their stupid petition.

spikerman
05-07-2016, 09:53 PM
He wasn't a good man. He was a lying hypocrite, as Elway found out. Elway went out of his way to consult with Tebow's agents to find out where he wanted to go. They didn't have to do that, but Elway did it just to be nice.

And Tebow stabbed him in the back. He wanted to go to New York because it was a bigger market, but he didn't want to be criticized by all his worshipful fans down in Florida for dissing the Jaguars. So, he lied and said "I don't know how I wound up in New York, I just go where they sent me."

His "I'm such a great guy!" image was carefully stage managed by his handlers. The real Tebow was a sharp eyed con man building an image - which has made him millions of dollars, a fortune vastly greater than his limited football skills could ever have amassed for him.

Elway was furious with him after being thrown under the bus by Tebow, and he still is, which alone would bar Tebow from ever coming back to the Broncos - even if he were good enough of a QB to play in the NFL. Which he isn't. His career is done and it won't matter a fig if the idiots collect 1,000,000 signatures of fellow morons on their stupid petition.
Wow.... Just ... wow.

Northman
05-08-2016, 07:13 AM
Where does Cugel come up with that shit?

spikerman
05-08-2016, 07:16 AM

The hate is strong with that one.

TXBRONC
05-08-2016, 07:30 AM
I should add, I was in the south stands when Tebow completely the 80 yard TD pass to DT in OT against Pitt. It was a great game in general, and an amazing finish. I will always love Tebow's competitiveness and wish he had made it in the NFL.

I will also always remember being down on the field during warmups for the KC game that same season, and seeing Tebow overthrow (badly) half the receivers in warmups.
Side note, the WRs and TE's were warming up about 20' away that session, and I have to tell you that there is NOTHING you see on TV that gives you a sense of the beast that DT is. The other WRs looked like kids around him, and he made most of the TE's look small. I just wish he played to his size on the one on one matchups.

That game irritated because we to a Chiefs team that was lead by Kyle freaking Orton.

TXBRONC
05-08-2016, 07:36 AM

Tebow isn't a very good quarterback Cug, but he not a liar. Elway was tired of the garbage that was coming out of Tebow sycophants but I don't thin Elway had problem with as person.

spikerman
05-08-2016, 08:41 AM
Tebow isn't a very good quarterback Cug, but he not a liar. Elway was tired of the garbage that was coming out of Tebow sycophants but I don't thin Elway had problem with as person.

Yep, if I remember correctly, Elway even said he's the type of guy he'd want his daughter to marry. Say what you want about him as a QB, but if somebody has an issue with Tebow "the person", the one who has the actual problem is probably not Tebow.

LTC Pain
05-08-2016, 09:34 AM

The same place OrangeHoof got that crap about Elway taking off the second half of the draft!

atwater27
05-08-2016, 10:36 AM
I don't understand why the word "hate" is used every time someone says they don't want a player on their team? I liked him for all the reasons that you listed, but there are a lot of other players who work just as hard who get cut because they’re not good enough. TT may have energized the fan base and game commentators (who's job it is to invent excitement even when none actually exists), but his teammates (especially on D) would bail him out game after game only for him to get all of the credit for the wins. The reality is that he usually only had 1 good drive each game, which was usually the last drive. No acknowledgement of the great job the D did to give him the opportunity to perform his “final drive magic” by the Tebois. Nor do they recognize the great plays his receivers had to make to bail him out because he couldn’t throw the simplest of passes on target.

Best of examples: Get NFL Gamepass & watch our last drive of the Jets game. In the 1st play of the drive, a combination Eddie Royal tremendous elusiveness &/or complete ineptitude in open field tackling by the Jets’ DB that sniffed the play out as soon as the ball was snapped overcame a bad pass by TT. Royal, standing inside his own end zone, had to jump up & catch the ball a split second before the DB should’ve wrapped him up & brought him down immediately. The refs would’ve given him forward progress to his own 1 because he was able to immediately lunge forward, which would’ve put us 2nd & 14 from our own 1. Instead, we got a 1st & 10 from just past our 20. Royal made that play, not TT who's poor throw made it necessary for Royal to make such a great play to avoid disaster. Nevertheless, the Tebois say that TT beat Sanchez that game.

Another example: The playoff game against the Steelers. TT did a good job in the 1st half exploiting a huge hole in their D due to 1 of their starting safties not playing that game. In the 2nd half, the Steelers’ D adjusted & shut him down. In OT, Demaryius Thomas caught a barely adequately thrown short pass & out ran the entire Steelers’ D for the 80 yard game winning TD. Who do the Tebois give 100% of the credit to? TT. If they understood that football is a team sport, & therefore acknowledge everything TT’s teammates did to win those game, they’d realize what all 32 NFL GMs & HCs have figured out a long time ago. TT had very little to do with those wins.
I am talking more of the overall loathing that the fans across the NFL have for him.. It is unwarranted. People actively root for his failure.

atwater27
05-08-2016, 10:37 AM

While clubbing baby seals.

Ravage!!!
05-08-2016, 12:14 PM

Tebow DID try to say that he didn't have a choice in where he wanted to go....but then quickly had to recant that statement because it was made very clear that Tebow DID choose NYC over Jax. So he did lie, in that instance.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-08-2016, 01:29 PM
Broncos legend John Elway would like to make two confessions: 1) It was a no-brainer to give his quarterback job to Peyton Manning. 2) It tore up the gut of Elway to dump Tim Tebow.

"You hate some decisions you have to make in football. But that doesn't prevent you from making them," Elway said Tuesday, when he replaced Tebow with Manning. "You do what's best for your team. But that doesn't take away the heartache. You're dealing with human beings. It hurts."

As a front-office executive, Elway will forever be remembered as the bold recruiter who beat San Francisco, Tennessee and all suitors to land Manning with a $96 million contract.

But, in the process, Elway killed Tebowmania in the Rocky Mountains, an act that won't easily be forgiven if Manning fails to make Denver a legitimate Super Bowl contender.

AND

Elway will try to trade Tebow. Not to get the circus out of town. Not because Manning would worry about billboards demanding his removal as a starter. Elway wants to do the right thing. He knows Tebow has earned the chance to become a hero in a new NFL city.

"Tim Tebow is a great kid," Elway declared. "If I want someone to marry my daughter, it would be him."

That's high praise, straight from the heart.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/ci_20219074/john-elway-heartbroken-at-dumping-tim-tebow-calling

Northman
05-08-2016, 01:38 PM
So what is the update on the petition? Did it work? I havent seen any news recently where Denver has signed him back on and if they had a chance to do it now would be the time no?

DenBronx
05-08-2016, 02:04 PM

You are ****ing ignorant.

wayninja
05-09-2016, 05:30 PM
So what is the update on the petition? Did it work? I havent seen any news recently where Denver has signed him back on and if they had a chance to do it now would be the time no?

It has over 10,000 signatures.

Even at 10x that number, they aren't going to bring him back.

You know all this though.

The Glue Factory
05-09-2016, 06:32 PM
It has over 10,000 signatures.

Even at 10x that number, they aren't going to bring him back.

You know all this though.

Even at 1,000x those numbers it STILL won't happen. Signers are living in a pipe-dream.

wayninja
05-09-2016, 08:21 PM
Even at 1,000x those numbers it STILL won't happen. Signers are living in a pipe-dream.

If it got more signatures than the population of Colorado (by a factor of about 2), someone would take notice.

Likely it would mean that the petition site got hacked.

The Glue Factory
05-10-2016, 02:23 PM
If it got more signatures than the population of Colorado (by a factor of about 2), someone would take notice.

Likely it would mean that the petition site got hacked.

I don't think so. The petition is on the web and available to anyone with web access. There isn't a restriction or record regarding where the person is located. For all that petition means is x number of people in the world (presumably the US) have signed a petition. Even if 10 million people legitimately signed the petition I doubt Elway and the Broncos would do more than bat an eye at it.

wayninja
05-10-2016, 09:46 PM
I don't think so. The petition is on the web and available to anyone with web access. There isn't a restriction or record regarding where the person is located. For all that petition means is x number of people in the world (presumably the US) have signed a petition. Even if 10 million people legitimately signed the petition I doubt Elway and the Broncos would do more than bat an eye at it.

Ridiculous. It would be national news if it got anywhere near 10 million signatures.

Even the petition to prosecute that neighborhood watch guy for killing Treyvon Martin only got 2 million signatures. 10 million would be record breaking, by a wide margin.

Accessibility isn't the issue.

I'm not saying it would force the broncos to do something about it. Popularity isn't the deciding factor here. I'm just saying that it would be huge news.

The Glue Factory
05-11-2016, 09:01 AM
Ridiculous. It would be national news if it got anywhere near 10 million signatures.

Even the petition to prosecute that neighborhood watch guy for killing Treyvon Martin only got 2 million signatures. 10 million would be record breaking, by a wide margin.

Accessibility isn't the issue.

I'm not saying it would force the broncos to do something about it. Popularity isn't the deciding factor here. I'm just saying that it would be huge news.

Yes it would be huge news. I was saying that such earth shattering events would result in absolutely nothing happening in Dove Valley. WEll... Maybe something, frustration at having to deal with such inane questions from the media on the topic, but nothing more.