PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Polumbus: ‘Patriots are NFL’s version of baseball’s steroid era’

Cugel
04-27-2016, 02:38 PM
[Tyler Polumbus calls out Tom Brady! I love it! "10 years of cheating caught up with them!" -- Tyler Polumbus]

Tyler Polumbus weighed in on Deflategate. –Jim Davis/AP
By
Henry McKenna
April 26, 2016

Retired Broncos tackle Tyler Polumbus doesn’t appear pleased with the latest news about Deflategate. But that doesn’t mean he’s in Tom Brady’s camp.

Polumbus tweeted about the Patriots’ legacy following the court ruling to reinstate Brady’s four-game suspension on Monday.

The comparison between PEDs and deflated footballs has been integral to Brady’s bout with the NFL.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said in July 2015 that steroid use is the “closest parallel” for Brady’s role in Deflategate. U.S. District Court Judge Richard Berman criticized the comparison in September when he overturned Brady’s suspension.

In the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, Judge Barrington Parker Jr. and Judge Denny Chin supported the crossover between PEDs and doctoring footballs in their written decision to reinstate Brady’s suspension on Monday. Chief Judge Robert Katzmann, who dissented from Monday’s decision, said connecting PEDs and Deflategate was an “inapt analogy,” which led to Goodell to administer “his own brand of industrial justice,” a phrase Berman used in his initial decision.

Q: "If the Patriots had had offered you a contract would you have played for them?"

A - Tyler: "Clearly. I would have played for those cheaters if they paid me." :laugh:

OrangeHoof
04-27-2016, 02:46 PM
I would make the case they are the NFL's version of the Boston Red Sox (including the same fan base). You'll notice the suspected Red Sox players were never caught as cheaters until they *left* the Red Sox and the icing on the cake was when Cleveland's Paul Byrd had HGH rumors dredged up about him just before he was supposed to pitch a critical Game 7 against the Red Sox. Sen. George Mitchell (D-ME), the person who ran the "Mitchell Report" investigation was a member of the board of the Red Sox and you'll notice that no players who were with Boston at the time were ever named - only Red Sox players who had left the team like...Paul Byrd. Dirty as hell and everyone looked the other way.

Cugel
04-27-2016, 03:06 PM
Hmmmmn. It's Boston and those are upstanding organizations, so obviously those funny events are just coincidences. Right? . . . . Right?

It was interesting that players feel the same way as fans do: that the actual deflated footballs is no big deal, but it's just the Patriots way - go over the line in any way you can, always. Admit it when you're caught? Never.

Tell your Spygate personnel to turn their Patriots logo shirts inside out and then pretend they were with NFL films? But, that was in the past!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-27-2016, 07:03 PM
Carol posted this somewhere else, I can't remember where that was. I hope this thread gains traction. It has potential for a lot of winning.

spikerman
04-27-2016, 07:46 PM
Not every fan feels like it's "no big deal."

patsfan
04-28-2016, 05:51 AM
You do realize that the Broncos have just come off winning a Superbowl in which they cheated right? It's pretty obvious that Payton Manning used PED's, although it's hard to get excited about that considering he might have been the worst QB to every play in a Superbowl. But Von Miller was a key part of that team and he is a confirmed cheater, as is Derrick Wolf. In fact over the last 10 years Bronco's players have had among the leagues highest amount of cheating scandals. The previous Broncos Superbowl run was also tainted by salary cap violations. The Broncos have also filmed other teams practices, been caught using foreign substances. A former player even claimed that the Broncos used radio equipment illegally in players helmets. The Broncos are also masters at running receiver pick players. Recall the play where Wes Welker not only took Aquib Talib out of a play on a pick route, but he also went as his knee ending his season.

GEM
04-28-2016, 06:12 AM
Von Miller confirmed cheater. ..ooh he smoked pot. ..He's cheating. Lol! He uses Adderrall...He has a therapeutic exemption due to being diagnosed with ADD as a freshman in college. Ohhhh, he's a cheater. :D

swaiy
04-28-2016, 06:24 AM
Patriots fans are so sad. How embarrassing.

TXBRONC
04-28-2016, 06:33 AM
You do realize that the Broncos have just come off winning a Superbowl in which they cheated right? It's pretty obvious that Payton Manning used PED's, although it's hard to get excited about that considering he might have been the worst QB to every play in a Superbowl. But Von Miller was a key part of that team and he is a confirmed cheater, as is Derrick Wolf. In fact over the last 10 years Bronco's players have had among the leagues highest amount of cheating scandals. The previous Broncos Superbowl run was also tainted by salary cap violations. The Broncos have also filmed other teams practices, been caught using foreign substances. A former player even claimed that the Broncos used radio equipment illegally in players helmets. The Broncos are also masters at running receiver pick players. Recall the play where Wes Welker not only took Aquib Talib out of a play on a pick route, but he also went as his knee ending his season.

First things first, what you're saying is moronic. Now on to the main event. First of all, there were allegations of Manning taking PEDs but there is no proof circumstantial or otherwise to date. If he did take PEDs he ought to go get his money back because it didn't work. Second Miller's suspension had to do with pot smoking not cheating in a game. Third, Wolfe unlike ****Shady took his punishment. Fourth, the coach and the videographer that were Denver at the time Denver's videogate came the Patriots organization and both were with the Patriots during the 10 year stretch that the Patriots were video taping other teams practices. I might also your team currently employs one of them. Fifth, rough play in games happen all the time and sometimes fouls get missed. Gronkowski pushes off all the time and rarely gets called for it.

EastCoastBronco
04-28-2016, 07:46 AM
I can't believe you guys took this troll's bait...;-)

Davii
04-28-2016, 08:51 AM
I can't believe you guys took this troll's bait...;-)

It did look like some tasty bait though!

patsfan
04-28-2016, 02:24 PM
Von Miller confirmed cheater. ..ooh he smoked pot. ..He's cheating. Lol! He uses Adderrall...He has a therapeutic exemption due to being diagnosed with ADD as a freshman in college. Ohhhh, he's a cheater. :D

He was suspeneded 6 games, not only did he violate NFL substance rules, but he also tried to hide it. Hence, he cheated. And if he's willing to bring the rules to get high, hard to believe he's not also breaking them to increase performance and get paid.

patsfan
04-28-2016, 02:27 PM
Why should I be embarrassed for point out the Broncos league violations? Clearly you can dish it out, but can't take it. That is pretty sad.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-28-2016, 02:27 PM
He was suspeneded 6 games, not only did he violate NFL substance rules, but he also tried to hide it. Hence, he cheated. And if he's willing to bring the rules to get high, hard to believe he's not also breaking them to increase performance and get paid.

Does your mom know you're skipping school?

Davii
04-28-2016, 02:34 PM

He broke the rules, got suspended, passed the protocol. He did it years ago. No fighting the league. Took it like a man.

Guess who didn't? Your QB and franchise. Pathetic.

patsfan
04-28-2016, 02:45 PM
Mornonic? Yes Name calling might help you weak case. Of course he took them. Like Brady deflating the balls, you can't prove Payton took it, but it was sent to his house while he was recovering from a serious neck injury. By the way, I don't see Manning accepting responsibility, he's just hoping people are naive and forget about it. And I'm sure they helped, but wow did he suck this year. And like I pointed out, Miller is a confirmed cheater. Wolfe took his punishment, but the gains you make training with PED's can linger on even if he's no longer taking them.

I'm a huge Welker fan, but a what he did was certainly cheating and had a major impact on the game. Much more impact than what the NFL is accusing Brady of. And your right about Gronkowski and most NFL players are cheating all the time with pushoffs and holding. While the proof is not overwhelming, I would not be surprised if Brady did it. Watch an NFL game and you see players breaking rules all game and then you expect that off the field all of sudden they follow them?

patsfan
04-28-2016, 02:50 PM
He broke the rules, got suspended, passed the protocol. He did it years ago. No fighting the league. Took it like a man.

Guess who didn't? Your QB and franchise. Pathetic.

Manning not accepting responsibility for what he did.....Miller tried to cheat the test........It's obvious why Brady fought it, the NFL's case sucked, but it turns out that doesn't matter. According to article 46 Goodell can pretty much do whatever he wants.

CoachChaz
04-28-2016, 03:03 PM
Dude is just checking off all the boxes on the Pats fan stereotype checklist.

BroncoJoe
04-28-2016, 03:17 PM
LOL @ patsfan. Typical.

GEM
04-28-2016, 03:32 PM

And it's also hard to believe that Brady isn't gay with some of the pics of him out there...but I digress.

Except his failed drug test was for pot. He was never in the PED program. Don't let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

GEM
04-28-2016, 03:33 PM
Mornonic? Yes Name calling might help you weak case. Of course he took them. Like Brady deflating the balls, you can't prove Payton took it, but it was sent to his house while he was recovering from a serious neck injury. By the way, I don't see Manning accepting responsibility, he's just hoping people are naive and forget about it. And I'm sure they helped, but wow did he suck this year. And like I pointed out, Miller is a confirmed cheater. Wolfe took his punishment, but the gains you make training with PED's can linger on even if he's no longer taking them.

I'm a huge Welker fan, but a what he did was certainly cheating and had a major impact on the game. Much more impact than what the NFL is accusing Brady of. And your right about Gronkowski and most NFL players are cheating all the time with pushoffs and holding. While the proof is not overwhelming, I would not be surprised if Brady did it. Watch an NFL game and you see players breaking rules all game and then you expect that off the field all of sudden they follow them?

And that terrible qb and the great defense beat your team twice. Boo hoo. :D

Davii
04-28-2016, 03:43 PM

TXBRONC
04-28-2016, 04:10 PM
Does your mom know you're skipping school?

Probably not.

TXBRONC
04-28-2016, 04:13 PM
Dude is just checking off all the boxes on the Pats fan stereotype checklist.

I would guess he or she is getting close to checking off every box.

BroncoJoe
04-28-2016, 04:15 PM

OrangeHoof
04-28-2016, 04:30 PM
All just feeds my belief that Patriot fans ought to be banned just for being Patriot fans. There's no having a rational conversation with them, sort of like Trump supporters.

TXBRONC
04-28-2016, 04:48 PM

Weak sauce kid. :pound:

CrazyHorse
04-28-2016, 05:04 PM

MDMA and Marijuana are totally performance enhancing drugs...

Davii
04-28-2016, 05:54 PM

MOtorboat
04-28-2016, 05:55 PM
Mornonic!

Simple Jaded
04-29-2016, 11:46 PM
The Broncos and a few players violated the CBA, not the salary cap, everybody got their money, they never hid payments, they never used any sort of loopholes and they never went over the cap in any way, shape or form.

Oh ,and they took their punishment like a ******* boss, unlike the Cheatriots and their lying ass HC, whinny ass owner and little ball-baby of a QB.

Oh, and one more thing, they stopped doing it, again, unlike the bedwetting Cheatriots.

And one last thing, Suck it WORLD.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-29-2016, 11:48 PM
The Broncos and a few players violated the CBA, not the salary cap, everybody got their money, they never hid payments, they never used any sort of loopholes and they never went over the cap in any way, shape or form.

Yeah, but Denver cheated the salary cap, because purple!!

Cugel
04-30-2016, 03:57 PM
Not because Purple. Because reasons. . . . argle bargle

TXBRONC
04-30-2016, 04:37 PM

Oh ,and they took their punishment like a ******* boss, unlike the Cheatriots and their lying ass HC, whinny ass owner and little ball-baby of a QB.

Oh, and one more thing, they stopped doing it, again, unlike the bedwetting Cheatriots.

And one last thing, Suck it WORLD.

Nailed it.