PDA

View Full Version : DAVID CARROLL: “Hey Logan, this is Peyton Manning…”

Denver Native (Carol)
04-22-2016, 04:39 PM
CHATTANOOGA, TN (WRCB) -

How would you like to get a phone call from your hero? Especially if he’s a 2016 Super Bowl champion? That’s what happened to Logan Pickett on Tuesday night.

Logan, in case you didn’t know, is the Heritage High School senior who scored a touchdown seen ’round the world last fall.

Logan is autistic, and served as the football team manager. Coach E. K. Slaughter, as good a man as there ever was, thought it would be nice to cap Logan’s high school career with a touchdown. He came up with a plan: suit up Logan, call the opposing coach, and when the time was right, Logan would enter the game, take a hand-off, and sprint into the end zone.

That’s how it all went down in the Heritage-Cartersville game last October 2nd, and Logan’s touchdown went viral. A few weeks later, Logan was the guest of his beloved Tennessee Vols, with Coach Butch Jones, quarterback Josh Dobbs and others giving him the royal treatment at a practice session. There were lots of handshakes, hugs and photos that day, giving Logan an experience he’ll never forget.

Just days earlier, the Vols had beaten Georgia 38-31, and even now when Logan sees a Dawgs fan, he yells out “38-31!” So I think I’ve made the point: he LOVES the Vols.

He might love Peyton Manning even more. When Denver beat Carolina 24-10 last February in the Super Bowl, it was Logan running out of his house at 10:30 that night, informing his neighbors at the top of his lungs, “We won the Super Bowl! Super Bowl champions! Whooo!” The neighbors just laughed. That’s our Logan! You can watch (and hear) his 10 seconds of sheer joy below:

rest - great article, plus videos showing Logan scoring the touchdown, plus video Logan shouting when the Broncos won the SB

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/31780953/david-carroll-hey-logan-this-is-peyton-manning

underrated29
04-22-2016, 04:52 PM
I went to that HS but not in TN...Didnt know they had others with the same name

BroncoJoe
04-22-2016, 05:27 PM

So did my wife! And oldest daughter!

Oh, no.

:shocked:

MOtorboat
04-22-2016, 06:41 PM

:notinabubble:

underrated29
04-22-2016, 09:21 PM
:notinabubble:

No it is because the HS was in a neighborhood where people didn't make their own beer