PDA

View Full Version : LIVE Press Conference: John Elway

Denver Native (Carol)
04-21-2016, 01:03 PM
Watch live as John Elway speaks with the media following the Broncos offseason program on Thursday.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/LIVE-Press-Conference-John-Elway/240f6af4-599c-4e1d-b2d5-29324dbc6582

just starting

VonDoom
04-21-2016, 01:14 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 4m4 minutes ago

Elway: "We had a good visit" with Brian Hoyer. Hoyer has another trip lined up, Elway said. "He's a possibility."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 4m4 minutes ago Colorado, USA

Elway: "He's a good football player and we wanted to have him in and meet him. ... A guy that's definitely a possibility for us

Elway: The two trades are too far from the Broncos to affect their draft strategy.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Elway joked that to move up to the top of the draft "might have taken four of our drafts."

Elway: "We're happy with Mark [Sanchez]. Mark was a starting point for us."

Elway: "We feel like there's going to be some good players at 31 ... we just don't know who they're going to be."

Elway won't get into whether he has more than two first-round grades at QB.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Elway: "We try to go into the draft ... with not having someplace where we have to draft somebody." Feels like they can take BPA.

Elway: "If (best player available) falls into a place of need, so much the better."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago Colorado, USA

Elway: "We evaluate all the character concerns. ... Every situation is different. One of the best things we have is our locker room."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago Colorado, USA

Elway on if Nkemdiche is red flag: "Ask me on the 30th."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 30s31 seconds ago Colorado, USA

Elway on pre-draft visits: "Those are always good visits to have because you can clear a lot of things up."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago

Elway said he might change how the staff does its mock drafts before next week "because sometimes you wreck your own board."

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 41s42 seconds ago

Elway: One I think I learned is its much better winning a championship as a player than executive. You get much more time off.

VonDoom
04-21-2016, 01:22 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 40s40 seconds ago Colorado, USA

Elway on Von holding out: "This is all voluntary. If Von chooses to be here, then great. You always hope that everybody is here.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 17s17 seconds ago

Elway said status of negotiations with Von Miller are "not nearly as bad" as it has been portrayed in the media lately.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 38s39 seconds ago

Elway said there's been one offer to Von Miller, and one counter-offer.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 25s26 seconds ago Colorado, USA

Elway: "I know what I think of Von Miller, I know what this organization thinks of Von and we're going to work our tail off to get it done."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 11s12 seconds ago

Elway: "You'd like to be a little bit closer (on the offer and counter-offer," but this is just the start of things.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago Colorado, USA

Elway: "We'll always miss Peyton. Peyton has been a big part of this."

Elway: "We expect (Heuerman) to step in and be a force at the TE position ... high expectations."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 55s56 seconds ago

Elway sees the depth of the draft in the OL and DL and in the secondary. "There's a lot of good football players in this draft."

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 19s19 seconds ago

Elway characterizes status of Kaepernick talks as "dormant." As in: They made an offer, and it's still there.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 13s13 seconds ago

Elway: Siemian "is very talented, & has great arm talent ... Trevor is going to compete, too."

Elway: Sanchez's presence has helped the team be patient with the QB situation.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-21-2016, 01:24 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 43s

#Broncos Elway has purposefully kept all avenues open at QB. Kaepernick still a possibility. Said Sanchez has allowed them to be patient

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m

#Broncos Elway on where it stands w Kaepernick "It's dormat.. all I can really say.. " Say nothing has changed w offer.

Troy Renck Retweeted
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 5m

Elway sees the depth of the draft in the OL and DL and in the secondary. "There's a lot of good football players in this draft."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 8m

#Broncos Elway still confident can get something done w Von Miller. "Been one offer and one counter offer. Like to be a little closer"

Denver Native (Carol)
04-21-2016, 01:54 PM
Elway touched on a number of topics when he met the media a week before the start of the 2016 NFL Draft.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- As the weeks have passed, John Elway and the Broncos have remained patient about the state of their quarterback position, continuing to sit with two quarterbacks while waiting for the situation to play out.

Mark Sanchez is the reason why.

"We're happy with Mark," Elway said at his pre-draft press conference Thursday at the UCHealth Training Center. "Mark was a starting point for us."

Elway visited with former Texans quarterback Brian Hoyer on Thursday, and while he characterized the meeting as "good," Hoyer left without a contract and with another trip in his future. Hoyer visited the New York Jets earlier in the week.

"He's one of the possibilities," Elway said.

Discussions of a trade and a contract for 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick are "dormant," Elway said. The Broncos visited with the six-year veteran earlier this month.

Tweets on other topics from Elway's Q-and-A session follow:

rest - tweets - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/John-Elway-talks-Mark-Sanchez-Brian-Hoyer-and-says-Colin-Kaepernick-situation-is-dormant/23b10d12-0e33-4e8f-be38-9baacf4f337d

OrangeHoof
04-21-2016, 02:31 PM
As long as the press conference did not start "We're pleased to announce the signing of Brian Hoyer...", I'm fine with it.

BroncoWave
04-21-2016, 02:43 PM
Would people really be upset if we signed hoyer? We do need a backup. Unless you guys would be comfortable with simean or a rookie taking over if Sanchez gets hurt.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-21-2016, 03:12 PM
Elway discusses draft prep, offseason changes

Broncos executive vice president and general manager John Elway met with the media ahead of next week's 2016 NFL Draft to discuss his preparations, the team's offseason moves, and why he feels confident at the quarterback position heading towards next season.

video - http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Elway-discusses-draft-prep-offseason-changes-/bceed52f-b947-4bab-9cc7-91bd42c3ab6b

DenBronx
04-21-2016, 03:14 PM
AJ McCarron seems like he has more upside than these other QBs. Hello Bengals....what's it gonna take? I thought he played pretty good against us until that late fumble.

Tangerine
04-21-2016, 06:04 PM
AJ McCarron seems like he has more upside than these other QBs. Hello Bengals....what's it gonna take? I thought he played pretty good against us until that late fumble.

Why would the Bengals help the Broncos (a playoff caliber team they will be competing with), somehow I doubt they are that desperate for an extra draft pick.

If you're the Bengals who would you rather see starting for the Broncos, Sanchez or McCarron?

OrangeHoof
04-21-2016, 07:20 PM
Would people really be upset if we signed hoyer? We do need a backup.

Yeah, I would be. I'd rather take a rookie with upside so at least we are building for the future.

BroncoWave
04-21-2016, 07:22 PM
Yeah, I would be. I'd rather take a rookie with upside so at least we are building for the future.

We can do both. Draft someone, have Hoyer as a backup, and dump Simean.