PDA

View Full Version : Bronco presser, 4/20/16

VonDoom
04-20-2016, 01:07 PM
Chris Harris:

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Chris Harris said his shoulder is 100 percent. "I'm probably stronger than I was coming in last offseason."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 52s52 seconds ago

Chris Harris says he wants to be more active in blitzing this year

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 45s46 seconds ago

Harris says the doubt people have about the defense in the wake of Jackson/Trevathan departures will keep the chip on their shoulder.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 24s24 seconds ago

Chris Harris Jr.: "Todd Davis will come in and do a great job filling that role" in the wake of Trevathan's departure.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 18s19 seconds ago

Harris on Von Miller: "You see this every year. ... It's the nature of our business."

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 32s32 seconds ago

Chris Harris ranking his top 5 CBs: Richard Sherman, Darrelle Revis, Patrick Peterson, Chris Harris, Aqib Talib.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 36s37 seconds ago

Chris Harris on why no Josh Norman in top 5 list: "You have to do it more than one year.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 56s57 seconds ago

Harris says that getting more interceptions is a focal point for the defense this year, as is committing fewer penalties.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 6s7 seconds ago

Chris Harris on @TheMalikJackson, @Grindin_59: "They played with their hair on fire. I love those guys. They're definitely gonna be missed."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Back to Cam Newton questions. Harris said he didn't know Newton could hear his post-SB comments. Wouldn't change them even if he had known.

VonDoom
04-20-2016, 01:17 PM
Demaryius Thomas:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Demaryius: Last year wasn't easy after missing offseason time ... "I think it will be big being here with the guys now."

Demaryius Thomas says that with his mom's situation settled & his contract set, "This year is all football."

DT: Sanchez "doesn't try to do too much," but says Sanchez has asserted himself as a leader, organizing film-watching sessions, etc.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 43s44 seconds ago

Demaryius Thomas said he worked out with Mark Sanchez four years ago at USC with a few other receivers.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 32s33 seconds ago

DT says last season "was the worst of my past four years," with the drops, etc.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 36s37 seconds ago

DT said he looked at some tape, "but not much" ... said he was "probably thinking too much ... wasn't looking the ball in."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 44s45 seconds ago

Demaryius Thomas: "Probably thinking too much. ... It's easy to go out and catch the ball. That's my job and I should be able to do it."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 20s21 seconds ago

DT says of a contract restructure, "If they want me to do it, I'll do it."

BroncoJoe
04-20-2016, 02:00 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 20s21 seconds ago

DT says of a contract restructure, "If they want me to do it, I'll do it."

That's pretty interesting. I don't know if we really need it, but nice to know.

I have really decided (not that it makes any difference at all) that I don't want Kaep here.

VonDoom
04-20-2016, 02:02 PM
That's pretty interesting. I don't know if we really need it, but nice to know.

I have really decided (not that it makes any difference at all) that I don't want Kaep here.

I really hope we don't go that route unless we have no other options. Pushing a bigger cap hit into later years is not a good look.

The Glue Factory
04-20-2016, 02:25 PM
Pushing a bigger cap hit into later years is not a good look.

Shanny's Shenanigans with the cap make me appreciate Elway's approach to cap management much, MUCH more!

BroncoWave
04-20-2016, 02:37 PM
So DT basically admitted the stuff with his mom was a distraction this year. Not a huge surprise there.

DenBronx
04-20-2016, 02:47 PM
So DT basically admitted the stuff with his mom was a distraction this year. Not a huge surprise there.

That's understandable. He will get back to being a sure handed WR, I am confident about that.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-20-2016, 02:57 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Last year wasn't the kind of year that many observers expected from Demaryius Thomas. Most importantly, it wasn't the kind of year Thomas expected from himself.

This isn't to say that Thomas all of a sudden transformed from one of the league's best receivers to a mediocre one. A disappointing season for Thomas still saw him rank seventh in the NFL in receptions and receiving yardage with 101 catches for 1,304 yards.

But his rate of gains of 20 yards or more dropped, from one every 4.4 receptions to one every 7.5. His touchdowns fell from 11 to six. Worst of all, he was plagued by dropped passes that seemed to come at inopportune times.

"It was the worst of my last four years," he said.

rest - he was not easy on himself
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/In-2016-Its-all-football-for-Broncos-Demaryius-Thomas/dfc3706e-9c73-4c13-bf92-e684f14b2723

Denver Native (Carol)
04-20-2016, 04:02 PM
Thomas talks Broncos QB situation
Demaryius Thomas says his focus is all on football this offseason after facing several distractions last summer.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Thomas-talks-Broncos-QB-situation/2c09cfc9-9ea7-4b1b-8d5c-44be923bb01a

Harris looks to be 'even more dominant' this year
Chris Harris Jr. talks about his goals for the upcoming season and what he thinks about facing the Panthers in the season opener.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Harris_looks_to_be_even_more_dominant_this_year/aac072fe-e9be-4992-be70-d7b93cad99de

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Harris_looks_to_be_even_more_dominant_this_year/aac072fe-e9be-4992-be70-d7b93cad99de

Tned
04-20-2016, 07:53 PM

And missing the offseason holding out on the contract.

Dapper Dan
04-20-2016, 10:40 PM
And missing the offseason holding out on the contract.

Dang. That means Von will suck it up, too.