PDA

View Full Version : Hoyer to Meet With the Broncos

LTC Pain
04-20-2016, 12:30 PM
Hoyer to Meet With Broncos

Wednesday, April 20

Adam Caplan of ESPN reported Hoyer will visit the Denver Broncos despite the New York Jets' continued interest.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2633616-brian-hoyer-latest-news-rumors-and-speculation-surrounding-free-agent-qb

VonDoom
04-20-2016, 12:33 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 11m11 minutes ago

After meeting with Jets officials today, free-agent QB Brian Hoyer has decided to head to Denver to visit the Broncos, per source.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 8m8 minutes ago

Confirming from league source that #Broncos expected to meet with Brian Hoyer. He visited #Jets. As said all along, he's one of many options

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m3 minutes ago

Brian Hoyer's visit to the #Broncos is tomorrow, source said. With less than 2 weeks to go before the draft…

VonDoom
04-20-2016, 12:34 PM
By the way ... no thanks. Again, I'm not saying Sanchez is the guy, but Hoyer is just another Sanchez. I'd rather save that money for someone with more upside (Kaep?) or just roll with Sanchez and a rookie.

Slick
04-20-2016, 12:37 PM
Is Hoyer the guy who QBed the Texans against the Chefs in the playoffs?

slim
04-20-2016, 12:39 PM
Is Hoyer the guy who QBed the Texans against the Chefs in the playoffs?

Yes

BroncoJoe
04-20-2016, 12:42 PM
If he's cheap, who cares. We need another veteran QB and I'm not high on Kaep. At all.

turftoad
04-20-2016, 12:44 PM
I hope we just say NO.

slim
04-20-2016, 12:47 PM
I think Hoyer is a little better at taking care of the football than Sanchez.

Historically Sanchez has turned the ball over a lot.

underrated29
04-20-2016, 12:51 PM
By the way ... no thanks. Again, I'm not saying Sanchez is the guy, but Hoyer is just another Sanchez. I'd rather save that money for someone with more upside (Kaep?) or just roll with Sanchez and a rookie.

Same.

Slim is right tho, hoyer does not turn the ball over as much as Marky Mark, but I do not think he is as good of a passer either.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-20-2016, 12:57 PM
There was a report that the Jets wanted to wait until after the draft to see what to do with veteran free agent Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Brian Hoyer is apparently in more of a hurry.

After meeting with the Jets yesterday and today, the Texans castoff could be close to a decision.

According to Adam Caplan of ESPN, he’s expected to have a new team “quickly,” and four or five other teams are interested.

The Cowboys have suggested they might be among those teams, at the right price. But because Hoyer has proven himself a more or less stable alternative, the market for him as a backup figured to be a good one.

rest - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/20/brian-hoyer-expected-to-make-a-decision-soon-after-visiting-jets/

artie_dale
04-20-2016, 12:58 PM
I have a feeling Hoyer will sign with us on the cheap (if so, it'll be because of the franchise mostly). I would prefer that not be the case. But, if we do, it only tells me how much confidence the team has in Siemien.

The Browns just traded their #2 pick down to Phili. Goff & Wentz will now go 1 & 2.

slim
04-20-2016, 01:01 PM
I have a feeling Hoyer will sign with us on the cheap (if so, it'll be because of the franchise mostly). I would prefer that not be the case. But, if we do, it only tells me how much confidence the team has in Siemien.

The Browns just traded their #2 pick down to Phili. Goff & Wentz will now go 1 & 2.

Philly is a train wreck.

I wonder what they are going to do with Bradford?

VonDoom
04-20-2016, 01:03 PM
Philly is a train wreck.

I imagine Bradford starts for them this year while Wentz/Goff learns the ropes and takes over in a year (or two).

BroncoJoe
04-20-2016, 01:03 PM
I think Hoyer is a little better at taking care of the football than Sanchez.

Historically Sanchez has turned the ball over a lot.

Not sure about INT's, but I do know that Sanchez has fumbled 51 times. That's one hell of a big number.

I don't pay too much attention to INT's because there are a lot of factors. Hell - Elway didn't have a great TD to INT ratio. Not comparing the two, just saying that INT #'s don't tell the whole story.

VonDoom
04-20-2016, 01:04 PM
Same.

Slim is right tho, hoyer does not turn the ball over as much as Marky Mark, but I do not think he is as good of a passer either.

That's true, but I just mean that we're looking at the same tier of QB. Having a few mid/low tier guys doesn't make us any better than we were before, in my opinion. Plus Hoyer's absolute debacle in that playoff game is fresh in my mind.

BroncoJoe
04-20-2016, 01:05 PM
That's true, but I just mean that we're looking at the same tier of QB. Having a few mid/low tier guys doesn't make us any better than we were before, in my opinion. Plus Hoyer's absolute debacle in that playoff game is fresh in my mind.

But, his play did help get them to that playoff game.

That said, he totally shit the bed in that game.

slim
04-20-2016, 01:06 PM
Not sure about INT's, but I do know that Sanchez has fumbled 51 times. That's one hell of a big number.

I don't pay too much attention to INT's because there are a lot of factors. Hell - Elway didn't have a great TD to INT ratio. Not comparing the two, just saying that INT #'s don't tell the whole story.

That is true. I'm not saying Hoyer is better than Sanchez, just an observation on past performance.

VonDoom - I bet Philly tries to trade Bradford, but I don't see why any team would want to pay him $18M/year.

VonDoom
04-20-2016, 01:09 PM
That is true. I'm not saying Hoyer is better than Sanchez, just an observation on past performance.

VonDoom - I bet Philly tries to trade Bradford, but I don't see why any team would want to pay him $18M/year.

It's funny, because Bradford's $18 million set the QB market this year, which probably cost us Oz. It would be crazy if they tried to trade him now, but I guess nothing is out of the question at this point. I actually think it's smart to have their guy locked in for a year or two while they develop the rookie. Now Chase Daniel on the other hand is the odd man out.

Davii
04-20-2016, 01:09 PM
Having a few mid/low tier guys doesn't make us any better than we were before, in my opinion.

So you're saying two 5s, or five 2s aren't the same as one 10?

artie_dale
04-20-2016, 01:10 PM
Philly is a train wreck.

They wrote his contract so they can bail on him next season if they want to.

Magnificent Seven
04-20-2016, 01:23 PM
No to Hoyer. If Broncos didn't get Colin Kaepernick... Trevor Siemian will be our guy. Mark Sanchez might fall back to the back up position. I believe in Siemian and Broncos players like his styles, etc.

Timmy!
04-20-2016, 01:45 PM
Meh to Hoyer. At vet min/cheap it wouldn't be horrible, we need arms. With QBs for sure going 1 & 2 in the draft, Denver is not in position to get its qb of the future this year, somebody is going to reach for Lynch before we get a chance, and that's fine. Its not a good qb class anyway and we will have more ammo to move around need year (tradeable comp picks from oz, malik). Also lol@Siemian being the guy. That's not happening.

Buff
04-20-2016, 01:47 PM
I've always liked Hoyer. Back in the day Mike Lombardi was high on him. He beat out Ryan Mallet for the backup job in New England. He won the job in Cleveland in 2013 after Weeden sucked, and looked promising, before tearing his ACL. He kind of shit the bed in the 2nd half of 2014 after a promising start, but didn't have a ton of talent around him. Then I'm not sure Bill O'Brien did him any favors in Houston benching him in week 1 last year.

My issue is that while I'd rank him slightly above Sanchez, I don't think he really has a ton more upside. I think they both have similar skill sets and NFL careers. If you sign them both then you are almost resigned to mediocrity at that position - whereas a draft pick or a Kaepernick at least presents the illusion of upside. I don't mind Hoyer or Sanchez - but I don't think I want them both.

VonDoom
04-20-2016, 01:59 PM
My issue is that while I'd rank him slightly above Sanchez, I don't think he really has a ton more upside. I think they both have similar skill sets and NFL careers. If you sign them both then you are almost resigned to mediocrity at that position - whereas a draft pick or a Kaepernick at least presents the illusion of upside. I don't mind Hoyer or Sanchez - but I don't think I want them both.

Pretty much my point, but you said it better.

VonDoom
04-20-2016, 02:00 PM
No to Hoyer. If Broncos didn't get Colin Kaepernick... Trevor Siemian will be our guy. Mark Sanchez might fall back to the back up position. I believe in Siemian and Broncos players like his styles, etc.

Unless Siemian goes all Russell Wilson in training camp, there's no chance he's our guy. In fact if we get Hoyer/Kaep and draft a late round rookie, Siemian probably won't even be on the team this year.

NightTerror218
04-20-2016, 03:08 PM
If Hoyer wants to start, he has uphill battle against sanchez. If he wants to start go to jets. Anywhere else he is blprob a backup.

OrangeHoof
04-20-2016, 03:08 PM
Hoyer is a decent QB as long as he doesn't start the game. Coming off the bench, he seems to thrive. Coming out of the tunnel is where he has trouble.

VonDoom
04-20-2016, 03:22 PM
If Hoyer wants to start, he has uphill battle against sanchez. If he wants to start go to jets. Anywhere else he is blprob a backup.

I thought it would have been incredibly interesting if he had just signed with the Jets. At that point, with is Fitzpatrick's market? I think everyone assumed he would get a deal done with the Jets, but it sounds like they're getting tired of waiting.

Buff
04-20-2016, 04:35 PM
I thought it would have been incredibly interesting if he had just signed with the Jets. At that point, with is Fitzpatrick's market? I think everyone assumed he would get a deal done with the Jets, but it sounds like they're getting tired of waiting.

They need Fitz more than Fitz needs them - he's proven himself in that system. He can sign a backup deal with any number of teams, so I think the Jets have all of the downside risk here. Fitz is playing with house money.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-20-2016, 04:36 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3h

Huge signs today point to Colin Kaepernick staying in SF. Eagles trade up to No. 2 pick. Brian Hoyer visit to Denver.

VonDoom
04-20-2016, 04:50 PM
They need Fitz more than Fitz needs them - he's proven himself in that system. He can sign a backup deal with any number of teams, so I think the Jets have all of the downside risk here. Fitz is playing with house money.

But Fitz wants 16 million. He might not get that from anyone but he definitely won't get it as a backup. He'll come down but maybe the Jets will have signed Hoyer by then

NightTerror218
04-20-2016, 05:01 PM
Fitz has same agent as Oz. Fitz is on wrong side of 30

Buff
04-20-2016, 05:08 PM
But Fitz wants 16 million. He might not get that from anyone but he definitely won't get it as a backup. He'll come down but maybe the Jets will have signed Hoyer by then

Yes, but my point is - there is only one team that is going to pay him anything approaching starters money, and he has a bit of leverage over that team because they currently do not have a better option available to them...

He can likely sign a backup deal with multiple teams - so what is his incentive to take a backup deal with the Jets? He's better off letting them blink first. If they sign Hoyer - he's no worse off because he just takes his backup deal elsewhere.

VonDoom
04-20-2016, 06:25 PM
Schefter apparently told the Fan that there's a "pretty good chance" Hoyer signs with Denver

turftoad
04-20-2016, 06:33 PM
Schefter apparently told the Fan that there's a "pretty good chance" Hoyer signs with Denver

Schefter usually isn't wrong but I hope he is this time.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-20-2016, 06:58 PM
Hoyer is on his way to visit the Denver Broncos after meeting with the Jets last night, but according to Schefter, Hoyer wanted to see what Denver was offering before making his decision.

"The Jets thought there was a reasonable chance they would get a deal done. Brian Hoyer, when he looked at the options, decided that he wanted to visit Denver before doing anything with the Jets. That would tell you that he’s definitely interested in playing with Gary Kubiak and the Denver Broncos. He’s seeing what’s happening with Denver before doing anything with the Jets."

The Broncos are on the lookout for a quarterback after losing Peyton Manning to retirement and Brock Osweiler to the Houston Texans this offseason. They did trade a late 2017 draft pick to the Eagles for veteran quarterback Mark Sanchez, but that was only the "first step" in the process.

Could the second step in the process be Brian Hoyer? Schefter thinks there is a pretty good chance of that happening.

"I think it’s pretty good. He clearly had an interest in coming to Denver before doing anything with New York and Denver was fairly aggressive in bringing him there."

We know when a player visits the Broncos they often do not leave without signing a contract.

I would be a little surprised if the Broncos were able to afford Hoyer after a handful of their players signed their tenders, and the team recently re-signed running back Ronnie Hillman. They also signed defensive end Jared Crick and a pair of safeties. So the Broncos aren't really a cap-rich team.

rest - http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/4/20/11475524/espns-adam-schefter-says-there-is-a-pretty-good-chance-hoyer-signs

OrangeHoof
04-20-2016, 07:05 PM
So the Broncos aren't really a cap-rich team.

Master of the obvious....

Well, Elway has already played the Clady card. Who else can we renegotiate with to free up cap space? Makes me wonder how we could have afforded Osweiler to begin with.

If I'm Von's agent, I see this as a golden opportunity.. "Pay me $7 million this year but pay me $25 million next year..."

Denver Native (Carol)
04-20-2016, 07:36 PM
Master of the obvious....

Well, Elway has already played the Clady card. Who else can we renegotiate with to free up cap space? Makes me wonder how we could have afforded Osweiler to begin with.

If I'm Von's agent, I see this as a golden opportunity.. "Pay me $7 million this year but pay me $25 million next year..."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 6h

Demaryius Thomas on what he'd do if team approached him for help clearing cap space: "If there's something they want me to do, I'll do it."

dogfish
04-20-2016, 09:24 PM
hoyer mostly sucks and would seem to be about maxed out at that level-- even a banged up, aging kaep still has more upside-- but at least you don't have to trade anything for hoyer, and he won't bust whatever little cap space we have left. . . i definitely feel like we do need to draft a QB high if hoyer and sanchez are the other two options we're moving forward with. . . you can only ask the defense to be SO good week in and week out, realistically. . . and i would say that mediocre is about the ceiling on what you can hope for offensively with either of those vets. . . i realize they may be the best we could do this year after the texans gave oz a stupid offer, and the top two rookie QBs are fully out of reach-- you can't roll with these dudes long term, though. . . the sooner you can start grooming a youngster with some talent, the better. . . i'm afraid the pickings won't be the greatest, so it's a good thing we have a strong FO and coaching staff. . . god speed, gentlemen!

NightTerror218
04-20-2016, 10:58 PM
Siemen may be on his way out. Sanchez anf hoyer are stop gap and they have brought in so many QBs this year. A 2nd day draft pick will prob be #3. Siemen can be on PS.

tomjonesrocks
04-20-2016, 10:59 PM
Schefter saying this signing is likely.

Don't like it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-20-2016, 11:36 PM
Schefter saying this signing is likely.

Don't like it.
If he's just a backup I'm fine with it. I'd be surprised if he beat put Sanchez.

I take it as an indicator Elway doesn't plan on taking a qb in the draft, at least not in the first.

Elway always hits on his first pick and I just don't see him reaching for a qb.

Poet
04-21-2016, 12:44 AM
If you remove last season's horrific playoff performance, Hoyer is a game manager.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12477/brian-hoyer

He had a decent start in Cleveland in 2013, albeit I believe an injury ended his season. He was awful the next year; playing in Cleveland did not do him any favors. Last year he looked pretty good until the playoff game. He's a low talented game manager with an up and down career. He's not very good at anything, and his meltdown in the playoffs is a historically putrid performance. Does he belong in the league? Yes. Should he ever be more than a backup? Probably not. Do I want him on our roster? No sir.

OrangeHoof
04-21-2016, 12:46 AM
Keep in mind, also, that Hoyer had two stints where he missed time last year because of concussions. There *has* to be a better answer.

Dapper Dan
04-21-2016, 02:01 AM
rest - http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/4/20/11475524/espns-adam-schefter-says-there-is-a-pretty-good-chance-hoyer-signs

We know when a player visits the Broncos they often do not leave without signing a contract.

:lol: That's awesome.

TXBRONC
04-21-2016, 06:57 AM

Actually I think Sanchez is better.

Northman
04-21-2016, 08:08 AM
Hoyer sucks.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-21-2016, 09:48 AM
We need a backup to Sanchez.

Ravage!!!
04-21-2016, 10:43 AM
I'm always so confused as to why the "saving the cap" is so important if you are going to fill the MOST important position on the field with complete CRAP like Hoyer?? Who gives a flying FRAK that you saved cap space when saving that cap space puts a SHIT behind center? Don't think for a moment that we can repeat winning anything without a decent QB behind center. We landed lightning in a bottle, and it won't happen again. It certainly won't happen with a bag-o-shit QB like Hoyer taking the snaps.

Sanchez is a lot better than Hoyer. Fitz is better than both.

We'll be the cliche' of not making the playoffs the year after winning the Super Bowl, but BY GOLLY...we saved that cap space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BroncoJoe
04-21-2016, 10:45 AM
We didn't have any cap space to save.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-21-2016, 11:21 AM
I'm always so confused as to why the "saving the cap" is so important if you are going to fill the MOST important position on the field with complete CRAP like Hoyer?? Who gives a flying FRAK that you saved cap space when saving that cap space puts a SHIT behind center? Don't think for a moment that we can repeat winning anything without a decent QB behind center. We landed lightning in a bottle, and it won't happen again. It certainly won't happen with a bag-o-shit QB like Hoyer taking the snaps.

We'll be the cliche' of not making the playoffs the year after winning the Super Bowl, but BY GOLLY...we saved that cap space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need a backup behind Sanchez Rav. Last year's 7th round pick isn't a viable option.

dogfish
04-21-2016, 11:21 AM
okay, which of you got rav all bent of shape this early?

:laugh:

Buff
04-21-2016, 11:25 AM

Whoever invited Hoyer in for a visit, I think.

BroncoJoe
04-21-2016, 11:30 AM
Yeah - it doesn't take much to make RAV go over the edge.

underrated29
04-21-2016, 11:34 AM
Which is odd, he should be doing cartwheels on the news of his boy Ronald being re-signed for a 1 year contract.

MOtorboat
04-21-2016, 12:27 PM

Osweiler signing a contract with the Texans a month ago...

Mike
04-21-2016, 12:57 PM

Sanchez, Hoyer are both in the same category...shit and shitty. Fitz may be slightly better, but still not worth what he wants.

I don't think we will miss the playoffs. We have a favorable schedule. I think we probably get in at least as a wildcard barring injuries.

It was just a crappy year to need a FA QB. I don't want Denver to get crazy and give a big multi-year contract to a Fitz or Oz. Play with the hand that's been dealt, look at the long-term, don't make desperate moves, make the team better, and see what's out there next year. Chances were always slim to none that we would repeat anyways.

dogfish
04-21-2016, 01:37 PM
Yeah - it doesn't take much to make RAV go over the edge.

RAV sits with his feet dangling over the edge every morning while he has breakfast. . .

slim
04-21-2016, 01:38 PM
RAV sits with his feet dangling over the edge every morning while he has breakfast. . .

I hope he has breakfast between the hours of 7 and 9, otherwise I feel like this thread is destined for the black hole.

BroncoJoe
04-21-2016, 03:34 PM
I hope he has breakfast between the hours of 7 and 9, otherwise I feel like this thread is destined for the black hole.

Right. Buff would go nuclear.

VonDoom
04-21-2016, 03:37 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 6m6 minutes ago

Broncos did not talk contract w/ Brian Hoyer. DEN waiting out @Kaepernick7/draft. If no Kap/draft, Hoyer option vs Sanchez #9news #9sports

MOtorboat
04-21-2016, 03:57 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 6m6 minutes ago

Broncos did not talk contract w/ Brian Hoyer. DEN waiting out @Kaepernick7/draft. If no Kap/draft, Hoyer option vs Sanchez #9news #9sports

It could be a really interesting draft week for Denver.

BroncoJoe
04-21-2016, 04:05 PM
It could be a really interesting draft week for Denver.

This is actually the first draft I'm really interested in, in a long time!

Denver Native (Carol)
04-21-2016, 05:46 PM
Jason La Canfora

‎@JasonLaCanfora

On the Brian Hoyer front, will visit DEN as @AdamCaplan reported. If he doesn't sign there, expect him to a Bear by end of week
11:57 AM - 20 Apr 2016

OrangeHoof
04-21-2016, 07:30 PM
A Bear? Does he want to sit behind Cutler?

I think it's getting obvious the Broncos have a QB they expect they will be able to draft (Cook? Hackenberg? Prescott? Boykin?) and are just waiting to spring it.

TXBRONC
04-21-2016, 07:42 PM
A Bear? Does he want to sit behind Cutler?

I think it's getting obvious the Broncos have a QB they expect they will be able to draft (Cook? Hackenberg? Prescott? Boykin?) and are just waiting to spring it.

I don't why but I would rather Denver not draft Hackenberg and right know nothing about Boykin.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-21-2016, 07:55 PM
Lol, "we like your dress, but you're really option D, so we'll be in touch after the draft, mmmkay?"

Denver Native (Carol)
04-21-2016, 08:12 PM
Troy Renck Retweeted
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 6h6 hours ago

Brian Hoyer leaving Denver. No contract yet. Will stay in touch with Jets and Broncos. Bears and Steelers also monitoring situation

OrangeHoof
04-21-2016, 08:33 PM
Steelers? Think they'd give us Landry Jones?

slim
04-21-2016, 08:35 PM

God, I hope not.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-21-2016, 08:37 PM

Ewh

TXBRONC
04-22-2016, 07:02 AM
This is actually the first draft I'm really interested in, in a long time!

What do you find so intriguing about this draft? Does it have to do with fact Denver goes into the draft as the reigning Super Bowl Champs?

Tned
04-22-2016, 07:20 AM
What do you find so intriguing about this draft? Does it have to do with fact Denver goes into the draft as the reigning Super Bowl Champs?

I would imagine that among other things, it's the first time in over 30 years where the Broncos are so unsettled at QB.

BroncoJoe
04-22-2016, 07:26 AM
I would imagine that among other things, it's the first time in over 30 years where the Broncos are so unsettled at QB.

That, along with the two major trades, the relative uncertainty of several clubs at QB (vets getting old, etc). Clearly curious what the Broncos will do as well.

Cugel
04-22-2016, 04:01 PM
I keep waiting for anybody to remember that this is the same STIFF who threw 4 INTs and had 1 fumble in the 30-0 playoff loss to the Chiefs. He was beyond horrible.

Looking at the expression on the face of coach Bill O'Brien in the 3rd quarter you could tell that was the last game that Hoyer would ever play for the Texans.

He's utterly worthless. What good is having a guy as a backup, who, if you have to use him, plays like a deer in the headlights and throws 4 picks?

"Just like in their week 1 meeting with the Chiefs, Hoyer throws an interception in the first quarter!"

"I think that was a completion, because he was had to be throwing it to [Chiefs defensive back] Eric Berry."

Texans fans have to be laughing hysterically that they steal our QB, Osweiler, and we wind up with their useless dud Brian Hoyer.

I'd be alot happier if they just forgot about Hoyer, and just went with Sanchez as the starter and Seimian as the backup and drafted a QB like Dak Prescott to develop in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

dogfish
04-22-2016, 05:40 PM
Texans fans have to be laughing hysterically that they steal our QB, Osweiler, and we wind up with their useless dud Brian Hoyer.

that's okay, we'll be over here enjoying the trophy we just won with the coach they fired. . .

TXBRONC
04-22-2016, 07:47 PM
that's okay, we'll be over here enjoying the trophy we just won with the coach they fired. . .

Boom baby.

NightTerror218
04-22-2016, 11:11 PM
If elway missed on a QB in draft in early rounds hoyer could come in. Otherwise I think we see a QB in round 1 or 2. Otherwise a mid round plus hoyer.

Simple Jaded
04-22-2016, 11:16 PM
Texans fans might wanna wait til Osweiler proves he's better than Hoyer before they start laughing.

Ravage!!!
04-23-2016, 10:03 AM
Hoyer sucks ball sweat. He's awful. I would be laughing my ass off, if I were a Houston fan, on the thought of Hoyer being picked up by ANYONE...no less the defending champions.

Cugel
04-23-2016, 12:53 PM

That was hilarious! :laugh:

Yes, Broncos still have a better team than the Texans. Just went back and watched the first half of the Texans Chiefs game - and they began the game by giving up a kickoff return for a TD on the first play! An even worse start than the Broncos 2013 SB.

Before Hoyer even started throwing picks, they were down 7-0.

Cugel
04-23-2016, 12:59 PM
Texans fans might wanna wait til Osweiler proves he's better than Hoyer before they start laughing.

Well, nobody knows of course. That's why he wasn't worth $18M a year, $37M guaranteed (or $16M a year, $30M guaranteed for that matter).

From the Texans point of view they desperately need a QB and Osweiler was the best available. Their owner made it clear that the coach and GM needed to come up with a QB solution --- or else.

So, from the perspective of GM Rick Smith, either Osweiler will prove a success, in which case he'll be worth $18M a year, or else he won't, in which case Rick Smith will be fired, in which case he won't have to care what happens to the Texans. Any more than McMoron cared what happened to the Broncos after he left town with the team in shambles after a 4-12 season.

sneakers
04-25-2016, 12:42 AM
Uncle Rico could play qb for the broncos and still win 12 games, who really cares at this point

bring back Tebow pls

Denver Native (Carol)
04-25-2016, 12:53 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3h

Eagles have been informed Sam Bradford wants to be traded and he will not be showing up for their off-season program any longer, per source.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-25-2016, 01:03 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3h

Eagles have been informed Sam Bradford wants to be traded and he will not be showing up for their off-season program any longer, per source.

How does a guy who is making 18 million with little to no resume make a demand like this? Maybe he's extremely competitive, but so what? Go prove your worth it. Are you afraid you can't beat out a rookie?

CoachChaz
04-25-2016, 01:08 PM
How does a guy who is making 18 million with little to no resume make a demand like this? Maybe he's extremely competitive, but so what? Go prove your worth it. Are you afraid you can't beat out a rookie?

Wouldnt matter if he could or couldnt. It's Philly. If Bradford has one mediocre game, the fanbase will be screaming for Goff/Wentz to start...especially considering what they gave up for the pick.

slim
04-25-2016, 02:41 PM
If elway missed on a QB in draft in early rounds hoyer could come in. Otherwise I think we see a QB in round 1 or 2. Otherwise a mid round plus hoyer.

So you are saying they will draft a QB either early or late or not at all?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-25-2016, 02:55 PM
Wouldnt matter if he could or couldnt. It's Philly. If Bradford has one mediocre game, the fanbase will be screaming for Goff/Wentz to start...especially considering what they gave up for the pick.

That's true of any fan base, but Philly would probably be the worst.

NightTerror218
04-25-2016, 03:34 PM
So you are saying they will draft a QB either early or late or not at all?

Yes or no...but maybe.

Simple Jaded
04-25-2016, 09:59 PM
If I understand the salary cap the way I wished I did I think the Eags could trade Bradford, get nailed for his $11 MM signing bonus and still save $7 MM against the salary cap. That's how ****** up his extension is.

VonDoom
04-25-2016, 10:03 PM
If I understand the salary cap the way I wished I did I think the Eags could trade Bradford, get nailed for his $11 MM signing bonus and still save $7 MM against the salary cap. That's how ****** up his extension is.

His cap number is 12.5 million this year. They've already paid his 11 million bonus, so they would only save 1.5 million if he was traded

Simple Jaded
04-25-2016, 10:08 PM
His cap number is 12.5 million this year. They've already paid his 11 million bonus, so they would only save 1.5 million if he was traded

There ya have it, I was thinking he was making $18 this season and $18 next season. So he's getting another $13 or so next season?

VonDoom
04-26-2016, 07:53 AM
There ya have it, I was thinking he was making $18 this season and $18 next season. So he's getting another $13 or so next season?

It's a two year, $35 million deal. They split it so that his cap number is $12.5 million this year and $22.5 million next year (mostly due to the $11 million signing bonus being prorated over the two years). If they trade/cut him, the whole $11 million is accelerated to this year's cap. So if he plays for the Eagles, his cap number is $12.5 million. If they trade him, the cap number is $11 million. There's very little incentive for the Eagles to move him, especially now that they've laid out that cash.

Also, if he plays this year with them and they cut him next year, they save $13 million but take a dead hit of $9.5 million. That's why when this was signed, I figured he wasn't going anywhere for the two years. Now, before having played one down, he wants out. Great organization over there.

http://overthecap.com/player/sam-bradford/1349/

Denver Native (Carol)
04-26-2016, 10:25 AM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 15h

Prominent NFL source: Broncos reached out to PHI re: Bradford. Unable to confirm w/ team but NFL source: PHI asking price too high.

tomjonesrocks
04-26-2016, 10:41 AM
Not really understanding some of this news at QB right now. Bradford? Hoyer?

Even as an attempted smokescreen (best case scenario) it's pretty weak sauce.

slim
04-26-2016, 10:48 AM

What other options are there?

Davii
04-26-2016, 11:13 AM

I read something where Jamarcus Russell said he would play for free.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-26-2016, 11:13 AM

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5h

JaMarcus Russell says he'd 'play for free' for a chance to return to the NFL

Here ya go - and you can't beat free - :lol:

tomjonesrocks
04-26-2016, 11:19 AM

Either finish banging out a deal with Kaepernick or Tyrod Taylor or just stick with Sanchez and see what you get in the draft.

I don't see any upgrade over Sanchez with either Hoyer or Bradford. Seems like wasted effort.

OrangeHoof
04-26-2016, 12:13 PM
A Cowboys fan at work told me he thought a Tony Romo for #31 made sense. I told him we can't make that fit the salary cap. I don't think Dallas would be interested anyway.

TXBRONC
04-26-2016, 01:30 PM

Do you want them to reach out to Green Bay about Rodgers?

TXBRONC
04-26-2016, 01:32 PM

But JaMarcus' talent isn't throwing footballs it's eating them.

slim
04-26-2016, 01:33 PM
Either finish banging out a deal with Kaepernick or Tyrod Taylor or just stick with Sanchez and see what you get in the draft.

I don't see any upgrade over Sanchez with either Hoyer or Bradford. Seems like wasted effort.

Are either Kaep or Taylor a significant upgrade over Sanchez? Be honest...

TXBRONC
04-26-2016, 01:38 PM

I'm not sure that they are.

BroncoJoe
04-26-2016, 01:40 PM

No.

slim
04-26-2016, 01:41 PM
I'm not sure that they are.

Taylor might be, but at what cost?

The bottom line is we are going to roll into camp with a competition between two journeymen QBs, a second year 7th round pick and a rookie. It ain't sexy, but it's reality.

MOtorboat
04-26-2016, 01:44 PM
Taylor might be, but at what cost?

The bottom line is we are going to roll into camp with a competition between two journeymen QBs, a second year 7th round pick and a rookie. It ain't sexy, but it's reality.

Get on the train.

slim
04-26-2016, 01:44 PM
Or it could just be perception, which is also reality.

#deepthoughts

slim
04-26-2016, 01:45 PM
Get on the train.

I am the engineer on this bitch.

chazoe60
04-26-2016, 01:47 PM

Gives new meaning to the phrase "fat-free"

NightTerror218
04-26-2016, 01:49 PM

I am the engineer now get on the damn train

slim
04-26-2016, 01:51 PM
I am the engineer now get on the damn train

If you behave, I will let you blow the whistle.

Now sit down before you fall down.

BroncoJoe
04-26-2016, 02:00 PM
You idiots might believe you're the engineer/conductor, but I own the damn train.

Step aside.

MOtorboat
04-26-2016, 02:07 PM

I know. Somebody has to drive. Get on.

GEM
04-26-2016, 04:12 PM

I heard today that the Broncos put a call into the Eagles, but that the Eagles were asking too high a price for the Broncos. Broncos walked away from the conversation.

BroncoJoe
04-26-2016, 04:36 PM
It'd be stupid to not at least make a call to them.

DenBronx
04-26-2016, 04:52 PM
Get on the train.

Actually the Conductor is the guy in charge. The Engineer is paid to go forward and reverse but it's the Conductor that tells him when, where and how they are doing it. He is also the guy that communicates with the managers, dispatch, customers and crew to what the job plan is for the day. So the Conductor is the Foreman on the job and everyone else (Engineer, Brakeman, BR2, Switchman) just gets paid to do what he tells them to do.

So....I'm the HNIC on this bitch.

slim
04-26-2016, 05:04 PM
Actually the Conductor is the guy in charge. The Engineer is paid to go forward and reverse but it's the Conductor that tells him when, where and how they are doing it. He is also the guy that communicates with the managers, dispatch, customers and crew to what the job plan is for the day. So the Conductor is the Foreman on the job and everyone else (Engineer, Brakeman, BR2, Switchman) just gets paid to do what he tells them to do.

So....I'm the HNIC on this bitch.

This ain't no union job.

I give out the titles and responsibilities around here.

dogfish
04-26-2016, 05:10 PM
joe is actually the drunk hobo passed out in the back car. . .

BroncoJoe
04-26-2016, 05:14 PM

If I wasn't married with children and responsibilities, that would be an awesome life.

DenBronx
04-26-2016, 05:38 PM

If I wasn't married with children and responsibilities, that would be an awesome life.

Just don't hop on one while you're drunk. They will be looking for your body parts all over the tracks.

Davii
04-26-2016, 07:29 PM
But JaMarcus' talent isn't throwing footballs it's eating them.

But if he eats eat he can't fumble it

Davii
04-26-2016, 07:35 PM

Oh yeah, homelessness sounds like a blast. :fart:

:lol:

slim
04-26-2016, 08:33 PM
Oh yeah, homelessness sounds like a blast. :fart:

:lol:

Earth is our home....all of us.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-26-2016, 10:21 PM
A Cowboys fan at work told me he thought a Tony Romo for #31 made sense. I told him we can't make that fit the salary cap. I don't think Dallas would be interested anyway.

Cowboys fan at work, whaa?

It must be the offseason. :D

Simple Jaded
04-26-2016, 10:32 PM

Kaep is, imo, Taylor is a clear downgrade. Trading anything significant for him makes no sense whatsoever.

slim
04-26-2016, 10:43 PM
Kaep is, imo, Taylor is a clear downgrade. Trading anything significant for him makes no sense whatsoever.

I completely disagree. I like Taylor and would give our 2nd to acquire him. I would give nothing for Kaep..

Simple Jaded
04-26-2016, 10:52 PM
I completely disagree. I like Taylor and would give our 2nd to acquire him. I would give nothing for Kaep..

I like Taylor too, as a backup. A 2nd rounder for a short zone-read QB with 16 starts is as drastic as giving $18/per to a QB with 7 starts. Plus, he wants to get paid and we've seen the going rate for scrub QB's.

He was a free agent less than a year ago and got two offers.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-26-2016, 11:02 PM
You idiots might believe you're the engineer/conductor, but I own the damn train.

Step aside.

That explains the big kaboos. :D

tomjonesrocks
04-26-2016, 11:02 PM

Taylor makes the most sense to me also unless you just go forward with Sanchez and don't reach and draft BPA down the line. Not making the foolish mistakes of other franchises seems smart.

The call on Bradford is a bit embarrassing. As was the Hoyer visit.

dogfish
04-26-2016, 11:45 PM
the team that knows taylor best doesn't seem overly anxious to get him signed long-term. . . that doesn't make me eager to give up anything significant for the guy. . .

TXBRONC
04-27-2016, 06:20 AM

Very true but he can still be sacked.

chazoe60
04-27-2016, 06:24 AM
the team that knows taylor best doesn't seem overly anxious to get him signed long-term. . . that doesn't make me eager to give up anything significant for the guy. . .

The team that knows him best is run by Rex Ryan, just sayin'.

TXBRONC
04-27-2016, 06:32 AM
Taylor makes the most sense to me also unless you just go forward with Sanchez and don't reach and draft BPA down the line. Not making the foolish mistakes of other franchises seems smart.

The call on Bradford is a bit embarrassing. As was the Hoyer visit.

I don't see what is embarrassing and to whom. Elway asked about Bradford, the Eagles wanted to much so Elway said no. What I would find embarrassing is giving the Eagles what they asked for then Bradford blows out a knee while sneezing in the locker room.

TXBRONC
04-27-2016, 06:34 AM

Very true but he could still be sacked.

CoachChaz
04-27-2016, 09:26 AM
I don't see what is embarrassing and to whom. Elway asked about Bradford, the Eagles wanted to much so Elway no. What I would find embarrassing is giving the Eagles what they asked for then Bradford blows out a knee while sneezing in the locker room.

That still goes with the overly used rhetoric of "every draft pick is a gamble". Realistically, we arent getting any of the NFL ready QB's in this draft. So, the options are simply to gamble on one of Cook, Hackenberg or Prescott, or...God forbid the over-hyped Hogan much later. Maybe one of them turns out to be a quality NFL QB, but if I'm gambling...I deal pick 63 for the proven QB that may or most likely may not have another significant injury.

Ravage!!!
04-27-2016, 09:38 AM
That still goes with the overly used rhetoric of "every draft pick is a gamble". Realistically, we arent getting any of the NFL ready QB's in this draft. So, the options are simply to gamble on one of Cook, Hackenberg or Prescott, or...God forbid the over-hyped Hogan much later. Maybe one of them turns out to be a quality NFL QB, but if I'm gambling...I deal pick 63 for the proven QB that may or most likely may not have another significant injury.

Some players just get injured more often than others. We've seen it time and time again. Bradford missed his entire senior year in College, and has only finished 2 seasons in the NFL without injury. The "gamble" that he 'won't' be injured again is greater than the gamble that he will actually stay healthy. Not to mention that the monetary investment would be much more for Bradford than for any rookie for the next number of years.

Bradford would be smarter to just play this season with the Eagles. Have ONE friggin good year, and then the Eagles will trade him to a team that will AGAIN pay him a bunch of money. Eventually, a team will get more than 1 million per TD pass from him.

BroncoJoe
04-27-2016, 09:39 AM
What don't you like about Hogan, Coach?

CoachChaz
04-27-2016, 09:45 AM
Some players just get injured more often than others. We've seen it time and time again. Bradford missed his entire senior year in College, and has only finished 2 seasons in the NFL without injury. The "gamble" that he 'won't' be injured again is greater than the gamble that he will actually stay healthy. Not to mention that the monetary investment would be much more for Bradford than for any rookie for the next number of years.

Bradford would be smarter to just play this season with the Eagles. Have ONE friggin good year, and then the Eagles will trade him to a team that will AGAIN pay him a bunch of money. Eventually, a team will get more than 1 million per TD pass from him.

11 million for 2 years isnt what I'd call a significant monetary investment for a QB that, when healthy, has played pretty well on bad teams. Yes, the injury thing is a concern that cant be ignored, but I'm sorry...I just dont get all moist frisky over the prospect of Prescott or Hackenberg as an alternative option.

Ravage!!!
04-27-2016, 09:52 AM
11 million for 2 years isnt what I'd call a significant monetary investment for a QB that, when healthy, has played pretty well on bad teams. Yes, the injury thing is a concern that cant be ignored, but I'm sorry...I just dont get all moist frisky over the prospect of Prescott or Hackenberg as an alternative option.

I don't know much about either QB (Prescott or Hackenburg), and I've learned that I'm better off not knowing since the play in college doesn't translate to the NFL very often. So I'll judge from the NFL field on how they play in the NFL.

That being said, we know that Bradford is an extremely risky option, period. He's proved that, and he hasn't exactly "lit it up" when healthy. He's been pretty.... eh... at best. Best number of TDs in a season is 21. Best passing % was this year at 65%, but threw only 19 TDs while tossing 14 picks. He's not worth a 2nd rounder, and he's not worth 'guaranteeing' a starting job too, despite him feeling like he is.

There is always risk in any draft pick, but at least y ou have the CHANCE that they good.

CoachChaz
04-27-2016, 09:54 AM
What don't you like about Hogan, Coach?

Poor accuracy on easy passes...holds the ball too long...throws a bad pass instead of throwing the ball away or just taking the sack...long throwing motion (spare me the Rivers comparisons)...

There is a reason he is graded as a 3rd day prospect and future clipboard holder. I love his heart, but his skills just arent anything to fall in love with.

CoachChaz
04-27-2016, 10:05 AM
I don't know much about either QB (Prescott or Hackenburg), and I've learned that I'm better off not knowing since the play in college doesn't translate to the NFL very often. So I'll judge from the NFL field on how they play in the NFL.

That being said, we know that Bradford is an extremely risky option, period. He's proved that, and he hasn't exactly "lit it up" when healthy. He's been pretty.... eh... at best. Best number of TDs in a season is 21. Best passing % was this year at 65%, but threw only 19 TDs while tossing 14 picks. He's not worth a 2nd rounder, and he's not worth 'guaranteeing' a starting job too, despite him feeling like he is.

There is always risk in any draft pick, but at least y ou have the CHANCE that they good.

Serious question...what do we think the odds are that a QB taken anywhere in our area (meaning not named Goff/Wentz/Lynch) turn out to be better players than Bradford? Personally, I think they are very low. Just my opinion based on history.

And for the record, I'm not advocating a trade for Bradford. Just stating I'd prefer him in a deal over Kaep. If we were able to wait and get a guy like Prescott later on, I'd be okay with him as a "wild card" for the future, but unlike many others I just dont feel all warm and fuzzy about Sanchez leading this team. Top defense or not.

Davii
04-27-2016, 10:23 AM
Serious question...what do we think the odds are that a QB taken anywhere in our area (meaning not named Goff/Wentz/Lynch) turn out to be better players than Bradford? Personally, I think they are very low. Just my opinion based on history.

And for the record, I'm not advocating a trade for Bradford. Just stating I'd prefer him in a deal over Kaep. If we were able to wait and get a guy like Prescott later on, I'd be okay with him as a "wild card" for the future, but unlike many others I just dont feel all warm and fuzzy about Sanchez leading this team. Top defense or not.

There's still room on the train Coach.

CoachChaz
04-27-2016, 10:25 AM
There's still room on the train Coach.

If it's the Sanchez train...I'll wait for the next one.

Ravage!!!
04-27-2016, 10:34 AM

I think the 'odds' of us finding a 'franchise' QB (or QB for any foreseeable future) where we draft is EXTREMELY rare and most likely not going to happen. History has shown it. Which is why I'm not looking to really find our future in the draft, and feel we will have to find that QB in the FA market.

Kaep has NEVER been my guy. I just don't like his personality. BUT.. he did have 2nd round talent. He's still young, and runs like a gazelle. I look at Smith in KC. He's never matched the expectations of his #1 overall draft position, but he obviously is showing that he has 1st round talent while playing in KC. He's improved that team significantly, and his legs have given Denver fits on those much needed 3rd and long situations.

Kaep went to the Super Bowl when he was on a team that had good coaching and a strong defense. His ability to run, puts an added dimension to our offense that we haven't had for a long long time, and combine that with the "just play it smart" mantra that would be rammed down his throat here in Dener (hopefully), a QB with that skill set could be an interesting fit. I also have come to believe that Sanchez would be capable here. He had 1st round talent and has had strong success on a team that just asked him to keep the train running and let the defense keep us "in the game." Kaep's athletic skillset has grown with me, however.

Bradford...doesn't offer anything that the other two don't. He's was the 1st overall pick, so he (like Smith)...certainly has skills. But his injury history is a bigger gamble. Why invest that money on a HIGHER risk?

BroncoJoe
04-27-2016, 10:39 AM
Poor accuracy on easy passes...holds the ball too long...throws a bad pass instead of throwing the ball away or just taking the sack...long throwing motion (spare me the Rivers comparisons)...

There is a reason he is graded as a 3rd day prospect and future clipboard holder. I love his heart, but his skills just arent anything to fall in love with.

Thanks - I respect your analysis, and have liked what I've seen (all highlights, so take that for what it's worth) and his game against the Buffs.

broncohead
04-27-2016, 10:52 AM
Cook is more pro ready than Lynch except he doesn't have the cannon people drool over

TXBRONC
04-27-2016, 11:13 AM

If the Eagles are asking for a number one for Bradford I wouldn't give it to them. I think I would be hesitant to give them a 2nd round pick.

CoachChaz
04-27-2016, 11:16 AM
Cook is more pro ready than Lynch except he doesn't have the cannon people drool over

Now...but Lynch has a much higher ceiling

CoachChaz
04-27-2016, 11:20 AM
I think the 'odds' of us finding a 'franchise' QB (or QB for any foreseeable future) where we draft is EXTREMELY rare and most likely not going to happen. History has shown it. Which is why I'm not looking to really find our future in the draft, and feel we will have to find that QB in the FA market.

Kaep has NEVER been my guy. I just don't like his personality. BUT.. he did have 2nd round talent. He's still young, and runs like a gazelle. I look at Smith in KC. He's never matched the expectations of his #1 overall draft position, but he obviously is showing that he has 1st round talent while playing in KC. He's improved that team significantly, and his legs have given Denver fits on those much needed 3rd and long situations.

Kaep went to the Super Bowl when he was on a team that had good coaching and a strong defense. His ability to run, puts an added dimension to our offense that we haven't had for a long long time, and combine that with the "just play it smart" mantra that would be rammed down his throat here in Dener (hopefully), a QB with that skill set could be an interesting fit. I also have come to believe that Sanchez would be capable here. He had 1st round talent and has had strong success on a team that just asked him to keep the train running and let the defense keep us "in the game." Kaep's athletic skillset has grown with me, however.

Bradford...doesn't offer anything that the other two don't. He's was the 1st overall pick, so he (like Smith)...certainly has skills. But his injury history is a bigger gamble. Why invest that money on a HIGHER risk?

Which is why I would advocate for Bradford. Right now you could have him for 2 years at a total of $11 million dollars. Right now is our chance to win and having a competent QB is a luxury. At the end of the day, I look at this roster and I ask who would be the best QB to help lead the team for the next 2 years while our window is still open. If my options are Bradford, Kaepernick, Sanchez or a mid-level rookie...I go with Bradford 100 times out of 100. Then we look at the market over the next 2 seasons and see what is available there or via draft and find the next one. Unfortunately...these are out current options.

So, I guess that's the question. Which guy is best suited to lead us to a championship this year and next?

CoachChaz
04-27-2016, 11:21 AM
Thanks - I respect your analysis, and have liked what I've seen (all highlights, so take that for what it's worth) and his game against the Buffs.

My other point of curiosity...take McCaffrey away and what does he do?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-27-2016, 12:31 PM

This^^^^

You just communicated it better than I did.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-27-2016, 12:33 PM
Now...but Lynch has a much higher ceiling

Lynch has a higher ceiling, but I am concerned about his football iq.

CoachChaz
04-27-2016, 12:34 PM
Lynch has a higher ceiling, but I am concerned about his football iq.

No disagreement there. Personally, I would have him graded as a 2nd round prospect behind Cook.

OrangeHoof
04-27-2016, 02:54 PM
If I have to pay Bradford's salary, I'd rather get a QB who has the accomplishments to match it. Otherwise, I'll cobble together some backups and let the D win the game for us.

CoachChaz
04-27-2016, 04:57 PM
If I have to pay Bradford's salary, I'd rather get a QB who has the accomplishments to match it. Otherwise, I'll cobble together some backups and let the D win the game for us.

Again...it's only 7 mil this year since Philly already paid 11 of it. If he kicks ass, the 18 mil for next year is worthy and if he chokes, it's only 4 mil to dump him. That's a pretty cheap gamble.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-27-2016, 08:16 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2h

Free-agent QB Brian Hoyer plans to wait to see how draft plays out this week before choosing where to sign, per source.

OrangeHoof
04-28-2016, 04:38 PM
All the more reason the Broncos should take a QB in Round One. I hope he goes to the Jets.

VonDoom
04-29-2016, 06:11 PM
Klis is reporting that we're out on Hoyer (not a surprise at this point) and that we will only carry 3 QB. Says to me that they like Siemian and don't want to lose him if we sign a vet instead

Denver Native (Carol)
04-29-2016, 06:29 PM
Nicki Jhabvala Retweeted
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 24m

Once #Broncos drafted Lynch a person close to Hoyer said he wasn't signing w Denver. Wanted to last week. Looking for new Opp now

Simple Jaded
04-29-2016, 06:46 PM
No more former Cheatriots anyway.

Poet
04-29-2016, 06:51 PM
Hoyer is probably the worst QB I've ever seen.

Simple Jaded
04-29-2016, 07:14 PM
Hoyer is probably the worst QB I've ever seen.

Must.......resist.......temp.......ta.......tion.. .....

Poet
04-29-2016, 07:15 PM
Must.......resist.......temp.......ta.......tion.. .....

Watch his last playoff game and show me where I am wrong.

Simple Jaded
04-29-2016, 07:37 PM

He's horrible, just fighting the urge to point out that either you've never seen Tim Tebow or.......you've never seen Tim Tebow.

Poet
04-29-2016, 08:00 PM
He's horrible, just fighting the urge to point out that either you've never seen Tim Tebow or.......you've never seen Tim Tebow.

Tebow is was better than Hoyer.

Ravage!!!
04-29-2016, 08:02 PM

nope

Simple Jaded
04-29-2016, 09:02 PM

He's got better hair.

Poet
04-29-2016, 09:19 PM
nope

Yup. But I hate you so go away. Forever.

VonDoom
04-30-2016, 06:45 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 25m25 minutes ago

Free agent QB Brian Hoyer is signing with the #Bears, source said. They were waiting for the #Broncos & #Jets situations to clear up.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-30-2016, 09:10 PM
LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- The Chicago Bears have agreed to terms with veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer on a one-year deal.

Six teams expressed interest in Hoyer, who played one season in Cleveland under Bears offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains. The Bears pursued Hoyer because of the experience and leadership he brings to the backup quarterback spot behind incumbent starter Jay Cutler.

"I like that Dowell has been with him, has a lot of comfort with him," Bears general manager Ryan Pace said. "I've watched him play over the years. A very intelligent player. I know he's got a strong work ethic because we've got coaches that have been with him. I think he's a really good piece to add to the mix."

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15436547/chicago-bears-qb-brian-hoyer-agree-terms-contract

TXBRONC
05-01-2016, 07:35 PM
Nicki Jhabvala Retweeted
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 24m

Once #Broncos drafted Lynch a person close to Hoyer said he wasn't signing w Denver. Wanted to last week. Looking for new Opp now

That's fine, I wasn't thrilled about the prospect of him being Denver anyway.

FanInAZ
05-01-2016, 08:22 PM

So you’re basing your assessment of him on 1 bad game? You do know that even the greatest QBs who ever played had bad games too? Do you know what Hoyer did that none of the all-time greats ever did? He led the Cleveland Train Wreck to a 10-6 record over 2 partial seasons.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HoyeBr00.htm

Tim “The Winner” Tebow was only 8-6 as our starter for 2 partial seasons.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TeboTi00.htm

Poet
05-01-2016, 08:34 PM
Hoyer can never bounce back from that game, man. If one guy can only implode in the big game, and that's all Hoyer can do, he's a failure.

FanInAZ
05-01-2016, 11:09 PM
Hoyer can never bounce back from that game, man. If one guy can only implode in the big game, and that's all Hoyer can do, he's a failure.

And Tebow's last playoff game was better :shocked:

Brian Hoyer: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201601090htx.htm

Yes, Hoyer had 4 INTs while completing just 44% of his passes.

Tim Tebow: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201201140nwe.htm

Tebow had a coach that didn't trust him to throw the ball, due to him completing just 35% of the passes that he did throw, resulting in Denver running the ball 78% of the time in a game in which we were down by 28 going into halftime. So how can you say Tebow is better when its clear that Hoyer's coach still had enough faith in him to put the game in his hands while Tebow's coach had so little faith in him that he put the game in the hands of our RBs.

Poet
05-01-2016, 11:48 PM
Tebow showed he can get something done in the playoffs in the Pitt game. Hoyer has shown he cannot and will never do so.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-02-2016, 12:00 AM
Tebow showed he can get something done in the playoffs in the Pitt game. Hoyer has shown he cannot and will never do so.

You're being too hard on Hoyer. He was just confused in that game against the Chiefs.

Rumor has it someone told him the new playoff rules favored a more dodge ball like experience.

Poet
05-02-2016, 12:42 AM
You're being too hard on Hoyer. He was just confused in that game against the Chiefs.

Rumor has it someone told him the new playoff rules favored a more dodge ball like experience.

I doubt Brady Quinn could have performed worse.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-02-2016, 12:44 AM
I doubt Brady Quinn could have performed worse.

He could have if he was told to throw the ball at the other team.

FanInAZ
05-02-2016, 01:15 AM

Fine, we sign TT then have all of our opponents sit 1 of their starting safeties that that TT MIGHT be able to burn their back up for big plays so that no one will notice that he only completed 10 out of 21 passes. We will also hope that Demaryius Thomas turns a short completion into an 80 yard OT game winning TD so that no one notices that almost everything he did do he did in the 1st half. After all, there's no way we want pay any attention to the fact that the Steelers' D went into the locker room at halftime & made the adjustment necessary to just 1 2nd half field goal.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201201080den.htm

Poet
05-02-2016, 01:45 AM
I'm not saying sign TT. I'm saying Hoyer is awful and the worst QB I've ever seen. Please don't think I'm defending Tebow.

FanInAZ
05-02-2016, 02:15 AM
I'm not saying sign TT. I'm saying Hoyer is awful and the worst QB I've ever seen. Please don't think I'm defending Tebow.

Your right, I did overstate your more positive view of Tebow then Hoyer.

Nevertheless, you are still basing your assessment solely on a comparison of Hoyer's only play-off game to Tebow's only play-off game in which he was given the opportunity to exploit a huge hole in the Steelers' secondary. You are completely over looking the fact that he was only able to do that during the 1st half of that game, and benefited from DT's ability to turn a short pass into a long game winning TD in OT. If Hoyer was our QB, I believe we would've let up in the 2nd half and would've blown the Steelers out.

Poet
05-02-2016, 02:16 AM
Yes. I presume that if you are that bad in the playoffs you will never recover. If you can'd do anything to help your team in the playoffs, and another guy can, that guy is better than you.

FanInAZ
05-02-2016, 02:30 AM
Yes. I presume that if you are that bad in the playoffs you will never recover. If you can'd do anything to help your team in the playoffs, and another guy can, that guy is better than you.

1) You have the same mentality as those who said Elway would never win a SB after we got blown out 3 times in 4 years. Being bad in your 1st playoff game (or 1st 3 SB appearances) doesn't mean that your going to be bad every playoff game (or SB) that you'll ever play.

2) Again, TT threw a short pass that DT turned into an 80 TD. Why do you give all the credit to TT when DT was the 1 who performed spectacularly on the game winning play? If Hoyer would've been our QB, I've no doubt that it would've stayed a blow out.

Valar Morghulis
05-02-2016, 02:38 AM

I bet after the game his teammates threw a few wrenches at him....

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-02-2016, 08:40 AM
I bet after the game his teammates threw a few wrenches at him....

"Dodge-wrench", sounds like a biker initiation.

Tned
05-02-2016, 10:04 AM

Mark Schlereth at one time said that Tebow can't throw against air. What he meant by that was that even in warmups or 7 on 7 or other limited drills, Tebow still missed the receivers far too often. Like many Broncos fans, at the time, I though Mark was being way too critical of Tebow and likely reacting/overreacting to all the fan love.

Then, something happened.

In '11, I was in the stands for the KC game. Not just that, I was able to get a field pass to go out and watch warmups on the field, standing down near the goal line. I finally understood what Schlereth meant. During warmups, Tebow was completing about 50% of his passes against air, no defenders of course.

Worse, of his misses, probably 50-75 % were so far off target (often way high) that most of the time the receivers didn't even raise their hands to try and catch the ball. Sometimes they would mock catch it, just to work on timing, even though the ball sailed a yard or two above their head.

Tebow truly was an awful passer.

Ravage!!!
05-02-2016, 10:28 AM

THis is an example of taking an individual pass in a TEAM sport to compare two players that played for two different teams, played against two completely different teams, in a season that are 6 years apart.

Poet
05-02-2016, 12:44 PM
THis is an example of taking an individual pass in a TEAM sport to compare two players that played for two different teams, played against two completely different teams, in a season that are 6 years apart.

This is an example of how some guys can both be awful QB's, but one is not completely devoid of contributing in a big moment. Both QB's are polished turds. One turd is slightly more polished.

Ravage, I would rather have you QB the Broncos during a postseason game than Hoyer. For all I know you have a grand total of seven fingers and a pegleg.

G_Money
05-02-2016, 02:05 PM
For all I know you have a grand total of seven fingers and a pegleg.

The pegleg only starts at the knee, though. He can still dance a loud jig instead of just drilling holes in the turf. And he's still more mobile than Manning, so that's a bonus.