PDA

View Full Version : Broncos offseason worth hefty $1 million to Okung

Denver Native (Carol)
04-16-2016, 08:45 PM
KUSA - Offseason workouts figure to pay off for all NFL players. Russell Okung more than others.

Six Denver Broncos players can collect workout bonuses by attending 90 percent of the offseason sessions that begin Monday.

Okung, the Broncos’ new left tackle, tops the group with a whopping $1 million workout bonus. He will spend at least Phase I and II of the team's offseason workout program rehabilitating his surgically repaired left shoulder.

Player, Pos …… Workout bonus

Russell Okung, LT ….… $1 million

Jared Crick, DE …….…. $250,000

C.J. Anderson, RB …..…$100,000

Chris Harris Jr., CB ....... $100,000

Derek Wolfe, DE ……..… $50,000

Jordan Norwood, WR ..… $30,000

rest - http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/broncos-offseason-worth-hefty-1-million-to-okung/137181181

Davii
04-17-2016, 09:05 PM
Damn that's a big number for a workout bonus. I guess because of the rehab

The Glue Factory
04-19-2016, 09:50 AM
Damn that's a big number for a workout bonus. I guess because of the rehab

A player friendly clause in a team friendly contract?

Cugel
04-19-2016, 11:57 AM
NONE of Russell Okung's money is guaranteed. He gets a base salary (if he's on the roster for 16 games) of $2M, option bonus of $200k, workout bonus of $1M and roster bonus of $2M. His dead cap space if they cut or traded him is $200k.

He didn't have an agent and got anally raped by the Broncos - to wind up with zero guaranteed money. He played out his 5 year rookie deal with the Seahawks and they didn't want to pay him. So, even if he proves his worth, the Broncos can re-negotiate his $11.2 M next season - before the guaranteed money kicks in.

If they want to keep him that is. If not he's a one year rental for $5M.

Davii
04-19-2016, 01:00 PM
NONE of Russell Okung's money is guaranteed. He gets a base salary (if he's on the roster for 16 games) of $2M, option bonus of $200k, workout bonus of $1M and roster bonus of $2M. His dead cap space if they cut or traded him is $200k.

He didn't have an agent and got anally raped by the Broncos - to wind up with zero guaranteed money. He played out his 5 year rookie deal with the Seahawks and they didn't want to pay him. So, even if he proves his worth, the Broncos can re-negotiate his $11.2 M next season - before the guaranteed money kicks in.

Anally raped for 5 million? Dang, I always thought getting anally raped sounded bad but I might be softening on that stance.

BroncoJoe
04-19-2016, 01:05 PM

He wanted to be here. As usual, you spew crapola. No one held a gun to his head to sign the offer.

Davii
04-19-2016, 01:06 PM
He wanted to be here. As usual, you spew crapola. No one held a gun to his head to sign the offer.

Joe, what are your thoughts on being anally raped for 5 million? Doable?

Oh, Asking for a friend.

TXBRONC
04-19-2016, 01:34 PM

I'm not sure where you're going with this Cugel. These all things that are known.

The deal make look like he was duped but when looking at the entire six years he been in the League it not a bad deal for him. Out of 96 total regular season game he's started 72. That means he's means a season and half worth of games (24). Over the last three seasons he missed 13 games and while that is considerably less than Clady it's a very high number.

TXBRONC
04-19-2016, 01:40 PM
Joe, what are your thoughts on being anally raped for 5 million? Doable?

Oh, Asking for a friend.

If I was Joe I would want to know if there was going to be lubricant.

slim
04-19-2016, 01:56 PM
If I was Joe I would want to know if there was going to be lubricant.

For $5M, Joe will bring his own lube.

TXBRONC
04-19-2016, 02:02 PM
For $5M, Joe will bring his own lube.

:suspicious: