PDA

View Full Version : Mark Sanchez remarkably rooted as he fights for Broncos' starting QB job

Denver Native (Carol)
04-16-2016, 06:07 PM
LAGUNA HILLS, Calif. — On a warm April day, Mark Sanchez walks into ProSport Performance & Therapy, his local gym, and straight into conversation. He talks with employees before heading to an open training table in the back of the room. Sanchez begins his preworkout routine, sticking four small circular pads across his right shoulder while attaching the cables of a Compex muscle stimulator. As the electrotherapy runs through his body, making him look like a science experiment, Sanchez provides a bolt of lightning.

"Coming to the Denver Broncos, this is a gift-wrapped opportunity. I believe in fate and destiny," he said, his conversational tone turning serious. "There's no excuse. I need to take full advantage. There's nothing more important in my life than this."

AND

In what general manager John Elway categorized as the first step in a process, he acquired Sanchez from the Philadelphia Eagles on March 11 for a conditional seventh-round draft pick. How Sanchez learned of the trade hints, in part, why the Broncos wanted him.

"Mark doesn't have people around him who tell him how good he is. He's a pro's pro. Every little detail matters. He puts in the time, and that's what he was doing on that day," said longtime trainer Rick Stassi. "To see the expression on his face after he took that phone call — I will always remember how happy he was."

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29776114/mark-sanchez-remarkably-rooted-he-fights-broncos-starting-qb-job

NightTerror218
04-16-2016, 08:53 PM
If any HC can make Sanchez a pro bowler it is Kubiak. Look what he did with worse with the Texans.

BORDERLINE
04-16-2016, 09:42 PM
He's saying and doing all the right things. Is he my first choice? NO. But given a look of who's out there he's right up with them. The butt fumble hurt more than anything. I believe the run game and the coaches will put him in position to win. All it takes is a gutsy run or a dive in the endzone for the fans to see he wants it

Simple Jaded
04-16-2016, 10:48 PM
I hope he leads the league in TD passes, yards. . .and butt fumbles.

sneakers
04-17-2016, 12:55 AM
rooted? he is a tree? he is immobile like Manning?

MOtorboat
04-17-2016, 01:33 AM
He's saying and doing all the right things. Is he my first choice? NO. But given a look of who's out there he's right up with them. The butt fumble hurt more than anything. I believe the run game and the coaches will put him in position to win. All it takes is a gutsy run or a dive in the endzone for the fans to see he wants it

The fumble is about the most inconsequential thing you can think of, to be honest. The chances of that happening again are fairly low.

Focusing on that as a reason Sanchez can't start ignores a lot things.

BORDERLINE
04-17-2016, 09:33 AM
The fumble is about the most inconsequential thing you can think of, to be honest. The chances of that happening again are fairly low.

Focusing on that as a reason Sanchez can't start ignores a lot things.

For the casual fan that's the one thing they think about so it did hurt his perception to the general public.

If the Kap deal doesn't get done. I believe Denver brings in another veteran QB and drafts one. Out of who ever they bring in I believe Sanchez will have a head start and keep the starting position.

After going back to back I remember Bubby going into that season as a starter only to lose it in pre-season to Griese. I liked the move back then but the 0-4 start suggested otherwise. I'm sure Kubes will make the right choice. I just feel its of the upmost importance to have a starter penciled in before TC starts maybe even before then.

MOtorboat
04-17-2016, 10:54 AM
For the casual fan that's the one thing they think about so it did hurt his perception to the general public.

If the Kap deal doesn't get done. I believe Denver brings in another veteran QB and drafts one. Out of who ever they bring in I believe Sanchez will have a head start and keep the starting position.

After going back to back I remember Bubby going into that season as a starter only to lose it in pre-season to Griese. I liked the move back then but the 0-4 start suggested otherwise. I'm sure Kubes will make the right choice. I just feel its of the upmost importance to have a starter penciled in before TC starts maybe even before then.

The casual fan isn't throwing passes. :whoknows: