PDA

View Full Version : WR Bennie Fowler signs exclusive rights free-agent tender

Denver Native (Carol)
04-15-2016, 04:33 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — After an impressive first season in which he rose in the ranks to make key plays throughout the season, wide receiver Bennie Fowler has signed his exclusive rights free-agent tender to return to the Broncos in 2016.

"It feels great to continue my career here in Denver. I'm happy to be back," Fowler said.

A 2014 practice squad player who was signed as a college free agent, Fowler recorded 203 receiving yards on 16 receptions (12.7 yard average). In the playoffs, he had two receptions for 35 yards. No catch, regular-season or postseason, was bigger than his 31-yard reception on third-and-12 against the Steelers during the fourth quarter of the Broncos' AFC Divisional Playoff game. With an offense struggling to find its groove, Fowler caught a pass over the middle from Peyton Manning that kept the drive and the Broncos' season alive. The possession would end in a go-ahead touchdown that would put the Broncos up for good.

rest - plus videos - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/WR-Bennie-Fowler-signs-exclusive-rights-free-agent-tender/48e134cd-56a2-4d30-a8ef-18e6e6510a9a

Denver Native (Carol)
04-15-2016, 04:36 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — After C Matt Paradis and WR Bennie Fowler signed their exclusive rights free-agent tender, center Sam Brenner has done the same to stay a Bronco.

Denver claimed Brenner off waivers on Nov. 18, 2015. He spent eight weeks of the 2015 regular season and the entire postseason on Denver's active roster.

Brenner is a third-year center who previously played for the Dolphins. Miami signed him as a college free agent, and Brenner went on to start in four of seven games for Miami. In 2014, Brenner spent 16 games on the practice squad before being promoted to the active roster for the season finale.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Sam-Brenner-signs-exclusive-rights-free-agent-tender/facb0042-4cd0-437d-b8a1-c031c8e6f428

Bronco4ever
04-15-2016, 04:39 PM
I'd gladly keep him as WR3 over Caldwell.

DenBronx
04-15-2016, 06:04 PM
Thank you John Madden.

slim
04-15-2016, 06:25 PM
I'd gladly keep him as WR3 over Caldwell.

I used to feel like this, burn Bubba made a huge catch on the opening drive of the SB.

#respect

BroncoWave
04-15-2016, 09:56 PM
I used to feel like this, burn Bubba made a huge catch on the opening drive of the SB.

#respect

Bubba is one of those guys who never wows you, but always seems to do just enough to stick onto a roster. Overall, not the worst guy to have to fill in in a pinch if needed.

Joel
04-16-2016, 03:21 AM
Bubba is one of those guys who never wows you, but always seems to do just enough to stick onto a roster. Overall, not the worst guy to have to fill in in a pinch if needed.
Kinda how I've always felt. To hear people talk you'd think he drops balls left and right, runs a 6.0 40 and forgets his route on every play. For a guy who's spent his time in Denver with the likes of DT, Sanders, Welker and Decker, he's made a lot of his few opportunities though. It's not his fault there's a ton of Pro Bowlers ahead of him on the depth chart, and he contributes when he DOES get the chance. So does Fowler, more explosively, at a younger age.

We all know who's the odd man out here, even if he did pick up a bit last year. And as long as Caldwell's outplaying a 2nd round pick 5 years younger, maybe that's the guy we should consider NOT keeping. Wonder if it's too late in his contract to get any trade value.

TXBRONC
04-16-2016, 08:57 AM

#respect

True but Bennie's catch sealed the win.

BroncoWave
04-16-2016, 09:55 AM
True but Bennie's catch sealed the win.

What does that have to do with Bubba?

Davii
04-16-2016, 12:24 PM

What does this thread have to do with Bubba?

As much as his comment had to do with him...

Simple Jaded
04-16-2016, 02:56 PM

Closer to the Nasty Nate Jackson kind, where you just can't figure out why he always makes the roster.

TXBRONC
04-16-2016, 03:01 PM

The thread is about Bennie not Bubba.

dogfish
04-16-2016, 05:37 PM
you're my boy, blue!

BroncoWave
04-16-2016, 05:40 PM
The thread is about Bennie not Bubba.

I realize that, but the post you were responding to was about Bubba. I'm not sure what Fowler's 2 point catch had to do with the big catch Bubba made early in the game.

TXBRONC
04-16-2016, 05:49 PM
I realize that, but the post you were responding to was about Bubba. I'm not sure what Fowler's 2 point catch had to do with the big catch Bubba made early in the game.

I'm pointing that while Bubba had a big catch so did Fowler. Since the thread is concerning Fowler my post has relevance.

Bronco4ever
04-16-2016, 10:23 PM
I didn't mean to side track the thread. I mainly meant I like Bennie better as a WR3 than Caldwell. I think Bubba certainly had his good moments, but I remember a lot of drops in there too. I think Bennie made the best of his opportunities, including that sweet 3rd down catch late in the 4th quarter against Pittsburgh in the playoffs. Bennie is a beast after the catch.

Joel
04-16-2016, 10:38 PM
Guys, guys, there's no reason to fight: Can't we all agree they've BOTH done more than Latimer? I like both as #3 and #4, and wish we could deal Latimer, but, OTOH, Caldwell turned 31 yesterday and Latimer's under contract 2 more years (still think that's just more reason to trade him now though; SF needs a WR, right? :tongue:)

Last year Fowler looked like a stud though, and if we still want Sanders to be Welkers slot replacement as he was touted to be when we signed him, Fowler's a big fast guy who'd complement DT well as our other flanker.

TXBRONC
04-17-2016, 02:10 PM
I didn't mean to side track the thread. I mainly meant I like Bennie better as a WR3 than Caldwell. I think Bubba certainly had his good moments, but I remember a lot of drops in there too. I think Bennie made the best of his opportunities, including that sweet 3rd down catch late in the 4th quarter against Pittsburgh in the playoffs. Bennie is a beast after the catch.

Well you didn't side track it someone else did.

JPPT1974
04-17-2016, 03:00 PM
You can only hope Bennie will sign his FA deal and then work a new one for him.