PDA

View Full Version : Expectations greater for a few Broncos heading into team's offseason work

Denver Native (Carol)
04-08-2016, 04:31 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Call it what you will, but the former Denver Broncos draft picks who left for greener financial pastures in free agency, players such as Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan, Brock Osweiler and David Bruton Jr., will largely be replaced by the Broncos’ own prospects.

That means several Broncos will feel a little more scrutiny as the team moves through its offseason work, starting on April 18.

“Nothing drives me more crazy than to see a young player that is very talented, should be a success in this league and help his family out and himself out, and get the most and he’s not getting it because maybe he doesn’t quite understand how to work or how to be a pro,’’ Broncos coach Gary Kubiak said. “I’m not trying to be hard from that standpoint, but I just feel like that’s my job. When I’ve got those types of kids and I see that in them, I’m going to let them know.’’

To that end, Peyton Manning said Jordan Taylor, the wide receiver who ran most of the routes for Manning during his recovery from his left foot injury, would “surprise some people.’’

Taylor spent his rookie season on the team’s practice squad.

Here are some other players who will have a chance to carve out bigger roles:

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/19804/some-broncos-will-carry-far-bigger-expectations-into-teams-offseason-work

dogfish
04-08-2016, 04:47 PM
i would add todd davis and max garcia. . . i'm not holding my breath on latimer as more than a special teams contributor-- i've thought since camp that bennie fowler is a better receiver, and we may well see sunshine taylor surpass cody this year as well. . . i expect to see good things from darius kilgo-- and from kenny annunike, if his knees let him get on the field. . . kapri bibbs is another guy who should have a shot to make the team and contribute this year. . .

TXBRONC
04-08-2016, 05:37 PM
i would add todd davis and max garcia. . . i'm not holding my breath on latimer as more than a special teams contributor-- i've thought since camp that bennie fowler is a better receiver, and we may well see sunshine taylor surpass cody this year as well. . . i expect to see good things from darius kilgo-- and from kenny annunike, if his knees let him get on the field. . . kapri bibbs is another guy who should have a shot to make the team and contribute this year. . .

You just had to mention Bibbs. You know how much of a stiffy Under hs for Bibbs. :tsk:

Joel
04-09-2016, 07:40 AM
Got a feeling this is Latimers do or die season; getting outproduced by Fowler while Taylor gets more praise doesn't bode well for his career. If I live to be 100 I'll never understand a team that just had FOUR WRs catch 10 TD passes but spent a 2nd round pick on 5th anyway. Especially in a draft deep with offensive linemen on the heels of a SB our existing offensive linemen singlehandedly lost (badly.)

Simple Jaded
04-09-2016, 08:52 AM
Got a feeling this is Latimers do or die season; getting outproduced by Fowler while Taylor gets more praise doesn't bode well for his career. If I live to be 100 I'll never understand a team that just had FOUR WRs catch 10 TD passes but spent a 2nd round pick on 5th anyway. Especially in a draft deep with offensive linemen on the heels of a SB our existing offensive linemen singlehandedly lost (badly.)
Because DT was going into his contract season, just like Ray/Miller situation now, it's called "insurance" and is about as common as it gets. The Broncos trade up to get Latimer, which should tell you somethings about the OLman they had to choose from (especially considering they ended up with Schofeild in the next round).

And Sunshine is mostly getting hype from Manning, who worked out with him while Osweiler played and seemingly never had the time of day for Latimer.