PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Vue

Dapper Dan
04-08-2016, 12:14 AM
I'm pretty excited about this. I'm going to try it out.

Basically, you pay for it like you would Netflix or Hulu. No commitment, just pay per month. But they have TV packages with REAL channels. The prices are decent too. They go roughly from 55 channels, to 70, and 100. Prices are $30, $35, and $45 respectively. They include what you would get with most satellite companies. FX, USA, Comedy Central, ESPN, MTV, Disney, Nick, CNN, etc. You can also add-on packages like Showtime for about $11 a month.

My favorite part is how they don't add in stuff. I tried to get DirecTV recently. I went with the $30 package. By the time I went to check out, it showed $65 per month. Then with Dish it's the same type of thing. They want you to pay for so many little things and they add up. With Vue, you just use your own stuff. If you don't have a Playstation, it works on iPhone, iPad, Amazon Fire TV or stick, or Google Chromecast. Then it just streams through your internet.

The "free trial" seems to be a couple weeks. I just signed up and it asks for my first payment on April 15. Hopefully it all works well.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-08-2016, 12:25 AM
Please let me know how it goes. My dish bill went up

olathebroncofan
04-08-2016, 02:04 AM
I'm locked in to Comcast for another 2.5 years, but I have always liked them. DIRECTV was good as well.

We watch alot of TV in our house. Mostly DVR our shows, and watch them while we work at night when the kids go to bed.

Keep us posted though.

olathebroncofan
04-08-2016, 02:10 AM
Just checked...no HBO. I watch a ton of boxing, and that would be a deal breaker. Maybe in the future though. It does have the channels we watch though.

SoCalImport
04-08-2016, 02:32 AM
I recently got rid of Sky (UK direct TV basically) in favour of Amazon prime via the fireStick.
Amazon + netflix = £11($16) a month as opposed to £85 for satellite.
Add kodi to that and you can watch pretty much anything.

Dapper Dan
04-08-2016, 03:56 AM
I recently got rid of Sky (UK direct TV basically) in favour of Amazon prime via the fireStick.
Amazon + netflix = £11($16) a month as opposed to £85 for satellite.
Add kodi to that and you can watch pretty much anything.

Yeah, that stuff is hard to beat. I have an Android box that has Kodi on it too.

Dapper Dan
04-08-2016, 03:58 AM
Just checked...no HBO. I watch a ton of boxing, and that would be a deal breaker. Maybe in the future though. It does have the channels we watch though.

I think it just came out last month. I'm not sure though. So I am a bit surprised they already have all of this. I can't find the release date but a lot of articles about PS Vue were made in March 2016, so I am assuming that was when it released. I think it could turn into a great thing. Xbox may do the same thing and then add on HBO instead of Showtime. Who knows.

Dapper Dan
04-08-2016, 08:44 AM
Not off to a good start. I just got home and am trying to use it on my PS4 and get an error. It says to call a number. They go by Pacific time, so I have to wait another hour before they can help. ******* lame.

tomjonesrocks
04-08-2016, 09:01 AM
I have to argue with DirecTV every year to keep some semblance of control on the bill. Will be doing that again in August.

Open to all alternatives - perhaps this is something to consider.

BroncoJoe
04-08-2016, 09:02 AM
LOL. Just kidding.

Not really.

DenBronx
04-08-2016, 09:03 AM

People still watch boxing?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-08-2016, 09:19 AM
I have to argue with DirecTV every year to keep some semblance of control on the bill. Will be doing that again in August.

Open to all alternatives - perhaps this is something to consider.

I've been doing the same thing with Dish every 3 months (I'm just month to month now). It was good for about a year when I had them at 35. They went up to 65 recently and I think I'm really going to drop them this time.

BroncoJoe
04-08-2016, 09:37 AM

It's making a comeback. I still enjoy boxing over MMA, unless Cowboy is fighting.

olathebroncofan
04-08-2016, 10:15 AM

If people are only concerned with major fights, probably not, but I like the sport regardless of who is fighting.

DenBronx
04-08-2016, 10:15 AM

It's making a comeback. I still enjoy boxing over MMA, unless Cowboy is fighting.

Cowboys cool. Love watching Connor McGreggor bc he is incredibly entertaining. Those two are going to meet someday in the octagon.

#whiteonwhitecrime

BroncoJoe
04-08-2016, 10:54 AM
Cowboys cool. Love watching Connor McGreggor bc he is incredibly entertaining. Those two are going to meet someday in the octagon.

#whiteonwhitecrime

Cowboy grew up across the street from my brother's house. He and my nephew are good friends, and Donald was a groomsman in his wedding.

weazel
04-08-2016, 10:56 AM
If people are only concerned with major fights, probably not, but I like the sport regardless of who is fighting.

most of your best fights are from fighters before they are big names. I enjoy boxing as well.

olathebroncofan
04-08-2016, 11:04 AM
Totally agree. I like to watch those that are trying to position themselves to get a real title shot. They are hungry for it.

At the same time I loved watching Floyd, Broner (before he lost his 1st fight) and people like that because of their style. True it is run run, shoulder role to avoid getting hit, but the fact that everyone knew it and could still do nothing about it intrigued me even more.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-08-2016, 11:33 AM
Golovkin is a treat to watch, but overall I enjoy mma more than boxing these days.
Raphael Dos Anjos is a treat to watch. The fight I most want to watch coming up is Demetrius Johnson vs Henry Cejudo. Johnson might be the best pound for pound mma fighter in the world and he had owned the flyweight division for a while. However he will be tested by Cejudo who is an Olympic gold medalist and a freakish athlete.
Cowboy is a marketing gem, but he is not a champion level fighter. Dos Anjos has wrecked him both times they fought.

Timmy!
04-08-2016, 12:01 PM
*glances up from his free 500+ channels*

Hi Joe.

BroncoJoe
04-08-2016, 01:05 PM

Hi Joe.

Hey now. I pay almost $70/month. This month it was nearly $100 because I bought Star Wars and we rented several movies.

That's for everything including 6 HDTV's, internet and phone.

:couch:

BroncoNut
04-08-2016, 01:21 PM
the vue huh? I just dumped Directv. just too damn expensive. I will miss football, am already missing baseball. the thing is I'm not a fan of local teams. would I be able to catch a lot to football games with this thing?

olathebroncofan
04-08-2016, 06:02 PM
On one of the FAQS it said that some channels are based on your zip code. I wonder what happened if yiu give them a false zip code. Would that work?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-08-2016, 07:08 PM
On one of the FAQS it said that some channels are based on your zip code. I wonder what happened if yiu give them a false zip code. Would that work?

Dapper Dan
04-08-2016, 08:45 PM

That's a big issue right now. Not because of giving them a false zip but because they're detecting the wrong one. That's why mine wouldn't work this morning. He said it's a big problem, gave me a $10 voucher, and told me to try signing back up in an hour. So I signed up a few minutes ago. It picked up the wrong zip again but I didn't change it. It works just fine now. I like it. The guide is different but I like it. If you scroll up and down on the guide, those of different time slots. Left to right are your channels and they're in alphabetical order. I don't know why but I love when things are in alphabetical order.

Dapper Dan
04-08-2016, 08:46 PM
Hey now. I pay almost $70/month. This month it was nearly $100 because I bought Star Wars and we rented several movies.

That's for everything including 6 HDTV's, internet and phone.

:couch:

That'd be cool of that were an option for me.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-08-2016, 09:50 PM
So, this service has live tv, as in current programming?
Can you order ppv?

Dapper Dan
04-08-2016, 11:10 PM
So, this service has live tv, as in current programming?
Can you order ppv?

Yes, it has live TV. I switched between channels. I found the Reds game and watched it for a while. No issues. I don't know about PPV. I don't think they have that right now. I'm sure it's something that may change in the future. There may even be some bugs that they need to work through. Still, it's nice that I'm not locked in to anything if I hate it. If I don't like it, I can just cancel it and not owe anything.

aberdien
04-08-2016, 11:11 PM
I'm rocking that Netflix + Digital Antenna that picks up all the TV that I need.

Dapper Dan
04-08-2016, 11:12 PM
Apparently Playstation has had PPVs like UFC for a while now.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstationnetwork/entertainment/live-events-viewer/

Dapper Dan
04-10-2016, 08:48 AM
Does anyone know anything about Static and Dynamic IP addresses?

tomjonesrocks
04-10-2016, 08:56 AM
Does anyone know anything about Static and Dynamic IP addresses?

What was your question about them?

Dapper Dan
04-10-2016, 08:59 AM
What was your question about them?

Well here's the issue. I ran into the same problem on Vue. The chat person says that I may have a Dynamic IP address. He said it uses more than one IP address or location. So when I get on Vue, it may pick up a new location, which doesn't work. He said that I need a Static IP address. Does that make sense? Also, how do I make this happen? It's sunday and I cannot reach my internet provider.

tomjonesrocks
04-10-2016, 09:13 AM
Well here's the issue. I ran into the same problem on Vue. The chat person says that I may have a Dynamic IP address. He said it uses more than one IP address or location. So when I get on Vue, it may pick up a new location, which doesn't work. He said that I need a Static IP address. Does that make sense? Also, how do I make this happen? It's sunday and I cannot reach my internet provider.

Interesting and good information - if Vue requires a Static IP it probably means I wouldn't be interested in it as I'm doing my best not to mess with them going forward. We have so many devices here I find them to be a pain.

Anyway I've used http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm many times to help me set up Static IPs at home. Click around there and see if it helps - your shouldn't need the help of your internet provider though my personal experience unless, possibly, you use Uverse.

I ran into the same requirements with some of the IP cameras I've run, and Slingboxes never seem to run right with DHCP. Also sometimes gaming situations require a network with that setup. Again though, I'm trying to stick with devices going forward that don't require me to configure my network that way these days.

Dapper Dan
04-10-2016, 09:54 AM
Interesting and good information - if Vue requires a Static IP it probably means I wouldn't be interested in it as I'm doing my best not to mess with them going forward. We have so many devices here I find them to be a pain.

Anyway I've used http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm many times to help me set up Static IPs at home. Click around there and see if it helps - your shouldn't need the help of your internet provider though my personal experience unless, possibly, you use Uverse.

I ran into the same requirements with some of the IP cameras I've run, and Slingboxes never seem to run right with DHCP. Also sometimes gaming situations require a network with that setup. Again though, I'm trying to stick with devices going forward that don't require me to configure my network that way these days.

I may just stay away from PS Vue until they get this figured out. The computer guy I always go to said there's no way PS can keep expecting everyone to get Static IPs or just not get their service.

GEM
04-10-2016, 10:22 AM

Hi Joe.

Are 50 of them Spanish channels? Hate that about Comcast. I've called quite a few times asking to trade them out for channels I'd actually watch. Nope. Asked if they could just turn them off so they weren't in my lineup, nope. 50 useless channels. :lol:

BroncoJoe
04-10-2016, 10:48 AM
Are 50 of them Spanish channels? Hate that about Comcast. I've called quite a few times asking to trade them out for channels I'd actually watch. Nope. Asked if they could just turn them off so they weren't in my lineup, nope. 50 useless channels. :lol:

YAlDbP4tdqc

tomjonesrocks
04-10-2016, 11:03 AM
I may just stay away from PS Vue until they get this figured out. The computer guy I always go to said there's no way PS can keep expecting everyone to get Static IPs or just not get their service.

Well there's nothing really wrong with a Static IP setup, and it's really just a couple hour set-it-and-forget it thing - but it really starts to suck when you have a family and everyone has devices depending on what you want to set up (shared drives, etc).

BroncoJoe
04-10-2016, 11:06 AM
Well there's nothing really wrong with a Static IP setup, and it's really just a couple hour set-it-and-forget it thing - but it really starts to suck when you have a family and everyone has devices depending on what you want to set up (shared drives, etc).

Most internet companies will charge for a Static IP as well. Some, like Comcast, require you to have a business account as well. With IPv6, that will probably change in the future.

Timmy!
04-10-2016, 01:26 PM

I think there are a couple in there....one of the 10 HBO's is Spanish I think, but its no big deal. I have every channel/package DirecTV has, except the adult stuff. Sunday ticket, extra innings, center ice, league pass, yada yada yada. 3 HDdvrs (genies with 6 tuners each). Total cost: $0. #winning

Dapper Dan
04-10-2016, 02:00 PM
My internet is also screwed up now. This isn't my day.

OrangeHoof
04-10-2016, 07:46 PM
Static IP = you get the same IP address everytime you connect to your ISP (often an additional charge).
Dynamic IP = you may get a different IP address than the last time you signed on. This allows your ISP to carry fewer IPs using a DHCP server to pass them out to users as they log in.
The Playstation Vue is apparently using your IP address to track who you are and if yours keeps changing because your ISP is passing out different ones each time you log in, your Vue thinks you've hacked into their programming.

Dapper Dan
04-11-2016, 10:56 AM
I called my ISP and they said it would be $20 a month for a Static IP. :eek:

OrangeHoof
04-11-2016, 04:34 PM
That's not unusual but, remember, you're saving money by dropping satellite/cable, right?

Dapper Dan
04-11-2016, 08:22 PM
That's not unusual but, remember, you're saving money by dropping satellite/cable, right?

Not really, if I'm adding $20 a month.

OrangeHoof
04-11-2016, 09:54 PM
So you thought you were getting a bargain and now it turns out you aren't. That's how life works sometimes.

I dropped cable and am now using Sling TV, over the-air antenna and Roku. I was paying $200/mo for cable and internet. Now I pay $66/mo for internet and $35/mo for Sling plus some extras. Then I will get NFL game pass this fall. The only things missing are Fox cable programming and regional sports channels. I'm using Kodi plus SportsDevil to make up for some of it.

You can also check out USTV as a steaming cable TV substitute. It is designed to serve U.S. military overseas but I felt the quality was lacking.

Freyaka
05-19-2017, 09:06 AM

I believe they have HBO now (at least in my Market) We love our Vue, we've been on it for about a year and a half now and it's been a decent experience.

OrangeHoof
10-14-2017, 11:00 AM
So you thought you were getting a bargain and now it turns out you aren't. That's how life works sometimes.

I dropped cable and am now using Sling TV, over the-air antenna and Roku. I was paying $200/mo for cable and internet. Now I pay $66/mo for internet and $35/mo for Sling plus some extras. Then I will get NFL game pass this fall. The only things missing are Fox cable programming and regional sports channels. I'm using Kodi plus SportsDevil to make up for some of it.

You can also check out USTV as a steaming cable TV substitute. It is designed to serve U.S. military overseas but I felt the quality was lacking.

Here's an update now that Playstation Vue has announced they are compatible with Roku devices. I've got almost everything I want now other than the regional channel that carries the Astros (my workaround is MLB At Bat). I had Sling TV with Orange and Blue plus a sports package and a limited cloud DVR service. Cost was $51. Now the Vue's third level package plus sports extras cost me $5 more per month but gives me several channels I wasn't getting on sling - CBS, ABC, NBC, MLB Network, CBS Sports Network, ESPN Classic and Longhorn Network. The DVR capabilities seem unlimited and the sports programming seems to let me transfer them to my DVD recorder (I use an older Roku which allows RCA jacks rather than HDMI which blocks recording).

TBH, I don't give a crap about boxing, MMA or PPV so I don't care if that's offered or not. My internet provider is Spectrum (which bought out Time Warner) and they are suggesting charging more for internet without their cable service. So far, I'm paying $71/mo which is ok to me. I'm around $130/mo internet/Vue and another $99/yr for NFL Game Pass. ($99/12 mos = $8.25/mo).

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-15-2017, 01:37 AM
Here's an update now that Playstation Vue has announced they are compatible with Roku devices. I've got almost everything I want now other than the regional channel that carries the Astros (my workaround is MLB At Bat). I had Sling TV with Orange and Blue plus a sports package and a limited cloud DVR service. Cost was $51. Now the Vue's third level package plus sports extras cost me $5 more per month but gives me several channels I wasn't getting on sling - CBS, ABC, NBC, MLB Network, CBS Sports Network, ESPN Classic and Longhorn Network. The DVR capabilities seem unlimited and the sports programming seems to let me transfer them to my DVD recorder (I use an older Roku which allows RCA jacks rather than HDMI which blocks recording).

TBH, I don't give a crap about boxing, MMA or PPV so I don't care if that's offered or not. My internet provider is Spectrum (which bought out Time Warner) and they are suggesting charging more for internet without their cable service. So far, I'm paying $71/mo which is ok to me. I'm around $130/mo internet/Vue and another $99/yr for NFL Game Pass. ($99/12 mos = $8.25/mo).
Does it offer Fox Sports?

Dapper Dan
10-15-2017, 01:48 AM
Does it offer Fox Sports?

You can use anyone's tv info to watch anything on the Fox Sports app.

My favorite live tv service right now is Hulu and I was completely surprised. Usually I only get Fox Sports Ohio, but with Hulu I get that plus Fox Sports Tennessee. So I get my Blue Jackets and Predators games. They also have a few local channels. I think it's CBS and Fox. So I get NFL games. My parents bought Dish in my name, so I use that info to watch pretty much anything on apps like NBC Sports and ESPN.

Dapper Dan
10-15-2017, 01:49 AM
My friend is trying out Vue. It sounds like they're much better than when I tried it.

Freyaka
10-15-2017, 07:57 AM
You can use anyone's tv info to watch anything on the Fox Sports app.

My favorite live tv service right now is Hulu and I was completely surprised. Usually I only get Fox Sports Ohio, but with Hulu I get that plus Fox Sports Tennessee. So I get my Blue Jackets and Predators games. They also have a few local channels. I think it's CBS and Fox. So I get NFL games. My parents bought Dish in my name, so I use that info to watch pretty much anything on apps like NBC Sports and ESPN.

I like Hulu too. If you could combine the great interface of the Vue with the hulu service it would be magical. The hulu interface is JUUUUUUNNK....

Dapper Dan
10-15-2017, 11:16 AM
I like Hulu too. If you could combine the great interface of the Vue with the hulu service it would be magical. The hulu interface is JUUUUUUNNK....

It could definitely be better. I think if I had the pick the best interface it would be Direct TV Now.

Freyaka
10-16-2017, 04:14 PM
It could definitely be better. I think if I had the pick the best interface it would be Direct TV Now.

I think what I dislike about Hulu is the lack of a guide feature. It just shows all of what's on, but you can't just pull up the guide and see what's on now, what's on in an hour, ect...

Nomad
03-10-2018, 05:17 PM
We're cutting the cord to cable today, and my son recommended us get a PS4 & Vue for movies & apps. I'm not a gamer, but he says it's better than the XBOX. I don't want to tie up the computer.

Dapper Dan
03-10-2018, 09:06 PM
I just signed up with vue and it seems great. Much improved.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-10-2018, 09:18 PM
I just signed up with vue and it seems great. Much improved.

What did you have previously? Have you tried any streaming services other than Vue?

Dapper Dan
03-11-2018, 11:17 AM
What did you have previously? Have you tried any streaming services other than Vue?

I mean much improved compared to when it first came out.

I had Sling tv. I like it but it didn’t have mlb network.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-11-2018, 04:00 PM
I mean much improved compared to when it first came out.

I had Sling tv. I like it but it didn’t have mlb network.

Do you like vue better than sling?

Dapper Dan
03-11-2018, 09:46 PM
Do you like vue better than sling?

About the same. I’d recommend whichever lineup and pricing someone preferred.

NightTrainLayne
10-25-2019, 11:48 AM
I cut our Cox Cable off last week, and switched to VUE, coupled with Amazon FireSticks.

I love it!

I've looked into it several times over the last two years, and while it would save me money, I couldn't cobble together the channel line-up/offerings I wanted. VUE's channel line-ups are top notch now, including local channels in most markets.

Now, I've got virtually everything I had with Cox, but saving just shy of $100/month vs. what I was paying Cox.

The real surprise? The picture quality is BETTER on the Firestick/VUE than it was on the cable! Plus, I can stream on other devices at higher quality/less buffering than I experienced when trying to stream programming through Cox's Contour app. On top of that, when I travel (was out of town last weekend) I can still watch all of my channels, + the local channels where I'm at! Something I couldn't do with Cox Contour.

All-in-all, if someone is considering cutting the cord, getting a FireStick (we already have had Amazon Prime for years), and subscribing to VUE can be a big savings, and quality so far is superb.

BroncoJoe
10-25-2019, 12:22 PM
I cut our Cox Cable off last week, and switched to VUE, coupled with Amazon FireSticks.

I love it!

I've looked into it several times over the last two years, and while it would save me money, I couldn't cobble together the channel line-up/offerings I wanted. VUE's channel line-ups are top notch now, including local channels in most markets.

Now, I've got virtually everything I had with Cox, but saving just shy of $100/month vs. what I was paying Cox.

The real surprise? The picture quality is BETTER on the Firestick/VUE than it was on the cable! Plus, I can stream on other devices at higher quality/less buffering than I experienced when trying to stream programming through Cox's Contour app. On top of that, when I travel (was out of town last weekend) I can still watch all of my channels, + the local channels where I'm at! Something I couldn't do with Cox Contour.

All-in-all, if someone is considering cutting the cord, getting a FireStick (we already have had Amazon Prime for years), and subscribing to VUE can be a big savings, and quality so far is superb.

Who are you using for your internet?

BroncoWave
10-25-2019, 12:33 PM
We just dumped Xfinity for Vue last week. There are a few things here and there I miss with cable, but we're saving over 40 bucks a month which is more than worth it. It's been like 95% as good as cable so far.

NightTrainLayne
10-25-2019, 12:40 PM
Who are you using for your internet?

Cox still provides our internet.

BroncoJoe
10-25-2019, 01:03 PM
Cox still provides our internet.

What is your download speed? I'm seriously thinking about this...

NightTrainLayne
10-25-2019, 01:09 PM
What is your download speed? I'm seriously thinking about this...

I'm pretty sure its 10 mbps, but I'm not sure. I just tried to log in to our account to double-check, but their site is down for maintenance right now. It's not the base level, but it's not the premium level either. We pay $69.99/month for the internet service.

BroncoJoe
10-25-2019, 01:12 PM
I'm pretty sure its 10 mbps, but I'm not sure. I just tried to log in to our account to double-check, but their site is down for maintenance right now. It's not the base level, but it's not the premium level either. We pay $69.99/month for the internet service.

You probably have between 75-100M at that price. Maybe 50, but probably not lower.

I'm just curious if you can run those OTT services on around 50-75M, or if you need 100 or more. Check this out when you get home please:

speedtest.net

NightTrainLayne
10-25-2019, 01:16 PM
You probably have between 75-100M at that price. Maybe 50, but probably not lower.

I'm just curious if you can run those OTT services on around 50-75M, or if you need 100 or more. Check this out when you get home please:

speedtest.net

Okay, got on, and the 10 mbps is the upload speed. I knew that seemed slow.

We have their "preferred" service which is "up to" 150 mbps download and "up to" 10 mbps upload. I don't know what exact average speeds we get. If I remember I'll test it this weekend.

BroncoWave
10-25-2019, 01:28 PM
I did some research on this before I switched over, and everything I read suggested that 25-50 should be plenty unless you're consistently going to be streaming on several devices at once. I think our plan is closer to 100 but I can check when I get home too.

NightTrainLayne
10-25-2019, 02:55 PM
I did some research on this before I switched over, and everything I read suggested that 25-50 should be plenty unless you're consistently going to be streaming on several devices at once. I think our plan is closer to 100 but I can check when I get home too.

I was worried about this before we got our FireStick. Once I saw how well that was working, I signed up for the free preview of VUE. You can have a 5 day preview before they charge anything. I was so impressed I pulled the plug on Cox after only two days.

Some of the other reviews I've read have mentioned that VUE is better than Hulu and Sling vis-a-vis re-buffering etc. I've not tried those others, but It's not been an issue with the VUE.

Shazam!
10-25-2019, 05:17 PM
I have 3 modified Firesticks. Smooth 1080p at 75mbps. Pairing those with the free over air hdtv antanae is perfect. Cut the cord a year ago and should have done it 5 years ago.

Nomad
10-25-2019, 06:00 PM
Vue would of been nice if GCI internet hadn’t sucked.

I like Xfinity here in Wa. I’m kinda glad I didn’t invest into Directv, because my neighbor is having all sorts of troubles with them.

BroncoJoe
10-29-2019, 03:36 PM

I love it!

FYI:

Sony is shutting down its live TV service PlayStation Vue in January 2020

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/29/20938533/sony-playstation-vue-live-tv-streaming-shutdown

BroncoWave
10-29-2019, 04:19 PM
Well that sucks. Guess it's time to research sling and YouTube.

BroncoWave
10-29-2019, 05:01 PM
Man, YouTube TV seems better anyway. Better channel selection and lower price.

NightTrainLayne
10-30-2019, 10:46 AM
FYI:

Sony is shutting down its live TV service PlayStation Vue in January 2020

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/29/20938533/sony-playstation-vue-live-tv-streaming-shutdown

Man, YouTube TV seems better anyway. Better channel selection and lower price.

Damn it! I am not a fan of change.

Thanks Joe, at least I'll have time to do some research. . .again.

BroncoWave
10-30-2019, 10:47 AM
I got YouTube TV last night, seems great so far. Thankfully I didn't have Vue long enough to get too used to it.

NightTrainLayne
10-30-2019, 11:15 AM
I got YouTube TV last night, seems great so far. Thankfully I didn't have Vue long enough to get too used to it.

Youtube TV doesn't have Fox Sports Oklahoma (Thunder games). That kept me from switching to VUE previously, but VUE had it now.

BroncoWave
10-30-2019, 11:26 AM
The only channel that YT didn't have that I'd realistic watch is NFL Network, but I can live with that. It has ever other sports channel I'd ever watch, and it has all 4 networks and let's you record shows from them, which Vue didn't. Also 5 bucks a month cheaper than Vue. Losing NFL network does sting a bit, but overall I think it's still the best of the remaining available options.

NightTrainLayne
10-30-2019, 11:30 AM
The only channel that YT didn't have that I'd realistic watch is NFL Network, but I can live with that. It has ever other sports channel I'd ever watch, and it has all 4 networks and let's you record shows from them, which Vue didn't. Also 5 bucks a month cheaper than Vue. Losing NFL network does sting a bit, but overall I think it's still the best of the remaining available options.

I may go that way. Missing out on all the Thunder games would be pretty difficult though.

I've got until the end of January to figure it out.

What a kick in the nuts to switch over just a couple of weeks before they decide to shut it down. Geez.

BroncoJoe
10-30-2019, 01:00 PM
Have you guys checked out Hulu? If I were to switch, which is probably soon, that seems like the provider I'd go with.

Here's a good website, if you haven't seen it already:

https://thestreamable.com/channels

There's another website that I can't remember or find at the moment...

BroncoJoe
10-30-2019, 01:05 PM
PS - fuboTV looks interesting too...

NightTrainLayne
10-30-2019, 01:15 PM
Have you guys checked out Hulu? If I were to switch, which is probably soon, that seems like the provider I'd go with.

Here's a good website, if you haven't seen it already:

https://thestreamable.com/channels

There's another website that I can't remember or find at the moment...

Hulu = no AMC, FUBO = no ESPN.

This is the problem with all of these. You have to pick out your channels you can live without. That's why I took the plunge with VUE. .. .they had it all together.