PDA

View Full Version : Gary Kubiak has spoken with Johnny Manziel, sources say

Denver Native (Carol)
04-07-2016, 02:01 PM
Denver Broncos coach Gary Kubiak has spoken with free-agent quarterback Johnny Manziel as a potential fit for the team down the line, according to two sources connected to the team.

Kubiak and Manziel both are former Texas A&M quarterbacks. But before the Broncos would make any move on Manziel, the sources said, the Broncos want to see how his pending legal issues and potential NFL discipline are resolved.

The Dallas police department referred a domestic violence case against Manziel to a grand jury in late February. The grand jury was to consider whether to charge the former Cleveland Browns quarterback on allegations that he attacked his ex-girlfriend. But the grand jury ended its term last week without hearing the misdemeanor assault case against Manziel, the Dallas County District Attorney's Office recently told KTVT.

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15155074/gary-kubiak-johnny-manziel-talk-fit-denver-broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
04-07-2016, 02:02 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 16m

#Broncos acquired Sanchez, exploring trade for Kaepernick, looking at Free agents and draft prospects. Manziel not in mix. Talk was wks ago

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 17m

#Broncos Kubiak talked to Manziel weeks ago. Has personal relationship through A&M. But team on different path. No interest in signing him

LTC Pain
04-07-2016, 02:28 PM
IMHO, Manziel would have to have a "Come to Jesus" type life change, re-dedication to the craft of football, and be cleared of all charges before Elway wouldn't ever consider bringing him in for a look.

The Glue Factory
04-07-2016, 02:39 PM
Must be a slow news day at ESPN.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-07-2016, 02:40 PM
Based on what Renck said, I think this is blown way out of proportion, and the Broncos never had an interest in him as far as wanting him.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-07-2016, 02:41 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 38m

For context ESPN broke into The Masters - The Masters!- to reveal Gary Kubiak spoke to Johnny Football 4 weeks ago #9news #9sports

The Glue Factory
04-07-2016, 02:43 PM
If ESPN is putting this story out as current, the reporters must have seen the boss coming and hurriedly ended their office basketball game.

MOtorboat
04-07-2016, 03:45 PM
:popcorn:

slim
04-07-2016, 03:46 PM
I hope he told him to go **** himself.

TXBRONC
04-07-2016, 05:51 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 38m

For context ESPN broke into The Masters - The Masters!- to reveal Gary Kubiak spoke to Johnny Football 4 weeks ago #9news #9sports

ESPIN you got love their crack reporting. I was working out at the gym when I Schefter reporting on it.

Dapper Dan
04-07-2016, 06:50 PM
I hope he told him to go **** himself.

Why would he tell Kubes that?

Denver Native (Carol)
04-08-2016, 10:40 AM
Troy Renck Retweeted
Denver Post Broncos ‏@PostBroncos 34m

ICYMI: Gary Kubiak talked with Johnny Manziel, but #Broncos not considering signing QB http://dpo.st/1Vc13Lv

by @TroyRenck

BroncoJoe
04-08-2016, 11:03 AM
Much ado about nothing.

slim
04-08-2016, 01:40 PM
Why would he tell Kubes that?

Cause he's a drunken idiot?

Denver Native (Carol)
04-08-2016, 04:46 PM
Broncos coach Gary Kubiak may have spoken to Johnny Manziel but there's no chance the team signs the former Heisman Trophy winner.

But Denver remains in the market for a quarterback after losing Peyton Manning to retirement and Brock Osweiler to the Texans. Mark Sanchez, who was acquired via a trade last month, likes his chances to win the starting job, though there remains the very real possibility that the Broncos can still swing a deal for Colin Kaepernick.

There's also a contingency plan to the contingency plan: Manziel may be out but his former teammate in Cleveland remains an option. According to Cleveland.com's Mary Kay Cabot, the Broncos would consider Josh McCown should the Kaepernick situation fall through.

McCown appears to be the odd man out in Cleveland after the team signed Robert Griffin III last month, and given that they're expected to draft a quarterback early in the 2016 NFL Draft (and possibly with the No. 2 overall pick).

rest, plus video - http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25546951/report-broncos-wont-sign-manziel-but-mccown-is-an-option-at-qb

BroncoJoe
04-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Just get a cheap backup and roll with either Sanchez or who ever that other person is.

I've been saying that since we signed Sanchez. Anyone else is just too much brain damage and not worth it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-08-2016, 05:35 PM
I just can't figure out why the Browns would want Griffen over McCown, unless he's just there for added depth.

sneakers
04-10-2016, 02:09 AM
If you want to have a circus, just bring back Tebow

Jsteve01
04-10-2016, 02:57 AM
I just can't figure out why the Browns would want Griffen over McCown, unless he's just there for added depth.

Hue Jackson. I'm pretty convinced that he and the Browns are a perfect fit. Not sold on hue as a head coach at all

Valar Morghulis
04-10-2016, 05:42 AM
Hue Jackson. I'm pretty convinced that he and the Browns are a perfect fit. Not sold on hue as a head coach at all

I would have stuck with pettine, I reckon he will go on to be successful elsewhere, and they will be living themselves again

DenBronx
04-10-2016, 05:52 PM
So just read a report today saying Manziel just moved in Von Miller. Anyone else a little uneasy about that? I want this scumbag nowhere near our best player. I wonder what Demarcus Ware thinks about this?

Poet
04-10-2016, 05:54 PM
Von Miller has a big heart.

DenBronx
04-10-2016, 06:00 PM
Maybe so but I just don't want to see him revert back to his old self. He's done so well and I want to see him stay out of trouble. Most of the times good people get in trouble because of who they are hanging out with.

Poet
04-10-2016, 06:03 PM
Maybe so but I just don't want to see him revert back to his old self. He's done so well and I want to see him stay out of trouble. Most of the times good people get in trouble because of who they are hanging out with.

I understand. The optimist in me might say that perhaps JM got in trouble because of whom he was associating with; pessimistically, I don't blame you for feeling the way that you do.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-10-2016, 06:56 PM
So just read a report today saying Manziel just moved in Von Miller. Anyone else a little uneasy about that? I want this scumbag nowhere near our best player. I wonder what Demarcus Ware thinks about this?

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3h

Dancing with the Stars is housing Von Miller and all contestants. "Dancing" is not housing Johnny Football. #9news #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3h

Talked to source close to Von Miller. Johnny Manziel is NOT living with Miller. Same city (L.A.). Not same home. #9news #9sports

TXBRONC
04-10-2016, 10:03 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3h

Dancing with the Stars is housing Von Miller and all contestants. "Dancing" is not housing Johnny Football. #9news #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3h

Talked to source close to Von Miller. Johnny Manziel is NOT living with Miller. Same city (L.A.). Not same home. #9news #9sports

There has been some aweful reporting lately.

slim
04-10-2016, 10:09 PM

Little known fact....journalists operate at a 6th grade level.

TXBRONC
04-10-2016, 11:04 PM

I think MO just kicked a puppy.

dogfish
04-10-2016, 11:24 PM

you're so dead!

TXBRONC
04-10-2016, 11:29 PM
you're so dead!

Is MO going to send him a tersely worded post?

FanInAZ
04-11-2016, 01:22 AM

Who was the original source? TMZ. I don't care if Yahoo was quoting TMZ because TMZ was still the original source. How many times do I have to tell you people that there are certain sources that you should ignore out of hand, TMZ in one of those that should be on everyone's list because they are wrong so much. You should learn to wait until someone with a reputable original source, then you consider what that source says when trying to understand a situation.

MOtorboat
04-11-2016, 02:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wCbG2v1OHE

Go ahead and blame the journalists.

BroncoWave
04-11-2016, 06:40 AM
Who was the original source? TMZ. I don't care if Yahoo was quoting TMZ because TMZ was still the original source. How many times do I have to tell you people that there are certain sources that you should ignore out of hand, TMZ in one of those that should be on everyone's list because they are wrong so much. You should learn to wait until someone with a reputable original source, then you consider what that source says when trying to understand a situation.

TMZ broke the Donald Sterling racist rant story, the Ray Rice elevator story, and the Jameis Winston sexual assault story. They might be wrong alot, but they break a lot of big sports news as well. Honestly at this point I wouldn't say they are any less accurate in their reporting than ESPN.

slim
04-11-2016, 09:44 AM
you're so dead!

MO's the one who told me that.

dogfish
04-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Is MO going to send him a tersely worded post?

extremely terse!

:slimgator:

MOtorboat
04-11-2016, 10:55 AM
extremely terse!

:slimgator:

I wonder if Manziel spoke slow enough in the video for him to understand?

Dzone
04-11-2016, 01:06 PM
Manziel is an idiot. That video shows just how helplessly stupid he is. There is no hope for him. He is a loser and he needs to disappear from sight.

TXBRONC
04-11-2016, 02:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wCbG2v1OHE

Go ahead and blame the journalists.

I do not blame journalists for Manziel being a douche bag on steroids.

FanInAZ
04-11-2016, 04:09 PM
I do not blame journalists for Manziel being a douche bag on steroids.

I do blame the journalist for using a drunk as his/her source.

Northman
04-11-2016, 05:22 PM
TMZ broke the Donald Sterling racist rant story, the Ray Rice elevator story, and the Jameis Winston sexual assault story. They might be wrong alot, but they break a lot of big sports news as well. Honestly at this point I wouldn't say they are any less accurate in their reporting than ESPN.

Yea, although i find TMZ to be pretty trashy they tend to be very accurate with their stories and tend to break them before anyone else.

Poet
04-11-2016, 05:24 PM
TMZ also broke a lot of the Tiger Woods crap, too. They are as ruthless as 'outlets' get, and unfortunately that sometimes means that they will be 'first' and 'accurate'.

TXBRONC
04-12-2016, 08:32 AM
I do blame the journalist for using a drunk as his/her source.

He/she is certainly not very reliable.