PDA

View Full Version : Gary Kubiak talks quarterbacks: Mark Sanchez, Trevor Siemian and more

Denver Native (Carol)
04-07-2016, 10:26 AM
Until the addition of any more quarterbacks, Head Coach Gary Kubiak's focus at the position is clear.

“We need to stay focused on the guys on our team right now," Kubiak said as he addressed media prior to giving a speech at the Boy Scouts of America's Sports Breakfast at the Pepsi Center on Thursday morning.

"Obviously we’ve got some work to do. We’ve got to add to our group. We understand that."

And although Kubiak said that he had a "very impressive" meeting with 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who is the target of trade discussion and speculation, the draft will be a primary means of adding to the position.

"John [Elway and and] Matt [Russell] are working on the draft and getting ready for that," Kubiak said. "We’ve got about three weeks here. Just staying very focused on our football team and with what we have right now. Trying to add to it in about three weeks."

Kubiak did not dismiss the notion of adding a veteran to the mix, but reiterated what with Mark Sanchez and second-year player Trevor Siemian on the roster, that's where his energies are directed.

rest - plus Kubes video - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Gary-Kubiak-talks-quarterbacks-Mark-Sanchez-Trevor-Siemian-and-more/a99c4766-2e29-4c8a-8c55-52be6381efe3

Denver Native (Carol)
04-07-2016, 10:41 AM
Some more stuff said this morning:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 24m

#Broncos Wade Phillips on Von Miller on Dancing With The Stars "I give him a 7" Phillips said, pretending raise placard score

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 26m

#Broncos Kubiak said after speeches Manning and Ware gave on eve of Super Bowl 50 "we had a pretty good feeling" were going to win the game

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 28m

#Broncos Kubiak "For one month you have to be the best team. And we were (in the playoffs)"

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 31m

#Broncos DC Wade Phillips "Our defense will be good again and our team will be good again"

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 48m

#Broncos Wade Phillips "I was retired but I didn't want to be Gary brought me back. I love coaching for Gary."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 56m

#Broncos Kubiak on vivid Super Bowl 50 memory "I got to hug my mom at the 50 yard line (after win) She is 82 and made it to San Francisco."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 58m

#Broncos Gary Kubiak on being champs "we were a team. Everyone was involved. We felt like we got everything we could out of the team"

OrangeHoof
04-07-2016, 10:46 AM
We felt like we got everything we could out of the team.

That rings true. This wasn't a "great" team but it was a team that hung in there and got the job done, no matter how.

TXBRONC
04-07-2016, 11:21 AM
For Siemian to win he would have to absolutely kill it in camp. Right now I wouldn't bank on it.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-07-2016, 11:38 AM
More of what has already been posted. The interesting thing on the link is Adam Schefter talking in regards to Kaepernick, and one thing he said is that his understanding in the words of one person close to the situation, it's 75-25 he will stay with SF

Listen to what Scheftner says
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15153340/gary-kubiak-denver-broncos-focused-quarterbacks-own-roster

LTC Pain
04-07-2016, 12:26 PM
For Siemian to win he would have to absolutely kill it in camp. Right now I wouldn't bank on it.

But you can root for him, right :)

TXBRONC
04-07-2016, 07:46 PM
But you can root for him, right :)

Sure.