PDA

View Full Version : Lineup revealed for new Altitude 950 sports talk radio station in Denver

Denver Native (Carol)
04-01-2016, 02:41 PM
from article:

James Merilatt, the co-founder of Mile High Sports and overseer of Mile High Sports Radio AM1340 is reportedly slotted to become the de-facto program director of the new Altitude Sports Radio. James will have at his disposal an all-star lineup of long-beloved personalities.

Tom Helmer, formerly of Root Sports and CBS 4, will reportedly anchor the AM portion of the station’s daily programming. His co-host was to be former Colorado Rockies’ outfielder Ryan Spilborghs (AKA “Spilly”) but his TV job with Root Sports will reportedly preclude him from working with Helmer. No word yet as to who may replace Spilly.

To the excitement of many, Altitude TV host and long-time sports anchor for Channel 4, Vic Lombardi will handle mid-day duties with fellow “Altituder” Kyle Keefe.

Finally, the new station has recruited the duo of Nate Kreckman and Tom Nalen to handle afternoon drive opposite the Fan’s “Big Al and Dmac.” The pair are no strangers to the time slot. They were paired there previously on 105.5 ESPN where they earned legions of fans with their easy rapport.

Altitude Radio AM950 is set to debut on Rockies Opening Day, Friday, April 8. The new station will certainly be welcomed by those who don’t feel as passionately about football becoming a year-round discussion as management does at 104.3 The Fan. It will also re-introduce some personalities that have been sorely missed in the sports talk scene.

full article - http://bsndenver.com/lineup-revealed-for-new-altitude-950-sports-talk-radio-station-in-denver/

chazoe60
04-01-2016, 02:45 PM
I hope I can stream this on tunein. Way better lineup than the Fan. Can't hardly stand evens and Schlereth and Sandy Clough is arguably the rudest human on the planet. The way Clough interups and speaks over people is so ******* annoying.

BroncoJoe
04-01-2016, 03:04 PM
I hope I can stream this on tunein. Way better lineup than the Fan. Can't hardly stand evens and Schlereth and Sandy Clough is arguably the rudest human on the planet. The way Clough interups and speaks over people is so ******* annoying.

It'll probably be on either Tunein or iHeartRadio is my guess.

slim
04-01-2016, 03:21 PM

I doubt I would listen to the afternoon show, but I like listening to Vic. Even if he and Buff are mortal enemies.

dogfish
04-01-2016, 03:54 PM

a curb stomping would be too good for that collossal waste of human tissue. . . he is arguably the biggest douche in all of sports media, and that is saying a freakin' ton. . . i would honestly say he's a bigger assbag than jim rome or collin cowherd, and on a level with guys like skip clueless and tony kornholer. . .

GEM
04-01-2016, 04:04 PM
a curb stomping would be too good for that collossal waste of human tissue. . . he is arguably the biggest douche in all of sports media, and that is saying a freakin' ton. . . i would honestly say he's a bigger assbag than jim rome or collin cowherd, and on a level with guys like skip clueless and tony kornholer. . .

As Clough loves to tell his listeners.....

SHUT UP!!!!!! :lol:

BroncoJoe
04-01-2016, 04:15 PM
As Clough loves to tell his listeners.....

SHUT UP!!!!!! :lol:

I call in every once in a while just to piss him off.

TXBRONC
04-01-2016, 04:40 PM
from article:

full article - http://bsndenver.com/lineup-revealed-for-new-altitude-950-sports-talk-radio-station-in-denver/

It will already be 100 times better because Nalen is very smart.

Simple Jaded
04-01-2016, 09:08 PM
**** yeah! Kreckman and Nalen will kill Big Al and Dmac.

Edit, I love Clough, btw, he's by far the best in town.

Simple Jaded
04-01-2016, 09:09 PM
It will already be 100 times better because Nalen is very smart.

He's ****** hilarious and him and Kreckman are great together.

Cugel
04-02-2016, 10:45 AM
The biggest total flaming ******* in all of Sports Talk Radio is Ben Maller and it's not even close. He hates the Broncos and hated Peyton and was talking about how great it was going to be when the Broncos lost.

First, he was hoping and predicting this season that the Raiders would win the division. "I think the Broncos are overrated and the Raiders have a great chance to overtake them this year. The Noodle is washed up."

The Broncos were "overrated" and he kept calling Peyton "the Noodle". Then when the Broncos made the playoffs, he was predicting the Steelers would crush Denver.

Then when we won, he was talking about how he hoped the Patriots would destroy the Broncos. Then after the Broncos won and were going to the SB he said that "clearly the wrong team won. It was very disappointing."

"The Broncos are going to get completely destroyed" he predicted gleefully before the Super Bowl, insisting the Panthers would humiliate the Broncos. "And I'm going to get to go on the air and rip Peyton Manning, and mock them."

He's just a horrible waste of human skin. I don't bother hating sports talk guys, there's no point in worrying about them, but I just can't help hating him, and hoping he gets hit by a bus.

Why is that utter TURD allowed on Denver radio? I can't believe that fans got up a petition about Phil Simms, and they let that plague rat on air in this city without protest?

TXBRONC
04-02-2016, 03:35 PM
**** yeah! Kreckman and Nalen will kill Big Al and Dmac.

Edit, I love Clough, btw, he's by far the best in town.

Clough is ok.

Simple Jaded
04-02-2016, 05:54 PM
I've never heard of Ben Maller.

MasterShake
04-02-2016, 07:03 PM
He's ****** hilarious and him and Kreckman are great together.

This is great news. I've been a fan of Kreckman since his Working Man show but when they paired him with Nalen it was gold. I will definitely tune in to that as Al and DMac generally annoy the crap out of me with all of their personal talk about their dumb lives outside of sports. I like DMac as an interviewer but Al seems either checked out or argumentative during the show and honestly he seems to have a really low football IQ for someone who has played the game. Kreckman and Nalen will be a breath of fresh air.

And I'm pleased to see most people here don't care for Sandy Clough. He always points to his tenure here as some credential to his superior knowledge of all things Broncos. I do like his post game shows, but his regular schtick in the afternoon is hard to sit through. Glad to hear 104.3 is getting some competition. The Fan is just rough to listen to outside of the NFL season.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-08-2016, 12:37 PM
Listen Live

http://altitudesports950.com/

dogfish
04-08-2016, 03:59 PM
i tried tuning in today when i was stuck in traffic, but it was just horseshit baseball coverage. . . does anyone in colorado actually care about the lame-ass r0ckies?

Buff
04-08-2016, 04:17 PM
i tried tuning in today when i was stuck in traffic, but it was just horseshit baseball coverage. . . does anyone in colorado actually care about the lame-ass r0ckies?

1000x more than I care about the lame-ass Nuggets, who ain't never done shit. At least the Rockies have won a pennant in my lifetime. :fight:

BroncoJoe
04-08-2016, 04:28 PM
It is their home opener, after all.

dogfish
04-08-2016, 04:43 PM

there wasn't some exciting golf or tennis they could cover?

slim
04-08-2016, 04:47 PM
My understanding is they are going to focus on every Colorado team expect the Broncos, at least as much as possible.

It is surefire formula for failure.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-08-2016, 05:06 PM

And not long ago, Drew just said #7 is at the game (they showed him), and Drew said that Peyton was also at the game.

BroncoJoe
04-08-2016, 05:09 PM
My understanding is they are going to focus on every Colorado team expect the Broncos, at least as much as possible.

That's like trying to sell bacon in Afghanistan.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-08-2016, 05:13 PM

"We're guys in our 40s, have families, play golf and love sports," said Lombardi, who was most recently on KKFN 104.3 The Fan's morning show, and will host a show from 1-4 p.m. with Altitude anchor Kyle Keefe. "Our show will be more lighthearted than everything else. We're going to pound the Broncos when the Broncos need pounding. It's still a Broncos town, but not every day, seven days a week."

http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_29725285/altitude-enters-denvers-sports-talk-radio-market

Cugel
04-11-2016, 09:40 PM
I beg to differ. When you're the defending SB champions, it's 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.

I'll care about Rockies baseball the day that the Montforts fire themselves and get a decent owner who will spend money and put the best talent in charge of the team - i.e. the minute the Rockies start acting like Pat Bowlen's Broncos.

You never saw Bowlen say something monumentally stupid like: "I don't know who all the general managers in baseball are, but I know Dan O'Dowd is the best of them."

His only job is to know who all the GMs in baseball are and then hold his GM and coach accountable for failure. Stay the hell out of the way and let them run the team, but if they fail for 4 years straight, then fire them and bring in the best available talent. Then go back to signing checks and letting the professionals run the team.

Exactly what Bowlen did, and it led to 6 SBs and 3 championships. Charlie Montfort on the other hand imagines he's a baseball genius, and the Rockies have 1 Pennant and zero World Championships.

MOtorboat
04-12-2016, 06:13 PM

Light your keyboard on fire, hit yourself in the head and then throw the keyboard out the window. Then smash your head through the monitor.

Have a nice day.

dogfish
04-12-2016, 07:33 PM
Light your keyboard on fire, hit yourself in the head and then throw the keyboard out the window. Then smash your head through the monitor.

Have a nice day.

somebody cut you off in traffic, buff?

GEM
04-12-2016, 10:00 PM
I've turned sports off the last month or so. Kool 105...80's most of the day. :lol:

BroncoJoe
04-13-2016, 07:12 AM
I've turned sports off the last month or so. Kool 105...80's most of the day. :lol:

That's pretty much what I've been doing too. Plus the reception for 950 sucks. Bad.

MOtorboat
04-13-2016, 09:28 AM

That's pretty much what I've been doing too. Plus the reception for 950 sucks. Bad.

I think this is as good of a reason not to talk Broncos 100 percent of the time, even if they did win the Super Bowl. Diehard Broncos fans will even turn the channel this time of year, so try to attract some fans of other teams and try to keep the Broncos fans engaged too.

GEM
04-13-2016, 10:12 AM
I think this is as good of a reason not to talk Broncos 100 percent of the time, even if they did win the Super Bowl. Diehard Broncos fans will even turn the channel this time of year, so try to attract some fans of other teams and try to keep the Broncos fans engaged too.

I just don't give 2 shits about any other sports really. Baseball bores the hell out of me and basketball just seems to be such a joke with all the really good players going where they want and teams like Denver are just like second class citizens. I can't do Stink in the mornings, he's sold out to ESPN like a two bit hooker. Really can't stand him anymore. He's like #hottakes but it's the stupidest line of bullshit ever. I'll come back as we get closer to football again.

BroncoJoe
04-13-2016, 10:22 AM
I just don't give 2 shits about any other sports really. Baseball bores the hell out of me and basketball just seems to be such a joke with all the really good players going where they want and teams like Denver are just like second class citizens. I can't do Stink in the mornings, he's sold out to ESPN like a two bit hooker. Really can't stand him anymore. He's like #hottakes but it's the stupidest line of bullshit ever. I'll come back as we get closer to football again.

And the draft...

GEM - do you ever tune into 93.7 The Rock? Good mix of past and present music. I switch between that and Kool 105 when I'm driving around.