PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning's star power effect now void on Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
03-31-2016, 09:55 PM
On a normal week for a regular NFL team heading to its bye week in the playoffs, the first practice day would elicit only minor media intrigue. With an unknown opponent for a game in two weeks, about the only media interest would be how to fix whatever current weaknesses might exist, impact of known injuries, and of course a premature weather report for a game in 13 days.

But not in Denver.

On the Thursday of the 2016 postseason bye week, there was a barrage of cameras in the locker room, all shining on one player and all asking a dozen forms of one question - Can Peyton Manning win it for the Broncos?

AND

The ovation at Mile High when "backup No. 18" entered the field is all you need to know about the star power of Manning. For fans in need of a savior and sports media in need of a hero, Manning was so often both.

It's no surprise then that Super Bowl 50 - which did in fact turn out to be The Sheriff's last rodeo - was the third largest audience for any TV program in history.

full article - http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/3/30/10740570/Peyton-Manning-Denver-Broncos-quarterback-national-media

dogfish
03-31-2016, 10:04 PM
denver fans know von miller is the star of this franchise now. . .

:defense:

Simple Jaded
04-01-2016, 12:12 AM
Maybe we won't get Phil Simms every ****** week now.

Buff
04-01-2016, 12:28 AM
Maybe we won't get Phil Simms every ****** week now.

Yeah, now we can get Dan Fouts and the other C team clowns instead. :rolleyes:

Timmy!
04-01-2016, 01:51 PM

Fouts hates us. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaates us.

OrangeHoof
04-01-2016, 03:29 PM
Before Manning arrived the Broncos were one of the AFC's best rating draws. That won't change overnight.

MOtorboat
04-02-2016, 03:22 AM

Never understood what bothers people so much about Simms. Simms and Nance are the No. 1 for a reason and I hope we have them often. It means Denver is a contender.

I love how people get pissed off at announcers for saying the things they've posted for weeks. And for dumb stuff like saying a challenge will go against them. The whole "rooting" controversy over Simms saying he thought replays would go one way that was against the Broncos was asinine.

Simple Jaded
04-02-2016, 04:02 AM
I'm sick of Phil Simms, nothing to understand. Maybe it's yall's turn to be annoyed.

What's assinine is getting annoyed about someone getting annoyed by something that doesn't annoy you.

No need to get your panties in a bunch ladies.

Valar Morghulis
04-02-2016, 04:07 AM
I'm sick of Phil Simms, nothing to understand. Maybe it's yall's turn to be annoyed. No need to get your panties in a bunch ladies.

I don't mind him. I have no problem with him or Aikman but not a big fan of fouts.

Edited to add. I love gruden, so much so i look forward to our Monday night games!

Simple Jaded
04-02-2016, 04:11 AM
I don't mind him. I have no problem with him or Aikman but not a big fan of fouts.

Edited to add. I love gruden, so much so i look forward to our Monday night games!

I liked Simms in the first SB winning era, not so much anymore.

Cugel
04-02-2016, 10:29 AM
How can anybody not love Troy Aikman? They guy who famously said: "Wow, the Steelers are really putting it to the rear-ends of the Packers!"

He actually said that on a national broadcast. :laugh:

Nomad
04-02-2016, 11:29 AM
I'd take Phil Simms every week, because that means the BRONCOS game would be the 'game of the week' for CBS and be nationally televised. Just mute the tv and listen to KOA Denver.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-02-2016, 08:25 PM
I like Simms.

Aikman is the only one who annoys me. Does he ever go through a broadcast without saying, "when I was with the Cowboys."

spikerman
04-02-2016, 08:35 PM
The only announcer I never could stand was Randy Cross. Nails on a chalkboard.

Simple Jaded
04-03-2016, 12:04 AM
The only announcer I never could stand was Randy Cross. Nails on a chalkboard.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

Todd Christensen too.