PDA

View Full Version : Woman in coma gets call from former Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning after tragic accident

Denver Native (Carol)
03-30-2016, 12:21 PM
DENVER - Even though she was in a coma, a Grand Junction native received a call from former Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning last week.

Savanna Romero was in a very serious motorcycle accident on March 7. She was airlifted to Bismarck, then to Denver.

She has a brain injury, multiple blood clots, 12 broken ribs, bladder infection, MRSA and more, according to her husband Carlos.

After two agonizing weeks, Carlos told KJCT-TV he received a restricted call. On the other end was Peyton Manning.

"I just want you to know you've been in my thoughts and prayers. I know you're going through a tough fight right now, but you've got a lot of people pulling for you and praying for you,” Manning said to Savannah over the phone.

Carlos told KJCT-TV the conversation lasted roughly 10 minutes, just enough time to lift his spirits.

Days later, Savanna responded to the doctor and lifted a finger.

rest, plus video - part of Peyton's call
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/woman-in-coma-gets-call-from-former-broncos-quarterback-peyton-manning-after-tragic-accident

BroncoJoe
03-30-2016, 03:19 PM
#pfm

BroncoWave
03-30-2016, 04:19 PM
For every one of these kind of stories that gets out in the media, Peyton probably does the same kind of thing for 20-30 other people that never gets reported. Gotta love what he does for the community.

BroncoJoe
03-30-2016, 04:25 PM
For every one of these kind of stories that gets out in the media, Peyton probably does the same kind of thing for 20-30 other people that never gets reported. Gotta love what he does for the community.

He truly is a man among men. I'm glad he retired, and wasn't thrilled when he signed here in the first place, but I am proud to think of him as a Broncos player now.

Timmy!
03-30-2016, 04:27 PM
Pey pey is a good human being.

chazoe60
03-30-2016, 04:27 PM

Yeah, but he showed his ass to a crazy woman in college so...........

BroncoJoe
03-30-2016, 04:29 PM

Don't forget his balls. His BALLS!

BroncoWave
03-30-2016, 04:31 PM

To be honest I was mostly playing devil's advocate in that thread and with the more stuff that has come out about the woman I am more on Peyton's side now.

chazoe60
03-30-2016, 04:32 PM
Don't forget his balls. His BALLS!

I bet they were wobbly.

BroncoJoe
03-30-2016, 04:40 PM
I bet they were wobbly.

Made me LMAO.

OrangeHoof
03-30-2016, 05:47 PM
Manning: "Hi, Ms. Romero. This is the greatest quarterback of all-time calling. I know you're in a coma..."

Romero: "JOE?" Joe Montana???"

* click *

spikerman
03-30-2016, 05:53 PM
He's all class.