PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall considering hold out from Broncos offseason program

Denver Native (Carol)
03-30-2016, 12:03 PM
KUSA - It appears Denver Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall is contemplating an offseason holdout.

A restricted free agent, Marshall received a second-round tender from the Broncos that would pay him a one-year, $2.553 million salary in 2016. Marshall may skip the Broncos’ offseason program that begins April 18 in hopes of leveraging a multiyear contract extension.

Asked directly by 9NEWS if Marshall would hold out from the Broncos’ offseason program, the linebacker and his agent Drew Rosenhaus separately texted they could not comment. Read into those non-denials what you will.

rest - http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/brandon-marshall-considering-hold-out-from-broncos-offseason-program/110141955

Poet
03-30-2016, 12:05 PM
Oh boy.

Valar Morghulis
03-30-2016, 12:07 PM
I hate this so much I would cut him out of spite

TXBRONC
03-30-2016, 12:11 PM
This standard operating procedure for Rosehaus.

Poet
03-30-2016, 12:14 PM
I hate this so much I would cut him out of spite

You are a beast.

The Glue Factory
03-30-2016, 12:19 PM

I hate seeing his name associated with ANY Bronco. This guy gives pond scum a bad name.

OrangeHoof
03-30-2016, 12:25 PM
Not worried. He knows the defense. If you don't have a contract, don't risk an injury. It's the smart move.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-30-2016, 01:31 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 59m

#broncos view LB Brandon Marshall as potential core player going forward. But right now Von contract, finding QB are top priorities

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1h

Could lead to #Broncos Marshall missing some voluntary workouts as angles for new deal. Von also could miss time as contract talks continue

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1h

As wrote last week #broncos Marshall and rep interested in longterm deal. And he hasn't signed second round tender. (Continued)

NightTerror218
03-30-2016, 01:32 PM
He knows the teams salary cap issues. He knows an extension is not coming this season unless it is back loaded.

The Glue Factory
03-30-2016, 01:52 PM
He knows the teams salary cap issues. He knows an extension is not coming this season unless it is back loaded.

Marshall's agent (Drew Rosenhose) is likely telling him stuff that is antithetical to those thoughts. Whenever I hear Drew's name there's always problems with the players involved. He makes squid slime look good!

GEM
03-30-2016, 02:03 PM
Not sure why anyone would be upset by this? He's under contract for shit money for his work on the field. He knows the defense, the coach is still the same, the scheme is still the same...why should he risk injury? I can't hold that against him. I wouldn't be surprised if Von doesn't do them either. Will everyone hate on him as well?

Valar Morghulis
03-30-2016, 02:36 PM
Will everyone hate on him as well?

Yes lol. Because I am irrational AF

Hold outs never result in a good season. I truly hate them.

I blame DTs holdout for all his drops last year. Because it fits with my view of things lol

GEM
03-30-2016, 02:38 PM
Yes lol. Because I am irrational AF

Hold outs never result in a good season. I truly hate them.

I blame DTs holdout for all his drops last year. Because it fits with my view of things lol

Eh, DT was dropping balls in the season before though.

Valar Morghulis
03-30-2016, 02:39 PM
Eh, DT was dropping balls in the season before though.

That does not fit with my logic, so i am going to ignore it

The Glue Factory
03-30-2016, 02:47 PM
Not sure why anyone would be upset by this? He's under contract for shit money for his work on the field. He knows the defense, the coach is still the same, the scheme is still the same...why should he risk injury? I can't hold that against him. I wouldn't be surprised if Von doesn't do them either. Will everyone hate on him as well?

This isn't about avoiding injury, GEM. The story explicitly stated the hold-out is to leverage a better contract. This move smells of Drew's shenanigans all over it. Seems like Marshall is paying too much attention to the advice of his agent. We all know the Broncos (especially one Mr. Elway) act with class; holding out to "force" a better paycheck is likely going to sabotage Marshall's payday. How much does a hold out tell the Broncos Marshall wants to be here? Or does it say that Marshall is concerned only about Marshall and doesn't care where his paycheck comes from?

BroncoJoe
03-30-2016, 02:49 PM
Get your ass to camp, Marshall.

Injury concern is WAY overblown.

GEM
03-30-2016, 02:50 PM
This isn't about avoiding injury, GEM. The story explicitly stated the hold-out is to leverage a better contract. This move smells of Drew's shenanigans all over it. Seems like Marshall is paying too much attention to the advice of his agent. We all know the Broncos (especially one Mr. Elway) act with class; holding out to "force" a better paycheck is likely going to sabotage Marshall's payday. How much does a hold out tell the Broncos Marshall wants to be here? Or does it say that Marshall is concerned only about Marshall and doesn't care where his paycheck comes from?

That may be part of it, for sure, but if he plays this contract and gets injured in practice, who guarantees him another contract? No one. He's protecting himself and trying to put him and his family in the best situation. I won't fault him for that.

GEM
03-30-2016, 02:50 PM

So is an ACL...:laugh: :D

Poet
03-30-2016, 02:55 PM

Injuries are pretty common in the NFL, Joe. He's making a business decision.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-30-2016, 02:56 PM
That does not fit with my logic, so i am going to ignore it

Have I ever told you I appreciate your honesty?

Valar Morghulis
03-30-2016, 02:56 PM
Have I ever told you I appreciate your honesty?

No, would you like to tell me now?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-30-2016, 02:58 PM
No, would you like to tell me now?

Yes I would.....

Dave, I appreciate your honesty.

BroncoWave
03-30-2016, 03:00 PM

Let's ask Ryan Clady about the injury concerns in a minicamp.

Valar Morghulis
03-30-2016, 03:01 PM
Yes I would..... Dave, I appreciate your honesty.

Thanks man. I appreciate your general awesomeness.

BroncoJoe
03-30-2016, 03:10 PM
Injuries are pretty common in the NFL, Joe. He's making a business decision.

I get it - just don't like it. You could also make the argument that not attending camp could lead to injury or a lack-luster season which would also impact his next year.

Let's ask Ryan Clady about the injury concerns in a minicamp.

Sure. Let's ask the other 1,700 other players as well. Risk is minimal, from a pure percentage basis.

BroncoWave
03-30-2016, 03:11 PM
I get it - just don't like it.

Sure. Let's ask the other 1,700 other players as well. Risk is minimal, from a pure percentage basis.

That minimal risk likely looks a lot bigger when you have millions of dollars on the line.

BroncoJoe
03-30-2016, 03:14 PM
That minimal risk likely looks a lot bigger when you have millions of dollars on the line.

He's already getting millions of dollars. Maybe he shouldn't drive a car, or do anything, because you know, risk.

BroncoWave
03-30-2016, 03:18 PM
He's already getting millions of dollars. Maybe he shouldn't drive a car, or do anything, because you know, risk.

Not driving a car doesn't improve his negotiating leverage. Holding out potentially does.

BroncoJoe
03-30-2016, 03:23 PM
Not driving a car doesn't improve his negotiating leverage. Holding out potentially does.

Uh, OK? Holding out improves his leverage?

Right. Let's piss of the people who will pay you, hoping to get more money. Makes 100% sense.

In a bazaaro world.

The Glue Factory
03-30-2016, 03:23 PM

And holding out potentially damages his negotiating leverage - especially with Elway. What kind of message does holding out send?

Poet
03-30-2016, 03:24 PM
I get it - just don't like it. You could also make the argument that not attending camp could lead to injury or a lack-luster season which would also impact his next year.

I think his response is that 'you are right, so let's get me a new contract'.

BroncoJoe
03-30-2016, 03:26 PM
I think his response is that 'you are right, so let's get me a new contract'.

The Broncos' response would be "You have one. Get your ass to camp and we'll talk."

BroncoWave
03-30-2016, 03:29 PM
Uh, OK? Holding out improves his leverage?

Right. Let's piss of the people who will pay you, hoping to get more money. Makes 100% sense.

In a bazaaro world.

So why do agents always advise their players to hold out then? It might not necessarily make them more money, but it often increases a team's sense of urgency to get a guy signed.

BroncoJoe
03-30-2016, 03:35 PM
So why do agents always advise their players to hold out then? It might not necessarily make them more money, but it often increases a team's sense of urgency to get a guy signed.

I'm just expressing my opinion. I have no idea why an agent would ask his client not to preform the duties he's being paid to do.

PS - his is signed.

Poet
03-30-2016, 03:35 PM
The Broncos' response would be "You have one. Get your ass to camp and we'll talk."

Well the talks haven't been fruitful either way.

I don't like 'holding out', from a fan's perspective it seems so selfish and what not. But as a player, man I would strongly consider it in some situations'.

BroncoJoe
03-30-2016, 03:36 PM
Well the talks haven't been fruitful either way.

I don't like 'holding out', from a fan's perspective it seems so selfish and what not. But as a player, man I would strongly consider it in some situations'.

Like I said, I get it. Just don't like it.

I'm just a fan.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-30-2016, 03:37 PM
Thanks man. I appreciate your general awesomeness.

You might appreciate my general awesomeness, but you are General Awesomeness.

BroncoWave
03-30-2016, 03:40 PM
I'm just expressing my opinion. I have no idea why an agent would ask his client not to preform the duties he's being paid to do.

PS - his is signed.

He was tendered, a matter in which he had no choice. So given that he is now making below what his value would have been on the open market, I don't really see how one could fault him for trying to get that kind of deal.

BroncoJoe
03-30-2016, 03:44 PM
He was tendered, a matter in which he had no choice. So given that he is now making below what his value would have been on the open market, I don't really see how one could fault him for trying to get that kind of deal.

How do you know that? Of course you don't fault him - I'm not surprised in the least.

Poet
03-30-2016, 03:46 PM
Like I said, I get it. Just don't like it.

I'm just a fan.

You're a prodigious business man, though. If it makes sense for him in his situation, presuming of course, would you fault him from that perspective?

BroncoJoe
03-30-2016, 03:52 PM
You're a prodigious business man, though. If it makes sense for him in his situation, presuming of course, would you fault him from that perspective?

Other teams could sign him, if they thought he is worth a 2nd round pick. They haven't. As far as I know, no one has even inquired.

Dude was a 5th round pick, and will make over $2 million this year. Per his own words:

"I would definitely love my bank account to grow in these next few months - I would love that," Marshall said on NFL HQ Friday morning. "Me and my agent have been talking, we'll see what happens. But I would love to stay in Denver. I grew up a Broncos fan. I love the Broncos. I love the organization and community, so I'd love to stay in Denver. We'll definitely see what happens."

Was he lying? What exactly is he looking for? $3 million? $4 million? No other team thinks he's worth what the Broncos tagged him at. The Broncos definitely "grew his bank account" considering he "only" made $585k last year.

BroncoWave
03-30-2016, 03:52 PM
How do you know that? Of course you don't fault him - I'm not surprised in the least.

How do I know what? That he had no choice in the matter? Because a team can tender an RFA at their whim and there is nothing the player can do about it. Or are you asking how you know he is getting paid below his market value? I think the market for players off the Broncos defense this offseason would bear that out.

BroncoWave
03-30-2016, 03:54 PM
Other teams could sign him, if they thought he is worth a 2nd round pick. They haven't. As far as I know, no one has even inquired.

Dude was a 5th round pick, and will make over $2 million this year. Per his own words:

Was he lying? What exactly is he looking for? $3 million? $4 million? No other team thinks he's worth what the Broncos tagged him at.

This really isn't true. Other teams might very well think he is worth 3-4 million, but not 3-4 million plus his second round pick. Just because they aren't willing to give up that kind of pick doesn't mean they wouldn't pay him more than 2 million had he not been tendered.

Just look at CJ. If we tender him, probably no one matches his offer. But since we didn't, he was offered a huge deal. I imagine that would have been very much the same case for Marshall.

BroncoJoe
03-30-2016, 03:55 PM
PS - I don't think any player that has held out actually improved their position/standing in the NFL. At least none come to mind at the moment.

Poet
03-30-2016, 03:59 PM
PS - I don't think any player that has held out actually improved their position/standing in the NFL. At least none come to mind at the moment.

Hines Ward comes to mind. When he held out it spurred the Steelers to actually seriously negotiate with him. Vincent Jackson's holdout got him out of a bad situation in San Diego. Palmer's holdout/retirement got him the trade he wanted. Urlacher once negotiated a horrible contract (not on his own accord but it was shit) and threatened a holdout, and eventually got a new deal.

BroncoJoe
03-30-2016, 04:00 PM
This really isn't true. Other teams might very well think he is worth 3-4 million, but not 3-4 million plus his second round pick. Just because they aren't willing to give up that kind of pick doesn't mean they wouldn't pay him more than 2 million had he not been tendered.

Just look at CJ. If we tender him, probably no one matches his offer. But since we didn't, he was offered a huge deal. I imagine that would have been very much the same case for Marshall.

Didn't happen, so this is pure speculation. Besides, would they pay him substantially more than the $2.3 million he's guaranteed this year? I doubt it.

What is the $$ guaranteed to a 2nd round pick these days?

BroncoJoe
03-30-2016, 04:01 PM
Hines Ward comes to mind. When he held out it spurred the Steelers to actually seriously negotiate with him. Vincent Jackson's holdout got him out of a bad situation in San Diego. Palmer's holdout/retirement got him the trade he wanted. Urlacher once negotiated a horrible contract (not on his own accord but it was shit) and threatened a holdout, and eventually got a new deal.

I don't like holdouts, Keep. I don't like them.

I'm just a fan, so take that for what it is worth. If he left the Broncos, he'd be dead to me anyway and Elway would find someone within the draft to replace him.

Poet
03-30-2016, 04:02 PM
Didn't happen, so this is pure speculation. Besides, would they pay him substantially more than the $2.3 million he's guaranteed this year? I doubt it.

Very little, which is why draft picks are more valuable now.

BroncoJoe
03-30-2016, 04:03 PM
Very little, which is why draft picks are more valuable now.

I know there is some kind of formula/limit on picks now, but I can't find any information on it.

Poet
03-30-2016, 04:04 PM
I know there is some kind of formula/limit on picks now, but I can't find any information on it.

I'm sure the 'chart' will be flashed on screen during draft day.

BroncoWave
03-30-2016, 04:07 PM

If Denver didn't think another team would offer him more than 2 million, they would not have put a 2nd round tender on him. They made that gamble with CJ and lost. The fact that they weren't willing to make that gamble with Marshall means they knew he would get more on the open market. And I'm sure his agent knows that as well.

BroncoJoe
03-30-2016, 04:08 PM
How do I know what?

What you stated:

he is now making below what his value would have been on the open market

BroncoJoe
03-30-2016, 04:09 PM
If Denver didn't think another team would offer him more than 2 million, they would not have put a 2nd round tender on him. They made that gamble with CJ and lost. The fact that they weren't willing to make that gamble with Marshall means they knew he would get more on the open market. And I'm sure his agent knows that as well.

CJ isn't a fair comparison. He was undrafted, so they could either give him a 2nd round tender (which went to Marshall) or a 1st, or what they tagged him at.

It's really not that complicated. Frankly, I was shocked they matched CJ's offer. I think it was WAY too much, but trust the Broncos know what they're doing. After all, they actually understand the business, players and salary cap.

BroncoWave
03-30-2016, 04:11 PM
After all, they actually understand the business, players and salary cap.

No doubt, but so does Drew Rosenhaus. He probably hasn't gotten where he is as an agent by consistently giving his clients bad advice.

Valar Morghulis
03-30-2016, 04:11 PM
Everything Joe is saying in this thread is 100% my opinion.

Not sure what that says about either of us!

BroncoWave
03-30-2016, 04:12 PM
Everything Joe is saying in this thread is 100% my opinion.

Not sure what that says about either of us!

That you are a Jeep Liberty-driving Trump supporter?

Valar Morghulis
03-30-2016, 04:13 PM
That you are a Jeep Liberty-driving Trump supporter?

I love me some trump, and when I move next door to Joe, I will be driving a jeep liberty... Because freedom

BroncoJoe
03-30-2016, 04:14 PM
No doubt, but so does Drew Rosenhaus. He probably hasn't gotten where he is as an agent by consistently giving his clients bad advice.

Can't disagree. But, if I was Rosenhaus, I'd be telling my client to play lights out this year since I couldn't get him a better deal. There's always next year.

BroncoWave
03-30-2016, 04:14 PM
I love me some trump, and when I move next door to Joe, I will be driving a jeep liberty... Because freedom

Just spare us the details of all the gay sex you will be having.

BroncoWave
03-30-2016, 04:17 PM
Can't disagree. But, if I was Rosenhaus, I'd be telling my client to play lights out this year since I couldn't get him a better deal. There's always next year.

In this case you're probably right since Denver doesn't really have any wiggle room with the cap to work with this year. But if nothing else, as mentioned earlier, he limits his injury risk by reporting later. (And yes, I know, he could also stop driving, going outside, etc)

Valar Morghulis
03-30-2016, 04:18 PM
Just spare us the details of all the gay sex you will be having.

Nope.

BroncoJoe
03-30-2016, 04:20 PM
Nope.

I'd snub you again. For as long as it takes.

BroncoJoe
03-30-2016, 04:23 PM
In this case you're probably right since Denver doesn't really have any wiggle room with the cap to work with this year. But if nothing else, as mentioned earlier, he limits his injury risk by reporting later. (And yes, I know, he could also stop driving, going outside, etc)

It's a double edged sword, IMO. By not reporting and getting in shape, again one could argue he is more susceptible to injury during the season. By reporting it shows the entire NFL he is committed to being the best he can be and willing to make the "sacrifice" to be exactly that.

BroncoWave
03-30-2016, 04:26 PM
It's a double edged sword, IMO. By not reporting and getting in shape, again one could argue he is more susceptible to injury during the season. By reporting it shows the entire NFL he is committed to being the best he can be and willing to make the "sacrifice" to be exactly that.

I guess that really just depends on how well he is staying in shape on his own.

BroncoJoe
03-30-2016, 04:28 PM
I guess that really just depends on how well he is staying in shape on his own.

True. I can only state that most players say there's nothing you can do to get into football shape other than actually playing (practicing?) football.

Valar Morghulis
03-30-2016, 04:41 PM
I'd snub you again. For as long as it takes.

Lol. Whatever neighbor.

Poet
03-30-2016, 05:42 PM
Lol. Whatever neighbor.

Val just threatened to invade our country.

The British are coming! The British are coming!

Valar Morghulis
03-30-2016, 05:52 PM
Val just threatened to invade our country. The British are coming! The British are coming!

When I do, you can be Paul revere

dogfish
03-30-2016, 06:23 PM
When I do, you can be Paul revere

it'll take a big effin' horse!

you wouldn't think it, but brandon's been in the league four years-- he'll be 27 in september. . . he has one chance to get a big NFL contract. . . he hasn't had one yet, and he's not getting a stacked 4-5 year deal when he's 30. . . his window is about the next season or so, it's now or never time for him. . . dude has turned into a hell of a player-- he wants to retire with the same $25-30 million or more tyoe of cash as the other guys who made it, not 4 or 5. . . in exchange for possible CTE. . . i don't blame the guy. . .

this is SOP anyway, whether "i'm just a fan, damn it!" joe likes it or not. . . :heh: he and his agent probably both understand that he isn't likely to get a multi-year deal now. . . but they certainly won't get one if they don't try, and this is the only leverage available besides pleading. . . what i suspect it does do sometimes is at least get the ball rolling on discussions, rather than the agent simply asking, and the team telling them "we'll deal with it next year". . . maybe they at least look at some basic parameters now to satisfy marshall that they're serious, and get him into camp. . . once they get through the draft and hopefully get the QB situation a little more settled-- and von's deal dealt with, fingers crossed-- then they'll have a better understanding where they're at cap-wise, and maybe a move can be made at that time to sign him to an extension so he doesn't hit the free agent market next year. . .

i hope so. . . that dude is one of the very best coverage linebackers i've ever seen. . . he was a big part of our success last year, it's huge to have a guy who can limit the damage done by fast TEs and RBs. . . true 4-down 'backer, and those guys are rare now. . .

:defense:

NightTerror218
03-30-2016, 06:43 PM

Because Elway pays guys who respect the process. Chris Harris and Wolfe are great examplea. $2?5M guarenteed for ILB is not crap for a guy who is on his 3rd team.

NightTerror218
03-30-2016, 06:48 PM
I don't like holdouts, Keep. I don't like them.

I'm just a fan, so take that for what it is worth. If he left the Broncos, he'd be dead to me anyway and Elway would find someone within the draft to replace him.

Elway knows anyone can be replaced he has shown that. And our backups ILB did great to fill Marshalls shoes.

Elway knows there is no wiggle room with cap space. Marshall will just miss time and be thorn in Elways side.

Simple Jaded
03-30-2016, 08:30 PM
I don't blame him, a very young team just won the SB and for some it's time to get paid.

Wonder what kind of trade value he has.

DenBronx
03-30-2016, 08:45 PM
I don't blame him, a very young team just won the SB and for some it's time to get paid.

Wonder what kind of trade value he has.

Hmmm....maybe a 2nd round pick? Lol

Seriously though, Brandon is the one guy not named Von Miller that I was really hoping for us to retain. The sooner that we can get those two locked up with long term deals the better. Broncos might just have to wait till next years offseason to get it done.

Anyone know what's up with the Clady situation? If we cut him doesn't that create cap room? Is he going to take a pay cut?

BroncoWave
03-30-2016, 08:49 PM
it'll take a big effin' horse!

you wouldn't think it, but brandon's been in the league four years-- he'll be 27 in september. . . he has one chance to get a big NFL contract. . . he hasn't had one yet, and he's not getting a stacked 4-5 year deal when he's 30. . . his window is about the next season or so, it's now or never time for him. . . dude has turned into a hell of a player-- he wants to retire with the same $25-30 million or more tyoe of cash as the other guys who made it, not 4 or 5. . . in exchange for possible CTE. . . i don't blame the guy. . .

this is SOP anyway, whether "i'm just a fan, damn it!" joe likes it or not. . . :heh: he and his agent probably both understand that he isn't likely to get a multi-year deal now. . . but they certainly won't get one if they don't try, and this is the only leverage available besides pleading. . . what i suspect it does do sometimes is at least get the ball rolling on discussions, rather than the agent simply asking, and the team telling them "we'll deal with it next year". . . maybe they at least look at some basic parameters now to satisfy marshall that they're serious, and get him into camp. . . once they get through the draft and hopefully get the QB situation a little more settled-- and von's deal dealt with, fingers crossed-- then they'll have a better understanding where they're at cap-wise, and maybe a move can be made at that time to sign him to an extension so he doesn't hit the free agent market next year. . .

i hope so. . . that dude is one of the very best coverage linebackers i've ever seen. . . he was a big part of our success last year, it's huge to have a guy who can limit the damage done by fast TEs and RBs. . . true 4-down 'backer, and those guys are rare now. . .

:defense:

Joe probably thinks players should pay the Broncos for the privilege of playing for them. :D

Poet
03-30-2016, 08:56 PM
How is he against the run?

Simple Jaded
03-30-2016, 09:01 PM

Seriously though, Brandon is the one guy not named Von Miller that I was really hoping for us to retain. The sooner that we can get those two locked up with long term deals the better. Broncos might just have to wait till next years offseason to get it done.

Anyone know what's up with the Clady situation? If we cut him doesn't that create cap room? Is he going to take a pay cut?
I think they're slotting Clady's cap space for Kaepernick, unfortunately, I'd rather keep Clady.

As for Marshall, he's not interested in waiting his turn, he sees the "Corporate raiding" and knows the time is now. They already won a SB. It's the hand he's dealt though, he's not the first restricted free agent and he won't be the last.

"Seems like when you're trying to win a SB it's all about 'we' and after you've won a SB it's all about 'me" -- Mike Ditka

It's inevitable, don't get too attached.

TXBRONC
03-30-2016, 09:19 PM
I hate seeing his name associated with ANY Bronco. This guy gives pond scum a bad name.

Aint that the freaking truth.

Simple Jaded
03-30-2016, 09:25 PM

Yet another reason to not draft Dak Prescott.

BroncoWave
03-30-2016, 09:27 PM

Where did you see that Rosenhaus is Dak's agent? A google search turned up nothing.

Simple Jaded
03-30-2016, 09:32 PM

Where did you see that Rosenhaus is Dak's agent? A google search turned up nothing.

It was Scooby, my bad, I'm a huge *******.

BroncoWave
03-30-2016, 09:33 PM
It was Scooby, my bad, I'm a huge *******.

Yeah you are. :sad: ;)

Simple Jaded
03-30-2016, 09:36 PM
Yeah you are. :sad: ;)

It musta been wishful thinking.

dogfish
03-30-2016, 10:52 PM

sideline to sideline, very strong in pursuit. . . pretty average shedding blocks, but he works hard and is technically sound. . . very instinctive, solid tackler. . . he's really a prototypical 43 WILL, but he adjusted to playing inside just fine. . .

Dapper Dan
03-30-2016, 10:57 PM
Bye bitch

GEM
03-30-2016, 11:26 PM
Bye bitch

Except for that part where he's under contract. Pesky details.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-30-2016, 11:43 PM

He's good in coverage and against the run.

Poet
03-31-2016, 12:19 AM
Except for that part where he's under contract. Pesky details.

#styledon
#thatpostwasarealGEM
#dapperdandead
#superdead
#weloveyouDapperDan
#neverforget
#ohlawd.

NightTerror218
03-31-2016, 01:09 PM
Read article that broncos are strapped on cap and right now are short headed into draft to be able to sign entire class

VonDoom
03-31-2016, 01:37 PM

I think a long term deal with Von gets done before the season starts. He might hold out a bit, like DT did last year, but it'll get done.

Marshall has less leverage, since he'll basically have to play on his tender (I mean, Von does too, but he's obviously priority one right now). He might hold out as well, as the original post stated. That's just life in the NFL. Word was that we let Trevathan go because we wanted Marshall more. I think they'll get him a long term contract, but I don't know when. It'd be nice if we got him re-signed mid-year, ala Harris and Wolfe.

As for Clady ... I think we're still looking to trade him (for Kap or not) but if that fails, he'll be cut and save us $8.9 million. Without that happening, we currently have the lowest cap room of any team in the NFL:

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

BroncoJoe
03-31-2016, 03:49 PM
Well, that sucks.

MOtorboat
03-31-2016, 06:30 PM
6 pages for meh?

LTC Pain
03-31-2016, 06:53 PM
If Marshall wants to holdout then screw him. Next man up!

BroncoWave
03-31-2016, 07:53 PM
6 pages for meh?

Well this time after the free agency boom and before the draft is one of the deader parts of the offseason, so kinda slim pickings for us to exchange our hot takes on.

wayninja
03-31-2016, 08:02 PM
Well this time after the free agency boom and before the draft is one of the deader parts of the offseason, so kinda slim pickings for us to exchange our hot takes on.

Ew.

MOtorboat
03-31-2016, 08:04 PM

Well, I think people are thinking holdout, and it's really just not going to voluntary workouts and OTAs which is really no big deal. When he starts holding out of camp, that's a whole other issue.

VonDoom
03-31-2016, 08:19 PM
If Marshall wants to holdout then screw him. Next man up!

Not sure if serious? You feel the same about Von?

BroncoWave
03-31-2016, 08:36 PM
Well, I think people are thinking holdout, and it's really just not going to voluntary workouts and OTAs which is really no big deal. When he starts holding out of camp, that's a whole other issue.

Hot takes wait for no one, Mo.

TXBRONC
03-31-2016, 08:50 PM

His agent is Rosenhaus?

BroncoWave
03-31-2016, 08:56 PM
His agent is Rosenhaus?

No, Jaded got him mixed up with someone else.

Simple Jaded
04-01-2016, 12:17 AM
No, Jaded got him mixed up with someone else.

To be fair they look a lot alike.

Simple Jaded
04-01-2016, 12:20 AM
I'm stupid, you're smart.
I was wrong, you were right.
You're the best, I'm the worst.
Um...you're very good looking, I...am not attractive.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-01-2016, 09:26 AM
I'm a little surprised Clady is still on the roster.

VonDoom
04-01-2016, 11:13 AM
I'm a little surprised Clady is still on the roster.

I think they still hope they can trade him, maybe get a pick they can use in the draft. If not, he'll be released before June 1, when his salary becomes guaranteed (or so I've read).

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-01-2016, 11:23 AM
I think they still hope they can trade him, maybe get a pick they can use in the draft. If not, he'll be released before June 1, when his salary becomes guaranteed (or so I've read).

Gotcha, I thought his salary would be garanteed today.

Cugel
04-02-2016, 12:04 PM
Marshall has only been in the league a couple of years so he's a restricted FA. No other team can negotiate with him, so he's playing for the Broncos or sitting out the season and not getting paid. He can sulk if he wants. But, he's not getting a better contract. So, he can pound sand. The Broncos can put a 2nd round tender on him NEXT year too if they want.

Inside linebacker Brandon Marshall remains undecided if he will skip any of the Broncos offseason workouts as he seeks a long-term contract. Marshall has not signed his second-round tender contract, which pays him $2.553 million. The contract represents a huge raise from last season's $495,000, and dissuaded teams from signing him to an offer sheet because of their reluctance to surrender a second-round draft pick.

Voluntary team workouts begin April 18. Marshall said Wednesday he's unsure if he will attend. Agent Drew Rosenhaus, who represents Marshall, declined comment in an email. Mandatory camp is expected to start in the middle of June. Marshall wants a long-term contract with the Broncos. The Broncos view him as a potential core player but securing him to a multi-year contract is complicated by the timing.

VonDoom
04-02-2016, 01:53 PM
Marshall has only been in the league a couple of years so he's a restricted FA. No other team can negotiate with him, so he's playing for the Broncos or sitting out the season and not getting paid. He can sulk if he wants. But, he's not getting a better contract. So, he can pound sand. The Broncos can put a 2nd round tender on him NEXT year too if they want.

He'll be a UFA next year

TXBRONC
04-02-2016, 03:16 PM
I think Elway will get it worked out with Marshall but unfortunately with Rosenhaus as his agent it could make things more difficult than they need to be.

Simple Jaded
04-02-2016, 06:25 PM
He'll be a UFA next year

Sometimes those RFA rules are weird, though, I won't pretend to know for sure with Marshall but Tony Carter was an RFA for about a decade.

Valar Morghulis
04-02-2016, 06:31 PM
Sometimes those RFA rules are weird, though, I won't pretend to know for sure with Marshall but Tony Carter was an RFA for about a decade.

He should have just been a FA

VonDoom
04-02-2016, 06:47 PM

I thought for sure that after four years of playing time, you became a UFA. It's pretty much the only leverage a player has

Simple Jaded
04-03-2016, 12:41 AM
I thought for sure that after four years of playing time, you became a UFA. It's pretty much the only leverage a player has

I think it has something to do with their contract and whether or not they've spent time on PS's or under suspension. Idk, ignore me, I'm confusing myself.

Btw, technically he's already been in the league for four years, 2012-15.

TXBRONC
04-03-2016, 03:34 PM
I think it has something to do with their contract and whether or not they've spent time on PS's or under suspension. Idk, ignore me, I'm confusing myself.

Btw, technically he's already been in the league for four years, 2012-15.

Well you posted this at nearly 1:00 am in the morning so no wonder you were confusing yourself.

Simple Jaded
04-03-2016, 03:40 PM
Well you posted this at nearly 1:00 am in the morning so no wonder you were confusing yourself.

Had too much blood in my beer system.

TXBRONC
04-03-2016, 03:47 PM

That sounds like a problem.

dogfish
04-03-2016, 04:52 PM

i hate when that happens. . . you gotta be more careful, dude!

TXBRONC
04-03-2016, 05:07 PM

Dr. Dogfish to the rescue.

Simple Jaded
04-04-2016, 12:32 AM

I suffer from fits of sobriety, the struggle is real.

NightTerror218
04-04-2016, 10:08 AM
Elway only wants players who want to be here.