PDA

View Full Version : Bringing back DeMarcus Ware was one of Broncos' best offseason moves

Denver Native (Carol)
03-29-2016, 11:52 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- It was, at least to this point in the Denver Broncos' offseason, the best called shot in free agency. But in the everywhere-man whirlwind that has been Von Miller's offseason, Miller broke down why the Broncos needed -- why he needed -- DeMarcus Ware, and why Ware would stay with the team.

“Most definitely, I definitely think he’s going to be back. We need him back," Miller said weeks ago. "You saw the job he did, not only with me, but with everybody in the locker room. That alone is worth every penny."

At the time, the issue was in doubt. Ware, who will turn 34 on July 31, had one of the team’s highest salary-cap figures. What happened in the weeks since just might be one of the most important moves the Broncos have made since free agency opened.

"That was very big," is how coach Gary Kubiak put it last week. " . . . I’ve said that, you’ve heard me say it a couple times, but it’s very big. We wanted him to be part of our team, and he wanted to be part of our team."

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/19653/demarcus-wares-return-one-of-broncos-best-offseason-moves

Northman
03-29-2016, 11:56 AM
"We only want players that want to be here"

-John Elway

dogfish
03-29-2016, 12:51 PM
not as sexy s getting mark sanchez, but still a decent move. . .

TXBRONC
03-29-2016, 12:56 PM
not as sexy s getting mark sanchez, but still a decent move. . .

Nothing will top the dirty sanchez this year this preseason.

Cugel
03-29-2016, 01:11 PM
This was by far the best move by the Broncos in FA.

It had not been a good FA period for Elway.

They lost Malik, Osweiler and Danny Trevathan to FA. They were locked into really tough negotiations with Von Miller who wants $22M a year. And really the only FA pickup the team had was RT Donald Stevenson. Nice, but a bit of a yawn inducing move.

Then the DeMarcus Ware restructure. Without Malik they're already losing a presence on the DL. If they lost Ware too, teams would be able to totally concentrate on Von Miller.

Now they've got to worry about DeMarcus Ware, because while limited by injuries, he is still a Hall of Fame player.

That is the one guy on the defense outside of Von they simply cannot replace. There are not a lot of Hall of Famers just waiting in line to come to Denver to play LB for the Broncos.

BroncoJoe
03-29-2016, 01:21 PM
#hottakesbycugel

dogfish
03-29-2016, 01:55 PM
And really the only FA pickup the team had was RT Donald Stevenson. Nice, but a bit of a yawn inducing move.

russell okung?

Timmy!
03-29-2016, 02:36 PM
russell okung?

C.J. Anderson?

TXBRONC
03-29-2016, 04:33 PM
How can anyone forget pickinp up Sanchez?

Northman
03-29-2016, 04:36 PM
How can anyone forget pickinp up Sanchez?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/14/8b/b1/148bb13614afd656f248827dbfab8427.jpg

Simple Jaded
03-29-2016, 09:57 PM
I still can't believe the Broncos didn't shell out that $250 MM it took to resign all those players they lost. I mean, what's up with that?

TXBRONC
03-30-2016, 09:45 AM
I still can't believe the Broncos didn't shell out that $250 MM it took to resign all those players they lost. I mean, what's up with that?

Elway is a penny pincher. :nod:

Jsteve01
03-30-2016, 10:33 AM
Yeah I mean you're talking about all those Pro Bowl appearances for that 3. I'm definitely not trying to take shots I appreciate it what they all brought to the table especially Danny. For my money Danny is the only one that wasn't extremely overvalued in free agency. Florio made a great statement the other day and it was if you're signing guys on the first day of free agency you're always losing

DenBronx
03-30-2016, 10:53 AM

Elway is a penny pincher. :nod:

Kinda smart if you ask me. I hate that we lost so many guys but Elway was never going to spend money we didn't have. I just hope we can nail this draft.

chazoe60
03-30-2016, 12:33 PM
DeMarcus looked so rejuvenated during that playoff run. In terms of rushing the passer Ware was as much of a terror to Cam Newton in the SB as Von was, he didn't force the big fumbles like Von but he was in Newton's grill the entire game.

He's just such a great guy too. An absolutely amazing leader for the locker room.

TXBRONC
03-30-2016, 09:11 PM
Kinda smart if you ask me. I hate that we lost so many guys but Elway was never going to spend money we didn't have. I just hope we can nail this draft.

I was being sarcastic. Elway is careful but I wouldn't in all seriousness call him a penny pincher.