PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller wants to be paid like a QB

Northman
03-26-2016, 06:38 PM
http://www.scout.com/nfl/broncos/story/1655378-report-von-miller-wants-qb-money

Video

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-26-2016, 06:48 PM
I'm in a good mood, therefore I will not watch this.

Joel
03-27-2016, 02:35 AM
Sounds about right (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/quarterback/).

SoCalImport
03-27-2016, 04:39 AM
I think we all expected something in the realm of $20 million a year. I think that's what the Broncos are expecting too. the sticking point and where most of the negotiation will likely be is in the guaranteed portion.
fingers crossed they can just get it done.

Valar Morghulis
03-27-2016, 04:56 AM
Whilst I would pay him almost whatever he wants.........i still hope he recognises Superbowls in Denver are a perpetual possibility and that his contract needs to allow for that in order for our dominance to continue.

I agree, cap hit/guarantee will be the main stalling point, rather than Elway not wanting to pay him or Miller not wanting to pay in Denver

DenBronx
03-27-2016, 05:53 AM
I miss the good ol days when teammates would all take a little less to stay and build a team that wanted to win multiple championships.

Von might be the exception to the rule though. Without him we are not world champs. He was a terror!

Joel
03-27-2016, 06:07 AM
I miss the good ol days when teammates would all take a little less to stay and build a team that wanted to win multiple championships.

Von might be the exception to the rule though. Without him we are not world champs. He was a terror!
We're also not world champs without DeMarcus Ware, but he took a CUT in pay we ALREADY legally owed him. I hope Von and his mentor are talking a lot, and that the conversation's going something like "just how big a raise do you think my pay cut entitles you to, kid?" Von's worth $20M/yr, but we need to find a way to spread the pain so he doesn't have to play all 22 starting spots, and he's smart enough he ought to know that.

Dapper Dan
03-27-2016, 06:26 AM

Guys still take pay cuts all the same.

TXBRONC
03-27-2016, 06:40 PM
I don't know if he will get $22 million per year but I do know that a deal will get done won't destroy the Broncos.

NightTerror218
03-27-2016, 07:17 PM
I don't know if he will get $22 million per year but I do know that a deal will get done won't destroy the Broncos.

Franchise tag again. Next year would be cheaper too on the tag then this deal.

TXBRONC
03-27-2016, 07:46 PM

I don't know NT, I think if goes that far then I don't if they would be able to get him signed.

slim
03-27-2016, 08:40 PM
Then he should learn how to throw a football.

NightTerror218
03-27-2016, 09:37 PM
I don't know NT, I think if goes that far then I don't if they would be able to get him signed.

Just saying 2 tags is cheaper then $20 million a year

Cugel
03-28-2016, 11:47 AM

They won't make him play under the franchise tag contract. That would poison the relationship to a player they absolutely need to keep long-term. He could retaliate by not reporting until (I think it's) the 6th week of the season. He would have that long to lock in the $14.4 M franchise contract although the team could not negotiate a long-term deal after July 15. Miller would either have to sign the Franchise Contract or sit out the season. And the Broncos could franchise him again in 2017 for 120% of the previous offer - i.e. $17.2M.

They are certainly not going to war with Von Miller though. He's the one guy on this team they can't afford to lose. Everybody else they can replace, although some would be more difficult than others. Miller is the most athletic LB to come into the NFL since Derrick Thomas, and they aren't going to get another player like that again. He was the highest draft pick in team history at #2 and they will never have another top 10 pick during Elway's tenure as GM.

Cugel
03-28-2016, 11:49 AM
Just saying 2 tags is cheaper then $20 million a year

Cheaper? A lot cheaper. Smarter to poison the well and ultimately lose a player you want to keep for the next 7-10 years? No. :coffee: