PDA

View Full Version : Ellis praises fans in AFCCG game - announces new banner

Tned
03-23-2016, 07:28 AM
The Broncos remain uncertain of their opponent when they open the 2016 season on Sept. 8. One thing is clear. They will acknowledge their championships in front of a sellout crowd. Broncos president Joe Ellis said the team will unveil a banner representing the franchise's three Super Bowl championship titles.

"We want something more visible and prominent for the fans to see," Ellis said, noting they were previously displayed in the back of the end zone. "We want to make it a special night."

"I thought last year our fans came together with the team on the field and kind of willed our team to victories that in previous years might have gone a different way," Ellis said. "The most remarkable thing I remember about last season is that (in the AFC title game) when the Patriots scored that (fourth quarter) touchdown and made it a two-point game. A lot of teams' fans would have had the air go completely out of their balloon. With our fans that never happened. I was down on the field. The crescendo and level of intensity didn't waver one iota. You could feel their support."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29670859/broncos-plan-super-bowl-banner-display-season-opener