PDA

View Full Version : Broncos plan Super Bowl banner display for season opener

Denver Native (Carol)
03-22-2016, 03:09 PM
BOCA RATON, Fla. — The Broncos remain uncertain of their opponent when they open the 2016 season on Sept. 8. One thing is clear. They will acknowledge their championships in front of a sellout crowd. Broncos president Joe Ellis said the team will unveil a banner representing the franchise's three Super Bowl championship titles.

"We want something more visible and prominent for the fans to see," Ellis said. "We want to make it a special night."

The Broncos won back-to-titles in 1997 and 1998 and ended their championship drought with a 24-10 upset victory over the Carolina Panthers in Super Bowl 50. It capped a season in which the Broncos perfected the art of winning ugly and winning late, including in the nervy AFC championship game.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29670859/broncos-plan-super-bowl-banner-display-season-opener

BroncoJoe
03-22-2016, 04:22 PM
Oh man - I hope it's against the Texans.

dogfish
03-22-2016, 04:24 PM
nice! i've been wondering about this, thanks for posting it. . . we really should tailgate that game. . .

:defense: :first:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
03-22-2016, 06:03 PM
I've been meaning to ask for a few weeks and this seems like a good time to do so. I'm getting married in Vegas 3 days before the opener so there is no chance I am wasting this once in a lifetime (for me anyway) opportunity of seeing the Broncos parading the Lombardi in person. Is there any process you have to follow to get single game tickets (memberships, sign ups etc) or is it just a case of waiting for them to be released on ticketmaster or the like and hope you get in there first? I know there will be a high demand for tickets so I want to be prepared as much as possible. I don't want to, but will if have to, have to fork out on the tout sites. Plus anyone tailgating who is looking for two Mancunian football fans to join them (me and a mate, not the future wife, she will be in San Fran by then, not on her own I might add) we are available for hire free of charge.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-23-2016, 09:53 AM
I've been meaning to ask for a few weeks and this seems like a good time to do so. I'm getting married in Vegas 3 days before the opener so there is no chance I am wasting this once in a lifetime (for me anyway) opportunity of seeing the Broncos parading the Lombardi in person. Is there any process you have to follow to get single game tickets (memberships, sign ups etc) or is it just a case of waiting for them to be released on ticketmaster or the like and hope you get in there first? I know there will be a high demand for tickets so I want to be prepared as much as possible. I don't want to, but will if have to, have to fork out on the tout sites. Plus anyone tailgating who is looking for two Mancunian football fans to join them (me and a mate, not the future wife, she will be in San Fran by then, not on her own I might add) we are available for hire free of charge.

I would either call or email the ticket office to see when the single game tickets will go on sale, how it works, etc.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/tickets-and-stadium/ticket-info.html

spikerman
03-23-2016, 07:26 PM
I plan to be at this game.

tomjonesrocks
03-23-2016, 07:46 PM
Anyone roughly know when the real schedule is released? Planning on flying in for the Texans matchup whenever that is (totally unrelated to Brock).

spikerman
03-23-2016, 07:59 PM
I've heard it's about the third week of April.

tomjonesrocks
03-23-2016, 08:04 PM
I've heard it's about the third week of April.

Thanks - noted.

Simple Jaded
03-23-2016, 08:36 PM
I hope the banner says "Suck it WORLD!"

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-25-2016, 05:37 PM
I hope the banner says "Suck it WORLD!"

Does it upset you can't fit that many letters on your license plate?

Here ya go:

SKTWRLD

Ravage!!!
03-25-2016, 07:13 PM
Oh man - I hope it's against the Texans.

Texans? Carolina, Pitt, or NE, would be my bets.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-25-2016, 07:15 PM

Here ya go:

SKTWRLD

Actually people might think you own a place called Skate world, but at your age it would fit....the classic disco themed roller skate party place.

Pudge
03-25-2016, 08:50 PM
I plan to be at this game.

Me too. It's hard telling this far out with the state of my industry, but I'm going to do everything in my power

spikerman
03-25-2016, 09:31 PM
Me too. It's hard telling this far out with the state of my industry, but I'm going to do everything in my power

Let's meet up, amigo.

Pudge
03-25-2016, 10:18 PM
Let's meet up, amigo.

I'll bring the mocaine

BroncoJoe
03-26-2016, 08:08 AM

I hope it's the Texans because of Frock.

BroncoWave
03-26-2016, 08:46 AM

Won't be Carolina, just don't see the NFL putting the Super Bowl losing team in the week 1 celebration for the Super Bowl champ. They have had chances to do that in the past and never have. We don't even play the Steelers this year so it definitely won't be them. New England won't exactly have the same appeal without it being Manning-Brady, and there is also a chance Brady could be suspended week 1, so I don't see that being the matchup.

Houston makes the most sense to me. You have the obvious storyline of Brock going back to play against Denver, and you have one of the NFL's biggest stars in Watt as a draw. To me the whole Brock thing, along with the fact that Houston is in fact a playoff team, makes it a pretty appealing matchup for week 1.

spikerman
03-26-2016, 08:48 AM
I'll bring the mocaine
I had to look this up. Hahahahaha

Ravage!!!
03-26-2016, 09:06 AM
Won't be Carolina, just don't see the NFL putting the Super Bowl losing team in the week 1 celebration for the Super Bowl champ. They have had chances to do that in the past and never have. We don't even play the Steelers this year so it definitely won't be them. New England won't exactly have the same appeal without it being Manning-Brady, and there is also a chance Brady could be suspended week 1, so I don't see that being the matchup.

Houston makes the most sense to me. You have the obvious storyline of Brock going back to play against Denver, and you have one of the NFL's biggest stars in Watt as a draw. To me the whole Brock thing, along with the fact that Houston is in fact a playoff team, makes it a pretty appealing matchup for week 1.

K. Thanks.

Simple Jaded
03-26-2016, 08:13 PM

Here ya go:

SKTWRLD

Broncos plates too, perfect.

Btw, I was in the arcade at the skating rink, but I did have a sweet plastic skate board.

BroncoWave
03-26-2016, 09:36 PM
K. Thanks.

You're right. It will totally be the Steelers. Got me there! :lol:

BroncoJoe
03-27-2016, 08:54 AM
Broncos plates too, perfect.

Btw, I was in the arcade at the skating rink, but I did have a sweet plastic skate board.

Gotta go with the standard letters/numbers for a Broncos plate, otherwise you lose the logo.

Simple Jaded
03-27-2016, 09:45 PM
Gotta go with the standard letters/numbers for a Broncos plate, otherwise you lose the logo.

They'd sell a lot more of those if they would just listen to me.

TXBRONC
03-27-2016, 09:48 PM

There are a lot of smart people that get ignored.

BroncoJoe
03-28-2016, 07:17 AM

What's your plan/idea?

BroncoWave
04-04-2016, 11:13 AM
This article (albeit for a different sport) kinda reinforces what I have been saying about why I don't think we will play the Panthers in week 1. It just wouldn't be cool to make the losers of the Super Bowl then sit through the winning team's week 1 celebration of it.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/15129331/kansas-city-royals-say-new-york-mets-presence-soured-pregame-pomp

Manager Ned Yost said Sunday's pregame celebration of his Kansas City Royals' 2015 World Series title was partially spoiled by the fact that the NL team they beat was forced to watch.

In a day of firsts, it was the New York Mets who had the dubious honor of being the first team in MLB history to relive a World Series defeat through a steady stream of big-screen highlights before the victor raised the championship banner on Opening Day -- in their face.

"It was just strange, the pregame ceremony," Yost said.

MOtorboat
04-04-2016, 11:50 AM
I enjoyed it.

Simple Jaded
04-04-2016, 10:04 PM
What's your plan/idea?

I would let people customize Broncos plates.

BroncoJoe
04-05-2016, 07:28 AM
I would let people customize Broncos plates.

You can customize them - you just lose the Broncos logo in the middle.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/fans/broncos-license-plates.html

Q: Why can't the Broncos logo appear on a personalized plate?
A: Unfortunately, this is not a decision made by the Denver Broncos. Per Colorado State Law, logos can not appear on personalized plates.

Simple Jaded
04-05-2016, 09:57 PM

What I would do I let them customize Broncos plates with the logo, I would even let people have more letters. That way I could get SB Championship Broncos plates that say Suck it WORLD. It would be glorious.

BroncoWave
04-05-2016, 10:10 PM

Geez, I thought this was America. Thanks Obama.