PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning house hunting in West Hartford; allegedly to start working for ESPN

BronColt
03-22-2016, 03:07 PM
WEST HARTFORD, CT – Recently retired NFL great Peyton Manning is reportedly looking at houses in West Hartford as he prepares to begin his post-playing career, possibly at ESPN.

Speculation on Manning’s future began even before the final snap of his second Super Bowl championship in the Denver Broncos’ 24-10 win over the Carolina Panthers in last month’s Super Bowl 50.

Manning officially announced his retirement on March 7 and the speculation has intensified since then, would it be TV? A front-office executive of an NFL team?

A caller to the Broadway’s Electric Barnyard radio show on Country 92.5, who identified herself as Erin and said she was a real estate agent, told the hosts that Manning looked at two of her listings last week and has landed a job at ESPN.

http://patch.com/connecticut/westhartford/peyton-manning-eyeing-west-hartford-homes-report

LawDog
03-22-2016, 03:14 PM
If true, Erin just lost out on her Realtor's commission. Peyton isn't down with this type of indiscretion...

Buff
03-22-2016, 03:18 PM
I won't believe it until we get a live helicopter shot of his SUV driving around and looking for homes.

BronColt
03-22-2016, 03:55 PM
I always thought that Manning would eventually get into coaching, management or ownership in some way. A job with ESPN seems like it's too far away from the game, but maybe he wants to get away from it for a while so he can spend some time with his family.

I recall at one of his recent press conferences he mentioned that he hasn't had a Fall off in 25 years and that he would like to spend some quality time with his family. I guess he wouldn't have nearly as much time commited to ESPN as he would to a coaching position, which would take up just as much time as actually playing.

What would be the best job at ESPN? A regular commentator throughout the week or would he be announcing the games that show on ESPN? Guess we'll find out soon.

WJK
03-22-2016, 06:52 PM
If he were to do color analysis, he would almost definitely be the best on television.

MOtorboat
03-22-2016, 07:23 PM
If he were to do color analysis, he would almost definitely be the best on television.

I believe Gruden and Tirico are locked in. If he's moving to West Hartford, he would be a studio personality.

NightTrainLayne
03-22-2016, 09:54 PM
I believe Gruden and Tirico are locked in. If he's moving to West Hartford, he would be a studio personality.

Exactly. If he were to be part of a team actually calling games he wouldn't have any reason to locate to Connecticut.

Joel
03-22-2016, 10:18 PM
I always thought that Manning would eventually get into coaching, management or ownership in some way. A job with ESPN seems like it's too far away from the game, but maybe he wants to get away from it for a while so he can spend some time with his family.

I recall at one of his recent press conferences he mentioned that he hasn't had a Fall off in 25 years and that he would like to spend some quality time with his family. I guess he wouldn't have nearly as much time commited to ESPN as he would to a coaching position, which would take up just as much time as actually playing.

What would be the best job at ESPN? A regular commentator throughout the week or would he be announcing the games that show on ESPN? Guess we'll find out soon.
That's always been my take, too: It just doesn't seem like sitting in a booth discussing games in which he has NO stake would be hands-on enough for a guy as football obsessed as Manning. But he's been in a pressure cooker pretty much from Day One, and since 2011 the heat's skyrocketed, so I can understand why he'd like some time away from football and with his family. I daresay the SB brought a sigh of relief and released tension to all Broncos fans: But we're not Manning.

It's understandable he needs the first real break from football he's probably EVER had. But I bet he's back on a sideline at a high level within two or three years. Maybe I'm wrong and part of why it was so hard to let go was because he'd decided the last game he played would be his last moment on a field, and he's closing the football chapter of his life completely and permanently. But I doubt: He loves the game too much, and not just as an analysts purely academic exercise.

Name three NFL teams who wouldn't LOVE to have the Sheriff as their OC; many would be downright desperate.